IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

“God Is My Stylist” needs to be a post count title STAT. 

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I see some crazy irony here.  My granddaughter (daughter of two practicing attorneys) who is far, far from living in poverty asked for a mayonnaise sandwich every time I offered to make her something to eat last visit.  Apparently some kids just like them.

I liked them when I was a kid. We weren’t poor, just working class. So we had baloney, American cheese slices, peanut butter, and jelly but I preferred mayo sandwiches sometimes. Nowadays I would never eat one. 

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I liked them when I was a kid. We weren’t poor, just working class. So we had baloney, American cheese slices, peanut butter, and jelly but I preferred mayo sandwiches sometimes. Nowadays I would never eat one. 

I remember my mother cooking it and I tasted it, but it was horrible.  Of course, I was a kid at the time and that might have been why I didn't like it.  My parents usually made it financially although as a adult I can remember and now realize that there were some times when things were tight.  Pickle sandwiches, mashed bean sandwiches, fried baloney - they were treats when we were kids but now I realize that they were "broke food."  I think Gwen is trying to imply that it was broke food and extreme poverty, but I don't really believe it.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I remember my mother cooking it and I tasted it, but it was horrible.  Of course, I was a kid at the time and that might have been why I didn't like it.  My parents usually made it financially although as a adult I can remember and now realize that there were some times when things were tight.  Pickle sandwiches, mashed bean sandwiches, fried baloney - they were treats when we were kids but now I realize that they were "broke food."  I think Gwen is trying to imply that it was broke food and extreme poverty, but I don't really believe it.

Oh yes, fried baloney was a normal occurance in our house too. Along with cut up hot dogs in baked beans. I loved the cheap food as a kid. Nowadays not so much. I think my tastes have become a bit snootier as an adult. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yes, fried baloney was a normal occurance in our house too. Along with cut up hot dogs in baked beans. I loved the cheap food as a kid. Nowadays not so much. I think my tastes have become a bit snootier as an adult. 

Yes, my tastes have grown up too.  But when I am sad or having a hard time over something, I want a pickle sandwich like my mom used to make.  White bread, mayo and sliced dill pickles.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yes, fried baloney was a normal occurance in our house too. Along with cut up hot dogs in baked beans.

Yep, with crispy edges on white bread. Hot dogs in rice at our house.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

Yes, my tastes have grown up too.  But when I am sad or having a hard time over something, I want a pickle sandwich like my mom used to make.  White bread, mayo and sliced dill pickles.

Growing up cut up hotdogs fried with eggs was a treat, often served in a sandwich. We also ate a homemade soup made with small pasta, beans and tomato sauce. We hated it bc my mother would make it in a giant pot and we'd end up eating it for days.

Also, we couldn't afford to order Chinese so my mom would buy canned Chinese food that she would serve over white rice with crunchy noodles (also from a can). I'm not sure if they make it anymore. And, Dinty Moore beef stew made a frequent appearance. Not sure if hey still sell it. I haven't seen it at the supermarket in years.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, SecularMusic said:

Growing up cut up hotdogs fried with eggs was a treat, often served in a sandwich.

Same! Only in a homemade tortilla for us.

Sometimes mom would "let" us have hot air popcorn with toast and jam for dinner with kool-aid to drink and we thought it was amazing! She would also let us pull the sheets out of the linen closet and build a fort for our "Charlie Brown Dinner" as we called it. Much fun was had on those nights. Mom made the best of a bad situation. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, SecularMusic said:

...my mom would buy canned Chinese food that she would serve over white rice with crunchy noodles (also from a can)

Well, they apparently still make the La Choy brand canned chow mein and crunchy noodles that my mom sometimes served us way back when. I don't know if that's the same brand you grew up with. :)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190226-232001.thumb.jpg.28c1cee7eb786264daf0011e6b132f53.jpg51LOx-070kL_1296x.jpg.e22f0a99f34d692d89fd75c29e038141.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
added a pic
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

Also, we couldn't afford to order Chinese so my mom would buy canned Chinese food that she would serve over white rice with crunchy noodles (also from a can). I'm not sure if they make it anymore.

We ate the same thing! I remember absolutely loving it. I'm not really sure how good it would taste now. 

Back to hunger advice today. Basically if you would just wait for The Growl you would stop having to worry about things like if you will have enough money for food because you know God will provide. Tell that to the hungry people in this world Gwen. The people who have The Growl because the literally don't have any food! I wonder if anyone has confronted her about things like this. What would she say or do? Would she blame the people who starved in Ethiopia because they didn't trust God enough or would she admit her advice is only for privileged people. That God treats rich people different than poor people. 

Why is it hard to stop eating? It is because without the truth that God adores you and wants a relationship with you and is generous…you become a god—and we are bad gods. We just do not know when to stop. When people are overeating, overdrinking, whatever it is, they think they can just “handle it.” Later in life you find out that you cannot “handle it.” When we are trying to be our own gods and making decisions for ourselves, we just think that we are entitled at four o’clock to come home and indulge ourselves in any and every way that we have chosen. Where in the world did we come up with that concept? Perhaps we think everyone else is doing it—we saw our parents take ownership of this “happy hour” of four o’clock to bedtime. We do not deserve anything and we owe our allegiance to the Creator.

God is using this message to help you reconnect with Him. God gives stomach growls as queues for eating, which means we are looking to Him every day, several times a day—and that is just our eating. We will find that we need Him every hour of the day and night! He is a great Shepherd who longs to feed His sheep physically and spiritually—the Good Shepherd who tirelessly looks for the green pastures. If you let go of control and turn to God to lead you and obey Him, you will no longer panic that you are not going to be taken care of. You will not worry that you will never have fun or taste good food or get to eat certain foods again. You will relax and do better each day. Start now with depending on the Ultimate, Perfect Provider.

So there is a picture at the top of each devotional. It used to be the same picture each day but Gwen has started changing it. I noticed that even on her main website page she tends to use pictures that are from the 90's when she was apparently a lot more popular. She looked so much healthier then. 

Spoiler

Gwen-Shamblin-Larry-King-Live.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Well, they apparently still make the La Choy brand canned chow mein and crunchy noodles that my mom sometimes served us way back when. I don't know if that's the same brand you grew up with. :)

That was the only Chinese food I knew for my first 10 to 12 years growing up in the mountains.  I think the closest Chinese restaurant was 90 miles away back then.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

God gives stomach growls as queues for eating, which means we are looking to Him every day, several times a day—and that is just our eating.

• Upvote 2

On 2/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Shorter Gwen:

“Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.”

Now I'm wondering what idol to Mammon she would make. Obviously a bull is out (too much meat), perhaps a corn chip? 

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Now I'm wondering what idol to Mammon she would make. Obviously a bull is out (too much meat), perhaps a corn chip? 

A diet coke?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

On 2/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, formergothardite said:

I didn't watch all of Gwen's Monday video. Watching a woman sitting in her massive home surrounded by expensive items, including a life sized statue of someone, lecturing people about greed is just too much. But does anyone know if Gwen's story about being raised in total poverty with food insecurity is true? 

So the statue in her library she has named John Wesley(as in the Methodist). She said she was on her knees during the auction praying she would win it and God let her win it. And she doesn't know who it really is, but it(of course) came out of a church in Europe and its made of one piece of wood. Blah, blah, blah. 

image.thumb.png.5f9cb4b88bf988afc21b4a6c3db4a9f9.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

So the statue in her library she has named John Wesley(as in the Methodist). She said she was on her knees during the auction praying she would win it and God let her win it. And she doesn't know who it really is, but it(of course) came out of a church in Europe and its made of one piece of wood. Blah, blah, blah. 

image.thumb.png.5f9cb4b88bf988afc21b4a6c3db4a9f9.png

If it came from a church in Europe it could be a *gasp* saint.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

24 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

A lot of tacky crap...

You can't buy good taste...

So she got on her knees to pray that God would let her win a statue of someone she didn't know,. Apparently she never gets on her needs to pray for the suffering of this world because God answers her all her prayers and people are still suffering! 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Just now, formergothardite said:

You can't buy good taste...

So she got on her knees to pray that God would let her win a statue of someone she didn't know,. Apparently she never gets on her needs to pray for the suffering of this world because God answers her all her prayers and people are still suffering! 

Sounds like idolatry to me, the statue and the way she describes both it and the process to win it.  Nope, you can not buy good taste!  I think her idol to Mammon would be a chip with the salt licked off.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, llucie said:

If it came from a church in Europe it could be a *gasp* saint.

I was thinking the same. Maybe Saint Catherine of Sienna who allegedly lived in the Eucherist (communion wafer) alone for the last years of her life.

• Upvote 4

Bet you a Diet Coke those books on the shelf have never been/will never be cracked open, and were purchased in bulk for their color.  

Edited by danvillebelle
riffles
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Today's devotional shows that Gwen truly is living in some sort of imaginary world. All of nature is so kind and peaceful and if you just follow her teachings your children will be perfect little angels. I've seen some pretty vicious little squirrels! 

Every year I see more of the loving intervention of God in my life through a respectful, obedient relationship with Him. If only we would teach the children at the earliest of ages, how different their lives would be.

Here is what we need to know…all of creation obeys Him, and they are well taken care of and free from worry, strife, and needs. Their children behave and are attentive and respectful to the parents and learn well. I have watched the Father and His creation and how He deals so sweetly with His animals. It tells me so much about the loving Creator-Father. Notice that the birds love to sing, the squirrels love to play tag, the kittens are so curious and playful but affectionate, the puppy dogs adore the master so much and are so excited and happy that they always look like they are smiling or almost laughing. The personalities of little children are my delight. I have seven grandchildren now and they light up my life. Each one is so priceless, hilarious, and adorable—there is always laughter and love in their presence. If one gets out of my lap, another jumps up, filling my days with joy, delight, happiness, and love. My life was not blessed like this before I found God’s laws of cause and effect of truly obeying the Lord, found in Deuteronomy 28. Please take some time to read this passage today.

What I also get from this is that Gwen only likes children who obey. She has no use for children who ask questions and think critically. 

Today's picture. 

Spoiler

Gwen-Shamblin-Writing.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Based on Gwen issuing the decree for everyone to take the time to read Deuteronomy 28 today, there must be members that need to be reminded about what happens when they do not obey. All of the worst things you could think of(based on Deut. 28) will happen if you stray from Gwen or let your kids run amok. She has no shame. She's not even attempting to hide her veiled threats anymore. Don't leave RF or all of these bad things will happen to you. 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Here is what we need to know…all of creation obeys Him, and they are well taken care of and free from worry, strife, and needs.

Goes back to her disillusions about any kind of suffering outside of Brentwood. Does she really think starving or homeless people aren't being taken care of because they don't obey God? Its hard for me to believe that she suffered at all in life or she would have more compassion. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I have seven grandchildren now and they light up my life. Each one is so priceless, hilarious, and adorable—there is always laughter and love in their presence. If one gets out of my lap, another jumps up, filling my days with joy, delight, happiness, and love.

...until they cry. And then Gwen probably can't get away from them fast enough. Her post adds context to those creepy videos of the children dressed all in white and looking frozen. Gwen doesn't see children, grandkids or otherwise, as people. They are props, just like her wooden statue. Children are part of Gwen's vision of herself as the benevolent matriarch and mouthpiece of god. She sees herself bathed in light, surrounded by angelic innocence. It's obvious that Gwen loses interest in kids once they've lost their cherubic look. 

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic