IGNORED

Lori 65: The Demonic Agenda regarding Women

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

It's not your job, Lori. No one assigned you this job, not even GOD.  You're not authorised to 'let' or 'not let' ANYONE do anything. 

Her arrogance grows by the day. :my_dodgy:

And what's this wisdom she's talking about?  Lori, wisdom?  I'd be on the floor, rolling and laughing, if it weren't so sad and pathetic.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Does she have to be that specific?  If that's what Ken prefers instead being on top of a limp ragdoll, then so be it.  She is just bizarre discussing hand jobs with complete strangers.  

Spoiler

946004684_ScreenShot2019-04-29at3_53_32PM.png.260c24b4b27103dcebf6a087aa399abf.png

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 2

Bit late to this, but @Curious

"...since I had no symptoms and no fever until I was well on the way toward death there was nothing I could really do. ..."

Very glad to hear you are doing well after your ordeal. I'm just quoting the above because I had a similar thing happen to me last year - from pneumonia though.

\long story

I honestly just thought I had a bad cold/mild flu, and carried on for 2-3 days as I was on holiday in Vienna visiting friends. Went to a Ball, out for dinner, the opera etc, and bailed on a birthday dinner as I was feeling a bit rough, so went to rest. Had a bit of a problem with deep breaths, but since I was on crutches, just assumed I'd pulled a muscle in my shoulder/back. Spent another day in bed, then we went back home.

At no time did I have any fever, bad cough etc. Made a doctor's appointment for the first morning back, had a bath and then my boyf had to call the doctor to make a house visit. Was promptly taken to hospital as my blood pressure was through the floor, and my temp was up slightly (about 99). He and the ER doc thought sepsis immediately - and just as well, as later that day I had a temp of 105, was delirious and on oxygen, and in septic shock. I was then in a coma and ventilator in ICU for 6-7 weeks, another 3-4 weeks in hospital on oxygen, and 4 weeks in rehab and on steroids (ugh) for 8 months. Also developed valve insufficiencies in my mitral and aortic valves, which at least have repaired themselves mostly, but am still looking at probable surgery in my 60s (was 39 at the time, so my relative youth allowed me to recuperate amazingly fast!).

One of the things they constantly monitored me for was UTIs - they are the cause of about 30% of sepsis cases, as is pneumonia (and I had some weird other thing/infection in my lungs long term, apparently. They still don't really know what it was as they were too scared to do a biopsy.)

It is terrifying that you can be so ill and not feel it, at first I was absolutely petrified of even wearing earrings again, or getting a scratch - it's thought that one episode of sepsis can make you more susceptible to further ones. Then I read about Calvin Coolidge's son dying from sepsis after he played tennis with no socks, and got a blister which got infected. I swore off shoes other than my converse and comfy DMs for about 6 months too!

Have some lung scarring, but it is not too bad, and after over a year I now have a good lung capacity again. So, aside from the heart damage and tracheotomy scar, the only lasting scar is my paranoia that every cold will give me sepsis again. I have a blood pressure monitor to check when I'm ill and have no fever (and also because the steroids gave me high blood pressure, sweats, shakes, weight gain, etc etc).

\end long story

TL;DR even if you feel OK, have no temp etc, think the pain in your shoulder when you breathe deep is a result of muscle strain, go to a doctor ASAP. I'm lucky to be alive, as I didn't think anything was wrong, yet within a few hours I went from hobbling along on crutches and taking a bath to an emergency tracheotomy, and less than a 5% chance of survival. Also, check for marbling on your legs and arms!

• Love 17

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Absolutely! 2 of my kids are bi. They are currently with opposite sex partners, but that may change. I don't care. I just want them happy, healthy, reasonably successful (defined as living the life they want), and ALIVE! Went through the hell of a son who served 2 tours in Iraq, never want to worry like that ever again!

My main comment to my daughter was that I just wanted her to be happy and with someone who loves her, and that I want her to be safe.  At the time, I was hopeful that things were getting better for those of us who are in the LGBTQ (I get the letters in the wrong order all the time, so I apologize if I got it wrong this time!) but then the 2016 election happened and now I am back to being scared for her and her friends.  As parents, we have to be there for them and you obviously are in your kid's corner.

Edited by Briefly
corrected year of the election!
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 10

What the actually Fuck Lori! Any sex that isn’t consensual at the time is RAPE! PERIOD! It has to be consensual every fucking damn time. A women or man has the right to change their mind to sex to. I haven’t done it but my bf has. If I had forced him to continue it would have been rape. The first time he stopped I was in a lot of pain. I tried to finish but he said no. He’s not even Christian and he new to stop. FD540DF8-9F2B-4674-B781-175D33A9859B.thumb.png.afbd0452cef0c45617719aa31269ac1c.png

Spoiler

36D5240E-47D3-44A0-8C8E-2A1019C0D45D.thumb.png.c98232e67de976cb40c49ff65dc39deb.png

Spoiler

9E4E20FE-841C-47E0-B4CA-17796219D79B.thumb.png.31b192f9c350144e3e358b07944fa5a2.png

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 5

Would you take sex advice from this?  Sitting in her sterile bedroom giving sex advice.  

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.28.36 PM.png

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

*picks up phone and read Lori's topic today, immediately puts phone down and rage screams internally* Fuck that. NOPE. That is just so evil, so incredibly evil. Like I feel sick reading any of what was written. I've sat in the counseling office with women completely traumatized by what their "loving" husband did to them. So fuck that shit.

Like we get it Lori, of course you don't have a basic understanding of consent. You raped your own husband after all. Did he consent to having sex with you when you put the hole in your birth control? No? Then he didn't consent to the type of sex he had with you. That makes it sexual assault. 

You rage against feminists but I would never disrespect and harm my partner like you have. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

How old was Lori when she made the jump from lousy unemployed housewife to "wise older woman"?    I'm finding it difficult, if not impossible to see her "teaching" younger women anything.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

I don’t have a history of trauma, but her post today has absolutely triggered me. She and her fan girls are absolutely vile as are the men who frequent her page. 

There is absolutely such a thing as marital rape. Marriage does not imply blanket consent. What kind of man wants sex with a woman who is doing it out of sense of duty, lying there while she thinks about what she needs to do when he finishes? My husband doesn’t want half hearted or duty sex. 

Both of my children (daughter and son) are being raised to know what consent is and why it’s important. And that no means no. 

I swear these people have got to be more sex crazed than a high school boy. Sometimes I think that they are focused on how many kids they have because it’s a way to brag about their sex lives. 

Lori Alexander and Ken Alexander are vile, disgusting, horrid human beings and their teachings are the absolute opposite of Christ. Neither are qualified to teach a rock from my driveway. And to all of those single men- Alex Hoffelder (likely a fake name), Shawn Cantu, etc- there is a reason you are single. Perhaps you should take a good look at yourselves. Stop trying to control others and grow up. A whiny “respect my authority” persona means you are a big dumb baby. 

I reported the post and many of the comments. I don’t know that it will matter, but I had to do something. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Even Got Questions, a relatively conservative Christian answer site and a source Lori uses from time to time, recognizes that marital rape is rape. The verse "Do not deprive one another..." is about mutually submitting to one another. If Jesus Christ had a wife, I know that He wouldn't have His way with her. Christ = Love = Selfless. For Christians, this shouldn't be complicated.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but nonconsensual sex is not what God intended.  It is not about strengthening a relationship. It is about power. It is meant to devalue the victim.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

How can she bring her food from afar if she is at home? She may have only bought one field but we don’t know how big it is. None of that matters though. She had servants that she oversaw. Believe it or not she was a business women. She bought her own field, her husband didn’t, she made her own linens, not her husband. I don’t get why Lori fights this one. No mention of her children or husband helping her. No way she could have found merchants to sell her stuff without leaving her home. They didn’t have phones. 9D238E02-AFF5-4353-9C8E-34C7DAFBDE36.thumb.png.3abf304a98d7e2a44daae03e66196953.png

• Upvote 8

Oh, brother! Marital rape V2 today.   Except Lori is lazy and again tries to prove her point using opinions of others.  And basically her entire post is just a recap of select comments from yesterday....which people can read for themselves simply by scrolling down her page  (with the exception of any she deleted). 

I seriously wish she would take up knitting or something...or maybe its time to make another loaf of her holier-than-thou Einkorn bread. Anything. You can clearly see she is obsessed  with her own opinion, fighting with others  and forced sex. 

And this is just BEC, but I think she's making all these videos so she can show off all her new "pretty feminine shirts" she bragged about last week so she can show how feminine she is. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 14

I was just in the shower thinking about the idiocy of Lori when I wondered if she just realized her adult children don’t follow all of her commandments. They are getting older and surer of their own opinions and perhaps just announce their decisions without asking for her approval or blessing. My own adult children do this and while I don’t always agree with them it is no longer my place to try to insert my opinion over theirs . It must enrage her to realize her opinions are irrelevant.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

The comments about her supporting marital rape must have hit hard if she's going this far to continue to discuss and defend herself.  But, then it gives her another shot at going viral.  I love that her Instagram page has a link to the USA Today article about her.  Ken needs to change the password on their Internet and not let her have it.  It would be great if he changed it to "getajob."

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

Lori needs to get out a dictionary and learn the difference between famous and infamous.....

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

Yes Lori your body is not supposed to be your own but neither is your husbands body his own. I think you fail to mention that because you like women to suffer. That being said both women and men can turn down sex. Marriage doesn’t equal consent. Any decent person will be okay with their partners saying no. Yes there are needs to be met but they can wait or that person can take care of them themselves, without cheating. 

Rape exist in marriage because consent must be given every time. It’s pretty simple. And consent can be taken away at any time. 

3573A2C3-94E1-4C54-80E3-6AE67A3A595D.thumb.jpeg.b6269cf3310c1027f6db9158af646481.jpeg

why is feminism and abortion always brought up. Rape has nothing to do with either. People rape to take what they think is rightfully theirs because they can’t have it otherwise. 

Spoiler

016EC103-2B13-4287-B086-2892B4AA1389.thumb.png.3967faf8898fcfe7c16c9fd779fb39fd.png

Feminism promotes equality not selfishness. Lori just quit. 

• Upvote 14

41 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

The comments about her supporting marital rape must have hit hard if she's going this far to continue to discuss and defend herself.  But, then it gives her another shot at going viral.  I love that her Instagram page has a link to the USA Today article about her.  Ken needs to change the password on their Internet and not let her have it.  It would be great if he changed it to "getajob."

I think she’s trying to go viral. In her mind, if she creates lots of fanfare and attention drawn to herself, it will boost sales of her new book. 

And honestly, I think Ken believes and supports what she does. You condone what you allow, and he clearly allows it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Yes means nothing, if no is not an option.  Lori's bullshit about marriage meaning lifelong consent takes away the option of occasionally saying no, so what point is there in her world to a wife saying yes, when she and her husband both know (according to Lori's insane rules) she has to do it anyway?  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

The wind must be blowing a particular way today...scrolling through the Facebook I've caught several different pics of Judith beheading Holofernes and some pretty great "friendzone/not a servant" type memes.  These animals will get their pushback.  Our children deserve better than this servant/master garbage the fundies preach.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

So, I find the "do not deprive each other" interpretation by Lori here as extremely ironic - as it is in the context of mutual agreement rather than "obedience". 

Context from Dr. Constable's study notes (Dallas Theological Seminary professor) - The Corinthians seemed to have some sort of misguided sense that abstaining from sex itself (even in marriage) was preferred and the ideal.  In Corinth, many of the married men and women who converted to Christianity sought to live lives of celibacy rather than engage in sexual intimacy within their marriages as they viewed sex itself as "sin".  It's also important to note that the sexual "rights" are carefully balanced and equal.  

I personally tend to view this passage as more in the context of the manipulations that are common in the relationally  immature.  Corinth couldn't seem to navigate many disputes in an way that strengthened the relationship.  It was all about power struggles and getting something rather than about unity, togetherness, and love.  

That Lori advocates this passage as a way to manipulate one's husband.  This is antithetical to the idea here of mutuality and unity.  Lori only understands pride and power and hierarchy; not love. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

First:  Lori does not understand what abuse is.  She also believes that women can spot an abuser sooo, it is their fault if they marry him.  Nooo.  The abuser puts on the "nice guy" act and when the women is "caught", he starts the abuse.   And, no, you cannot be so loving that he stops the abuse.  He needs a lot of help for that ... professional help.

Second, Lori thinks its okay to wake up and find your husband having sex with you.  Uhm, no ... it is not okay.  It is non-consensual and it is rape.  

Lori cannot make a clear argument.  She starts with some crazy premise (well they are all sound crazy to me) and then ... she defends it with unsubstantiated or totally "out there" crap she makes up as she goes along. No logic, no reasoning ... nada.  

If you disagree, she may find a bible verse she "thinks" backs her up OR  ask "where is it in the Bible"?    First of all, her interpretation of the Bible leaves a lot to be desired and second, the "it isn't in the Bible, so Lori is correct, is just STUPID.   Finally, if you disagree with Lori, you are disagreeing with God Himself.   

TBH, the woman is a simpleton and a bore.  She gets off on putting people down, and could not possibly have any discourse with a halfway intelligent person ... no matter what persuasion.   Very often people think her blog is parody.  

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Why would anyone agree to sex while asleep? Or being woken up by sex? I’ve been woken up to my bf playing with my hair or boobs. If I’m in the mood we have sex if not I tell him no and roll over. Never woken up to sex. Never tried to have sex while the bf was asleep. We’ve been fooling around and he has fallen asleep. Guess what I didn’t keep going I stoped and let him sleep. 

1D31FF50-740A-40FC-B2FA-31F90C39B4F7.thumb.png.d189a3400cb724d0fee37be5cbaf85ee.png

no means no and yes means yes until no is given. One yes doesn’t mean it’s always yes. Same with no. 

2 minutes ago, Liza said:

First:  Lori does not understand what abuse is.  She also believes that women can spot an abuser sooo, it is their fault if they marry him.  Nooo.  The abuser puts on the "nice guy" act and when the women is "caught", he starts the abuse.   

Second, Lori thinks its okay to wake up and find your husband having sex with you.  Uhm, no ... it is not okay.  It is non-consensual and it is rape.  

Lori cannot make a clear argument.  She starts with some crazy premise (well they are all crazy to me, anyway) and then ... she defends it with unsubstantiated or totally "out there" crap she makes up as she goes along. No logic, no reasoning ... nada.  

If you disagree, she may find a bible verse she "thinks" backs her up OR  ask "where is it in the Bible"    First of all, her interpretation of the Bible leaves a lot to be desired and second, the "it isn't in the Bible, so Lori is correct, is just STUPID.   Finally, if you disagree with Lori, you are disagreeing with God Himself.   

TBH, the woman is a simpleton and a bore.  She gets off on putting people down, and could not possibly have any discourse with a halfway intelligent person ... no matter what persuasion.   Very often people think her blog is parody.  

She also says “I believe” or “I think” in a lot of her responses. Then she will say “find a verse that says I’m wrong.” The Bible is a way for us to get to know god and Jesus. It’s not a book of laws or rules. That was OT and Jesus got rid of that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I’m sick of people, particularly fundies, thinking that rape involves a stranger down a dark alley or similar. NO NO NO!! The vast majority of sexual assault/rape is perpetrated by someone the victim knows. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

Three posts on marital rape in less than 24 hours, and one on how shaming women is a good thing. Yeah, Lori wants to go viral again.

Comment on one of the rape posts:

Total obsession on this topic. Please stop.

Another one, from a man, no less:

So you're a rape apologist. At least have the courage to admit it.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic