IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

If he's on deck to be a head of a household, then he should be able to financially support that household. Even in the twisted fundie mindset, he should be able to support himself. I don't follow the Andersons: does Solomon have any job skills or earning capability? Is he planning to go to college? That's a very reasonable choice, but it's difficult to support a growing family on student loans.

• Upvote 5

@Jigsaw3 Solomon has had a job for a while now (maybe 2-3 years, although I don’t follow them closely myself). I don’t remember what he does but I don’t think it’s something that can support a mega family on a single income.

My question is whether they’ll actually wait until they turn 18. They can get married anytime with parental consent (they have to be 16 with consent in AZ). I can totally see PP and Zsu pushing for a short engagement.

Edited by Bethella
Stupid autocorrect, Zsu =/= Zaire
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Anna Richardson is now in a relationship with a guy called Calbert Forks. She was going out with Mario in October when she posted about it on the sisters' blog, so that was a quick move into a new relationship. Got to say, I did wonder whether that relationship would last given that it was a long-distance and transnational - Mario was in Guatemala. I hope Anna's 'failed' relationship hasn't put her off Guatemala permanently as she really seemed to love the country.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

16 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Oh yay. An uneducated 17 year old who grew up in a world of hate and violence preparing to procreate as soon as he crosses the magic line defined by the government of being an "adult". I can't even imagine what his household is going to be like. I don't want to. 

I hope that none of those kids reproduce, given what I see as marginal odds of them escaping from their parents' habits and views.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

@Jigsaw3 Solomon has had a job for a while now (maybe 2-3 years, although I don’t follow them closely myself). I don’t remember what he does but I don’t think it’s something that can support a mega family on a single income.

My question is whether they’ll actually wait until they turn 18. They can get married anytime with parental consent (they have to be 16 with consent in AZ). I can totally see PP and Zsu pushing for a short engagement.

Zsu will want them out of the house as soon as possible. If they married before turning 18, would they also be allowed to live on their own or would they have to be 18 to do that? They could probably stay at her parents house until fall.

Is Sarah the first Stelzl to get married? Her wedding is going to be fundie snark fest!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

If they married before turning 18, would they also be allowed to live on their own or would they have to be 18 to do that?

Is Sarah the first Stelzl to get married? Her wedding is going to be fundie snark fest!

I would think that getting married would automatically emancipate them but I don't know the law well enough to be sure.

Yes, Sarah is the first Stelzl to get married.

• Upvote 1

Zoo has said that they will both be 18 at their wedding. His birthday is at the end of September so we can expect an early October wedding ;)

Emily Brower has a boyfriend but she hasn’t given his name. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Zoo has said that they will both be 18 at their wedding. His birthday is at the end of September so we can expect an early October wedding ;)

Emily Brower has a boyfriend but she hasn’t given his name. 

Her now ex-husband has been engaged for quite awhile and I thought was supposed to be married in October but that didn't appear to happen. His fiancee is ......interesting (making a dig at Emily on her Facebook public for anyone including likely Emily to see).

I can't imagine what all has gone on there since he cheated and wrecked her fundie lite princess fantasy world. Hopefully this new guy is good for her and that she won't fall back into the fundamentalist world view with a new guy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Her now ex-husband has been engaged for quite awhile and I thought was supposed to be married in October but that didn't appear to happen. His fiancee is ......interesting (making a dig at Emily on her Facebook public for anyone including likely Emily to see).

I can't imagine what all has gone on there since he cheated and wrecked her fundie lite princess fantasy world. Hopefully this new guy is good for her and that she won't fall back into the fundamentalist world view with a new guy. 

Making a dig at your fiancée’s ex on FB never makes you look good. It makes you sound immature and jealous at best. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is she the oldest Query? Is she one of the Queries tasked with "educating" Duggarlings?

She's the oldest. She taught music to the Duggarlings, but Heidi was the sister who did the "academic" "homeschooling."

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Her now ex-husband has been engaged for quite awhile and I thought was supposed to be married in October but that didn't appear to happen. His fiancee is ......interesting 

Who is he engaged to? 

18 hours ago, ophelia said:

Zsu will want them out of the house as soon as possible. If they married before turning 18, would they also be allowed to live on their own or would they have to be 18 to do that? They could probably stay at her parents house until fall.

In Oklahoma, married minors are generally considered to be legal adults.  I don't k, now if that is the standard in other states or not.  But I think it might be, I think I have heard that it is in some states.  But that does not mean that it would be easy for them to live as functional adults, especially given the way .that they have been raised.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I'm really wondering wether the wedding was called off. The new fiancée used to share a lot on facebook and I can't imagine that she wouldn't post a word about her own wedding. 

I agree with @JermajestyDuggar that she does indeed comes across really immature. 

Emily is some kind of pet fundie to me. The last years have been rough on her: her cheating husband, the death of her father. So I really hope that this guys genuinely cares about her and that they are both happy.

• Upvote 6

One of the people who liked the page on Amanda Query's engagement announcement is a Facebook friend of mine.  The world grows smaller.

• Upvote 5

On 12/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, ophelia said:

Emily is some kind of pet fundie to me. The last years have been rough on her: her cheating husband, the death of her father. So I really hope that this guys genuinely cares about her and that they are both happy.

I've been thinking about Emily often. I used to read her blog and was quite shocked when she wrote about her divorce from Ben. But thinking back of their life and how it all started, it wasn't that big a surprise, after all. They had never actually talked to each other (at least not beyond basic small talk), and he just appeared and proposed to her! Then they got married and pretty much instantly got pregnant in a true fundie style. I think that in the army Ben started to finally figure out who he was and what he really wanted in life, and obviously it wasn't life with Emily. Too bad they already had two little girls and another one on the way...

I always wondered if he met someone in the army and started to cheat on Emily, or if he "only" didn't want his previous life anymore. After all, it was probably better for them both to go separate ways than to live a life of misery just to stay together (yes, Jilly Muffin, it's possible!). I felt horrible for Emily: her father dying, her husband cheating/leaving, having another child by her husband after he left... I just hope she is doing well now and is genuinely enjoying whatever she does. I'd love to know more about her life but she seems to have vanished from IG/blog scene.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I've been thinking about Emily often. I used to read her blog and was quite shocked when she wrote about her divorce from Ben. But thinking back of their life and how it all started, it wasn't that big a surprise, after all. They had never actually talked to each other (at least not beyond basic small talk), and he just appeared and proposed to her! Then they got married and pretty much instantly got pregnant in a true fundie style. I think that in the army Ben started to finally figure out who he was and what he really wanted in life, and obviously it wasn't life with Emily. Too bad they already had two little girls and another one on the way...

I always wondered if he met someone in the army and started to cheat on Emily, or if he "only" didn't want his previous life anymore. After all, it was probably better for them both to go separate ways than to live a life of misery just to stay together (yes, Jilly Muffin, it's possible!). I felt horrible for Emily: her father dying, her husband cheating/leaving, having another child by her husband after he left... I just hope she is doing well now and is genuinely enjoying whatever she does. I'd love to know more about her life but she seems to have vanished from IG/blog scene.

She still posts a lot of pictures on Instagram but it’s not much personal info. Just pictures of the girls at Disney or swimming. I would also like to know more about this new guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She still posts a lot of pictures on Instagram but it’s not much personal info. Just pictures of the girls at Disney or swimming. I would also like to know more about this new guy.

Is her IG public? Do you know if Ben is still in the army?

Edited by LurkerOverThePond

3 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

It used to be public. She may have changed it since then. She never says anything about her ex and hasn’t even named the new guy. It’s mostly just kid pics.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, fish_ca said:

Let's the competition for the most convoluted courtship/engagement story continues...

http://samuellovessarah.com/

My eyes are hurting from the white type on black, or maybe because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

My lowlights:

Due to some miscommunication on the part of all 3 of us (it's funny now but it wasn't then ... lol) , this coffee outing resulted in a solid 3 months of waiting and silence before any of us realized that we were all waiting on someone else in order to move forward.

Before they could even court:

Between several books, hundreds of questions, weekly seminar videos, and countless meetings with Sarah's dad,

This poor guy - his religion seems to have completely destroyed him.  The whole thing seems like he was so anxious and uncertain, and not able to take any initiative

There were many days during that 6 month period that I was completely unsure of which direction I was supposed to go. I reached out to many individuals seeking counsel and guidance about Sarah and the steps I was being led through by her parents and often walked away from those conversation more confused than before.

Those poor people - he goes for coffee with her dad and as a result feels he can't even talk to her - she is told nothing, then they have this 6 months where he's being tormented by this sadistic testing period, and she sits in the metaphorical dark...  even their engagement is anxious, on a camping trip in a downpour, where they have to sneak away together.   They'd chosen a ring by that point, but it was still a surprise to her?

I can't even imagine how he's coping with being the all-knowing headship, and I hope for everyone's sake that any kids are allowed to go to school, given how both of them have been kept so infantilised and helpless.

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

His Facebook has public pics of his engagement photo shoot and he has his dress uniform in some pics so yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

His Facebook has public pics of his engagement photo shoot and he has his dress uniform in some pics so yes.

Do you have a link?

33 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

It’s weird because she said their wedding date was Oct 13th when they got engaged in the spring. They must have moved the wedding date back at some point because they are still listed as engaged on FB. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

My eyes are hurting from the white type on black, or maybe because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

My lowlights:

Before they could even court:

This poor guy - his religion seems to have completely destroyed him.  The whole thing seems like he was so anxious and uncertain, and not able to take any initiative

Those poor people - he goes for coffee with her dad and as a result feels he can't even talk to her - she is told nothing, then they have this 6 months where he's being tormented by this sadistic testing period, and she sits in the metaphorical dark...  even their engagement is anxious, on a camping trip in a downpour, where they have to sneak away together.   They'd chosen a ring by that point, but it was still a surprise to her?

I can't even imagine how he's coping with being the all-knowing headship, and I hope for everyone's sake that any kids are allowed to go to school, given how both of them have been kept so infantilised and helpless.

Wow!  I feel so bad for these kids, it’s hard to think of them as adults after reading this.  I wonder if they’ve been told where babies come from, or is the wedding still too far off for that.

I looked through the photo section of their website, and Sarah’s body language is cause for concern, at least it is for me.  The way she stands with her shoulders sort of hunched and curled in towards herself looks both defeated and self protecting.  Looking through the photos, it seems to be her normal posture, which does not say good things about her life at home.

Edited by Themanda Duggar
Double quote box
  • Upvote 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic