IGNORED

JinJer 47: Sparking J-O-Y

Georgiana

Cade Foehner was on American Idol (thanks google), so I guess fundie D list celebrities of a feather will flock to together?

Jeremy has officially earned one of the worst insults I give - he’s provincial. Man thinks he’s the first in the world to read a book or admire a painting. It’s the first time he’s seen this stuff, therefore it must be a huge secret from the rest of us.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im late to the conversation, been lurking for years. Read the vaccination part while waiting in the clinic for my mmr and hep b jabs. Cracking timing

Man, that Foehner guy is really rocking the fundie hipster look. From rockstar hair to the black suit, he makes Jeremy look like a stuffy old fuddie duddie in comparison. Yeah, I 100% think Jeremy is positioning himself for an eventual move to LA. I mean he has to be conversant in Spanish if he's to really stand a snowballs chance of growing his church, and he's um...not. 

46 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yeah, I 100% think Jeremy is positioning himself for an eventual move to LA. I mean he has to be conversant in Spanish if he's to really stand a snowballs chance of growing his church, and he's um...not. 

He didn't even bother when he moved to pastor a church in Laredo for crying out loud, I hardly think that LA will be the difference maker.

Cade Foehner was an american idol contestant (top 5 2016) and apparently Jeremy is his #bff and brother in Christ. He has an album called "the crown" which I presume is all about the Lord. I don't know how they met or why they are so in love with each other.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/american-idol-rock-n-roll-star-cade-foehner-reveals-battle-hes-facing-christian-hollywood.html

Here is an article about Cade Foehner revealing he is a Christian minister and the "battle" of being a Christian evangelist in hollywood.

"Being on 'Idol' and trying to do evangelism here in Hollywood, it's a harder area to be in than where I'm from, 'cuz I live in the Bible belt, so evangelism isn't so hard there," he told CP. "But here (Hollywood) you meet some opposition just in your heart itself."

So he is a persecuted Christian white male just like Jeremy! Only he is fighting for the glory of Christ with rock-n-roll.

I was re-reading a few pages back the discussion on abortion. I am wondering if Jeremy is aware of the anti-abortion film Unplanned coming out March 29th. The film has an R rating so Jeremy and Derrick may be the only Duggars who see it. It's from the same writers and producers who gave us the cinematic gem God's Not Dead. Beware the Ides of March and beware the Duggars anti-abortion screeds. 

I wonder if a move to LA would change Jinger more? She has, what seems like a lot of freedom in Laredo and it is clear she got space from her family there, but it still seems small town and a bit isolated (I have no idea so correct me please). LA would have more for her to do and explore. I wonder if she would go from fundie/fundie-lite to a more conservative view (a la Candace Cameron Bure (sp?)). I think that is the best we can hope for in the 2nd-gens, but interesting would be what will happen to Felicity growing up in such a diverse area, even with being in church all the time, the outside world can make an impact in moderating her beliefs, not mention her uncle who seems to have way different beliefs.

5 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

interesting would be what will happen to Felicity growing up in such a diverse area, even with being in church all the time, the outside world can make an impact in moderating her beliefs, not mention her uncle who seems to have way different beliefs.

Maybe an Ashley Salyer or a Marjorie Jackson?

22 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I was re-reading a few pages back the discussion on abortion. I am wondering if Jeremy is aware of the anti-abortion film Unplanned coming out March 29th. The film has an R rating so Jeremy and Derrick may be the only Duggars who see it. It's from the same writers and producers who gave us the cinematic gem God's Not Dead. Beware the Ides of March and beware the Duggars anti-abortion screeds. 

Friend, you know all the Duggar couples and their sycophants will go see it and take tearful selfies by the marquee.

I see Jeremy being groomed for Grace in LA and then attempting to go head to head with Hillsong.   I imagine them in LA as trying to be the Fundie Kardashians - larger than normal family (5-7 intentionally planned kids), reality TV fame, ministering to the lost heathens of show biz.  Of course, the events they would attend would be more anti abortion movies / ultra conservative politician fundraisers and Jinger would never be caught in a two piece bathing suit let alone something see through, but you get the picture.

Yeah, Jeremy is the biggest fame whore in the extended Duggar clan. Unfortunatley, he has more charisma and polish than Derrick and more education than Josh. I see these hate groups, hate politicians, and fundie celebrity churches being happy to have them around. I don't think Grace Community minds chasing the all-mighty celebrity dollar any more than Hillsomg does. 

On 3/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

The film has an R rating so Jeremy and Derrick may be the only Duggars who see it.

Do the Duggars not believe in watching R movies?

Jim Bob and Michelle don't believe in watching secular movies period, let alone R rated movies. It's why they all, with the exception of Derrick and Jeremy, talk about War Room and Fireproof being their favorite movies. Those are the only kinds of movies they have been allowed to watch. 

Jeremy is going to fight it out with Joel Ostene to be the next Billy Graham. I LOATHE these obnoxious golden temples of opulence called "mega churches" It is only a matter of time before they take Christ off the walls and start hanging pics of Donald Trump.  :pb_rollseyes:

**ETA I can't imagine how pretentious and dull a show about JinJer in LA would be. 

I don’t think Jeremy has the ability/interest in being as “””chill””” and “”real””” as the Hillsong set. I cannot see him saying, for instance, the kind of lines that Bieber spouted in that one creepy Vogue story about not considering himself religious but simply having a personal relationship with Jesus. He’s waaay too committed to the institution of The Church to move in on Hillsong’s turf.

re: movies, I am very curious whether JinJer will be seeing Jeremy’s brother’s project.

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

obnoxious golden temples of opulence

Aw man, I think I'm going to change my 'location' to this. It is just too good to pass up. @allthegoodnamesrgone,  do you want credit or a fake tm symbol?

Hillsong is no where near fundie in my mind, but he is definitely going for the fundie version of Hillsong, that’s for sure!

That Cade Foehner person reminds me the guy from The Room.

Lisa, you're tearing me apart!

@Kayla, there is a discussion in Quiverful of Snark on Chris Pratt attending an anti-LGBT church. That church is a Hillsong plant. They aren't Jerry Falwell but they are much more fundie leaning than they let on. They have incredible branding and marketing. 

Hillsong is definitely not liberal, but I'm not sure I'd call it fundamentalist. It's also charismatic, and a pretty huge leap from the fundamental baptist / fundie Calvinist ideology the Duggars and their hangers-on hold to, unless it's changed a lot in recent years. It's possible that some of them could go the Hillsong route, but (in my opinion) just as possible that they'll convert to orthodox Catholicism. Which is to say, possible but not damn likely.

Hillsong, in addition to being very worldly is also definitely not Quiverful. They are all, about "jumping and throwing your arms in the air for services." It's uncomfortable for me, and my conservative parents had no problems with dancing.  Joe and Kendra, Joy and Austin, even Jessa and Ben would potentially stand out and be very uncomfortable with such showy services. 

@Pecansforeveryone,  I don't know if you saw the episode, but when Josie was in the NICU in Little Rock, the Duggars went to  a service at a black church.  They were definitely uncomfortable.  The service was much livelier than what they were used to with clapping and such.  The fact that they were surrounded by black folks may have been part of it as well.  

There are different flavors of fundamentalism. Hillsong is just a different flavor than the Duggars and Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. I would put Hillsong somewhere between fundie light and very, very conservative Christian. They are anti-abortion, anti-LGBT, and advocate for teaching creationism in public schools. They just wrap it up in a pretty “hate the sin, not the sinner” bow. I don’t thing any Duggars or in-laws will go the Hillsong route, but I can see Jeremy using some of the same marketing techniques in pursuit of the sweet Millennial/gen-z money.

One of the more distressing things about adulthood and social media is watching otherwise intelligent college classmates get sucked into the Hillsong prosperity gospel. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived