IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

On 5/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or Jana. 

I don't know, I have a feeling Jana won't be single much longer, I mean John is married, the oldest kid at home are the twins, Josie is almost 10 I can see her deciding that now is an okay time to go. I hope if she does though she really finds someone that loves her and not just whatever JB throws at her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 4/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, TeaELSee said:

He’s the oldest son right?  He always made me feel uneasy on their TV show, the family would often refer to his anger issues. I hope he got counseling and help after his horrible father was arrested.  Were any of his brothers in the wedding party?

I'd bet his anger issues were connected to his father being an abusive fuck.  If he was witnessing abuse, AND having to play perfect family on TV, AND being manipulated at the very least by that evil bastard, I don't blame him for being angry all the time.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

looks like Garrison Brown (Sister wives) could be in a relationship with a girl named Kylie Marshall 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 4

She’s a Grade A snack??? Am I missing something? I would run as fast as possible AWAY from a guy who called me this

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

She’s a Grade A snack??? Am I missing something? I would run as fast as possible AWAY from a guy who called me this

Well look at who his father is :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Upvote 7

?

I would run for the hills so quick. There are countless nouns that you could apply the descriptor 'Grade A' too that wouldn't reduce her to something to be devoured. Gross gross gross.

• I Agree 4

4 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

LOL it's really meant as a compliment for being super attractive, but I can see why it's weird. I only know from my rampant twitter usage. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, HRM1216 said:

LOL it's really meant as a compliment for being super attractive, but I can see why it's weird. I only know from my rampant twitter usage. 

Oh I know it’s what the youngin’s say. But I admit I don’t actually much like the way it’s used. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

He could have gone old school and said that time with her is "an E ticket ride". At least that would have fit in at Disneyland. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Lindsey Reith is kissing her fiancés cheek in an Instagram picture. I think it’s a good thing that more fundies are publicly kissing before marriage. Because I hate the first kiss on the wedding day trend and I hope it dies very soon. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Becky Keilen is engaged to Tim Forman

50165AA2-AD4C-4E07-965D-6E052D54B7D2.jpeg

I’ve always been kind of surprised by how many unmarried Keilens there are. They don’t seem to marry young in that family. If at all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

That was just in 2018!

Here is a page with his testimony. He talks about being a young man studying business and wanting to do art but wondering about his future (and also saying "wondering who I'm going to marry"). And saying "it's Your way or my way." He talks only about art though, and how God led him to be an artist. Lots of talk about "getting up under God's truth" and submitting to His way. So maybe, but it's still confusing that that mixer was so recent.

http://timformanart.com/about-tim.html

I wonder if maybe he was using that meet as "outreach" and a chance to convert? I feel weird speculating but it is confusing.

Either way, yikes. I do like his art though. Also learned he's son of the "famous Davie county dairy farmer Hamilton Forman."

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god has he “prayed the gay away” since then? 

12 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Either way, yikes. I do like his art though. Also learned he's son of the "famous Davie county dairy farmer Hamilton Forman."

Family seems fairly prominent...and Democratic. 

Here's a 2010 article on his grandfather's passing:  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-mtblog-2010-01-obituary_hamilton_c_forman_die-story.html

• Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, Kylolo said:

Here's a 2010 article on his grandfather's passing:  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-mtblog-2010-01-obituary_hamilton_c_forman_die-story.html

I think it would be great if Becky was marrying a non-homophobic progressive leaning Christian. I would just be surprised. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it would be great if Becky was marrying a non-homophobic progressive leaning Christian. I would just be surprised. 

Oh I agree wholeheartedly on both points, the greatness and the surprise. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Kylolo said:

Hamilton Forman's son, Collins, seems super conservative and possibly fundie-lite: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1995-05-21-9505200222-story.html

That's about him using his name and family's prominence to lobby for politicians to vote against a proposed policy that would make it illegal to discriminate against LGBT+ people back in 1995. Predating all the wedding cake making controversies, so I guess he was ahead of his time? He hated before hate was "cool" ;) ?

Timothy could definitely be that dude's son and it would make sense that Collins Forman's son might marry a fundie.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god has he “prayed the gay away” since then? 

Seems unlikely. The Meet & Greet at the Gay & Lesbian Business Exchange Networking Mixer was on July 26. Only a month later, on September 1, he introduced Becky as his girlfriend on his Instagram (and based on the pictures, they'd been going out for at least a few weeks at that point). That would be a VERY quick pray-away-the-gay turnaround time.

This is definitely a head-scratcher for me. I'm really hoping this means he is a liberal Christian, and at least some of it will rub off on Becky. Cannot wait to find out more about him/them!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

See, I didn't even propose as option C that he could be an ally! That's how surprised I would be! Becky's brother works for IBLP for goodness (badness?) sake!

Edited by neurogirl
  • Haha 2

Tim did a video for IBLP in 2017 along with two Burnett brothers and Brandon Keilen. Big head scratcher, but I share the same hopes as @JillyO.

Edited by albireo
formatting
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

How old is she? Isn't she in her late 30's?

I don't have an exact birth date (maybe @Bethella does?), but Becky was born in '86, so 32-33.

Side note: Looks like the Keilens probably weren't quiverfull at the beginning of the marriage since they have pretty normal spacing among the older three kids ('74, '77, '82), but then numbers 3 to 10 were born within 10 years ('82, '84, twins in '86, '87, '89, '91, '92). They're also interesting because (if I'm not mistaken) only three of the kids are currently married, and only one son has kids of his own.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic