IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Isn't LA really far from Oregon? I get that it's the same side of the continent, but I feel like that's like moving from LA to Orlando and someone saying, "Oh, we must meet up if you're ever in Philadelphia!"

According to Google Maps, LA is at the very end of California and Oregon is right above California. It's a 15 hour drive though which is still pretty long if you asked me. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

According to Google Maps, LA is at the very end of California and Oregon is right above California. It's a 15 hour drive though which is still pretty long if you asked me. 

Yeah, 15 hours is super long! I mean, I’m Canadian and we made 15-hour road trips every year or so when I was a kid, but there was still no question that they were long ass trips. That said, JinJer seem to jet set all over the place on an almost weekly basis, so it shouldn’t be an issue for them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

We're a few hours north of LA and are making that drive this summer, ugh. It's the most boring drive ever, heading up the I-5. Everything is flat and dry and ugly, and you usually can't see the mountains because of the bad air quality in the summer. I wish we could fly instead! (I am looking forward to going back to Portland, though, because that's one of my favorite places!!)

It will be weird to have Duggars (well, Vuolos) here in California. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

@PumaLover  maybe take the Coast Hwy.  It’s so beautiful, it may take a little longer, mainly because of all the stops you will be tempted to make.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

@PumaLover  maybe take the Coast Hwy.  It’s so beautiful, it may take a little longer, mainly because of all the stops you will be tempted to make.

I LOVE that drive so much!! Unfortunately it would be super out of the way as we're in Eastern CA but man it's such a pretty drive. I particularly love the Central Coast, around Big Sur, Carmel, Monterey. One of the most beautiful places in the world, if you ask me.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

Another thing, LA traffic and Duggar time probably won't be a good mixture.

Also spoiler alert, that's a future story line.

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22

I make my home on the Central CA coast. It is the nicest and most beautiful place to live. The Monterey Bay is literally steps from my home.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Another thing, LA traffic and Duggar time probably won't be a good mixture.

Also spoiler alert, that's a future story line.

I seriously doubt that Jeremy V. Operates on Duggar time. And you can tell that the Seewalds are bothered by DT too.

• Upvote 14

Didn't Jeremy grow up in New York? Unfortunately, living in Los Angeles will not change these people. Jeremy and Jinger will go to LA high off the thrill of the opportunities to witness to Hollywood heathens. Sure, their style of dress will change. We might never again catch Jinger in a skirt.

However, Jinger and Jeremy are more threatening to our society than Prairie Frumper Fundies living in the Ozarks. Jinger and Jeremy try very hard to look like the typical people that they want to convert. Jinger and Jeremy try to make hateful ideology look "cool" and in vogue. 

Jeremy will continue to talk shit about Catholics. He'll just be good at covering it up so adoring fans don't notice. I won't be surprised if Jeremy goes after Latter-Day Saints either because there is a large population living in California.

Jeremy believes in the same things Derick believes in. There are theologians that debate Calvinism vs. Arminism but at the end of the day, they believe in the same ideology. It's not that different from Vision Forum vs. IBLP.

@MathQueen I remember your original first post. The moment I read it, I completely agreed with you and have thought about it any time I come across Jeremy's instagram. I have to say, I really hope you are wrong about Jeremy becoming a pastor at GCC but I believe you are right about that as well. John Macarthur cannot resist a pastor with a huge built-in fan following. After all, hiring Jeremy means more money for him. Some people interview others wanting to know the answer to the question "How can you make me more money and make my job easier?" Jeremy is Macarthur's answer to that question. More of Macarthur's books would be sold and there would be an instant, fresh following.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Jeremy met Macarthur first and Macarthur was the one who suggested Jeremy consider attending the Master's Seminary program in order to work for him one day.

I honestly believe that Jeremy's interest in having a Duggar wife was strategic and calculated. Jeremy, I read, was friends with Ben who introduced him to the Duggars. Given that his father is a pastor, Jeremy knew that the Duggars had a huge built-in fan base and whose fame would transfer over to him and any pastor aspirations he had. I wonder if Ben & Jessa are jealous...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

While I don’t discount that Jeremy marrying a Duggar was calculated, I do think they’re relatively happy.  They have common interests and are getting something major they wanted out a relationship. He has a built in fan base through his cute, submissive wife.  She has an attractive husband who can support her coffee and shopping habits while moving her to a city like she’s been wanting. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1

On 3/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, socalrules said:

I spend nearly $2k in rent for a one bedroom apartment in the city, in a semi-decent neighborhood, so I can’t see them leaving the valley. (You could not pay me enough to live in the valley.

I live in West LA and SAME. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:45 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Jeremy will be forced to betray his wife due to the constant temptation from bikini-clad Beach Boy-song Jezebels. 

As someone who lives in LA, Jeremy is not hot enough or rich enough to attract attention. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

While I don’t discount that Jeremy marrying a Duggar was calculated, I do think they’re relatively happy.  They have common interests and are getting something major they wanted out a relationship. He has a built in fan base through his cute, submissive wife.  She has an attractive husband who can support her coffee and shopping habits while moving her to a city like she’s been wanting. 

I wouldn't be so thrilled for Jinger. Does Jinger like being Jeremy's prop? Will she get sick of being treated as one? Jinger has lost her spunk and individuality ever since being with Jeremy.

From my view, I believe Jeremy is politically motivated and views Jinger and Felicity as props to boost his pastor career. Oh, and sell out his eventual books.

I don't think highly of Austin or Ben either but they treat their wives as equal to them more than Jeremy does.

Anyway, this is all my opinion but I've always felt Jeremy was a control freak. 

1 hour ago, TatertotAsserole said:

I live in West LA and SAME. 

As someone who lives in LA, Jeremy is not hot enough or rich enough to attract attention. 

Yep. Jeremy will be outnumbered by the hot guys trying to get into acting and he's also no Leonardo DiCaprio who walks into a bar and has everyone trying to date him. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 17

On 3/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, VelociRapture said:

889FEAFF-A50A-485C-A22D-95ECAF56E77E.thumb.png.0157def0a02ff54f33498d495825295e.png

This is the second or third time Jinger has posted something related to the Roloffs. This is the unholy TLC Fundie alliance of nightmares - think of all the preening and self righteous Instagram posting that could result if JinJer meets Auj and Jer. ?

I'm just going to say that I have a real hate-on when I hear  the Roloff name, because I remember a girl I knew at church who got shipped off to the Rebekah Home for Girls in about 1978 for being "rebellious." She was allowed to come back on a weekend pass and told me that she'd figured out the best way to deal with the situation was to be even holier than thou as a way to stick it to the man, as it were. You know how the holier than thou game works, right? You can be more holy than anyone else and be annoying to leadership. But they can't say, "Pray less" because that would look bad. I fell out of contact with her after that, but I hope she got her full revenge on her parents.

Here's an article about the Roloff homes. They were real shitholes. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/teen-home-hell-abusive-religious-reform-school/

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I make my home on the Central CA coast. It is the nicest and most beautiful place to live. The Monterey Bay is literally steps from my home.

I seriously doubt that Jeremy V. Operates on Duggar time. And you can tell that the Seewalds are bothered by DT too.

the mere fact ben quotes his wife about dt and still goes along for the ride speaks to what side he is on

2 hours ago, mpheels said:

I can’t wait for the JinJer versus Scientology episode 

the real question is 

what would be more entertaining to watch 

jeremy around women in bikini's on the beach or derick in law school ?

how much do you want to bet that jinger and tori will have a spin off? 

all the intriguing storylines coming up with jinger and jeremy 

who would have thought...

it's almost like it's not scripted. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Does Jinger like being Jeremy's prop? Will she get sick of being treated as one? Jinger has lost her spunk and individuality ever since being with Jeremy.

I think she does like being Jeremy's prop.  She seems a lot happier, to me, than when she was at the TTH and he's getting her farther away from there.

If Jessa and Ben were to also move to LA I could see the possibility of a viable show.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, mirele said:

I'm just going to say that I have a real hate-on when I hear  the Roloff name, because I remember a girl I knew at church who got shipped off to the Rebekah Home for Girls in about 1978 for being "rebellious." She was allowed to come back on a weekend pass and told me that she'd figured out the best way to deal with the situation was to be even holier than thou as a way to stick it to the man, as it were. You know how the holier than thou game works, right? You can be more holy than anyone else and be annoying to leadership. But they can't say, "Pray less" because that would look bad. I fell out of contact with her after that, but I hope she got her full revenge on her parents.

Here's an article about the Roloff homes. They were real shitholes. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/teen-home-hell-abusive-religious-reform-school/

Audrey Roloff consistently likes and comments on almost everything JinJer posts. I think Audrey Roloff wants to "collab" with JinJer. 

@Dandruff Jinger has been trained from birth to be a helpmeet to a husband. Right now, she might be going along with it but will she enjoy it 7 years from now? Do you see Jeremy encouraging Jinger if she tells him she wants to change the way he runs things?

I can't help but think people tolerate Jeremy more because he comes across as more "mainstream" than fundies like Jim Bob and David Waller. 

People need to remember what a Macarthur fan girl Lori is...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7

@luv2laughNo idea if she'll enjoy it 7 years from now.  I think it'll depend, at least in part, on other circumstances.  I definitely do not see Jeremy encouraging Jinger if she wanted to change the way he runs things.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I don't think highly of Austin or Ben either but they treat their wives as equal to them more than Jeremy does.

I think Ben partly falls in the same category as JB here. He’s just really happy the hot girl chose him. Jeremy feels more like the kind of guy that thinks he is the price.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

I don’t think Jeremy just picked the most meek Duggar and now thinks of her and his daughter as probs. That kind of assertive behaviour is very unusual. Especially as this is a lifelong commitment for him. Does he like the picture his family paints? Definitely. Will he do a lot to protect it. Surely. But don’t most people try to build the life they imagine and strive for? Obviously you pick your partner for reasons- many unconsciously. I doubt he sat in room and thought- „Let’s make friends with Ben so I can grab a wife with a popular tv background. That will boost my popularity and I soon can be the preacher in a mega church.“

I think he genuinely loves his wife and daughter but that doesn’t mean he won’t make sure they toe the party line. Her fame might have been a positive factor but it would be crazy to marry someone without affection. Even Fundies know that.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

However, Jinger and Jeremy are more threatening to our society than Prairie Frumper Fundies living in the Ozarks. Jinger and Jeremy try very hard to look like the typical people that they want to convert. Jinger and Jeremy try to make hateful ideology look "cool" and in vogue. 

Mike and Karen Pence in waiting.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think Jeremy just picked the most meek Duggar and now thinks of her and his daughter as probs. That kind of assertive behaviour is very unusual. Especially as this is a lifelong commitment for him. Does he like the picture his family paints? Definitely. Will he do a lot to protect it. Surely. But don’t most people try to build the life they imagine and strive for? Obviously you pick your partner for reasons- many unconsciously. I doubt he sat in room and thought- „Let’s make friends with Ben so I can grab a wife with a popular tv background. That will boost my popularity and I soon can be the preacher in a mega church.“

I think he genuinely loves his wife and daughter but that doesn’t mean he won’t make sure they toe the party line. Her fame might have been a positive factor but it would be crazy to marry someone without affection. Even Fundies know that.

Some women marry men only for their money. Why wouldn’t someone marry a Duggar for their fame, knowing it would boost their pastor and author career?

I don’t think Jeremy strategized only becoming friends with Ben to marry a Duggar. I believe Jeremy already was genuinely friends with him.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think she does like being Jeremy's prop.  She seems a lot happier, to me, than when she was at the TTH and he's getting her farther away from there.

If Jessa and Ben were to also move to LA I could see the possibility of a viable show.

i also think he adores Felicity. 

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Some women marry men only for their money. Why wouldn’t someone marry a Duggar for their fame, knowing it would boost their pastor and author career?

I don’t think Jeremy strategized only becoming friends with Ben to marry a Duggar. I believe Jeremy already was genuinely friends with him.

I agree. I try to imagine what a 30 YO educated, traveled man, who could date and meet any woman pretty face he wanted, would find interesting in a young 20 -something woman who had never driven off her family’s rural property alone,  never read a book beyond the Bible or Waiting for PC, never decided on and watched a movie or TV show, never made 1 decision all on her own,  and who had never studied any subject beyond the Bible of JB. Beyond Jeremy’s recently found love of the lord, what did these 2 have in common that an entire lifetime could be based on? Jeremy might be a Bible academic, but is any Duggar really that knowledgeable on the subject beyond JB's interpretation, which we all know is not that deep? Infatuation, I can see, although in a 30 YO traveled, educated man, less so-

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. I try to imagine what a 30 YO educated, traveled man, who could date and meet any woman pretty face he wanted, would find interesting in a young 20 -something woman who had never driven off her family’s rural property alone,  never read a book beyond the Bible or Waiting for PC, never decided on and watched a movie or TV show, never made 1 decision all on her own,  and who had never studied any subject beyond the Bible of JB. Beyond Jeremy’s recently found love of the lord, what did these 2 have in common that an entire lifetime could be based on? Jeremy might be a Bible academic, but is any Duggar really that knowledgeable on the subject beyond JB's interpretation, which we all know is not that deep? Infatuation, I can see, although in a 30 YO traveled, educated man, less so-

Exactly. People marry people only for their money all the time.

Do I believe Jeremy pursued the Duggar he had the most common interests with? Yes. 

Also, even if Jeremy ONLY became friends with Ben to marry a Duggar, it would not surprise me.

Again, people marry people for their money all of the time.

What did Melania have in common with Trump?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic