IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

14 minutes ago, Markie said:

I think David Waller would be a better dancer than David Rodrigues. 

Right now I'm picturing both of them doing the floss. ?

Edited by mollysmom
I called it the wrong name
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/26/2019 at 7:57 PM, Markie said:

I think David Waller would be a better dancer than David Rodrigues. 

I agree! I picture David Waller as one of those dorky guys who wouldn't get off the floor. I cannot picture David Rodrigues dancing at all. He looks too lazy

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

When the producers asked Jeb and Judson who danced in the family, they said no one. But then they said they dance while Dabbing. ?I really do wonder about this family sometimes. It was a cute moment. Then I had to remember (that in) a few short years what they say out their mouths won't be so funny anymore. It will be terrifying. So there's that.

Also, kudos to Carlin admitting she had a physical reaction while thinking about Evan's post surprise hug. Too bad she only had about 8 more or so, at that point, to fully explore what it's all about.lol Lawson's response in to her was priceless. Straight face.

Anyhow, I will admit Evan does romantic gestures well. It seems to light up her whole world.

• Upvote 7

Just now, VelociRapture said:

1D902EBE-6638-40E4-AB29-C06B66E1045F.thumb.png.0cb5edeeb15576676d7b29a14213f366.png

Ten bucks says this was an anti-abortion sermon. :pb_rollseyes:

Anti-abortion sermon, or thrash metal band album. Its a toss up. 

So, some Bates were in New York City this weekend--do we think it was for Carlin to pick out her wedding dress?

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So, some Bates were in New York City this weekend--do we think it was for Carlin to pick out her wedding dress?

I would imagine so! 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

They commented that Carlin wanted everyone (meaning she invited the guys too) to the wedding dress picking, so makes sense!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

They commented that Carlin wanted everyone (meaning she invited the guys too) to the wedding dress picking, so makes sense!

Why am I not surprised that Carlin wanted as big of an audience as possible for her wedding dress shopping?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Haha 20

I think UP must have been filming Carlin's super extra spechul wedding dress NewYorkCityomgshoppingextravaganza, or she would be posing and preening in Times Square on Instagram, just like bro Lawson.

#Jesuslovesthemall

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

On 1/24/2019 at 12:45 AM, TatiFish9 said:

The thing that has always pissed me off about 1st gen fundies is that they got to live their lives, have all the fun of youth yet turn around and snatch that away from their children. I understand from their perspective they're protecting their children from the evils of the world. However, if a child/teen stumbles or wants to enjoy innocent yet "wordly" activities that most youth want to enjoy, they are criticized, backlashed and guilted out of the desire. It is a disheartening aspect of growing up fundie. How dare you supress your kids, then turn around and say, "Michelle danced", "I listened to rock."

Yeah, and no one was around to stop your or make you feel terrible about it!

I am completely shocked Gill and Kelly are allowing this. But the fact that they admitted Zach kissed Whitney before marriage makes me think they really do allow their children to have some say so in their courting practices. So Carlin is at the enagagement level. They will not stop her from a dance because she will be on her own soon. Interesting, indeed.

Also, after Michaela bold stance it seems like all the courters added hugging with no problem. I will say Gilly Jo are smart in that they at least appear to learn from parenting mistakes. I wonder if the same can be said for the Duggars.

Also, for all their youthful missteps and dalliances, Gill, KJ, JB and Michelle have each gone on to seemingly live successful and godly lives, right? So why can’t their kids have the appropriate development experiences that help to mold and create a successful adult who can engage and contribute to the world at large?  Instead they have, for the most part, unleashed ill- prepared and immature people into society.

• Upvote 8

Would someone summarize what’s going on re: Carlin and dancing? ? It sounds like they talked about on an episode why they don’t dance, and that Kelly jo and Gil STILL feel that dancing is wrong, but they’re planning to let Catlin and Evan dance at their engagement bc she’s always wanted to?  Is that right? Or do they have to wait for the wedding? I’m so fascinated by this one. I wish they could show the duggars at the wedding. I want to see their reactions/if they’ll dance. If they even have open dancing - maybe it’ll just be a daddy/daughter dance and a first dance and then the dancing will end.  Have we seen Whitney’s vow renewal yet? Was there def no dancing there?

Anxiously signed,

someone who always spends the entire reception dancing 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

On 1/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, Anna Bolinas said:

Guess it's been a while since I've thought about Biblical David because when I read this, I was like, "Why is David Rodrigues being brought up in this thread?"

imagining DRod dancing gives me fits of giggles.

• Upvote 1

@picklepizzas So Carlin made an Instagram post of having a father's daughter's dance since she said she was picking songs.  They did a little dance at the engagement too. (Also same about dancing all the time on the dancefloor even though I'm not the greatest!)

Also I totally thought they were going to kiss multiple times throughout this episode. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I guess the Bates daughters have moved on up past Miss Renee's bridal creations in Kentucky? 

@Granwych  If I recall, David did (sorta) dance when they had their vow renewal.  It was more like swaying while the kids danced around them.  There may have been a dip too.  :o      

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Carlin update from last night live:

- she is graduating in May

- not sure yet where she and Evan will live after they married

- wedding color will be fade blue 

- she will have father/doughter dance at the wedding and also she and Evan will have a first dance 

- question how many kids she and Evan wants made her nervous and did not mention God at all. She said not 20, but something double less. I think after haveing 4 or 5 she will cut currient 10 at half. :D

Edited by miss_batson
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

The stupid girly part of my heart kept thinking how sweet and romantic the proposal was.... the logical part kept thinking how sad it was that they couldn't kiss or be alone without being reminded about chaperones and crap!

edited to say, those bates girls are beautiful!!!

Edited by Andrea
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Carlin update from last night live:

- she is graduating in May

- not sure yet where she and Evan will live after they married

It's February--I'd be a bit nervous if I were getting married in 4 months and didn't have housing arrangements nailed down.  I hope this is just a way of saying that they are going to rent an apartment in the Nashville area but haven't signed a lease yet.

PS Carlin just said "see you Saturday" in an Instagram comment to Taryn Yager, queen of blurry mummy babies. So if some of the Bates bros are off bothering Catholics in the Philippines, Carlin isn't with them.  I wonder if Taryn is doing a photo shoot with the future Mr and Mrs Fundie Zoolander?

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 11

Last night's episode about Carlin's engagement was just too much. She is so over the top with her emotions and acted surprised about everything even though she knew a proposal was coming. I ended up fast forwarding through the last 10 minutes because I couldn't take her endless shrieking and surprised looks about every little thing. Evan is somewhat annoying too, but I'm completely done with Carlin. She is going to be one obnoxious bride.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Carlin confirmed that she and Gill will dance to "I Loved Her First" at her wedding.

Unlike "Butterfly Kisses", I have no idea what this song is or what it means, but I am glad to see they have decided to go full steam ahead with this plan. I can not believe it. lol

@picklepizzas I am where you are with all of this. Evan also seems apprehensive about this dance stuff, but he is doing it for his woman. I wonder if Carlin will get formal lessons. Would be my advice. If you're going to do something big, do it all the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Carlin confirmed that she and Gill will dance to "I Loved Her First" at her wedding.

Unlike "Butterfly Kisses", I have no idea what this song is or what it means, but I am glad to see they have decided to go full steam ahead with this plan. I can not believe it. lol

@picklepizzas I am where you are with all of this. Evan also seems apprehensive about this dance stuff, but he is doing it for his woman. I wonder if Carlin will get formal lessons. Would be my advice. If you're going to do something big, do it all the way.

Oh god I *do* know that song; one of my friends used that for her father daughter dance and it was a Tear Jerker. Everyone at the reception was crying after that one. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Oh god I *do* know that song; one of my friends used that for her father daughter dance and it was a Tear Jerker. Everyone at the reception was crying after that one. 

Oh, man. I gotta look it up now.

You know, despite her big personality, Carlin seems to have a tender heart. I guess it isn't suprising that she would go for a tear jerker. If I remember correctly , early in the tv Duggar days, they had an episode where Erin was preparing to get married. I remember Carlin crying because she was going to miss Erin so much. I know Erin was her sister twin/buddy/mom... but still, Erin was going to be just down the way. I do believe Carlin has an extremely soft side to her. I think she also boohoo'd when the kids did a dedication to Kelly. I wonder if she's so boisterous (for lack of a better word) to mask her sensitivity.

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Oh, man. I gotta look it up now.

You know, despite her big personality, Carlin seems to have a tender heart. I guess it isn't suprising that she would go for a tear jerker. If I remember correctly , early in the tv Duggar days, they had an episode where Erin was preparing to get married. I remember Carlin crying because she was going to miss Erin so much. I know Erin was her sister twin/buddy/mom... but still, Erin was going to be just down the way. I do believe Carlin has an extremely soft side to her. I think she also boohoo'd when the kids did a dedication to Kelly. I wonder if she's so boisterous (for lack of a better word) to mask her sensitivity.

She does that at every wedding. I wish I thought it was genuine. I think it's just crying for attention and the camera. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

What color is fade blue? I looked it up and came up short other than denim. I’m imagining it as an hombre type of dress or is it just a fancy term for light blue?

i haven’t watch this episode yet.

• Upvote 5

I can’t believe she’s going to dance at her wedding. Twice. To a secular song. ? Is this going to start an official fundie trend??? I can’t imagine the Duggars being on board with this after making such a big deal about not dancing. No dancing is a pretty hard line among Southern Baptists, even those who are much less fundie than these quiverfull folks.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic