IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

It doesn't; I agree. But psychological manipulation and brain-washing is a very real thing.

ITA which is why I have been studying cults for many years, including family cults. That's why it is so amazing when someone breaks free.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Too bad the Maxwells don't allow open commenting, or else I'd be able to tell Tiffanie where the park is. Only took a minute of searching the city schools list and then looking them up on Google Maps. Out of all of the schools, I think they picked the best one.

I was most surprised to see the info regarding race, sex, and class bracket (sussed out through eligibility for free lunch) of the students on the county page. where I live, that would be very verbot.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

Too bad the Maxwells don't allow open commenting, or else I'd be able to tell Tiffanie where the park is. Only took a minute of searching the city schools list and then looking them up on Google Maps. Out of all of the schools, I think they picked the best one.

I was most surprised to see the info regarding race, sex, and class bracket (sussed out through eligibility for free lunch) of the students on the county page. where I live, that would be very verbot.

You can look up who is eligible for free lunch?! WTAF?!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You can look up who is eligible for free lunch?! WTAF?!

I’m assuming there is a percentage publicly available rather than specific people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Ok, quite off-topic but I feel like I’m losing my Google-fu!  How did you go from identifying the schools to finding the school they infested - er, visited?  I tried looking for two playgrounds but it was nearly impossible to keep all the locations in mind, etc. PM me if you like. I know this sounds invasive as all get-out, but I usually have no problem finding stuff.  

• Upvote 3

How do they make everything sound so fucking BORING? Honestly. My kids go out with their Grandparents regularly, more than the Max kids do, AND my kids are in school and child care. But I'm sure they have 10x the fun the poor Max kids have, with their scheduled hopscotch and their ordered running around. Fuck Terri and Steve for ruining so many lives with their arseholery.

• Upvote 14

On 4/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, freejugar said:

Here is  last year's

https://blog.titus2.com/2018/03/23/the-second-annual-spring-grandmas-picnic/

Why oh why does a grown up woman  get in a slide  for children?

Thank you for the throwback!  As to Annaandmary on the slide, I can’t snark. Other than the runner’s high, when do they ever get a chance to feel a rush of exhilaration like the temporary free fall of sliding? Heck fire, as far as we know, they never even feel the faux weightlessness of swimming!!! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2019 at 1:49 PM, freejugar said:

Here is  last year's

https://blog.titus2.com/2018/03/23/the-second-annual-spring-grandmas-picnic/

Why oh why does a grown up woman  get in a slide  for children?

Because when your grandchild tells you to go down the slide, you do it.  I personally like the swings and go on whenever I'm at a park.  I don't need any prompting from my grandson.  I can swing on swings all day.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I personally like the swings and go on whenever I'm at a park.  I don't need any prompting from my grandson.  I can swing on swings all day.  

The swings are my favorite, too. :)

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Removing wrong emoji. All Beansie's fault.
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The swings are my favorite, too. :)

It's really annoying when the darn kids at the park hog the swings lol  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

@theologygeek, I was just thinking how annoying it is when a playground only has 2 swings, or has so many kids that there are lines for the swings! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@theologygeek, I was just thinking how annoying it is when a playground only has 2 swings, or has so many kids that there are lines for the swings! :pb_lol:

OMG I was just thinking the same thing!  How funny is that?  LOL  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I could sit on a swing all day!

My local park has swings that are almost like giant car seats. They are for kids with physical disabilities, but they are perfect size for your average adult too. Me and my friend frequently go for runs at this park in the evening and often sit down on these after for a chat. I could swing back and forth all day!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

One of the moments that really brought home that my weight was more than a cosmetic problem was when my bum wouldn’t fit on the swing at the local park. I’m not back to pre kids weight yet (and probably never will be) but at least I can swing with the kids again! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

Elizabeth looks so cute! As does Ax Max.

Bethany doesn’t appear to have the eye patch any more. Guess it was only a temporary thing. Hope she’s OK. At least they go to the hospital/ER when needed, unlike *some* people... *stares pointedly at the Rods and their relatives*

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

New post! Mulching at Gigi’s. This family is living life on repeat. 

Again?  But where does the mulch *go* every year?

• Haha 13

4 minutes ago, catlady said:

It decomposes into the soil.  Organic matter breaks down rather quickly especially in the Kansas heat and humidity.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It decomposes into the soil.  Organic matter breaks down rather quickly especially in the Kansas heat and humidity.

Please let Sarah know. I’m sure she’s still wondering.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:
36 minutes ago, catlady said:

Ah, but does the mulch know where its going when it dies?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

I might be behind on this, but I am very amused at how Teri lined the kids up public school style against the wall to eat their lunch. Churches often do this too. I understand it is a manageable way to monitor lunch, but I always hated sitting on the concrete (scoliosis), and I couldn’t face anyone. It feels very prison-like. If the Maxwell kids are so well behaved, why can’t they sit in circles on the grass?

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Sarah used some interesting vocabulary this time.  Steve must have been a heavy-handed editor--  

and figuring out a day people can come.

instead of "schedule."  

Spoiler

dispense mulch

i love the idea of mulch dispensers!  (off topic, but have any of those kids ever seen a PEZ dispenser, or is that too much f*n?)  

--

i could not find any use of the word "crew."  

and this made me channel my inner 12yo:  

tree balls

thank you, Sarah!!

Edited by catlady
that second one should have been a quote box, not a spoiler; there's nothing scary in there.
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

In Which We Ask, How Many Maxwells does it take to mulch an old lady's yard?

Too damned many by the look of it! Geese Pete! If you want to spend the day with Grandma just do it.

Please tell me those kids aren't just parked in that stroller to keep them out of stuff?????

• Upvote 6

I was looking at the uses of eye patches.  I knew about their use for eye injury and surgery which, of course, means that they're gone once you are healed.  But they are also used non-continuously to treat amblyopia (lazy eye).  The child wears them 4 to 6 hours a day on the stronger eye to, hopefully,  to make the weak eye stronger.  I think the typical course of treatment is about 6 months.

My brother had to wear a patch on his eye when he had surgery to correct strabismus.  A friend wore one after cataract surgery and my daughter wore on for a while when she suffered from vertigo associated with her brain tumor.  I think maybe her eye movement wasn't coordinated before her surgery, but I'm not altogether sure

@catlady, while the Max kids may have seen a PEZ dispenser, it's a good bet they've never had one.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Random observations:  Looks like Calia was included; happily, Elissa has avoided the frumper look for her   Was also amused by look on Chelsy's face when Gigi had the baby.  I don't think she was all that thrilled about being photographed. 

That is all.

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic