IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

Jeremy likes to look like a Sheep with the suits, wife, life etc. Essentially he's a wolf underneath.

• Upvote 12

Did anyone else find Jinger's reaction to the Seewald announcement a bit odd? I think it's the fact that the 'congratulations!' was so high pitched, to me it sounded a bit forced/insincere. But I'm also thinking that scene showed us a more genuine Jinger than we usually see. The "Yeah I know what that means!!" stood out to me as being much more real than her usual 'Oh I am a sweet supportive softspoken pastor wife' personality. Thoughts? :)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

The "Yeah I know what that means!!" stood out to me as being much more real than her usual 'Oh I am a sweet supportive softspoken pastor wife' personality. Thoughts?

I've never thought she was as dumb as people say. I'm not saying she's a secret genius or anything, but I think she's of average intelligence. When I saw the thing on reddit where Jeremy said she asks him what he thinks of Scripture, I don't take that as her genuinely having no idea how to read Scripture herself. I think she just likes gassing up Jeremy's ego because she's in head-over-heels love with him (sadly).

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if the adult Dugg siblings ever snark on Jeremy and Jinger behind their backs?  I feel like they probably roll their eyes about Jeremy quite a bit, and maybe Jing too (especially in a who does she think she is ? , she's "fancy" now type of way).  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Did anybody see this? Apparently Jeremy's brother, Charles, has directed an LGBTQ film about a trans immigrant trying to find their sister in New York's underground sex industry. And apparently Jinger is supportive of this. The film is called Lupe and it's on IMdb. 

Articles:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-jinger-duggar-just-defied-her-parents-values-in-a-major-way.html/

According to reports, Duggar’s brother-in-law recently made a film about an immigrant struggling with a transgender identity. Duggar reportedly left a comment on a private Instagram account praising the film and her brother-in-law’s hard work. While it doesn’t necessarily say that Duggar supports the LGBTQ community, it does suggest that she supports a movie highlighting LGBTQ causes, which comes a lot closer to acceptance than her parents ever would. And if Duggar watched the film, which it appears she did, she must not have a strong aversion to the LGBTQ community.  It’s important to note that since the comment was from a private account, it isn’t accessible to see and hasn’t been proven.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/04/jinger-duggar-defies-parents-supporting-lgbtq-brother-in-law/

Jinger, 25, has a brother-in-law who once directed a trans film, which goes against the Duggars’ vehement opposition to the LGBTQ community. The Duggar Blog Duggar Family News: Life Is Not All Pickles & Hairspray was the first to report the news.

Radar confirmed that Jeremy Vuolo’s brother, Charles, is a Harvard University graduate who works as a director and producer in Massachusetts. While Jinger has never publicly spoken out about the brother-in-law, she appears to be in full support of his work.

“Wow. So amazing, bro,” Jinger commented on one of Charles’ Instagram photos in late 2018.

So it is not verified that Jinger left the positive comment about the film or if she watched it. This was first reported by Pickles. But Jinger has a bro in law that makes LGBTQ films y'all.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 5

I'm highly skeptical of this, but would be blown away if true. 

I found the trailer for the film, LUPE. It's under the spoilers tag, because the trailer is Not Safe For Work 

Spoiler

Is it definitely the same Charles Vuolo? I know that Jeremy's siblings might not be as fundie as him and his dad, but damn. 

Edit to Add: Apparently it is the same Chuck Vuolo, at least according to this link. 

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/182987392604/re-charles-vuolo-and-the-lupe-film-im-going-to

Way to go, Jeremy's brother. The movie actually looks really good, too. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 12

We discussed the movie a while back, but I had no idea Jinger had acknowledged it. Are there screenshots of this? TBH Radar’s vague phrasing (she “commented on one of Charles’ Instagram photos in late 2018”??) seems dodgy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

The “Wow. So amazing, bro.” quote is really vague - kind of makes me doubt she actually saw the film, or even watched the trailer. Seems like a quick response to a positive social media post, not commentary on the film itself. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Yeah, I think the magazines are just clickbait using the vaguest comment possible that might be totatlly unrelated. 

• Upvote 15

She probably does not agree with the subject and the story but she could still be proud that he made something succesful.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, BernRul said:

Yeah, I think the magazines are just clickbait using the vaguest comment possible that might be totatlly unrelated. 

Completely unrelated. I just looked at his Instagram and the comment was on a picture that he took which has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. She's proud of his photography skills!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 15

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Completely unrelated. I just looked at his Instagram and the comment was on a picture that he took which has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. She's proud of his photography skills!

Yeah, I seriously doubted she’d comment on anything related to the movie specifically. She is from a family that has publicly accused Transgender people of being child predators before (see Michelle’s robocalls that helped spark the release of Josh’s police reports.) Jinger is her own person, but she married a guy who has made it clear he believes the same shit (I watched one of his taped sermons, or whatever it was, and it was blatantly obvious.) She has chosen to surround herself with people who hold the same beliefs and she has not spoken out against them - to me, that indicates she believes the same harmful crap as they do. There is no way that Jinger is going to be watching or praising a film that even remotely portrays a Transgender person in a sympathetic light. The only way I could see that happening would be if it was an, “Unplanned,” type movie that showed a Transgender person or someone working in the field of gender reassignment who finds Jesus and becomes a hateful bigot as a result.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 12

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah, I seriously doubted she’d comment on anything related to the movie specifically. She is from a family that has publicly accused Transgender people of being child predators before (see Michelle’s robocalls that helped spark the release of Josh’s police reports.) 

Agree with everything you said. I'm curious on this point-- so much happened during the time that the police reports were released that sometimes I forget certain things. Is there a confirmed link between the anti-LGBT robocalls and the release of the police reports? Do we know who facilitated their release? Or is this more like an inference because of the timing of the robocalls and the scandal breaking?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Agree with everything you said. I'm curious on this point-- so much happened during the time that the police reports were released that sometimes I forget certain things. Is there a confirmed link between the anti-LGBT robocalls and the release of the police reports? Do we know who facilitated their release? Or is this more like an inference because of the timing of the robocalls and the scandal breaking?

Yes. If I remember right then it was a Lesbian couple who somehow had knowledge of the reports tipped off In Touch Magazine. They were angry about the Duggars’ long history of homophobia and the robocalls were kind of the last straw.

ETA: Here you go -

https://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/06/08/how-in-touch-got-the-duggar-story

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

Ah, so Radar was playing with the quotes. I will definitely be curious to see if Jeremy and Jinger react to the film. I could see them just not addressing it at all, but now that this story has traveled from FJ/reddit/tumblr to the tabloids, I bet a lot of people will be asking them about it.

• Upvote 9

I had some suspicions Charles Vuolo wasn't fundie for a while and the movie confirmed it.  He was never heavy with Jesus talk and didn't have that kind of "Jesusy energy" some fundies exude on their social media. (Guys, I am swear I am not kooky with all my "Jesusy energy" talk.) As others have said though, it's very likely Jinger holds the same beliefs as Jeremy and the rest of her family. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I had some suspicions Charles Vuolo wasn't fundie for a while and the movie confirmed it.  He was never heavy with Jesus talk and didn't have that kind of "Jesusy energy" some fundies exude on their social media. (Guys, I am swear I am not kooky with all my "Jesusy energy" talk.) As others have said though, it's very likely Jinger holds the same beliefs as Jeremy and the rest of her family. 

I think it’s equally important to remember that Jeremy’s parents very likely believe the same homophobic and transphobic crap as well. I haven’t  watched his father’s sermons so I don’t know for sure, but Jeremy's dad works for the same Church group as Jeremy. Based off what Jeremy has said it would very much appear that he got the majority of his religious beliefs from his parents, rebelled a bit in college, and then returned to those core beliefs when his soccer career ended. 

Chuck might not be Fundie. Valerie might not be either. But the vast majority of people Jinger chooses to surround herself (and her daughter) with very likely are. I think that probably says a decent amount about her beliefs - either she believes the same stuff or she’s perfectly fine collecting a TLC paycheck while remaining silent about what she truly believes, which allows everyone to think she believes the same stuff. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Oh absolutely, I think Jeremy's parents are fundie. Jeremy's dad was raised Catholic and and became a fundie pastor who has a "ministry to the Amish" in Pennsylvania. Jeremy was homeschooled for religious reasons and  has the zeal of the prodigal son returning home.  I don't think Jeremy and Jinger will become non-fundies just by being around  Jeremy's brother.  I don't think Jeremy's brother will return to his fundie upbringing by being around Jinger and Jeremy.  I feel very confident Jinger and Jeremy will not be seeing Charles movie . Fundies support for their families goes only so far. I worked with a nurse who was raised Catholic and became fundie. She was a "wordly" fundie . She still wouldn't meet her gay brother's partner even though she admitted it hurt her brother that she wouldn't.  Sadly, people are  very loyal to the shittiest of beliefs even when they know it hurts people they love. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
add a thought
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Oh absolutely, I think Jeremy's parents are fundie. Jeremy's dad was raised Catholic and and became a fundie pastor who has a "ministry to the Amish" in Pennsylvania. 

So I had just been assuming they were in the philly or Wilkes-Barre general area but I finally looked them up.  I won't say exactly where I'm at because reasons, but how did I not know I'm....fairly close. 

Also, converting the Amish....wow. That's a special kind of special - the most devout Christians in the area, with serious commitment aren't doing it right? Especially since they're in an old Mennonite Church. Just....odd. The whole thing. 

• Upvote 10

Converting the Amish is apparently a huge thing. A lot of Amish are leaving a joining evangelical churches. Not super surprising when you think about it.

• Upvote 9

She still wouldn't meet her gay brother's partner even though she admitted it hurt her brother that she wouldn't.  Sadly, people are  very loyal to the shittiest of beliefs even when they know it hurts people they love. 

That is awful! I dated a fundie guy for a while. The following story was one of my light bulb moments, which led to breaking up with him: My gay uncle, his partner, and my cousin were coming in town for Christmas. I'd met my boyfriend's family and I wanted him to meet mine! Knowing we had some differing beliefs already, I told him about my uncles. He said, he'd meet them, but he wouldn't shake hands with them. Furthermore, he didn't think, in good conscious, he could refrain from (eventually) telling them his views about their sexuality. I left very upset. My parents told me to have compassion because they struggled with my uncle's sexuality when he first came out. My uncle started dating my other uncle when I was three and he'd been out for over 20 years. So, this was all I knew. However, my family, who was now accepting of both of them, wrestling with their beliefs in the beginning. Therefore, I gave him a chance and presented a religious argument. Jesus would not have reacted the way he was describing. Jesus did not shun people. Even if homosexuality is a sin, it is not a sin any worse than any other sin and all humans sin. You who are without sin, cast the first stone. It worked. He was polite and engaging. In the end, we parted ways because I couldn't handle his beliefs. FJ actually helped me see that he was fundie. Anyway, that is a long winded way of saying people can change. My family did. My grandpa initially refused to talk to my uncle, but realized he wasn't changing my uncle by rejecting him and he was giving up a relationship with his son. These days, my grandpa would say gay marriage should be legalized that is a 180 from his original stance.

Edited by J.O.Y.nomore
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 14

53 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Converting the Amish is apparently a huge thing. A lot of Amish are leaving a joining evangelical churches. Not super surprising when you think about it.

Leaving, yes - where I live most that leave end up in "liberal" Mennonite or brethren groups where the culture is similar enough. But I haven't seen large numbers, not around me anyway. Usually one or two a generation. It's been like that for a long, long time though. And some have kids who go back in.

Might be different in that area, we still have a decent enough farm/small trade culture. The new marriage practices seem to be helping as well. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

They might be low hanging fruit. They are believers, already hold shitty beliefs, and (seemingly) don't mind legalism.

They can convert to fundie Christianity and get lots of perks (indoor plumbing and electric for starters) and still have asshole beliefs! (I know it would likely get them shunned though)

ETA: It has to be easier (speculation- I've never tried to convert anyone to Christianity. I am an atheist) to convert other types of Christians to this nonsense than to convert atheists (or any non-Christian group). At least other types of Christians already hold the core beliefs (Jesus as a savior, etc) whereas converting an atheist- you'd have to convince them of those beliefs. I do not think it's possible for my to believe in religion. Like I tell my Grandma, "I just don't have the God gene." I remember going to church as a tween (10-12) and thinking people didn't really believe but were just doing like a cya in case it was true. As an adult, I am still beside myself that people are able to believe.

Edited by Kelsey
add more thoughts
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, J.O.Y.nomore said:

That is awful! I dated a fundie guy for a while. The following story was one of my light bulb moments, which led to breaking up with him: My gay uncle, his partner, and my cousin were coming in town for Christmas. I'd met my boyfriend's family and I wanted him to meet mine! Knowing we had some differing beliefs already, I told him about my uncles. He said, he'd meet them, but he wouldn't shake hands with them. Furthermore, he didn't think, in good conscious, he could refrain from (eventually) telling them his views about their sexuality. I left very upset. My parents told me to have compassion because they struggled with my uncle's sexuality when he first came out. My uncle started dating my other uncle when I was three and he'd been out for over 20 years. So, this was all I knew. However, my family, who was now accepting of both of them, wrestling with their beliefs in the beginning. Therefore, I gave him a chance and presented a religious argument. Jesus would not have reacted the way he was describing. Jesus did not shun people. Even if homosexuality is a sin, it is not a sin any worse than any other sin and all humans sin. You who are without sin, cast the first stone. It worked. He was polite and engaging. In the end, we parted ways because I couldn't handle his beliefs. FJ actually helped me see that he was fundie. Anyway, that is a long winded way of saying people can change. My family did. My grandpa initially refused to talk to my uncle, but realized he wasn't changing my uncle by rejecting him and he was giving up a relationship with his son. These days, my grandpa would say gay marriage should be legalized that is a 180 from his original stance.

People can change when they open their hearts and minds to different views. I’m glad your ex was able to do that to an extent, but I don’t see Jinger or Jeremy doing that anytime soon. Their lives are too wrapped up in his job and they’ve almost insulated themselves in a bubble of people who hold the same views they do. I also think Jeremy in particular is a very proud person and like to think he’s the smartest person in the room - I doubt he’d listen to his brother when it comes to religion because religion is “his” and “their father’s” area of “expertise.” It’s very difficult to change your beliefs when there’s no one around to force you to examine what you believe. I don’t think either of them is interested in challenging their beliefs the way your ex was able to. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic