IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Update: Deborah Carol Is Here

mango_fandango

8 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Right! Or at least throw it in at the end. "Mom and baby are both well, more to follow later!" It really isn't difficult. 

Especially when mama has had difficulties in the past and readers are going to be anxious about her and baby's health. I don't know why I'm so weirded out that they didn't include the "everyone's doing great!," but I am. So strange.

My guess is a girl named Deborah.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Especially when mama has had difficulties in the past and readers are going to be anxious about her and baby's health. I don't know why I'm so weirded out that they didn't include the "everyone's doing great!," but I am. So strange.

My guess is a girl named Deborah.

You guessed it. Deborah Carol Maxwell. Exactly 8 lbs.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 9

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

NO WAY, JOSE. I AM NEVER RIGHT!?!?!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

NO WAY, JOSE. I AM NEVER RIGHT!?!?!

What's that saying, even a broken clock is right twice a day, :pb_lol:

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

So I guess the two boys are going to end up having to completely support all those sisters in addition to their own families for the rest of their lives if the girls never Marry. That’s just shitty for everyone. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

Deborah seemed like a sure bet for a girl. 

I was surprised by the Carol, but I realized it's them having an ABCD for the girls, and ABCABC for the kids overall. 

• Upvote 3

Woooo Team Deborah! I just ate an extra slab of strawberry pound cake in celebration. I didn't predict any middle names, but Carol certainly never entered my mind. It's a nice name. @anjulibai That's an interesting thought regarding Carol as a "C" name. If that idea actual played a role in their choice of names, it would suggest that they truly don't expect to have any more. 

Melanie looks well in her "capture" on the blog. I hope she recovers quickly.

The "Mothers Day" group shot includes a radiant Anna-Marie. I'm calling it. She always looks amazing in the early months of pregnancy. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

The "Mothers Day" group shot includes a radiant Anna-Marie. I'm calling it. She always looks amazing in the early months of pregnancy. 

And she’s slyly holding the baby du jour so as not to distract from the mother of the hour. 

• Upvote 3

Wow I got the Deborah right!  Deborah honey I'm so sorry you were born into a really fucked up family.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

A D name AND a C name. I should have guessed. And Deborah was my guess back when we were guessing names for Benjamin, but then I decided it was too old-fashioned. 

And I'm annoyed that they departed from the virtue middle name thing lol.

And I agree, the way Anna Marie is holding the baby indicates that she's trying to hide a pregnancy. Which is a bit silly and calls attention to it more than if she'd just held the baby normally and pretended she'd just had a big meal or something. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I was right about Deborah too, but wish I wasn’t. Really, really not a fan of the name :( - Dorothea would have been so much prettier and still has a religious meaning. Not a fan of Carol either, and it bothers me that the theme they had going (virtue names for girl middles) has been broken. Argh, I hate broken themes. :( 

I was hoping the baby would be a boy so that they could have girls A-C and boys A-C, which would have been nice and symmetrical, but oh well! Not something they had control over!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Oy.  The two Deborahs that I know just happen to be raging bitches. 

hope that e everything goes well with the family.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

I was right about Deborah too, but wish I wasn’t. Really, really not a fan of the name :( - Dorothea would have been so much prettier and still has a religious meaning. Not a fan of Carol either, and it bothers me that the theme they had going (virtue names for girl middles) has been broken. Argh, I hate broken themes. :( 

I was hoping the baby would be a boy so that they could have girls A-C and boys A-C, which would have been nice and symmetrical, but oh well! Not something they had control over!

Deborah is a fucking AMAZING name. Take it from me. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13
  • Love 9

14 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

Deborah is a fucking AMAZING name. Take it from me. 

It's good to know that there are nice Deborahs in the world.  Just my luck that the ones I know aren't so pleasant.   

Edited by Granwych
Stupid tablet!!!
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Granwych said:

It's good to know that there are nice Deborahs in the world.  Just my luck that the ones I know aren't so pleasant.   

I have a lot of clients named Deborah but they mostly go by Debbie. My biggest enemy in school name was Debbie she doesn’t go by that any more she only goes by her Hebrew name. 

• Upvote 1

This conversation is making me feel so old - every class when I was growing up had at least 2 Debbie’s in it.

names are totally subjective - consensus is that name is dated but names that are far more dated (that I hate) are coming back and considered pretty.  The circle of life...I’m just glad Melanie and the baby are healthy and doing well.  

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This conversation is making me feel so old - every class when I was growing up had at least 2 Debbie’s in it.

names are totally subjective - consensus is that name is dated but names that are far more dated (that I hate) are coming back and considered pretty.  The circle of life...I’m just glad Melanie and the baby are healthy and doing well.  

Yep! Who's to say that Deborah won't make a comeback in 20 years and little Deborah Maxwell will look ahead of her time? I'm sure my parents' generation didn't expect names like Evelyn and Lillian to make a comeback. Hell, when my mum was pregnant with me, she liked the name Emma a lot, but thought it sounded too old-fashioned. Now Emma is the #1 most popular baby name for girls and has been for years. So you really never know.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep! Who's to say that Deborah won't make a comeback in 20 years and little Deborah Maxwell will look ahead of her time? I'm sure my parents' generation didn't expect names like Evelyn and Lillian to make a comeback. Hell, when my mum was pregnant with me, she liked the name Emma a lot, but thought it sounded too old-fashioned. Now Emma is the #1 most popular baby name for girls and has been for years. So you really never know.

Nope - you don’t.

i go exclusively by my middle name except to the bank and IRS.  Middle name is normal for my generation.

i do this because my given name is hideous and very, very dated when I was born.  I was named after a great aunt and I HATE that name - I still have a visceral negative reaction to it which has been life long.

ive seen it suggested on fj threads as a pretty name and I don’t know what world I’m in anymore!  Lol

ita all perception.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hell, when my mum was pregnant with me, she liked the name Emma a lot, but thought it sounded too old-fashioned. Now Emma is the #1 most popular baby name for girls and has been for years. So you really never know.

I hear Emma all the time. I watch a dog named Emma & I have a new client who’s daughter is named Emma. The first time I ever heard that name was on the TV show Degrassi Junior High. I’m in New Jersey they use to have the show on PBS.   

• Upvote 2

This is how my mind works: the name Deborah - Debbie Gibson - Tiffany. And now I have "I think we're alone now" stuck in my head.

My two and a half year old has a Helen and a Mabel in her tumbling class. It's not crazy to think that a name like Deborah could make a comeback.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

This is how my mind works: the name Deborah - Debbie Gibson - Tiffany. And now I have "I think we're alone now" stuck in my head.

My two and a half year old has a Helen and a Mabel in her tumbling class. It's not crazy to think that a name like Deborah could make a comeback.

There’s this weird rule on name cycles. Deborah, Linda, and Sandra aren’t ready to come back yet. They likely will. But not right now. The generation before those women are the ones coming back. The mother’s of Deborah, Linda, and Sandra are the ones with names coming back in style. Women named Helen and Mabel likely had daughters with names like Deborah. Give it a decade or two. And those names will come back. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Here's a bit of hoping she has some Debby Boone in her, lol. The strong-willed personality, that is. But I somehow don't see Nathan overdoing the spanking if they do that. And whether Steve lives to see her be how old Debby was when she got her last spanking, that's also yet to be known.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1