IGNORED

The Midterms: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Destiny

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Kansas also elected Sharice Davids(D) to the House. A Native American and openly lesbian woman. 

I never thought Dems had the chance at the Senate, but I do thing they will get the House. 

Michigan flipped Democratic for governor too! 

Did some checking on that Kansas race.  That is Kansa 3rd I think.  She’s running against Yoder.  That is suburban Kansa side of Kansas City.  While Wyandotte county is dem, Johnson county is old school republican (meaning the moderates get annoyed if someone is too far right and vote dem.  And you know who couldn’t win that district?  Kobach.  Incumbent dem Moore trounced him.)

I am especially happy to see Scott Walker gone!

An inspiring perspective. It is easy to get hung up on the loss. Hoping for great things from Beto in the future. 

And YES for all these Dem Govs...who can be instrumental in redistricting, like we've witnessed recently in PA!

I'm pleased to see Tom Wolf held on to the governorship of Pennsylvania. He's a good man. I sort of wish he'd run for president.

Just now, SassyPants said:

And YES for all these Dem Govs...who can be instrumental in redistricting, like we've witnessed recently in PA!

Yes!

Yes, it's disappointing that Cruz won, but a Democrat winning in Texas was an incredibly long shot and the fact that it was so close is amazing.

I don't see how the House is already being called for the Democrats. Maybe because CNN is reporting more sure things than seeing all the votes stream in?

i'm trying to hold onto hope for NY's 27th district; it's not even mine (i'm in the 26th, and Brian Higgins-D is projected with 81%).  Incumbent Chris Collins is a Trump-humper who was arrested for insider trading a few months ago, but a loophole allowed him to stay on the ballot.   less than half of the precincts are in, and the NY Times site i'm looking at has been wavering between him and Nate McMurray-D for the last 15 minutes.  

Just now, neurogirl said:

I don't see how the House is already being called for the Democrats. Maybe because CNN is reporting more sure things than seeing all the votes stream in?

I think CNN is stretching it out.

Obviously, some races have been being called early on night. For ex. Kaine in VA was losing with less than 1/3 of the vote in when he was declared the winner. Not sure how that all works.

Well, no big blue wave in Alabama.[emoji849][emoji3525] Kay Ivey ® will remain Governor, and Mo Brooks ® remains U.S. Congressman for my district. I'm not surprised. This is Talibama after all.[emoji849][emoji3525]

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

Well, no big blue wave in Alabama.emoji849.pngemoji3525.png Kay Ivey ® will remain Governor, and Mo Brooks ® remains U.S. Congressman for my district. I'm not surprised. This is Talibama after all.emoji849.pngemoji3525.png

How old is Ivey?

Okay, universe, if I can't have Beto, can I at least have this? King needs to go. Please, universe, I need this. 

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Okay, universe, if I can't have Beto, can I at least have this? King needs to go. Please, universe, I need this. 

YES. I'm not in his district, but he needs to GO. That is the closest race I've seen in Iowa so far, which makes me nervous. 

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maryland is still seeing Red for governor. ? 

1 minute ago, Ticklish said:

YES. I'm not in his district, but he needs to GO. That is the closest race I've seen in Iowa so far, which makes me nervous. 

I've never even been to his state, but I want him GONE.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I've never even been to his state, but I want him GONE.

Most of his state does too. He's only popular in his own district. Everyone else is ashamed of him. A local t shirt business has a best selling t shirt that says "Sorry for Steve King" ?

Just now, Ticklish said:

Most of his state does too. He's only popular in his own district. Everyone else is ashamed of him. A local t shirt business has a best selling t shirt that says "Sorry for Steve King" ?

Is there any hope for the universe to meet my need? I haven't paid enough attention, obviously.

Oh, Beto, no. No, no, no, no, no.

All hope is lost in nebraska except district 2. Sarpy Co is nearly 85% counted, they're less populated, with majority going to Bacon. Douglas Co, Omaha itself is mostly for Kara Eastman and not quite 70% counted. Black votes and Latino votes matter, here is to hoping North O and South O aren't all counted yet. Oh, please, Rufus!

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Is there any hope for the universe to meet my need? I haven't paid enough attention, obviously.

Iowa isn't exactly a power player so I don't blame people for not following. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be booted this time. Voter turn out was huge in Iowa today. Friends of mine who never vote in midterms or who vote independent were out voting blue today. So yes, there's a chance!

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm in a foul depressed mood right now and don't have patience for people who are helping the GOP destroy America. 

Politics is about compromise. Republicans used to understand this and work deals to move government forward. The folks who make up the rethuglican party now have completely discarded this principle and bear no resemblance to the republicans of the past. But the democrats taking the house by more seats than expected is a really good thing. They can make  a lot of trouble for the asshole in chief and keep the country from being destroyed, for now. If not for this, I would be ready to leave this shithole.

• Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived