IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

Maybe the reason they didn’t hire you is because you grew up in a bubble, you twit. Never held down a job before going into the workforce full time to teach people - in a school, which wasn’t good enough for HER, because private tutoring. I like how it’s not homeschooling, it’s “private tutoring.”

Next candidate, please. I wouldn’t have hired her smug ass to teach either.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Many years ago, my first job was working in the ladies' apparel department at a K-mart. That department was also responsible for lay-a-way. I worked there for about a year and the skills I learned there I've applied to every job since then. Same with the fast food management...managers also train. Yup, did that and it helped me later in my professional job when I would have small groups of youngsters to train. While I don't miss those jobs, I appreciate the skills I learned in them. Abbie would have been wise to take one of those "shitty" jobs and learn something about the real world. 

• Upvote 8

I worked at the Waffle House. I’m good at yelling shit at people quickly and efficiently. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

I worked at the Waffle House. I’m good at yelling shit at people quickly and efficiently. 

I bet you make good hash browns, too. [emoji39]
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Who is ready to go down a huge rabbit hole?

I discovered that Braggie used to have another blog that she started in 2011.

In this blog, she’s a wanna-be instagram fashion model with a thrift twist and plenty of glamour shots. Also, she actively blogged when she was a mom of 2-3 kids but stopped updating once the twins got older. After the twins came, I think she sort of lost her way and overcompensated for something by becoming “super-fundie”.

B4B01D28-F8DA-4221-A825-1ADC280F2D47.jpeg.c312c2cfafd5f70076e661a75de224bc.jpeg

http://www.secondhandorbarebottom.com/2011/10/lace-n-boots.html?m=1

She used to call her MisForMama blog FiveDaysFiveWays before writing a post about changing the name to align herself with the identity of being a mother. 

I'm not sure what I expected but wow. Every. single. picture. is. Abbie. I mean it, every single one. And there's alot. Abbie's old blog is nothing but her unchecked ego running wild with rampant consumerism. For those who don't want to peruse Abbie's insufferably raw narcissism, I present the moment she made her first in-store "Anthro" purchase. The accompanying picture was Abbie in jeans and a giraffe t-shirt. 

"Yeah. I wore this outfit on an outing to Anthropologie and couldn’t help cracking up as I meandered through a store with price-tags that sported numbers like $254 (!!!!) and $168—all while wearing an outfit whose 5 separate pieces added to less than $20!

I’m pretty sure they would have tossed me out on my ear if they’d known.

Good thing I didn’t leave my Goodwill tags on.

Because, shockingly enough, I managed to avoid getting thrown out long enough to actually buy something (my first real Anthro clothing-something ever)."

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What an inability to think critically. There are a million ways working fast food or as a waitress could help you be a better teacher. Surely, at some point most people have had to train new team members to work the kitchen equipment or take orders—so the actual teaching bit is obvious. It improves one’s ability to work with people who are upset or angry at you. You have to delegate tasks and multi-task like a champ to be a waitress or work in fast food or teaching. You get to work on your problem-solving skills on the daily. You learn to work with a team of co-workers and answer to an authority figure. You learn to show up on time, prepared to work, and you learn job etiquette like wearing appropriate clothes and not using swear words. You manage large groups of people who come in to eat together, or possibly go to catering events where you’re dealing with groups. Has Abbie ever worked a drive-thru? That takes serious planning and organizational skills. You learn to be an active listener (you don’t want to mess up that guy’s order; he’s allergic to shellfish). You learn to give and accept constructive criticism and use feedback to improve your skills. You learn to work hard—and every teacher I know busts their ass on the daily. 

I really could go on and on. Her attitude bothers me so much; even “low-skill” jobs are opportunities to learn amazing skills that’ll benefit people throughout their career. I use deescalation techniques I learned diffusing family situations when I sold wedding products to this day as a social worker. To get all Mike Rowe for a minute, every job is an important one and people should be respected for working and contributing whether they pick up road kill or run an entire city. Hell, I worship the ground my maintenance man walks on—if he wasn’t there to snake a drain or fix a window, I’d be boned. 

Okay, rant over. 

Along with all the skills it teaches, they may have asked because she'd be teaching in a school where a lot of students work. Having the experience of working while in school will help her know what her potential students are dealing with and to dismiss it outright is ridiculous (as is everything about her really). 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

38 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm not sure what I expected but wow. Every. single. picture. is. Abbie. I mean it, every single one. And there's alot. Abbie's old blog is nothing but her unchecked ego running wild with rampant consumerism. For those who don't want to peruse Abbie's insufferably raw narcissism, I present the moment she made her first in-store "Anthro" purchase. The accompanying picture was Abbie in jeans and a giraffe t-shirt. 

"Yeah. I wore this outfit on an outing to Anthropologie and couldn’t help cracking up as I meandered through a store with price-tags that sported numbers like $254 (!!!!) and $168—all while wearing an outfit whose 5 separate pieces added to less than $20!

I’m pretty sure they would have tossed me out on my ear if they’d known.

Good thing I didn’t leave my Goodwill tags on.

Because, shockingly enough, I managed to avoid getting thrown out long enough to actually buy something (my first real Anthro clothing-something ever)."

I’ve been in Anthropologie tons of times (I mostly just like to window shop there) and I wear very inexpensive clothing. Mostly from Target. And I never thought about them tossing me out because of it. How odd. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@ViolaSebastian, I’ve often thought that everyone in the world should be made to work at least six months at a customer service job.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, smittykins said:

And I’m sure in her mind, she’s thinking “And they want $15 an hour.”

(I did fast food for almost ten years, and that’s a sore spot with me.  “They deserve minimum wage because anyone can do it.”  I’d like to have them try it and see how long they last.)

I've been working in fast food on and off for 15 years and have dealt with people like that all the time. When I was on tills at KFC their were certain customers that I would see in the queue and try to avoid having to serve because they were either rude, would try to say they ordered one thing and then later claim that they didn't ordered something else, change their mind about five times per order, or forget to ask for something plain or without something then claim it was us that forgot it. I ended up changing to cleaning tables, less grief from customers.

When I was 17 and worked match days at Celtic Park and if customer's were rude to me I'd be rude back. I once told a rude person that I could get their season ticket taken off them, obviously a 17 year old working on the food kiosks had no such power but the man shut up. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Hane said:

@ViolaSebastian, I’ve often thought that everyone in the world should be made to work at least six months at a customer service job.

I've said a year - have to deal with the madness when kids are out of school and the utter hell of the holidays.

• I Agree 4
  • Love 4

24 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I've said a year - have to deal with the madness when kids are out of school and the utter hell of the holidays.

I never worked in food service or retail, but I was a nurse's aide while in high school.  I'll tell you, I had my share of nasty people there, too.  I made pretty good money, but the work was not something any of my classmates would consider doing.

I think its important for kids to learn what it's like to work with people, to be a team player, do things they might not want to do, etc.

Edited by 3splenty
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 3splenty said:

I was a nurse's aide 

This part alone makes you a wonderful person.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Why do self-centered people have a ton of kids? I know one woman from a Facebook group who admitted she’s addicted to pregnancy and felt bad for the responsibilities she delegated to older kids yet she got pregnant again.

JRod...

Braggie Abbie...

Why?

Look at Braggie’s old blog. More children hasn’t made her happier, if we go off her pictures and posts alone...  Also, for it’s not for her sanctification but selfishness as it’s the kids that suffer for it.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My high achieving daughter who is already involved in a Law Society program to help gifted high school students get work experience and networking opportunities and participate in a Mock Trial program in front of real magistrates to encourage them towards studying law and who has also been selected to be part of a small group of students shadowing the Education Minister and his office (yes I’m a proud mother) just got her first job. At McDonalds. And yes, I’m proud of that too. Lots of people work in fast food at some point in their life and take the skills they learn there into lots of different areas. 

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, Hane said:

At a minimum I think a year working in a customer service/minimum wage job should be a requirement for election to political office. Too many seem to have literally no idea what it is like for people who are doing those jobs. I feel being better informed about how their political decisions will affect people can only be a good thing.

• Upvote 17

Well lookee there....Braggie posted 3 pics of her holding her baby (right after I mentioned she never posts pics of her holding said baby).  Good for you, Brags.  

Now go put childproof locks on your bathroom doors.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Well lookee there....Braggie posted 3 pics of her holding her baby (right after I mentioned she never posts pics of her holding said baby).  Good for you, Brags.  

Now go put childproof locks on your bathroom doors.

Yes, but in true Abbie style, she was using the baby as a prop to sell a diaper bag. She called it an "investment bag". No. An ivestment bag is well made and timeless. Her bag may be well made but that thing is hideously trendy. I checked the website it came from and the cost is around 200 dollars.

• Upvote 7

Lolololololol! Ok Braggie. You seem to hate motherhood much more than the “wine o’clock” moms. You just express it in a very different (and completely insufferable) way.

55AACA32-F2D7-4999-AF56-EAA0E7DD295E.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

So if you aren't godly, you're destined to be a mediocre mother because you don't care enough/god hasn't told you its important to know your kids personalities? Delightful.
I feel like this was a bit of a stab at critics, like 'well this isn't for you so f* you because youre probably a bad parent' but she basically said she's bad at being a sterotypical christian and she's also admitting to be selfish... again. But because you're 'wordy' you can dress it up and it'll all be fine.

• Upvote 8

"One practical way to pursue this is being an "expert" at serving my family: really studying my kids' personalities and discerning their heart-level needs rather than embracing the popular culture of "mediocre motherhood," which tells us that our kids are something to be endured until it's (finally) wine o' clock."

I'll agree that Abbie studies her kids personalities. Narcissists are particularly brilliant at discerning and manipulating others. For example, Abbie is acutely aware of Ezra's gentle spirit, soft heart, and love for his younger siblings. Abbie has identified and utilized these traits to her advantage and often relegates her (and Shaun's) responsibilities to him.

The only heart level needs being met are Abbie's because I can guarantee that those kids don't give a shit about lining up in matching outfits or about matching pillows. All they want is an attentive mama, one who doesn't hide from parenting by spending an entire day wallpapering a closet at the expense of the their needs.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

I wonder if the people in her community read her crap? Because she said that saying she was a blogger would "only confuse people around here." Damn, bitch, way to call your neighbors ignorant, lol. 

How could a job possibly teach you job skills? idk, such a puzzler . . . 

And if you are working for someone, they do, actually, know how old you are. Because paperwork. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, katilac said:

I wonder if the people in her community read her crap? Because she said that saying she was a blogger would "only confuse people around here." Damn, bitch, way to call your neighbors ignorant.

Or she’s afraid that they’d actually go to her blog, read it, and think, “Damn, she’s even crazier than we thought!”

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Hane said:

Damn, she’s even crazier than we thought!”

So much true!

I wonder if any of the people around her actually like her, are friends?  She never mentions any.  She only mentions her mother.  I wonder if her mother thinks her pregnancy/ all the baybeez obsession is crazy?  Does her mom know what a mediocre/ bad mother Braggie is? Is her mom so involved with the homeschooling so that the children have a mother figure? 

Where the heck is Shaun in all this?  Braggie rarely mentions him and he's in very few photos.  If we didn't know better we'd think Braggie was a single mom. The "dad" of the family is BroDad Ezra (and now BroDad Simon). We see this again and again in photos and in Braggie's insta-stories.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Where the heck is Shaun in all this?  Braggie rarely mentions him and he's in very few photos.  If we didn't know better we'd think Braggie was a single mom.

Abbie has said in the past that Shaun doesn't like taking pictures so that's probably part of it but I don't think he's actually around all that much. He seems to go on business trips quite often and she rarely mentions him in every day context. We hear more about Abbie's mom. 

• Upvote 2

Braggie used to post more pictures with and about her friends. I kind of assume she goes through friends like she goes through rugs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

• Georgiana locked this topic