IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Note: This tweet doesn't actually refer to Doug Phillips (that I'm aware of, anyway) I just naturally thought of him when I read it :pb_lol:

Screenshot.png.4135e8147c03975dad7b106f04f74539.png

Is it... possible... that Doug and Joe B... are long lost relatives??

Edited by Maxwell
Added quote do to page break
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Finally! Mr. Tool has returned the citation, more than a day late and presumably quite a few dollars short. 

tool.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Considering how he was living it up in the fleshpots of Europe, do you suppose he was doing so on credit? Lol!

Beale should take a page out of that old joke. Y’know the one where the guy talks about responding to an ad about a Porsche for $5 that he thinks is a misprint, but he calls and arranged to meet the seller out of curiosity. The seller is a woman, and she says the price is right. I think he buys the car (don’t remember) but asks what’s wrong with it, why so cheap.

She says her husband ran off a few weeks ago with his secretary and has run low on money. He sent her a message saying, “Sell the car and send me the money.” She waves the $5 bill and smiles.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Beall is on Instagram posting about how much she loves her home healthcare job, and she liked the one she had before this, too.
Hey, Be-all, you’re a little thin on #happilymarried posts.
Or actually any pictures of Doug AT ALL.

• Upvote 10

I've been suspecting for awhile that there is some specific reason that Esquire is keeping a low to no social media presence and this may be why Beall doesn't reference him in her social media. 

Financial? Peccadillo Part Deux?

Who knows, but for someone who was touting the start of a new bidness (Big Talent Agent Esquire) he's gone totally Where's Waldo?

Or has he finally created a fb page that we can't find?

If Beall has even minimal financial backing, she could start her own in-home care company.  If they joined even a medium-sized congregation, she would be able to find a) employees  and b) clients.

As (I presume) an employee, she gets an extremely modest salary; the company she works for charges (Medicare?) a lot more. However, she may be getting benefits, and health care may be more important than anything else.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

The DW Cinematographer Facebook page now has several posts about the Notre Dame fire.  Is Doug in Paris currently, or has he simply re-posted others' posts?

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

The DW Cinematographer Facebook page now has several posts about the Notre Dame fire.  Is Doug in Paris currently, or has he simply re-posted others' posts?

The old Vision Forum page has a post about it too.

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

How...strange. Who maintains it??

I don’t think we know - there’s been some speculation that it’s Beall or one of the Phillips daughters, but no confirmation that I’m aware of. It doesn’t post very often and it’s usually about current events.

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

At least Doug's posts aren't cruel/disrespectful. Tim Bayly is openly celebrating the fire on both Facebook and Twitter. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

At least Doug's posts aren't cruel/disrespectful. Tim Bayly is openly celebrating the fire on both Facebook and Twitter. 

That is utterly disgusting.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Is he cruising for a twink on the downlow?  He sure does like to talk about effeminate men a LOT...... And he is a truly despicable specimen of humanity for his gloating.  I seriously put him with Ted Haggard on so so many levels.  

Edited by Soulhuntress
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Hi there! It's been a long time since I checked in on FJ. I can't remember now what rabbit hole I went down that got me curious in a 'Where are those fundies now?' way. I can't read back on the numerous threads. There's just no time. Would someone mind giving a brief summary about DPIAT and his apparently burlesque (??) shenanigans in Europe? Did he abandon his wife and kids? 

I'd really appreciate whatever you can share. I have my popcorn ready. 

• Love 1

Doug and Fam were in high cotton at the top of the Vision Forum pyramid.   Vision Forum had a very wealthy,  politically influential financial backer named James Leininger. 

IIRC, VF was actually two entities: a ministry and a catalog business, and the latter made incredibly good bank and employed quite a few people.  There were male interns, like Bradrick!  There was also a Christian film contest, a travel aspect (Wide-stance Manly Adventures!) and other spinoffs. 

Girls lived at home and served their fathers until marriage, purity culture/modest dress, daughters and wives were meek and submissive; dads were patriarchs and sons were patriarchs in training.  Home business was encouraged and there was this thing called Family Integrated Church.  I'll let someone else explain that. 

The Phillips' had a big house, courtesy of James Leininger, and a nanny, Lourdes.  At some point, it came out that Doug had groomed the nanny for quite some time and initiated a sexual relationship with her after she turned 18.  He admitted to an overly affectionate relationship (does anyone remember the exact weasel phrase?), the entire VF rodeo was shut down in very short order, the Phillips fam was out on the street and Beall stood by her man!  Then Lourdes sued Doug, won a settlement and went to college. 

After awhile they had a giant yard sale, Beall announced they were "downsizing" and moving to Durango, CO!  No one knows why!  Was Doug living with the family there? No one knows!  Beall ended up with a J. O. B. which was a previously unthought-of scenario. 

Soon after the Fall, they joined a large, mainstream Baptist church in Austin, TX (no one knows why; they weren't living in Austin) and then another contemporary church in Durango -- again, the antithesis of their previous practices and beliefs. 

All the patriarchy crap seems to have been thrown out the window (sort of), nobody knows if/when Doug lives with his wife and the remaining kids at home (they moved back to an apartment in San Antonio last summer), and Doug has gone quiet on his umpteen facebook accounts.  

At some point (after the Durango move?) it became apparent that Doug was infatuated with the European retro 1940s dance/burlesque scene and spent time there filming these types of dance contests and events.  It's a thing.  He's bounced around Europe and New York, spent some time in India, gushed about burlesque in Durango and elsewhere and made a movie about a baseball player and I'm not sure if it was ever picked up. A bit over a year ago, he was supposed to be starting a talent agency promoting these types of retro dancers and performers + burlesque.  Radio silence on that. 

No one is sure where the money is coming from.  Investments? Credit cards? Inheritance? 

The daughters picked up some jobs (yogurt or ice cream shop) and one of them was "taking classes."  As noted, Beall began working as a home care aide. 

They (the daughters) also have a WWII veteran fetish (ties into the 1940s fetish) called Operation Meatball.  These elderly veterans are dying at an alarming rate and no one knows if they will move on the other veteran groups, like Korean vets or Viet Nam vets. 

There's a separate rabbit hole related to Jen Fishbourne and the Boerne Christian Assembly church (Jen's Gems: jensgems.wordpress.com/ re: Doug Phillips' Ecclesiastical Tyranny and Abuse)  Don't go there without telling someone where you've gone and when you'll be back. 

That's all I got.  Others are much better on the institutional memory thing.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 2

Excellent summary. I think the phrase might have been “he did not know her biblically”—no, he just sneaked into her room at night (later through her bedroom window when she was back home) and ... (some triggering details under a spoiler)

Spoiler

...masturbated until he ejaculated on her face, if I’m remembering right. I think I am because it made me sick to read the details in the court document.

I still have to laugh when I think of the night the nanny’s father and brother(s) nearly caught him and chased him down the street with a shotgun. I think I’m still remembering those details right.

and that “successful catalog business”—a collection of overpriced and generally shoddy merchandise to put a little polish and shine on the ol’ patriarchy scam. Kind of a visual representation of “Cellos! More cellos!”

(Did anyone mention the christian film festival yet? Edited: oh, yes, you did mention it)

Edited by refugee
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, refugee said:

I still have to laugh when I think of the night the nanny’s father and brother(s) nearly caught him and chased him down the street with a shotgun. I think I’m still remembering those details right.

I remember hearing about that, so seems right.  Namely because of the visual of Dougie being run off by shotgun toting menfolk, in a Hatfield/Mccoy-ish type of way.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

a travel aspect (Wide-stance Manly Adventures!)

They didn't actually call it "wide stance" did they?! I'm thinking of Larry "Wide Stance" Craig... they wouldn't want that association with their business.

But then again, fundagelicals often miss cultural references with innuendo! Best policy is always to run it by a few hip teenagers before you put it on your church's out-front marquee or web site... :D

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

He admitted to an overly affectionate relationship (does anyone remember the exact weasel phrase?)

Here is DPIART's complete resignation statement:

DPIART Resignation Statement.png

Re: Dougie's (in)visible means of support. Looks like credit cards are part of the mix, but it's plausible that fraudulent use and/or embezzlement of VFI/VFM "ministry" funds provided him with a nest egg of sorts.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed formatting.
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Here is DPIART's complete resignation statement:

DPIART Resignation Statement.png

Re: Dougie's (in)visible means of support. Looks like credit cards are part of the mix, but it's plausible that fraudulent use and/or embezzlement of VFI/VFM "ministry" funds provided him with a nest egg of sorts.

If he ever had a nest egg, I am guessing it has been largely drained at this point. I've never defaulted on a credit card or been sued, but my understanding is that you have to fail to make payments for a pretty long time before they get around to suing you. And I have also read that American Express does not play games so Dougie boy is going to have to take this seriously. I don't understand why Beall doesn't file for divorce ASAP so she doesn't go down with him. It isn't as if they have any kind of marriage any more.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Here is DPIART's complete resignation statement

This is a time when my repentance needs to be proven, and I need to lead a quiet life focusing on my family and serving as a foot soldier, not a ministry leader. Though I am broken over my failures, I am grateful to be able to spend more time with my family, nurturing my wife and children and preparing my older sons and daughters for life.

Let's just line that up with world travel and burlesque... hm... not seeing it, can someone help me out?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, VVV said:

If he ever had a nest egg, I am guessing it has been largely drained at this point. I've never defaulted on a credit card or been sued, but my understanding is that you have to fail to make payments for a pretty long time before they get around to suing you. And I have also read that American Express does not play games so Dougie boy is going to have to take this seriously. I don't understand why Beall doesn't file for divorce ASAP so she doesn't go down with him. It isn't as if they have any kind of marriage any more.

Yeah -- bet that nest egg is looking more like a heap of broken eggshell at this point.

Re: What is Dougie up to? Just found this on his nyc_cinematographer IG account. Looks like a remix of recent stuff plus some footage of DPIART from the ill-fated 2013 VF group tour to Greece. Wonder if any expenses were charged to AMEX?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yeah -- bet that nest egg is looking more like a heap of broken eggshell at this point.

Re: What is Dougie up to? Just found this on his nyc_cinematographer IG account. Looks like a remix of recent stuff plus some footage of DPIART from the ill-fated 2013 VF group tour to Greece. Wonder if any expenses were charged to AMEX?

So has this already been taken down?

6 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

So has this already been taken down?

No -- if you click on Dougie's IG handle, it should take you to his page & this post is the most recent one.

Not sure if if being signed into or having an account on IG makes a difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

No -- if you click on Dougie's IG handle, it should take you to his page & this post is the most recent one.

Not sure if if being signed into or having an account on IG makes a difference.

I'm signed in.  I see a recent posting of a video named "And Those Crazy Walls of Jerico" from March.  His posting count says 20 posts, but I only count 19?  Maybe I am missing something. :) 

Edit:  I see he has a story pinned, does that count in the 'posting count' numbers?  

Edited by Flyinthesoup
Found a possible posting that adds to his count
  • Love 1

Istanbul *should* show up as the latest post?

Screenshot.thumb.png.1db199e941941850b094a4c976d7c077.png

I think it's just an edit of very old VF footage. It looks like the Phillips went to Istanbul in conjunction with the infamous Greek jaunt. There are several pics of it in JT's Instagram; September 2013, just prior to Tool O'Ween

Screenshot2.thumb.jpg.df224bf897fe7a5f50a8383a0191e9fa.jpg

I agree that Dougie's nest egg seems to broken awhile back. I think that vid, and a handful of other things he's posted are just old footage carefully crafted to give the impression he's a globetrotting filmmaker, when in reality, I don't think he's done any major traveling (outside the US) in at least a year and a half or so.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic