IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

Aren't there just two minor children left?  They are certainly old enough (teens) to be left at home for varying periods of time or maybe the older of the two still at home is teaching her younger brother. 

Perhaps one of the older girls is still living with Beall and is a sister mom?

I think Virginia might be 13. She’s the youngest. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Aren't there just two minor children left?  They are certainly old enough (teens) to be left at home for varying periods of time or maybe the older of the two still at home is teaching her younger brother. 

There could be only two minor children (the youngest two) and, yes, they'd be old enough to be left at home alone.

Back in the times of VF, Doug waxed prolific on his blog about the wonderful job of homeschooling he & Beall did, not the least of which were the (paid for by VF suckers) field trips like the Faith & Freedom excursions or the visit to Iwo Jima. Obviously, those times are long gone and what, if anything, is happening now for the Phillips children is not clear; they would still presumably require schooling of some kind, even by TX or other homeschooling standards.

Has Beall ever provided detail on how the Phillips parents accomplish home schooling, if that's what they're doing? Looked through entries her currently defunct blog via RSS cache & found very little. Don't think there's been much of anything on her public IG account either. I don't see her private IG account or other social media so perhaps she's providing detail there.

• Upvote 2

The only minors are indeed the two youngest; Providence, who will be 16 next month, and Virginia, who was 13 last month.

As far as I can tell (from glimpses in IG stories and the like) Liberty (23 last September), Faith (20 next January) and Honor (18 last August) are all still living at the San Antonio apartment with Beall.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

41 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

There could be only two minor children (the youngest two) and, yes, they'd be old enough to be left at home alone.

Back in the times of VF, Doug waxed prolific on his blog about the wonderful job of homeschooling he & Beall did, not the least of which were the (paid for by VF suckers) field trips like the Faith & Freedom excursions or the visit to Iwo Jima. Obviously, those times are long gone and what, if anything, is happening now for the Phillips children is not clear; they would still presumably require schooling of some kind, even by TX or other homeschooling standards.

Has Beall ever provided detail on how the Phillips parents accomplish home schooling, if that's what they're doing? Looked through entries her currently defunct blog via RSS cache & found very little. Don't think there's been much of anything on her public IG account either. I don't see her private IG account or other social media so perhaps she's providing detail there.

The stupid part of this is that Beall's apartment is in the attendance area for both a desirable middle school and a desirable high school in one of San Antonio's flagship school districts*. And yet those girls are languishing at home, uneducated. It's criminally neglectful.

*my children all graduated from another high school in that same district and received an *excellent* education.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic