IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Istanbul *should* show up as the latest post?

Screenshot.thumb.png.1db199e941941850b094a4c976d7c077.png

I think it's just an edit of very old VF footage. It looks like the Phillips went to Istanbul in conjunction with the infamous Greek jaunt. There are several pics of it in JT's Instagram; September 2013, just prior to Tool O'Ween

Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.df224bf897fe7a5f50a8383a0191e9fa.jpg

I agree that Dougie's nest egg seems to broken awhile back. I think that vid, and a handful of other things he's posted are just old footage carefully crafted to give the impression he's a globetrotting filmmaker, when in reality, I don't think he's done any major traveling (outside the US) in at least a year and a half or so.

That first post on Istanbul does not show up for me.  I am located outside of the US, I wonder if that's why?  The others show up. Thank you for posting this.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

That first post on Istanbul does not show up for me.  I am located outside of the US, I wonder if that's why?  The others show up. Thank you for posting this.

Very odd. Perhaps that's it if the video contains copyright-limited materials. AFAICT, that could be the soundtrack.

FWIW, here's what I'm seeing on that IG home page:

Dougie's IG page.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed formatting.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Very odd. Perhaps that's it if the video contains copyright-limited materials. AFAICT, that could be the soundtrack.

FWIW, here's what I'm seeing on that IG home page:

Dougie's IG page.jpg

Thank you!  You must be right, about the soundtrack! ? I have run into that with other things, too.  Oh well, this one is probably not worth seeing anyway! :P 

• I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Thank you!  You must be right, about the soundtrack! ? I have run into that with other things, too.  Oh well, this one is probably not worth seeing anyway! :P 

He's actually using quite a catchy version of the old song "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"

If the YouTube version will work for you, here's the version he's using: 

• Thank You 3

How dare DPIABRT put his grubby mitts anywhere near my favorite TMBG cover?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Just ran across this... it's from back in 2017, but seeing Dougie described as "Soul Alchemist Man" is just too priceless not to post:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 5

44 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Just ran across this... it's from back in 2017, but seeing Dougie described as "Soul Alchemist Man" is just too priceless not to post:

I like how they comment on how he has "such vision".  Yeah, he used to have a whole forum full of "vision", but look how that turned out.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

Beall posted on Instagram that her car windows won't go up and she's too poor to get them fixed because SEASONS. 

She also posted a pic of the 3 eldest girls in matching frumpers and claims that she just dressed them that way because they traveled so much, and it made it easier to find them in crowds. Not because, you know, CULT. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

She also posted a pic of the 3 eldest girls in matching frumpers and claims that she just dressed them that way because they traveled so much, and it made it easier to find them in crowds. Not because, you know, CULT. 

Yeah, my mom made us all t-shirts out of the same fabric when we went to Expo '74 in Spokane. That was to make it easier to find each other. Families at Disneyland wear matching shirts to help them stick together. Not matching frumpers, Beall. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Historical revisionism (of the Southern Slavery As It Was variety) was a way of life for this lot a few years ago. Now they've moved on to revising their own histories! :D

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

She also posted a pic of the 3 eldest girls in matching frumpers and claims that she just dressed them that way because they traveled so much, and it made it easier to find them in crowds.

Beall -- when did you & Doug ever let your daughters go any place where they'd actually be in a crowd? 

Here's a screenshot from 2003 of what your "husband" used to say about daughters:

More VF Bullshit.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Beall -- when did you & Doug ever let your daughters go any place where they'd actually be in a crowd? 

Here's a screenshot from 2003 of what your "husband" used to say about daughters:

More VF Bullshit.png

Has he SEEN the outfits Faith is gallivanting around the country in? How is he protecting and maintaining her virginity from another continent? 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

When I see Beall saying things that are completely untrue I have to wonder to myself if she believes her own lies. Is this her way of protecting herself? Is she telling herself lies in order to get through the day? Is she telling herself lies in order to stay with Doug? I feel like she must believe her own lies to an extent. Of course we can only fool ourselves for so long. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think sometimes that she actually believes that people will eventually just forget that VF ever existed and that her "husband" is a rapist tool.

Fat fucking chance, Be-All.  FJ is not going anywhere. 

Edited by danvillebelle
clarity
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I think sometimes that she actually believes that people will eventually just forget that VF ever existed and that her "husband" is a rapist tool.

Yep, she uses her busted windows to show how very tolerant she is now. "They get to make their choices and I get to make mine. See what a totally normal person I am now? I vote and work and stuff, too, so can we just drop all the unpleasantness?" 

Hell to the NO. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, bea said:

I just came here after reading Beall’s IG post.
What - and I cannot stress this enough - the hell?

e3fbc657b682ce5ebd788e1330dd9e83.jpgb45263b3104c1bc91a1a78c3875eab96.jpg

So what is she going to do when it rains? Garbage bags and duct tape? No rain expected today but thunderstorms are likely the rest of the week.

If you scroll a little further through her IG, there is a picture of two of her daughters--one of the younger ones along with the one who looks 40 due to her makeup and hairstyle (why does she do that?)--along with a recantation of the "siblings should be best friends" trope. Very nice, Beall; still waiting for your public apology to everyone else you damaged with your ridiculous teachings.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

This is grim -- living paycheck to paycheck and putting the overdraft on a credit card. 

I'm assuming the necessities that trump fixing your car windows are groceries and rent. Or maybe the necessity was paying off the credit card debt before the collection agency went ballistic. 

And Beall is wearing scrubs -- so she's working for low wages caring for the elderly.  Maybe that's all the work she's eligible for,  since she has zero work history, but she does have a degree.  That should count for some kind of administrative work. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This is grim -- living paycheck to paycheck and putting the overdraft on a credit card. 

I'm assuming the necessities that trump fixing your car windows are groceries and rent. Or maybe the necessity was paying off the credit card debt before the collection agency went ballistic. 

And Beall is wearing scrubs -- so she's working for low wages caring for the elderly.  Maybe that's all the work she's eligible for,  since she has zero work history, but she does have a degree.  That should count for some kind of administrative work. 

So where does all the money for her daughter and her waste of skin husband to go gallivanting around the world come from? Wouldn't a better use of that money be keeping the lights on and the car in good repair?

Just in case Beall is reading here, here are some more ideas. I like the teaching English to students in China one. It can be done via Skype, and very early in the morning (evening hours in China). I've read that some teachers in Oklahoma are doing this before school to supplement their pitiful salaries. https://www.indeed.com/q-Bachelors-Degree-l-Work-At-Home-jobs.html

Editing to add another link for English teaching online: https://www.teachaway.com/blog/8-amazing-companies-let-you-teach-english-online-from-home

Edited by VVV
added link
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Since I'm fairly sure Beall reads this thread...

If the window problem is what I think it is (a wonky power window button), get some of this stuff:

crc-tool-accessories-02130-6-64_1000.jpg

or a similar product; the electronic cleaner version in the red can will probably work, but plain compressed air (the stuff you use for computer keyboards) likely won't. You can find it at pretty much any big box store, auto supply place, or decent sized hardware store. Spray it on the power window button(s), and as far along the sides, and into any little crevices as it will go (don't worry about getting it on anything else, it won't stain). Let it set/soak in awhile, spray again and move the button up and down rapidly to help dislodge anything gunk that might have built up. Repeat a few times.

I had something similar happen once, the night before a planned trip. I had no time to take it in before leaving (even if I'd wanted the expense), and I didn't want to drive long distance with the window down (or park my car that way in a strange city). Thankfully a friend suggested the contact cleaner, and it did the trick. Turns out it was just a little dirty (that spot in a car is a magnet for dirt/grease). If it's really bad you might need to pop the button cover off, but don't bother unless you have to; if you do, you can probably YouTube a how-to for the make/model of your car. If the contacts are completely worn out (rather than just dirty) you're outta luck, but even if that's the case the spray won't make it any worse. For 7-8 bucks, might be worth a shot. Just be sure to use it in a well ventilated space, and take care that it's very flammable. Works on other household stuff as well, like remotes.

• Upvote 13

Just griftin’ through life.....
Hey, maybe get your WINDOWS FIXED before you drive cross-country, nitwit?

3c387fc261651b618a7f2bc949663460.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 13
  • I Agree 1

This is just sad.  Really, truly sad.  Beall, this is a red flag warning.  THIS is the time to begin working on getting a real job with benefits.  NOW. Retrain, do whatever you need to do.  San Antonio has a strong community college system and you can get some kind of certification that will allow you to work at a decent job with benefits and a 401K or pension plan.  You still have 15 good years in the workforce. 

If you think it's money's tight now, just wait 15 or 20 years when you are truly unemployable and possibly won't get squat for Social Security.  I don't know what your "husband" is up to, but I expect he's a boat anchor -- the "visionary" husband, as the Pearls would say. 

Living paycheck-to-paycheck or not making ends meet each month is a sign that a disaster is imminent -- really, you are one medical or financial emergency away from total financial disaster.  And it's sad (and a sign of things to come) that the older kids are not working steady jobs to help keep the home scene going. 

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

You cannot convince me that Doug doesn't have money squirreled away from Vision Forum. That we see what he's spending it on while Beall can't get her car fixed tells me. . .well, the same thing as the rest of it does.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic