IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

2 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

My first thought was- wait, they're already pregnant. My second thought was, "Do we know the sex?" Then I thought where is our thread drift taking us now?

No I'm waiting for that one though. she's due in October and people due in November are already announcing Gender (Zach and Tori from LPBW) so I figure we'll see it soon. Now just to wonder if they will do a theme, will it be G's will it be family names, will there be no themes. 

if it's G My guess is Graham for a boy and Grace for a girl. 

if it's family then Renee for a girl and Paul for a boy 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Am I only person who thinks the head of the model is weirdly out of proportion with her body? It's unsettling.

Honestly, that is one of many items on the website where the head looks photoshopped.

Seriously, like whatever fundy Bates Sisters rivals are running this site--I think they've sometimes taken existing photos of models wearing their cheap Chinese-produced clothes & photoshopped their own faces on.

This one also looks photoshopped: https://theklassygirlboutique.com/little-spring-jumper-in-pink/

All these online "modest boutiques" look alike: https://www.neeseesdresses.com/https://theklassygirlboutique.com/https://batessistersboutique.com/https://mountainaireboutique.com/

And my two favorite twin websites: "Citrus and Lemon"--https://citrusandlemon.com/ and "Cactus and Cotton"--https://cactusandcotton.com/

Similar web template rife with English misspellings; similar cheaply produced "disposable" fashion; similar fundy ladies pretending they are running a real business, instead of just being a web front for cheap Chinese textiles. As far as I can tell, this is just a step away from MLM.

PS You might want to read up on tariffs, fundy ladies!

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5

I might wear the shoes. They look comfy. Not with anything approaching my own version of a stylish ensemble.

Dear rufus.

The t-shirt. Who wants to advertise Amazon and target? Not funny.

What mom wears robe length see thru kimonos with her casual running around outfit?

The Jean skirt is a hair better than the other Jean skirt.

klassy with a K indeed....I have missed out on so many financial opportunities.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

All these online "boutiques" look alike: https://www.neeseesdresses.com/https://theklassygirlboutique.com/https://batessistersboutique.com/

Similar web template; similar cheaply produced "disposable" fashion.

The Klassy Girl clothes are definitely the ugliest, though they're the only one who didn't title all their products with fundie girl names like THE TESSLA and THE ASHLYN (MUSTARD PLUS).

• Upvote 2

That ugly sweater and the spook wearing it actually scared me (whimpering here), I might need a glass of wine now.

• Upvote 1

Thought the thread had a burst of activity because she announced twins as well!

I don’t think they’ll do a name theme. If they do, it’ll be G’s rather than family names. I think family names could get repetitive and confusing real quick if they’re trying to have 20 kids. I do think the second child, if it’s a girl, will contain a family name for the middle name, but on the whole the names they pick will just be kinda trendy, popular, relatively normal names.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I thought for sure Kendra was announcing twins!

Me too. "Nearly 500 messages????!?!?!?! MUST SEE!"

Ah, mustard cardigans. You never get old, FreeJinger.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

17 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is it bad that I don't care what gender my kid is as long as I get grand kids? I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that "season of life" when and if it happens. :) I have always loved being the fun Aunt, all fun and no real responsibility.  Nanny must be next level epic to that.

CW for miscarriage/infertility talk.

As someone who was told all my life that my mum only really wanted grandkids etc, and know I'm a real disappointment because I didn't give them to her, yeah, it's really bad. 

It's shitty to have that kind of pressure on you if you're not someone who wants kids (and is told all her life that she'll change her mind/implied she was denying her mother an experience that was better than motherhood etc), but when my sister was going through multiple miscarriages, fertility treatment etc, it just added to the pressure.  She thought that when she told her mum about the latest problem, our mum would be seeing it as how bad it was that she wouldn't become a grandmother, rather than being there for my sister.  And maybe my mum wasn't thinking that, but a lifetime of being told about how much my mum was looking forward to grandmotherhood made my sister worry about it. 

So yeah, if this is how you feel, please please never tell your kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 15

Here’s the description for that monstrosity, in case you didn’t click on it: “Sweater weather is here and we can't think of a better sweater to cuddle up in then the Amber sweater! It is so fun with it's textured pattern! The quality of this item is top notch couture for sure! You will not be disappointed!”

So that’s two grammatical errors and a complete failure to understand what “couture” means.

Some more klassic Klassy:

https://theklassygirlboutique.com/polka-dot-floral-maxi-dress-blue-mama-size-final-sale/

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

CW for miscarriage/infertility talk.

As someone who was told all my life that my mum only really wanted grandkids etc, and know I'm a real disappointment because I didn't give them to her, yeah, it's really bad. 

It's shitty to have that kind of pressure on you if you're not someone who wants kids (and is told all her life that she'll change her mind/implied she was denying her mother an experience that was better than motherhood etc), but when my sister was going through multiple miscarriages, fertility treatment etc, it just added to the pressure.  She thought that when she told her mum about the latest problem, our mum would be seeing it as how bad it was that she wouldn't become a grandmother, rather than being there for my sister.  And maybe my mum wasn't thinking that, but a lifetime of being told about how much my mum was looking forward to grandmotherhood made my sister worry about it. 

So yeah, if this is how you feel, please please never tell your kids.

I am sorry for you, I understand all of that and i get that what i said was a trigger for you and others. 

I assumed (you know what they say about assume and ass of u and me) that the "if  it happens" was a statement that I am well aware my daughter will walk her own path. 

My daughter doesn't have kids I will be sad but I will still most importantly have her and whatever family she chooses for herself.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

No I'm waiting for that one though. she's due in October and people due in November are already announcing Gender (Zach and Tori from LPBW) so I figure we'll see it soon. Now just to wonder if they will do a theme, will it be G's will it be family names, will there be no themes. 

if it's G My guess is Graham for a boy and Grace for a girl. 

if it's family then Renee for a girl and Paul for a boy 

The Roloffs very likely had a blood test done to determine the sex. I had the chance to find out via genetic bloodwork when I had an appointment late last week, but we declined - I was 12 weeks exactly at that point. Tori can’t be more than 15 weeks along at this point, meaning it’s too early to tell based off the anatomy scan. 

Some of the Bateses have (ZachNey) had that bloodwork done in the past, but I don’t believe the Duggars have had that done in the past. I’d guess JoKen will find out sometime next month and do a reveal after that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

The sweater patter is leaves. I knit baby blankets using squares with a leaf in the corner. I got a first at the state fair with one. I'll try to find a picture.

• Thank You 1

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Sooo... am I the only one who sees nothing but a bunch of nipples?

Nope. Instant thought was “it’s covered in saggy breasts”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

That sweater brings new meaning to the phrase ‘nipping out’.

• Haha 9

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Sooo... am I the only one who sees nothing but a bunch of nipples?

It reminds me of the Woman of Willendorf (I had an art professor assign us a reflection paper on it).  So maybe fundies are more art-conscious than we give them credit for? 

Spoiler

willendorf.jpg

Edited by Blahblah
fix Spoiler
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Cactus and cotton sounds like a Russian Roulette-style clothing store.

Count me in the number who was concerned "hot" meant a twins announcement.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The Roloffs very likely had a blood test done to determine the sex.

I suppose it’s possible they had an amniocentesis to check for the dwarfism? I know they knew in advance with their first baby, but I don’t know if that was from regular monitoring or some extra diagnostics. 

1 minute ago, theotherelise said:

I suppose it’s possible they had an amniocentesis to check for the dwarfism? I know they knew in advance with their first baby, but I don’t know if that was from regular monitoring or some extra diagnostics. 

I believe they didn't know for sure until she was in her third trimester and they measured the baby during an ultrasound. though I finding  sex out via blood test as early as 10 weeks is actually really popular right now. many people I know have been doing it. I think it's called the Harmony test. 

• Upvote 2

The Harmony also tests for chromosomal abnormalities like trisomy 13 or Down Syndrome, and is much more accurate than the risk given by the nuchal translucency scan often done at 12 weeks. It’s just a blood test, low risk unlike amniocentesis, so as it’s getting more affordable and well known, a lot more parents are choosing to do it, with the bonus of learning the sex of their baby early on.

That sweater is more pine cone than pineapple to me. It’s fugly, anyway. So is a lot of the stuff on that website. Maybe it’s the matching two people thing (is that supposed to be a mother and daughter?) but this one seems extra foul too: https://theklassygirlboutique.com/emmy-yellow-floral-maxi-dress-mama-sz/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Other charming T-shirt slogans they have:

- feed me tacos and tell me I’m pretty (because sloth and pride are awesome, and “tell me I’m pretty” is the definition of modesty)

- more extra than guac

- raised on sweet tea and Jesus

- running on caffeine and dry shampoo (dry shampoo is something we proudly announce to the world now?)

- stay humble, pray hard (nothing says “humble” like announcing your prayerfulness on your clothing!)

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

I’ve seen most of those t-shirt slogans as memes or used in girls’ Instagram bios. I think the dry shampoo one is a product of our society making it cool/admirable to be busy and overworked. Although “feed me pizza/tacos and tell me I’m pretty” is so 2014. ? 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, theotherelise said:

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe they didn't know for sure until she was in her third trimester and they measured the baby during an ultrasound. though I finding  sex out via blood test as early as 10 weeks is actually really popular right now. many people I know have been doing it. I think it's called the Harmony test. 

Based off only my personal experience, which could very easily differ from someone else’s:

Usually you’re offered genetic bloodwork first. It’s completely optional and you don’t have to do it. The bloodwork I was offered tested for Down Syndrome, two Trisomies, six very rare conditions (like Angelman’s Syndrome), sex (listed as the actual chromosomal pairings, not just “boy” or “girl”), and a few other genetic conditions (like Cystic Fibrosis.) Husband and I opted to test for the first and last groups this time - so Down Syndrome, the Trisomies, and the conditions like CF. With this testing they usually test just the mother first. If she comes back as a carrier for any of the genetic conditions they’ll then test the father and determine whether there’s a high risk of the baby having it. I don’t think there would be a need to test the father if it comes back positive for Down Syndrome or the Trisomies. 

If something comes back positive, they’ll then offer to do invasive testing - either CVS (chorionic villus sampling) or Amniocentesis. Both of these come with a slight increased risk of miscarriage (I think around 1%) because it’s invasive, so a lot of parents don’t like having it done unless it’s necessary. CVS can be done between weeks 10 and 13. Amniocentesis isn’t done until between weeks 15 and 20, so there’s no way the Roloffs have had this done and know the results yet. I’d bet my left hand they opted for either genetic bloodwork or did some sort of other early detection test, either through the doctor or at a lab or at home. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, metheglyn said:

They don't come with underlayers either. You're supposed to wear it *over* a swimsuit. How do you swim in a pencil skirt?

I do put my swimshirt over my bathing suit. Because I've got really big boobs that would NOT work without the serious hardware in the suit underneath. And I mostly wear it because I'm so pale I'm practically see through - and I don't want to burn. I do, however, sometimes take the shirt off if we're sitting under a giant umbrella. Or it's way late in the afternoon/evening. 

But I wear regular bathing suit BOTTOMS. I do not understand this swim-in-pencil-skirt idea! 

• Upvote 3

• Georgiana locked this topic