IGNORED

The Midterms: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Destiny

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in Iowa Rod Blum couldn't even be bothered to show up for what the GOP was hoping would be their victory lap;

Blum could not be reached for comment. To the surprise of many supporters, he did not appear at an event at Trackside Bar & Grill in Peosta, Iowa, where he was set to appear with several fellow Republicans.

His staffers provided a range of explanations for his absence, including that his wife had the stomach flu and that he had been surprised at home earlier in the day by a visit from his grandson.

You know if this had gone the other way and Abby decided not to show up at her party following a defeat Bum and every other fornicate stick Republican would be out there attacking her as a sore loser, emotional, etc...

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Sessions just resigned as AG. 

Actually, he was fired. He was asked to resign.

I will never regret choosing to be a part of our political process, even when the results don't turn out exactly as I'd hoped. We got control of the House, and that's something we should definitely celebrate!

Beto not winning was a disappointment. I'd hoped that the bluer areas in Texas could make up for the redder areas like mine, but no dice.

I'll be okay, I just need a little time. Hard candy Christmas and all that jazz.

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Don't turn on the TV- CNN shows one thing and FOX something completely different. Same races, same % of vote counted. And how can Kaine be declared the winner in VA when he is behind and only 1% of the vote is in? 

Because at that point, the only votes that had been counted were from small ruby red counties. The large, highly populated areas hadn't been counted at all at that point and Kaine was a shoo-in in those areas.

14 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I feel like it is time for some new leadership within the Democratic party. Long past time actually. But strong leaders like Pelosi and Feinstein should still be respected as strong leaders within the party if that makes sense. Hopefully in the coming years the party will grow and new leaders will emerge naturally as part of the process.

I'm an older person and believe that experience is so very important, however, I feel that Pelosi, Schumer, and the other long-serving Dem leaders should be mentoring the next generation of leaders to ensure a smooth hand-off.

11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So the Dems have the House. That means Mueller is safe.

Dumpy can still fire Rosenstein. That would endanger Mueller.

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So the plan is to fire Mueller before the Dems take over the House? 

I'm going to say yes. This afternoon it must have really set in how bad things are and he has lost it. I'm just surprised Sessions actually gave in and resigned. 

Things are only going to get more crazy from here on. 

Everyone send your signs to the printer and pull your comfy shoes out! 

Or you know, the new guy will just sort of help the investigation fizzle. UGH. 

39 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Dumpy can still fire Rosenstein. That would endanger Mueller.

Yes, that could happen. And if worst comes to worse, Mueller could be fired before the end of the year. 

However, even if that were to happen, as soon as it's January and the new House is installed (or whatever it's called), the Dems can instate a new Special Counsel.

36 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm going to say yes. This afternoon it must have really set in how bad things are and he has lost it. I'm just surprised Sessions actually gave in and resigned. 

Things are only going to get more crazy from here on. 

What?! Sessions resigned? :pb_surprised:

Just now, fraurosena said:

Yes, that could happen. And if worst comes to worse, Mueller could be fired before the end of the year. 

What?! Sessions resigned? :pb_surprised:

He submitted a letter of resignation.

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

He submitted a letter of resignation.

I just found the letter and posted it in the other thread. It's not dated... 

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Hello fellow Delawarean :greetings-waveyellow:  It was a good day here, for sure.  Still, I cannot believe that almost 125,000 vote for (our) Scott Walker.

I'd like to know how many trees from Claymont to Delmar he defaced with those homemade signs.

Do which races are still too close to call?

Georgia Governor- Probably a long shot at this point but Abrams still may be able to pull off a runoff election

Arizona Senate race- McSally has a slight lead but still almost 500,000 uncounted ballots last I heard.

Anyone have any updates on either of those? Or other close races?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rouda even though it's not my district ( I'm in the far flying reaches of Maxine...the new chair of the House Financial Committee). I detest Rohrabacher. He's another disgrace. I didn't realize the House cut off his travel budget after his trips to Russia. Wonder who paid for his trip to Austria?

42 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Do which races are still too close to call?

Georgia Governor- Probably a long shot at this point but Abrams still may be able to pull off a runoff election

Arizona Senate race- McSally has a slight lead but still almost 500,000 uncounted ballots last I heard.

Anyone have any updates on either of those? Or other close races?

I think the FL Gov and Senate races are still too close.

Looks like possible recounts here in Florida for the Senate, Governor, and Commissioner of Agriculture races.

• Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived