IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

NI does not seem to be dropping the tie. Little Outta 1 has a dramatic "untying of the tie" he does every Friday when he gets home. Uniforms were a huge change for him since Germany is strictly against them from what I understand. I think they are great actually from a parents point of view (in older school kids, I totally understand the complaints about younger kids). He owns way less clothes now and I have simpler laundry priorities, but I do understand his complaints too.

Back to Jeremy, The way my laptop screen was tilted, the blue looked black and my first thought was: "OH that is a surprise that he is a Hufflepuff" :goldfish: then I read further and was happy he is not officially in my house. Is it the cuff link we all supposed to be impressed by?

• Upvote 8

On 3/30/2019 at 6:40 PM, livinginthelight said:

<snip>  Either way, it is IMPOSSIBLE to live in a bubble in SoCal. I'm glad they are going to get exposed to other ideas and types of people.

This is pretty much my impression of Southern California. It's way too diverse to sustain a Duggar-style bubble.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Jinger's relocation to SoCal--there's plenty of opportunity for growth, if she decides she wants to expand her horizons.  Although she may add an extra arrow to the quiver in the next year or two, she has artistic interests (music, photography) that could flourish in her new environment. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Lori Alexander is just an hour or so down the 5 in Carlsbad. It’s possible to live in SoCal and be an isolated fundie...

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Back to Jeremy, The way my laptop screen was tilted, the blue looked black and my first thought was: "OH that is a surprise that he is a Hufflepuff" :goldfish: then I read further and was happy he is not officially in my house.

Yeah, Jeremy is definitely a Slytherin. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

But he thinks he’s Ravenclaw. And Derrick is a Slytherine who thinks he’s Gryffindor. Ben show some Hufflepuff tendencies...

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, mpheels said:

But he thinks he’s Ravenclaw. And Derrick is a Slytherine who thinks he’s Gryffindor. Ben show some Hufflepuff tendencies...

Yes, he definitely tries to pass himself off as a Ravenclaw, which is a very Slytherin thing to do! But we Ravenclaws know he's a fake. 

Derick definitely tries to pass himself off as a Gryffindor, but I don't think anyone's buying it, except maybe Jill. Ben might actually be a Gryffindor. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Please don’t insult Slytherins and the rest of the magical community. None of these Fundies are more than bitter and bigoted Squibs and muggles. Jeremy himself is obviously a Squib - desperately attempting to overcompensate for his natural inability to perform magic all while jealously coveting the magical abilities of other’s. Think Filch, just slightly nicer looking. ?

And for anyone wondering, Jinger would be his muggle wife who is as militantly opposed to the magical community as he is. You just never really hear about it from her because she worships the ground Jeremy walks on and feels it’s not her place to speak about such important things.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Jeremy really grinds my gears with his pseudo-intellectualism, but this picture of Jinger and Felicity is just adorable! (Yes, yes, horrible beliefs, I know!!)

• Upvote 14

Lori Alexander is just an hour or so down the 5 in Carlsbad. It’s possible to live in SoCal and be an isolated fundie...

Carlsbad and the San Fernando Valley are two VERY different animals.
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

I don't know... the cult I was raised in was primarily in Southern California, and it seems like it existed just fine in its little fundie bubble with multiple gathering spots. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't know... the cult I was raised in was primarily in Southern California, and it seems like it existed just fine in its little fundie bubble with multiple gathering spots. 

No argument there, because same, but once you get actually into the City and its many 'burbs, things are different than the greater area. Most of the worst of the worst was in the IE and the desert (why do people live there? I will never understand it!).

It is very possible to be an isolated fundie there. I was one, and once you get out of the big cities, California is actually very red with a generous helping of fundie. It's harder to be isolated in the bigger cities though, which is why most of the fundies I knew were on the outskirts.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I don't really know my way around California, I was only sent there for 6 weeks for camp, but we went to places like Fullerton, Placentia, Riverside, Huntington Beach, etc. I'm not sure where those fall into bigger/smaller cities. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't really know my way around California, I was only sent there for 6 weeks for camp, but we went to places like Fullerton, Placentia, Riverside, Huntington Beach, etc. I'm not sure where those fall into bigger/smaller cities. 

That's all the areas I am talking about. They are city, no doubt, but they are no Los Angeles. Things are slowly changing, but those areas were where the white, god-fearin' folk used to live to get away from the evil libruls and demon worshipers in LA.

All that said, the demographics of those areas, and the Inland Empire and Orange County in general are changing. The days of those being white Christian strongholds are soon to be the past.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, mpheels said:

Derick is a Death Eater.

I can see The Great One (Jeremy) trying to orchestrate this!

D05699ED-F8A4-4A96-A0D0-56920B88A0BE.jpeg.99bd9b22e38f58c6cbcfb3f6a0aada05.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Derick is a Death Eater.

I can see The Great One (Jeremy) trying to orchestrate this!

D05699ED-F8A4-4A96-A0D0-56920B88A0BE.jpeg.99bd9b22e38f58c6cbcfb3f6a0aada05.jpeg

Shouldn’t that read “Jeremy ‘Jinger Duggar’ Vuolo”. TLC wouldn’t even think of giving Jeremy a show if he wasn’t married to Jinger. I doubt Jinger suddenly decided she wants her own show. Jeremy likely decided he wants his own show and Jinger just followed as always. I completely believe Jinger could live in LA for 5 years and get nothing out of it, not change her beliefs and still just be a follower of Babe, who decides what she should think.

I can’t see Jeremy allowing Jinger to be put in situations where her lifestyle or mindset is challenged. If he wanted a wife in situations like that, he would t have married someone raised to be a complete follower of her husband. Jinger will continue to surround herself with like-minded fundies in a city of diversity, inclusion and acceptance. I am sure Jeremy and Jinger believe they are the righteous in a a city of ungodly heathens. But hey, Jinger can now go to a bigger Walmart. 

• Upvote 14

If Jeremy had a liberal older brother who was a reporter it would be this guy- I had the news on and did a double take when this guy came on. Does anyone else think they look alike? Pretty sure they don't share the same views. : /

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

@fluffernutter,  I don't see that much resemblance between that guy and Jeremy, but I do between Jeremy and that guy named Pascal from the Safe Lite autoglass replacement ads.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2019 at 9:36 PM, nst said:

our trip to tuscany actually got cancelled and we are coming to California and the first stop is malibu - now i understand malibu is tinier than the place i live.- then we are off to laguna and san diego...both i have seen ..but malibu is on my bucket list....so i am excited 

Malibu is gorgeous. You've probably already had the Getty Villa suggested to you, but I also recommend it.

There's also this place there called "The Lake Shrine" that's very beautiful. It's a site for the Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF). Not sure how culty that is, but I think it's neat to learn about Gurus who left India and set up shop in the US. They also have some of Gandhi's ashes there.

Have a fun vacation!

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Malibu is gorgeous. You've probably already had the Getty Villa suggested to you, but I also recommend it.

There's also this place there called "The Lake Shrine" that's very beautiful. It's a site for the Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF). Not sure how culty that is, but I think it's neat to learn about Gurus who left India and set up shop in the US. They also have some of Gandhi's ashes there.

Have a fun vacation!

Never seen the getty villa!  thank you for the tip. So excited about malibu because i have never seen it before...

laguna and san dago yes 

OOh Gandhi 

• Upvote 3

On 4/5/2019 at 2:32 AM, NakedKnees said:

Have a fun vacation!

re: bolded - They're culty enough to be called a cult, but on the more harmless end of cults, as these things go. Cult-lite, maybe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

@NakedKnees and @bal maiden,  I remember back in '69 that the actress Meredith MacRae married fellow actor Greg Mullavey at the Self-Realization Fellowship.  For those who don't know Meredith, she was the third actress to play Billie Jo Bradley on Petticoat Junction and Greg was on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. (Meredith's parents were actors Gordon and  Shiela MacRae.)  Miss MacRae died of brain cancer in 2000 at the age of 56.  

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 4/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, PennySycamore said:

@NakedKnees and @bal maiden,  I remember back in '69 that the actress Meredith MacRae married fellow actor Greg Mullavey at the Self-Realization Fellowship.  For those who don't know Meredith, she was the third actress to play Billie Jo Bradley on Petticoat Junction and Greg was on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. (Meredith's parents were actors Gordon and  Shiela MacRae.)  Miss MacRae died of brain cancer in 2000 at the age of 56.  

She was just on Card Sharks "celebrity" edition last night! 

• Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic