IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

41 minutes ago, llucie said:

but they didnt even show the real Kelton and Josie honeymoon trip on the showbut a staged one, so surely UpTv is not paying for a trip they are not going to show.

But I doubt Gil and Kelly payed for it either. 

I think the weddings will be like Erin's where they are just a big church wedding. That will be enough to keep them looking good but won't cost them too much money. 

I'm sure Gil has managed to nab some of the IBLP money even if it is like Gothard did by getting IBLP to pay for all the travel expenses. Gil and Kelly are grifting experts, no way they could be around that much money and not figure out a way to get some for themselves. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, llucie said:

He did but it was a small old building, now its brand new and a lot bigger, more people in the church means more money. Also surely they are paying the family for all the conferences and stuff they do.

I used to think that UPTv was paying for the honeymoon trips but they didnt even show the real Kelton and Josie honeymoon trip on the showbut a staged one, so surely UpTv is not paying for a trip they are not going to show.

To be honest i dont think they will be back to the shitty weddings, the Bateses are all about apearences now, and that wouldnt look good.

The old church was in a mall.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Did Carlin mention that the damn dress she is promoting is named after her?

https://mountainaireboutique.com/collections/new/products/the-carlin

This is just so very extra, I can't even.

I am not sure if she mentioned that but a follower did. I could only handle a few line of that fawning mess.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The old church was in a mall.

But after that they had another one that was in the countryside, a very small one that didnt even look like a church, because i remember looking it in google maps. I think its where they first did the add on an when they outgrew that too, they redo it bigger.

Edited by llucie

I thought the first church was at a Holiday Inn?

• I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I thought the first church was at a Holiday Inn?

I dont know about the first church, when i started to follow them they already had the small church that was an independent building and i am pretty sure its the one they were remodeling because their congregation grew a lot.

That was perhaps the third location.  IIRC they began in the Holiday Inn conference room, moved to the perhaps shopping center, strip mall, industrial area location, and then finally the church building which after a time was remodeled (if they've finished).  

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

That was perhaps the third location.  IIRC they began in the Holiday Inn conference room, moved to the perhaps shopping center, strip mall, industrial area location, and then finally the church building which after a time was remodeled (if they've finished).  

In one of the last lives Gil explained that the remodelation work took so much time (seems like it has been going for ever lol) because once they finished with it they have already outgrew it again so they decided to make it bigger. But seems its almost finished now. To be honest i am curious about what type of preacher is Gil, a shame he doesnt post his sermons like the PP.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else see the live chat where Gil let Carlin’s wedding location out of the bag? It’s Castleton Farms BTW. Carlin is worried about lots of people turning up. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. Checking their website out, and if I recall correctly that BM’s dresses are lightish blue perhaps she was inspired by this?IMG_3526.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, llucie said:

To be honest i am curious about what type of preacher is Gil, a shame he doesnt post his sermons like the PP.

Spoiler

From the bit I watched of the second one it seems the Bates family harassed people in Walmart who looked like they were unsaved. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

From the bit I watched of the second one it seems the Bates family harassed people in Walmart who looked like they were unsaved.

I'd immediately make a beeline for the condoms and loudly ask the pharmacist about Plan B availability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, HavetheyheardofBeyonce said:

Did anyone else see the live chat where Gil let Carlin’s wedding location out of the bag? It’s Castleton Farms BTW. Carlin is worried about lots of people turning up. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. Checking their website out

That looks like a nice venue, it is an hour from Rocky Top so she must have had this place in mind from another experience or word of mouth.  They have 4 very different settings/looks available.  

I’m going to guess they are going with the southern gardens venue, it is very pretty. 

Edited by TeaELSee

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

FG, aren't these IBLP churches mostly "home" churches and not traditional churches with tithing, etc?

I went down a rabbit hole on her wedding site, UP must be paying for the venue so they can film. It is a very expensive place to have a wedding.  I found a discussion about it from 2012 for 200 people. The price then was 9k and that didn’t include food, flowers and a lot of other expenses.

Carlin’s venue discussion

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

FG, aren't these IBLP churches mostly "home" churches and not traditional churches with tithing, etc?

I'm not really sure what the churches are now. When I was in IBLP the whole home church thing wasn't big yet so most attended a real church. Gil's church seems to be one of those family integrated churches that is also IFB. 

Gil does have a couple sermons on the church website, but it looks like he has removed most of them. 

It looks like Gil even managed to grift the building of his church. The church is on the list of churches worked on by Carpenters for Christ and organization that sends men to build churches. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I went down a rabbit hole on her wedding site, UP must be paying for the venue so they can film. It is a very expensive place to have a wedding.  I found a discussion about it from 2012 for 200 people. The price then was 9k and that didn’t include food, flowers and a lot of other expenses.

Carlin’s venue discussion

Of course they are. Anyone who does not realize that does not understand reality TV. Thanks for checking!

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

The price then was 9k and that didn’t include food, flowers and a lot of other expenses.

No way Gil and Kelly would pay for a wedding like this! I guess weddings are the main draw of the show so UP pours a lot of money into them. 

• Upvote 6

Oh yeah, UP will foot the bill for this wedding. No way in hell will Gil fork over that kind of money. Nope. Ain't gonna happen.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

could be wrong but wasn’t Whitney’s vow renewal at Castleton Farms?

I looked it up and it was at Hunter Valley Farm.  I don’t think it was quite as posh as this place.

I take that back, it isn’t cheap. Over 7k starting price for 100 guests. Ok, I have to edit again. This is misleading, it includes everything. The venue is closer to 3k.

Hunter Valley discussion

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 4

Yeah, 9 k just for the venue alone is pretty pricey. I second the notion that Carlin will drop most all pretense of modesty standards once she gets married. I saw a form fitting wedding dress that had a detachable skirt overlay. I thought, perfect for Carlin. A dramatic long skirt for pictures and the ceremony. Then a form-fitting number for the reception, especially as Carlin strikes me as the fundie bride most likely to wear two dresses to her wedding. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a thought
  • Upvote 4

To whoever it was that saw the Facebook Live as it happened, was finding a venue the "answered prayer" that Gil talked about? Maybe they got a discount? Admittedly that makes no sense since late May is the height of wedding season.

4 hours ago, albireo said:

To whoever it was that saw the Facebook Live as it happened, was finding a venue the "answered prayer" that Gil talked about? Maybe they got a discount? Admittedly that makes no sense since late May is the height of wedding season.

Maybe the venue reduced the cost in exchange for a certain amount of advertising/plugs on the show? 

• Upvote 5

The place looks fantastic. It has a lot of fancy tables that would be a shame not to use with real reception food. Can you imagine Carlin serving an actual meal at her wedding? Now that would be an improvement.

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

Maybe the venue reduced the cost in exchange for a certain amount of advertising/plugs on the show? 

I think that is very likely. Even if UP is a fourth or fifth tier network, Castleton Farms will still be thrilled to be broadcast nationwide, and probably also get mention in some local news writeups, People magazine, etc.

PS Lets not forget that Bates weddings are dry-- you save A LOT of money by not serving alcohol.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic