IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

Forgive me if this was already posted here.  

Looks like Jair Willis (Jeremiah - oldest boy, second of the Willis kids) got engaged some time ago (6 months maybe).  She appears to be Lexi Seymour.  (he had an earlier broken courtship/engagement that was on their show)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Looks like Jair Willis (Jeremiah - oldest boy, second of the Willis kids) got engaged some time ago (6 months maybe).  She appears to be Lexi Seymour.  (he had an earlier broken courtship/engagement that was on their show)

Yeah, @JermajestyDuggar posted it about a month ago.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, clueliss said:

https://www.weddingwire.us/website/lexi-marie-seymour-and-jeremiah-scott-willis

They're getting married April 20th.

• Thank You 2

Brielle Paine and Samuel David Hardy are engaged. It was on Brownsphotoart Instagram. I thought they were on our courtship list but not there anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Just now, justmy2cents said:

Brielle Paine and Samuel David Hardy are engaged. It was on Brownsphotoart Instagram. I thought they were on our courtship list but not there anymore.

People had been speculating about them but the relationship hadn’t been confirmed so I never put them on the list.

• Upvote 2

Just going by the most recent family picture, both Abby and Brielle are in relationships. I don’t know who Abby is dating though. The 3 youngest boys are the only single ones left in the Paine family. Johnny is still underage too.

0FBEF52E-22E9-40A3-8E78-1E541B39650A.jpeg

• Upvote 3

On 2/16/2019 at 4:20 AM, Aine said:

I know they are their own weird kind of 'fundie' compared to the majority we discuss here but it made me smile with true joy to come onto this thread and see that announcement- said with such love and pride and happiness for the couple- compared to how that would be not talked about and probably even denied by most of the families in this thread. 

The Browns have their issues but this made me happy :) 

I wish Mariah and Audrey all the happiness in the world!

Seeing their engagement being announced and accepted by the family is refreshing when it comes to fundie family's. Other family's we discuss on here would have disowned her and would be ignoring the fact they are engaged.

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Susanna Keller is engaged, again.

hope this one works out for her 

Do you know if she’s still with Keegan Perry or is this someone new?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

How many times has Susannah been engaged now? Three?

I don’t know if she was engaged to her daughter’s father. But she was engaged to her long time boyfriend a couple years ago. I believe his name was Matt. They were together for awhile. After they broke up, it seems she dated a few guys but I don’t remember her being engaged to them. 

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know if she was engaged to her daughter’s father. But she was engaged to her long time boyfriend a couple years ago. I believe his name was Matt. They were together for awhile. After they broke up, it seems she dated a few guys but I don’t remember her being engaged to them. 

I feel like there was another third time. A guy with a daughter about Noelle's age? Or is that Matt?

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I feel like there was another third time. A guy with a daughter about Noelle's age? Or is that Matt?

I believe Matt also had a daughter. I think she was a little older than Noelle. I know practically nothing about Noelle’s dad so I don’t know if they were ever engaged. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

@anjulibai @JermajestyDuggar By my count this is her third engagement. First was Nick Woodard, they got engaged in October 2011 and split up by March 2012. 

I’m pretty sure Jonathan is Noelle’s father, they were Facebook official on June 17, 2012 with the pregnancy confirmed June 19, they had split by January when Noelle was born and Suze was living with Rebecca in Texas.

Second was Matt Davis, they were engaged January 20, 2017 but split before Christmas 2017 when she went on a triple date with Keegan Perry, Priscilla and David and Anna and Josh.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

On 3/19/2019 at 4:43 AM, Timetraveler said:

I still cringe seeing Tabitha with that creep.

At least we now know that she is alive and well......

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

@anjulibai @JermajestyDuggar By my count this is her third engagement. First was Nick Woodard, they got engaged in October 2011 and split up by March 2012. 

I’m pretty sure Jonathan is Noelle’s father, they were Facebook official on June 17, 2012 with the pregnancy confirmed June 19, they had split by January when Noelle was born and Suze was living with Rebecca in Texas.

Second was Matt Davis, they were engaged January 20, 2017 but split before Christmas 2017 when she went on a triple date with Keegan Perry, Priscilla and David and Anna and Josh.

I wonder what keeps happening. Is she just picking jerks? Are she and her boyfriends just jumping the gun on their relationships and getting engaged before they really know each other? It just seems rather strange to me. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder what keeps happening. Is she just picking jerks? Are she and her boyfriends just jumping the gun on their relationships and getting engaged before they really know each other? It just seems rather strange to me. 

It doesn’t seem that strange to me. She’s choosing mostly non-fundie guys. She’s not fundie anymore but some of the beliefs that were drilled into her are still there. I think she still really wants to be married. Especially since she is a single mom. In her family, getting married is the best thing to happen to her. So she has a father for her daughter and a headship. She may not believe in a lot of the fundie stuff anymore, but I bet she wants the “happily ever after.” So she’s jumping into these relationships quickly and they move fast like the fundie relationships she’s witnessed. You can see on FB that some fundies likes and congratulated her post. They all want her married. I just feel bad that her daughter doesn’t seem to have much stability when it comes to those guys. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She's also in the South where it's more common for people to get married young (and also get divorced - divorce rates are much higher for people who get married in their late teens and early 20s). She's only 26 after all. It's probably true that her boyfriends jumped the gun and proposed too soon instead of taking the time to know each other. Perhaps this was compounded by the fact that she has a daughter so they wanted to prove they were going to stick around. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Probably a mix of being codependent along with the lingering normalization of Fundie quick engagements. But yeah, it's always strange to me when people don't learn from their relationship mistakes and just keep making the same ones over and over again. I know a woman who still repeats this pattern at 40 and with two kids. Like...maybe try out something new here?

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Probably a mix of being codependent along with the lingering normalization of Fundie quick engagements. But yeah, it's always strange to me when people don't learn from their relationship mistakes and just keep making the same ones over and over again. I know a woman who still repeats this pattern at 40 and with two kids. Like...maybe try out something new here?

Or even just stay single for awhile! I’m always sad when people think they need a significant other to feel complete. I honestly love being alone now that I’m older. I wish I was alone more often! ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic