IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

I just watched it. Maybe I’m getting soft in my old age but I thought that was a very thoughtful proposal.  A bit over the top, but that is how they do it!  

The lighthouse, the bike ride, the limousine, the cellist and the dance were all things Carlin loved or would enjoy. They genuinely seem like a good match to me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

What color is fade blue? I looked it up and came up short other than denim. I’m imagining it as an hombre type of dress or is it just a fancy term for light blue?

i haven’t watch this episode yet.

It was on the live pre-show that the family does right before the new episode airs.

Carlins words:

"My wedding colors are actually finally decided on, light blue. It's kinda like a - it's like a gray, whitish, really really faint blue. So it's not necessarily a sky blue. But I dunno. You'll see."

Then she goes on to agree with Whitney that is a neutral color.

I am guessing it is pale blue. I wonder if she'll have navy as an accent color or if she will go in a different direction.

Shame she could be saying this about a prom dress or spring formal. I think she would have done well in high school and/or a traditional college setting.

It's funny because I said to my husband, as we watched the engagement episode, that Carlin would have been such the sorority girl. He responded with some vehement truth that she still could be one. I'm like, dude ... you have NOT been paying attention to what goes on in this family, have ya? lol

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

I don’t get UP tv, and frankly I’m fine with that. Would love someone to share a clip of the dances. Also, would love one of the couples when asked about number of children to say they weren’t planning on having any, or saying “three maximum!”

• Upvote 1

Ugh..any suggestions on how I can watch it online? I used to be able to stream it through the On Demand with our cable, even though we didn't get the channel in our regular TV lineup. We moved to our new house, and finally got our DirectTV back and UP isn't in our lineup. I refuse to pay through the nose to add just ONE channel. I keep hunting for a way to watch it online but get nothing! 

The tune of the song Evan sang to invite her to Maine was definitely “Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” by Looking Glass, right?? It sounded so similar to me!! 

Sorry if this has already been brought up! (I searched but didn’t see it.) 

• Upvote 2

On 2/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, TeaELSee said:

What color is fade blue? I looked it up and came up short other than denim. I’m imagining it as an hombre type of dress or is it just a fancy term for light blue?

This is what I'm guessing she's going for, especially based on what's Pinterest-popular:

282e900ffe016d509e659bd4e77fdb94.jpg

2191408cb9176d52c1829f9461d6ac48.jpg

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Sorry, in this whole discussion, I keep thinking of Footloose. When Kevin Bacon shows up with the bible highlighted with all the dancing references.  

I keep thinking of MIchael's wedding and how totally conservative it was. The dress showing NOTHING. All of it down to T following the rules. And now Josie has a semi-sexy dress and Carlin is dancing.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

On 2/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, TeaELSee said:

I assume that was an autocorrect issue--but I would like to see Carlin in a hombre dress [would that be a tux? : )]  I hope that complementary colors to faded blue would be blush and bashful.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Poor Carlin is thirsty af and has to wait until May.

I thought the proposal was beautiful. I'm glad they got to go on a bike ride without chaperones (other than the camera and public)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I assume that was an autocorrect issue--but I would like to see Carlin in a hombre dress [would that be a tux? : )]  I hope that complementary colors to faded blue would be blush and bashful.

Nope!  I honestly thought it was spelled like that!  ?

• Upvote 2

I actually kind of like Carlins color palette, and I'm not always a fan of pale bridesmaids dresses. The Bates wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses are definitely getting more attractive. 

• Upvote 3

I am sick of all these staged wedding proposals. TLC puts them together, and the bride to be always acts surprised even though she knows she will be getting a proposal.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

My daughter is getting married in September and she has 6 bridesmaids. She is doing 3 shades of gray, two of each. The girls can pick whatever style they like as long as it's floor length. My sister in law is also getting married in the fall and she is doing something similar, only in a different color. I like this trend, as the bridesmaid can actually have some say in her dress. My youngest is wearing hers to prom, she likes it so much. 

• Upvote 8

My bridesmaids all have the same color dress & floor length but are choosing their own style! I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to go on a diet to fit in something / my friends all have wildly different measurements. Everyone picked the silhouette and neckline they liked the best for themselves. 

• Upvote 7

My two bridesmaids wore floor-length, dark green dresses. They got to pick their silhouette and neckline. It's definitely good to give your bridesmaids some leeway. @fluffernutter, I love all shades of grey. I think this is one time where different colors really work. Those bridesmaids will be stunning. 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My daughter is getting married in September and she has 6 bridesmaids. She is doing 3 shades of gray, two of each. The girls can pick whatever style they like as long as it's floor length. My sister in law is also getting married in the fall and she is doing something similar, only in a different color. I like this trend, as the bridesmaid can actually have some say in her dress. My youngest is wearing hers to prom, she likes it so much. 

My sister and I both did something similar for our weddings. We selected the color and material of the dresses (light grey chiffon for my sister and cobalt chiffon for me), but our Bridesmaids got to decide on the length (all knee length for my sister and both long for me) and style they liked best. My sister requested we all wear grey shoes and provided earrings for us to wear - I requested my Bridesmaids just wear whatever they liked and felt most comfortable in. I think both wedding parties ended up looking pretty nice. Your daughter’s wedding sounds like it’s going to be beautiful! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Re the dancing: I wonder if she'll have a reception where everyone can get up and dance (if they want to, they can leave their friends behind). Maybe just some waltzes and clean country music, not Lil Jon or anything like that, but I am not on board with a wedding reception where you have to sit there watching the bride awkwardly sway back and forth and stare at her dad/husband for 8 minutes, and then no dancing for you. 

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

get up and dance (if they want to, they can leave their friends behind) to a tune that was a hit before your mother was born...

This song is now stuck in my head, thank you very much, @nastyhobbitses  (but as far as earworms go, this one isn't bad... it just won't stop)

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Taryn’s soft glow has somehow only gotten worse.

9A9B544F-BAF4-44F6-B42A-FB1CAF898835.jpeg

It's actually ridiculous. Carlin doesn't even look human.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 14

I didn't think it was possible but here it goes even worst! How can'the they see how ridiculus is all this glow? Bah

• Upvote 9

I guess these pictures confirm the faded blue wedding colors.

While it's generally annoying how short fundie engagements are, I almost wish theirs was a tad shorter so we wouldn't have endless social media posts. 100 days then it'll be 2 months, 1 month, much less any showers and other pre-engagement activities. Ugh.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It's actually ridiculous. Carlin doesn't even look human.

You have to squint to make out that she has a nose. 

I really don't get it. I understood the old Barbara Walter's gel lighting to make her look younger, but these are with two people in their early twenties who have no wrinkles and seem to have great skin. What's the point of this?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

You have to squint to make out that she has a nose. 

I really don't get it. I understood the old Barbara Walter's gel lighting to make her look younger, but these are with two people in their early twenties who have no wrinkles and seem to have great skin. What's the point of this?

I was thinking Cybill Shepard would have loved this ...same premise. 

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

I guess these pictures confirm the faded blue wedding colors.

While it's generally annoying how short fundie engagements are, I almost wish theirs was a tad shorter so we wouldn't have endless social media posts. 100 days then it'll be 2 months, 1 month, much less any showers and other pre-engagement activities. Ugh.

Tbf you aren’t required to look at their social media stuff or care about their engagement.  

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Taryn’s soft glow has somehow only gotten worse.

9A9B544F-BAF4-44F6-B42A-FB1CAF898835.jpeg

Taryn made them look like (Twilight) vampires. Do they sparkle in the sun?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic