IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

Just now, DomWackTroll said:

They are trying to foster 4 kids (see comments): 

Good god. Surely child welfare services aren’t going to throw 4 vulnerable kids into this mess.

RC Jr has publicly advocated for the necessity of corporal punishment numerous times. (For children, he’s not so public about it for spouses).

He’s a (presumably) recovering alcoholic, who was caught driving drunk (possibly drugged) with kids in the car.

R.C Jr allowed a serial pedophile to stay in his home, resulting in at least one of his minor daughters being abused.

They don’t have a stable household income, and R.C. Jr was fired from his last job in less than a week.

They are feuding with their adult children and spraying it all over the internet. 

HOW could they be considered as foster caters? Is being white and presenting as middle class really all it takes? 

Apparently it’s not fostering.

The comments further down about “9 months being projected not implied” are confusing and make no sense in the context of the thread.

C7591DD6-C2BE-4874-952B-D0A9A86F1C48.png

• Upvote 7

Ha ha ha, reading through their Facebook - they had ONE person show up for their seminar on blending families.....  and she wanted to speak to Lisa, not R.C. Jr! That’s a big fall from the crowds Spanky used to pontificate to!

B8D79D7D-AF62-4EC8-B3A9-496F6925FD81.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

So... I'm confused. They are trying to adopt four kids, not foster them? 

Then those strange 9 month comments? Maybe they’re hoping to adopt from a pregnant mother? But that would be 1 baby..... it’s all very strange.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

36 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

So... I'm confused. They are trying to adopt four kids, not foster them? 

Just a mess these people are. 

Fostering, adopting...there HAS to be some financial benefit to them both, right???  Need to google how much their state pays to foster and/or adopt. 

Based up Lisa's daughter's post, if what she said about them is true, then there is NO way any other children should be placed into their care. If anything, someone should take the existing kids OUT of their care.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

In that case, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about what she said, so I won't.

Damn! Wouldn't you know? Off living my best life and look what happens.

Seriously, I do want to remind folks that it is permissible to relay information here from private sources (e.g., a private Instagram or FB account) in the form of paraphrasing

• Thank You 2

What @hoipolloi said. I'd just add that everything that has been publicly posted is fair game even when they change their mind and turn it to private, once public forever public.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

What @hoipolloi said. I'd just add that everything that has been publicly posted is fair game even when they change their mind and turn it to private, once public forever public.

Okay; I mean, I don't mind as long as I won't get in trouble with the mods. She alleged that they are hitting the kids with a belt up to ten times, and went on to say that it didn't surprise her because of her own childhood with Lisa as a mother. She also said the boys are not allowed to pee standing up, because it makes more cleaning work for Lisa. It was a long post, but she definitely said those two things. 

Oh, and then in the comments she posted a bizarre video of encountering Spanky and Lisa at a restaurant (Cracker Barrel?). Lisa was just standing there filming her with Spanky standing next to her. She said that before that happened, Spanky had walked over to their table, stopped, given them a weird chuckle, and moved on. 

Edited for grammar. 

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 13

17 hours ago, Howl said:

This is implying that Precious also has an opioid addiction or will simply do anything to get high (or both), so even more concerning.  If he's been into pills AND alcohol, I truly doubt that he's staying straight, clean and sober.  

I've been hearing stories for years of Spanky's drunken escapades, church keggers, spiking the kid's punch bowl with Everclear, etc. But a pill popper too? Incredible! Where does it end with this guy? Mixing pills and booze is incredibly reckless and dangerous. No wonder he completely blacked out and had no memory of the evening he was arrested. A .175 BAC only accounts for the alcohol, not the opioids in his system which could have easily made him twice as blasted. Pretty amazing he didn't wind up killing himself and the boys and maybe another family too.

If it'd come out in court that he wasn't just drunk but also high on stolen pills I seriously doubt he would've got off with just a suspended sentence.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Okay; I mean, I don't mind as long as I won't get in trouble with the mods. She alleged that they are hitting the kids with a belt up to ten times, and went on to say that it didn't surprise her because of her own childhood with Lisa as a mother. She also said the boys are not allowed to pee standing up, because it makes more cleaning work for Lisa. It was a long post, but she definitely said those two things. 

Oh, and then in the comments she posted a bizarre video of encountering Spanky and Lisa at a restaurant (Cracker Barrel?). Lisa was just standing there filming her with Spanky standing next to her. She said that before that happened, Spanky had walked over to their table, stopped, given them a weird chuckle, and moved on. 

Edited for grammar. 

I missed the comments. I wonder if that encounter unnerved her into making the post. And Lisa just stood there filming? Sounds like the luvving mama and step-dolt were trying to set her up, push her into losing it, and then post publicly to undermine her character and mental health status in light of anything she might be saying to friends.

woonaluna’s dad did something similar, filmed a video (or was it audio only?) with some of her siblings and put it online to try to paint her accusations of abuse as “crazy”. In her case, it backfired because it actually confirmed abuse (“yeah, mom threw a handful of silverware at me, but it was no big deal” or something like that), and the video was taken down fairly quickly.

I wouldn’t put it past them. Classic abuser move.

Edited by refugee
Wtf autocorrect?
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Edited for grammar. 

I didn’t think these two could get creepier. I misjudged. Pass the popcorn! This stuff needs to be brought to the light! 

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

She also said the boys are not allowed to pee standing up, because it makes more cleaning work for Lisa.

Logically "the boys" would include Spanky. Pretty funny that Lisa makes the author of The Biblical Tenets Of Patriarchy pee sitting down. In German parlance he'd be known as "sitzpinkler."

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

She also said the boys are not allowed to pee standing up, because it makes more cleaning work for Lisa.

Between this and the video Lisa posted of having the boys march around the living room for some dumb supposedly-curricular reason during "school," I'm so creeped out by her.  Yikes.  And that's on top of any physical abuse they may be subject to.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, lilith said:

R.C Jr allowed a serial pedophile to stay in his home, resulting in at least one of his minor daughters being abused.

Wut???

1 hour ago, stylites said:

Wut???

Darby recently posted on her social media that she had been a victim of Steven Sitler's. Steven Sitler was a student at RC Sproul Jr's Highlands Study Center the summer before he went to be a student at Doug Wilson's NSA. Sproul boarded the students in the basement of his home just down the hall from his children's bedrooms giving Sitler easy access to the Sproul children.

The Sitler coverup and its subsequent coming to light seems to be much different from the boozing coverup/normalizing. It falls in a different category.

The Sproul/Sitler whistleblower allegedly became informed of the matter around or after the time Sproul was defrocked in 2006. A few families left St. Peter at the time of the defrocking (apparently one of the three parishes left entirely) but many stayed. As I read it the whistleblower upon discovering that a serial pedophile had been in attendance the summer of 2003 confronted Sproul and demanded he inform his church. Sproul refused which left the whistleblower the sordid task of notifying everyone. Apparently a number of St. Peter parents left the church over the way Sproul covered it up. No doubt many felt shocked and disgusted, but for whatever reason said nothing publicly. However given Sproul's reputation at the time for being an authoritarian cult leader it's also possible parents felt very much afraid of speaking out. Threats of excommunication and church discipline were allegedly not uncommon.

Tragically pedophiles usually get a pass in the same way rapists do, and for often similar reasons. Both often get away with their predations for years and with multiple victims before justice is meted out. And even when they face their day in court the penalty may not prove much of a deterrent or keep the public safe by locking away the perp for very long (Sitler's life sentence later got reduced to a one-year slap on the wrist, in part thanks to Wilson's pleas for leniency). Victims may not be believed, or even if they are believed they may face challenges prosecuting their assailant, not to mention having to deal with the public stigma of being the victim of such a horrific and ugly crime. Things need to change.

For one thing statute of limitations laws on sex crimes need radical revision. For another thing parents need to stop thinking they're "protecting the children" by not seeking to prosecute their child's assailant. As well intentioned as that may be they're usually accomplishing no such thing, and just like the woman who refuses to prosecute her rapist, leaving him free to rape others and perhaps worse (rapists and pedophiles often go on to murder their victims), a parent's decision to not prosecute a pedophile means the pedo is left free to molest again and again.

Sproul should have returned the Latah County Prosecutor's calls so he could properly weigh his options, as well as have the benefit of the Prosecutor's knowledge of the extent of Sitler's predations. Instead he evaded and actively concealed. He also gave no consideration to the children of other families in his congregation who Sitler could have easily preyed on without Sproul's knowledge.

Sitler was in Virginia as a "student" of the Highlands Study Center, boarding at Sproul's house. That fact alone would have made all St. Peter families feel Sitler was safe. Allegedly it was Sitler's M.O. to offer parents to babysit their young children, leaving them alone with him for hours unsupervised. He would have had many families to choose from at St. Peter's. Sproul could have found out if he'd only taken one of the multiple calls placed to him by the Latah County Prosecutor. He acted very much like so many of the Catholic Bishops we hear of, or Doug Wilson for that matter, putting his reputation ahead of the well being of the children of his own church.

It's hard for me to imagine what his own children now think of the father that wouldn't even lift a finger (or a phone receiver) on their behalf to see justice done. Had he intervened on their behalf it's entirely possible Sitler would be in prison to this day, likely in Virginia, instead of just having served a one year sentence in the Latah County Idaho Hilton (as they call it). As it stands Sitler is a free and married man. He's molested his own baby son. That may have been prevented had Sproul taken action.

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 7

5 hours ago, Banyan said:

Logically "the boys" would include Spanky. Pretty funny that Lisa makes the author of The Biblical Tenets Of Patriarchy pee sitting down.

Can you imagine Denise suggestingdemanding this? And what Spanky's response would have been? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

55 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky has a new book coming out, and... 

Wow, Darby (I’m assuming) isn’t holding back!

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, lilith said:

Wow, Darby (I’m assuming) isn’t holding back! 

And Sproul daughter Erin Claire is the one who asked for the post to be published so she can share it.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky has a new book coming out, and... 

The comments on that post are telling. I feel so badly for Denise's kids. 

Went to the publisher's site and read a sample of his book: here. I see that FLOTSH is listed in the Contents as having written the Afterword. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Seems Spanks is trying to rehab his image and make a comeback, but is being thwarted at every turn.  Expect to see that book in the 50 cent bin by, oh, maybe July. 

And, eeeesh, I just noticed the foreward is written by  disgraced sleazebag, bullshitter, pumped up and tatted multiple-adulterer Tullian Tchividjian, who remarried and pronounced himself ready to begin pastoring again sooner than anyone thought appropriate or even possible, because, FOR GOD'S SAKE,  PEOPLE!, they've got to keep the cash flow coming in!  And of course Tullian wrote a book, because of course he did. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 2

Just when you think these guys can’t get any less Christ-like…

What are the comments on the “don’t buy this book”’ post saying?  I don’t think I’m on whatever social media that’s on.. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

I wonder if "estranged from all his family" includes Vesta. 

Interesting speculation.  I'm sure Senior's passing must have changed dynamics a bit. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic