IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

On 2/5/2019 at 2:37 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

...or episodes of Friends...

Well, it almost happened to me....

18 hours ago, bea said:

Oh, I agree, it’s easy enough to find, but it’s really really unlikely for a LEO to call in an erratic driver, get the registration info, then look online to see if they can find the cell number of the wife of the guy driving drunk.
The idea that somehow law enforcement just kinda...... called, that’s my issue.
Unless it’s a very very tiny town and/or Lisa knows the LEO personally, ain’t no way they just kinda called her out of the blue. All other issues aside, it’s really REALLY against the rules to be using your personal cell phone to contact the personal cell phone of the wife of the person you’re about to arrest for DUI. Lisa might not understand these things, but theres, like, RULES and stuff about police calling civilians in an official capacity.

The kids could have given them the number.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:
On 1/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Ann-Barnhardt.jpg.77dad13310ca0f4bd98ed8e85e0ff016.jpg

Here's Ann Barnhardt, from her 2011 explanation of the Koran-burning stunt, on the Answering Muslims website. I'm worried that her gun clashes with her blouse.

Read more  

Late to the game but I had totally forgotten about her! She make my head hurt.

She's totally cray, and she's still obsessed with the same topics.  

• Thank You 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, LydiaAnn said:

Can you even do that, if your husband unblessed their marriage and neither you or your husband even talk to them? Hmmmm.

Wait, he "unblessed" Delaney and Josh's marriage?! How?!

• WTF 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

Wait, he "unblessed" Delaney and Josh's marriage?! How?!

From FLOTSH's blog:

While going through her phone we discovered a texting group all my new children were involved in- it was disheartening, diabolically evil (as my father in law put it.) That discovery led my husband to remove his blessing upon his daughter’s upcoming wedding. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

51 minutes ago, LydiaAnn said:

From FLOTSH's blog:

What. An. Ass. And Lisa isn't exactly a peach either. Wonder what the texts were that were so awful Jr. decided to be such a dick about them. Terribly un-Christian of you and Spanky, Lisa. I mean, really, really awful of you, and not at all what Jesus asked of us.

Sr. must not have "unblessed" the marriage, because he officiated it!

• Upvote 9

I feel like “diabolically evil” is probably an overstatement. I reserve that kind of wording for people who purposely ignore that water sources are contaminated with lead or plot to eliminate entire ethnic groups or encourage women without access to safe water sources to formula feed so you can make a buck.  Unless the texts involved discussion to hire a hitman or subvert the family fortune to fund a work camp run by child slaves, I imagine this was a bit of an overreaction, to say the least. 

Come to think of it, though, it is diabolically evil to try to erase the memory of one’s spouse and mother of one’s children because you have a new main squeeze. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Sr. must not have "unblessed" the marriage, because he officiated it!

Exactly, which calls into question Lisa's entire narrative.

1 hour ago, LydiaAnn said:

diabolically evil (as my father in law put it.)

On first read "father in law" implies RC Sproul Sr. But Lisa has had three father in laws prior to RC Sr. Could she be referring to one of them that she's still in contact with and not to RC Sr? She does refer to "my new children" but in the same context she doesn't say, "my new father in law." The whole "diabolically evil" thing just seems so contrived I think she coined it herself and tried to pin it on RC Sr when in reality he never said it. 

I can't see RC Sr. officiating the wedding of a granddaughter who'd been participating in a "diabolically evil" chat group. I can however see Lisa coming up with the term "diabolically evil" and then using it in an attempt to dissuade RC Jr from officiating Delany's wedding, apparently successfully so, and once RC Sr. stepped up to the plate attempting to do the same with him, and unsuccessfully so.

I'm more than convinced that Lisa is a relational saboteur. I have no trouble seeing why the Sproul children can't stand her. She's the exact opposite of Denise, the humble loving self-sacrificing mother that joyfully devoted her life to them while avoiding the spotlight. But Lisa is only in it for Lisa, the self-obsessed selfie-posting selfie-meme self-proclaimed "hot babe" who never passes up an opportunity to take the credit. The Sproul children didn't get on board with Lisa's narcissistic "first lady" game plan so she turned on them, sabotaged their already strained relationship with their father, and after being successful now claims that she's the victim.

I think it all comes back to a reap what you sow thing. Sproul Jr sabotaged many relationships between parents and their children, husbands and wives, employers and employees, even lifelong friends. No surprise he married a woman so much like himself. I feel very sorry for the Sproul children though. They don't deserve any of this.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Perhaps RC Senior meant that it was "diabolically evil" of Precious and Lisa to go through EC's phone and read confidential texts to her from her brother and sisters.

There are obviously good reasons for parents to monitor teenager's phone and internet use, but a simple text group involving siblings should not send a new step mother into high alert.  Unless she is an asshole determined to be First Lady and control the whole family, that is. 

So to find the texts communicating with her siblings necessary to read, unpack, and declare diabolical is a real invasion of privacy and a sign of sucky judgement, Lisa.    

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Banyan said:

I'm more than convinced that Lisa is a relational saboteur. I have no trouble seeing why the Sproul children can't stand her.

A more warm-hearted, loving, emotionally healthy person might ask herself (after the initial shock of betrayal wears off): Where and how have I failed my brand-new stepchildren?  How can we start a process of reconciliation in the very difficult and often fraught circumstances of a newly blended family?

This is a woman who has been through multiple divorces.  Has she learned nothing about healthy communication? Gone to marital counseling? Learned nothing from reading the darn Bible and blathering on about the meaning of the verses that she read?  

I'm on a roll here, so bear with me.  It's certainly telling that Senior was contacted in an attempt to get him on board with the Precious/Lisa version of the family drama.  I suspect he was not hoodwinked at all and checked in with all of the older grandkids, who he knew well.  He may also have been getting fed up with all of Junior's high jinks.  What was the time frame relative to the DUI arrest?

I'm assuming that the words "evil" and "diabolical" are freighted with meaning in the Sproul world as being associated with the works of Satan and demons. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm assuming that the words "evil" and "diabolical" are freighted with meaning in the Sproul world as being associated with the works of Satan and demons. 

Bitchaham Lisa is using charismatic terminology.  She reminds me of former "friends" who had personality disorders who demonize anyone they seem "the enemy" which means not ?% on their wavelength and "team" in their distorted minds.  Evil bitch is probably too nice for first lady look at meeeeee Lisa.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Howl said:

What was the time frame relative to the DUI arrest?

"On October 14, 2016, Sproul married Lisa Carol Ringel.  On November 19, 2016 his father R.C. Sproul officiated the ecclesiastical ceremony." (thanks Lisa for the Wikipedia edit)

RC Sproul Jr arrested for DUI Nov 29, 2016.

JT Phillips and Delany Sproul married Sept 29, 2017.

Sproul was on probation at the time of the wedding. It's unlikely his probation officer would have denied him permission to travel out of state to attend his daughter's wedding had he wanted to.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

I am still totally confused about what Spanky does to earn money.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am still totally confused about what Spanky does to earn money.

The only work history he has is as a pastor of St. Peter Presbyterian Church, a bible teacher for his dad's Ligonier Ministries, and rector of his dad's Reformation Bible College. He was editor for a short stint of his dad's Table Talk monthly magazine. He also wrote some articles for Table Talk, and he also edited and wrote articles for Every Thought Captive published by his Highlands Ministries (before the board of directors kicked him to the curb). With all his many scandals (defrocked as pastor for tax fraud and spiritual abuse, Ashley Madison philandering, DUI felony conviction, etc. etc.) no self-respecting ministry in their right mind is going to hire him. His days as minister-for-hire are over. Could he start his own church again? Other scandalized pastors have done it and some have even succeeded. We know from his Facebook he's doing some virtual bible studies. Not getting much of a following from it though.

If he expects any financial success at being a pastor again he'll have to abandon his Reformed base entirely because they're not likely to have anything to do with him. Maybe he'll find some followers among those he's enjoyed mocking so much -- the "Evangellyfish."

The only marketable job skills he has remaining are as a writer. As far as anyone knows the only work he's been able to scare up is writing articles for Steeler's Nation. It's doubtful there's much money in it. I hope Lisa brings home enough that she can pay all the bills because that's likely to be her lot with her "king" for many years to come.

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

“Marriage built on rebellion carries a penalty of bitterness and war. Marriage built upon the Rock is protected by God.”

What the heck is she driveling on about this time?  It strikes me that her marriage must be on very shaky ground if she has to blame outside influences and attacks from others for all their problems.

54 minutes ago, Banyan said:

published by his Highlands Ministries (before the board of directors kicked him to the curb).

Interesting.  This I did not know.  Do you have a source?  

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

“Marriage built on rebellion carries a penalty of bitterness and war. Marriage built upon the Rock is protected by God.”

Just more evidence of why the Sproul children can't stand the self-righteous preachy Lisa. She's obviously targeting her sanctimonious sermon at them. Spanky is a fool to let her keep targeting his children with her holier-than-thou barbs.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

https://www.facebook.com/132269124115308/photos/a.138257006849853/287863928555826/?type=3&theater

So Lisa's last 3 (or 4?) marriages were...???

Great to see encouraging words of support for her step daughter's marriage.  What a piece of work.  As a dad, a future FIL (nothing in the works, just sayin') and a fellow human being, can I offer advice to the various fundie households who regularly get upset that FJ is a gossip mill... STFU!!!!  There is nothing Godly about allusion and innuendo be it in sermons or on social media!  Arrrrgggg!!!!!!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Howl said:

Exactly right. Such extreme rhetoric is necessary in order to justify not officiating or even attending your daughter's wedding. As you note RC Sr. by that point had lost all confidence in his son and stepped in to save the day for his granddaughter.

I find it ironic that Doug Bukakke Phillips, a guy who was even more renowned than RC Jr for using hyperbolic rhetoric to attack his enemies, terms like "diabolically evil, horrifically wicked, iniquitous, sinister, satanic," etc. found his way clear to attend the Phillips-Sproul wedding but RC Jr would not.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

https://www.facebook.com/132269124115308/photos/a.138257006849853/287863928555826/?type=3&theater

Rebellion against the ways of Doug Phillips and R.C. Sproul, Jr., is turning toward the good, seems to me.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

"Don’t let your past dictate your future. God uses ALL things-i.e. DUI, loss of reputation, past failures. Folks, confess your sin."

RC-Lisa Sproul

It never ceases to amaze me how this man can publicly disgrace himself time after time over the years but he never stops preaching, preaching that is to everyone but himself. Why won't he practice what he preaches?

When are you going to confess your sin, RC Jr, like the DUI you make vague reference to? Your drunk driving arrest was publicly "confessed" by stepping down from your positions at Ligonier Ministries "for personal reasons." And you call that a confession? What a load of crap! You and your buds at Ligonier let your fanboys post dozens of supportive messages on Ligonier's Facebook day after day, deliberately leaving everyone in the dark for as long as you possibly could. Yeah, so much for "confessing."When it was time to confess at your arraignment you pled "Not guilty."  Good job "confessing." I'm sure God was impressed.

The fact of the matter is RC Jr has evaded confessing anything about his DUI, not to mention years of drunkenness, alcohol abuse and drunk driving. His DUI was a very public sin, a public scandal in fact, made all the worse by driving blacked-out drunk with kids in the car. It's the kind of sin that calls not for private confession but a very public one. Why? because he's a public religious figure who made bank off the financial contributions of his supporters. Those supporters warranted his public confession. Making private confession only to God and his wife doesn't even come close to what's called for. Now after more than two years of ignoring his obligation to confess he's telling us, "Folks, confess your sin."

The magnitude of this man's mendacity boggles the mind. Something is seriously amiss with the way his brain functions.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I often listen to a Christian talk radio station for background while I crochet or cross-stitch.  Last night, I listened to a sermon by R.C. Sr.  He's still on, daily, more than a year after his passing, and probably will be for a long time to come.

It occurred to me that must just KILL Spanky's ego.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

It occurred to me that must just KILL Spanky's ego.  

He's had to live in his father's shadow his entire life and, as you point out, even with his father's passing he's still living in his father's shadow. RC Sr is a legend and RC Jr won't ever be able to live up to his dad's extraordinary reputation. Even best case scenario had RC Jr never had that DUI conviction, Ashley Madison scandal, the defrocking, and all the other scandals, he'd still be living in dad's shadow. So yes, that's got to be hard on his ego.

It just seems foolish of him to have gone down the same career path as his dad when dad was so immensely gifted and his son is a goof by comparison.  Jr should have pursued a totally different career where his competency, let alone his morals, weren't constantly being compared to dad. Not only did he foolishly choose his dad's profession he even foolishly chose to change his name from "Craig" to R.C. Sproul "Jr.", even though he and his dad don't share the same names. Talk about riding dad's coattails.

It's likely for some years RC Jr thought he'd be stepping in to take over Ligonier Ministries after his father's passing. That may have even been dad and mom's secret wish. RC Jr. never came close to matching dad's intellect but, had he kept his nose clean, he might have been able to serve as President or CEO of Ligonier and do an okay job of it. More than likely Lisa had the same idea in mind when she pursued RC Jr for... what was it again? Oh, yeah, "objective counsel."   Needless to say with all his scandals RC Jr will never work for Ligonier again, or any other ministry for that matter, in any capacity.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic