IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Update: Deborah Carol Is Here

mango_fandango

I also think Destiny’s too “out there” for the Maxwells. They tend to stick to traditional Biblical names. Elissa bucked the trend slightly with Calia and Kyle, but their middle names are solidly Bible based. Destiny would look a bit incongruous with Susannah, Abigail, Bethany, Christina, Andrew and Benjamin; Calia and Kyle are unusual for the Maxwell clan as a whole but they started that trend with their first child. 

If they agree that this is Melanie’s last, they could round things off nicely and go with an F name, boy or girl. Frederick/Freddy would be cute and would go with Buddy/Benji, and then maybe Florence/Felicity or similar for a girl. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I also think Destiny’s too “out there” for the Maxwells. They tend to stick to traditional Biblical names. Elissa bucked the trend slightly with Calia and Kyle, but their middle names are solidly Bible based. Destiny would look a bit incongruous with Susannah, Abigail, Bethany, Christina, Andrew and Benjamin; Calia and Kyle are unusual for the Maxwell clan as a whole but they started that trend with their first child. 

If they agree that this is Melanie’s last, they could round things off nicely and go with an F name, boy or girl. Frederick/Freddy would be cute and would go with Buddy/Benji, and then maybe Florence/Felicity or similar for a girl. 

I present Axton Maxwell. Hard for a Maxwell  to beat that mouthful.

Last night, my niece gave birth to her third. Her boys have really tradition names that she does not shorten. I was expecting a long, traditional name for her daughter, but nope. She gave her a 1 syllable rather utilitarian name. Color me surprised.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I present Axton Maxwell. Hard for a Maxwell  to beat that mouthful.

Last night, my niece gave birth to her third. Her boys have really tradition names that she does not shorten. I was expecting a long, traditional name for her daughter, but nope. She gave her a 1 syllable rather utilitarian name. Color me surprised.

I’m starting to love short simple names as I age. I used to like long extravegent names. Now short and sweet is so appealing. 

Faye, Finn, June, Lynn, Mae

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m starting to love short simple names as I age. I used to like long extravegent names. Now short and sweet is so appealing. 

Faye, Finn, June, Lynn, Mae

It is funny how taste in names can morph over time. I remember my SIL had a girl’s name picked out for her baby,which turned out to be a boy. She was quite young at the time and the name was similar to Kandy...by the time her next pregnancy rolled around she was 12 years older, and she named her daughter Mary. Not her name but similar.

if I was going to name another girl, I’d probably go with something less “ darling”. Perhaps something more serious. My boy has a traditional name. One that is very common and always among the top 20...I would use that same name. My GD’s name is Claire. I really have come to like that name.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It is funny how taste in names can morph over time. I remember my SIL had a girl’s name picked out for her baby,which turned out to be a boy. She was quite young at the time and the name was similar to Kandy...by the time her next pregnancy rolled around she was 12 years older, and she named her daughter Mary. Not her name but similar.

if I was going to name another girl, I’d probably go with something less “ darling”. Perhaps something more serious. My boy has a traditional name. One that is very common and always among the top 20...I would use that same name. My GD’s name is Claire. I really have come to like that name.

My favorite baby names when I was a teen 20 years ago were Stella, Jack/Jackson, Ethan, Isabelle. My children have none of those names. Mostly because they got quite popular and I knew far too many people that had used them. My children’s names were not in the top 100 the year they were born yet there are two boys on our street with their names. I don’t mind. As long as there aren’t like, ten other kids on the street with their names. That would get confusing. 

• Upvote 2

I worked with a girl that swore she'd name her first girl Shannon DelLouis and call her Shandell.

The last I heard of her, she was the mother of two girls and a boy, and nothing close to Shandell in the mix.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:41 PM, terranova said:

It doesn't help Abbie that she must spend most of her time 'buddying' a younger sibling.

That is a Duggar thing. The Maxwells don’t have a buddy system. They have chore packs and a schedule. It is still a weird way to bring up kids but it is not the same as handing a child off to an assigned proxy parent. Melanie only has five kids so that kind of stuff would not be necessary even if they did it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That is a Duggar thing. The Maxwells don’t have a buddy system. They have chore packs and a schedule. It is still a weird way to bring up kids but it is not the same as handing a child off to an assigned proxy parent. Melanie only has five kids so that kind of stuff would not be necessary even if they did it.

The Maxwells have aunty moms. They are babysitters, entertainers, cooks and laundry fairies all rolled into one. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yeah, but I'm guessing Abby's chore pack contains a lot of child care.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I think Danielle is out--Danny is already here

I'm not sure on Destiny--after all Pecan Theif and Priss have Destiny

Caleb Christopher

Dorothy Ada (called "Dottie")

• Upvote 1

I think Caleb is a likely first name for a boy, with a middle name honouring Melanie’s father in some way (do we know his name?)

For a girl I think Deborah is likely, but I like Dorothy much better. Nathan and Melanie haven’t used Grace as a middle name for any of their children yet so that would be a logical choice even if the new baby has at least two cousins with that middle name. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BookwormExtraordinaire said:

I think Caleb is a likely first name for a boy, with a middle name honouring Melanie’s father in some way (do we know his name?)

For a girl I think Deborah is likely, but I like Dorothy much better. Nathan and Melanie haven’t used Grace as a middle name for any of their children yet so that would be a logical choice even if the new baby has at least two cousins with that middle name. 

I think someone said her dad may have the middle name of Thomas. And that’s a biblical name. So I think Caleb Thomas is a good guess. 

• Upvote 1

I had to create an account because I'm really thinking they might go straight to the end of the alphabet with Zoe or Zachary. This is almost certainly the last baby, and the whole family will crow about how creative they were to go with a Z name. Zachary really fits in with their somewhat dated but serviceable classics.  Zoe's a bit trendier but it means "life" which sounds on-brand for the Maxwells. 

I think Thomas and Grace are good guesses for middle names. The family obviously doesn't mind sharing names, and they're out of obvious choices. Charity and Patience seem like possibilities for them, too. 

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Harbor said:

I had to create an account because I'm really thinking they might go straight to the end of the alphabet with Zoe or Zachary. This is almost certainly the last baby, and the whole family will crow about how creative they were to go with a Z name. Zachary really fits in with their somewhat dated but serviceable classics.  Zoe's a bit trendier but it means "life" which sounds on-brand for the Maxwells. 

I think Thomas and Grace are good guesses for middle names. The family obviously doesn't mind sharing names, and they're out of obvious choices. Charity and Patience seem like possibilities for them, too. 

Hmmm...I have seen no evidence that creativity in naming a child is valued among the Maxwells. I agree with Thomas and Grace as possible middle names, but I will be flabbergasted if Melanie and Nathan go so far off the reservation as to choose a "Z" name. Nearly as flabbergasted as I would be if there were ever a Destiny among the Maxclan...that name seems a little bit too declasse for the Maxes.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, VVV said:

Hmmm...I have seen no evidence that creativity in naming a child is valued among the Maxwells. I agree with Thomas and Grace as possible middle names, but I will be flabbergasted if Melanie and Nathan go so far off the reservation as to choose a "Z" name. Nearly as flabbergasted as I would be if there were ever a Destiny among the Maxclan...that name seems a little bit too declasse for the Maxes.

I get what you're saying, but they make such a big deal out of calling Mary a "creative" and pointing out creativity (despite evidence to the contrary). I just think the Maxwells would find skipping to Z really surprising and creative. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Harbor said:

I get what you're saying, but they make such a big deal out of calling Mary a "creative" and pointing out creativity (despite evidence to the contrary). I just think the Maxwells would find skipping to Z really surprising and creative. 

They would find such a notion surprising and creative. And for those reasons, they wouldn't do it. 

Mary is "creative" in the very specific, narrow avenues that they allow her to express herself. In the past, when she has demonstrated too much interest and engagement with other creative pursuits (sewing is the biggest example of this), she is immediately forced to give up the activity. They aren't wacky, fun, creative people who celebrate differences and variety. They abhor individuality. 

However, the main reason that your "Z" theory would just not ever happen is the insurmountable hurdle of Maxlogic coupled with Maxtheology. They would NEVER claim that they believed that any child was "the last". Every single woman is presumed fertile until menopause, and even after that, miracles can happen if God says so. Plus, at Melanie's age, she could potentially conceive again. God is in charge of the uterus; he's the only one who gets to say which baby is last. 

I think Deborah is almost a guarantee for a girl. It's a perfect fit for the types of names they gravitate to. Plus,  it has three syllables, like all of their daughters' names. My personal pick would be "Damaris", but it's a little exotic for their taste, I think.

For a boy, again, the most Maxwellish option is Caleb. If there wasn't already a Christopher in the extended family, I could see them choosing that, especially since Christina is called "Tina" most of the time. My personal pick here would be Clement, but I think the Maxwells would find that to be too Catholic. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Every single woman is presumed fertile until menopause, and even after that, miracles can happen if God says so.

I would give everything I own to see Teri's face if God went old testament on her and gave her a post menopause baby.

Steve would NEVER stop talking about his magic testicles if that happened. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 22

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would give everything I own to see Teri's face if God went old testament on her and gave her a post menopause baby.

Steve would NEVER stop talking about his magic testicles if that happened. 

Hell, I wouldn't stop talking about them either.

#smitebaby2020

• Haha 19

On 5/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, Harbor said:

I don't think they would go straight to the end of the alphabet because god decides when they have their last child. They can't know for certain that this is the last one since it's not their decision. What if god decides to bless them again after this one, as unlikely as it seems?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Looks like Melanie had her baby at some point today.  Sarah will update later.

• Upvote 5

I hope that the lack of news is good news, to an extent. She didn't covet prayers, so hopefully everyone is safe and sound.

• Upvote 6

Teri replied in a comment that mom and baby were well, so that is good news of course. Hopefully this little one completes their family. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Teri replied in a comment that mom and baby were well, so that is good news of course. Hopefully this little one completes their family. 

You'd think one would lead a birth announcement with that...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You'd think one would lead a birth announcement with that...

Right! Or at least throw it in at the end. "Mom and baby are both well, more to follow later!" It really isn't difficult. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3