IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

I went to the Campana website for the first time.  I saw the last post included them and the Johnstons overtaking the hotel swimming pool in order to do a few baptisms.  I have to admit that if I was staying at that hotel and wanted to use the pool and 20 people had taken it over for preaching and baptizing I'd be unhappy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I went to the Campana website for the first time.  I saw the last post included them and the Johnstons overtaking the hotel swimming pool in order to do a few baptisms.  I have to admit that if I was staying at that hotel and wanted to use the pool and 20 people had taken it over for preaching and baptizing I'd be unhappy. 

Maybe that would be my cue to go for a swim.  I don't wear two pieces, but I might have to make an exception and maybe it would be bikini time!

Seriously, I wonder if they had permission of the hotel manager to do that?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Maybe that would be my cue to go for a swim.  I don't wear two pieces, but I might have to make an exception and maybe it would be bikini time!

Seriously, I wonder if they had permission of the hotel manager to do that?

These fundies aren’t super into modest wear. At the time they may have been. I believe the baptism she’s talking about happened 5 years ago. They were probably much more modest then. But nowadays these particular fundies seem to wear completely mainstream clothing and bathing suits. 

• Upvote 4

So they live streamed the proposal. It’s on Rusty Thomas’ Facebook. Rusty (Josiah’s dad) gives a super creepy prayer while everyone gathers around Josiah and Mariah. He was yelling so hard it seemed like he was angry. That man terrifies me. 

ETA: I realize I could’ve posted this on the Morton thread. I’m sorry guys. Either way I just want everyone that doesn’t read that thread to know Rusty Thomas is the worst.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6

Just getting interested in these families. Josiah is awfully pretty. I know he can’t help it. But I myself have trouble trusting any man who’s that pretty. 

29 minutes ago, sparrow said:

Just getting interested in these families. Josiah is awfully pretty. I know he can’t help it. But I myself have trouble trusting any man who’s that pretty. 

I think fundie men almost always know damn well that they are good looking and they almost always come across as pretty vain and self centered. Guys like Lawson Bates come to mind. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

So they live streamed the proposal. It’s on Rusty Thomas’ Facebook. Rusty (Josiah’s dad) gives a super creepy prayer while everyone gathers around Josiah and Mariah. He was yelling so hard it seemed like he was angry. That man terrifies me. 
ETA: I realize I could’ve posted this on the Morton thread. I’m sorry guys. Either way I just want everyone that doesn’t read that thread to know Rusty Thomas is the worst.

OMG Rusty is the absolute worst [emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961] Isn't this the man who used his dying son to push his anti-abortion agenda?
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Smash! said:

OMG Rusty is the absolute worst emoji2961.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.png Isn't this the man who used his dying son to push his anti-abortion agenda?

Yep! Josiah’s youngest brother Jeremiah, who was only 16 at the time. It was despicable. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:56 PM, Briefly said:

I like the dress, but the modesty panel doesn't look right to me.  I think it's the color difference, it kind of clashes with the dress.  Tiaras are fine as far as they go, but this one makes her look even younger.  She is young, but she looks more like a schoolgirl at a dance.

My friend wore this dress to her wedding last year, the modesty panel actually comes with the dress and snaps into place. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

17 minutes ago, lurkeyloo said:

My friend wore this dress to her wedding last year, the modesty panel actually comes with the dress and snaps into place. 

Interesting! Deep V necklines on wedding dresses are very “in” right now. When I see them on the models, I do wonder how many people would feel comfortable enough to wear it. But if some of them come with a modesty panel, that makes complete sense. Because I know plenty of non-fundies that would not want such a deep V on their wedding day. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, lurkeyloo said:

I think the dress looked good with it, I just think it would look better with the modesty panel being the same color or a totally different color, maybe to match bridesmaid's dresses for example.  To me, it looks like it just doesn't match - as in maybe different fabric or discolored.  But that may be just the way it looks in my monitor.  I like simple, uncluttered dresses.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Briefly said:

I think the dress looked good with it, I just think it would look better with the modesty panel being the same color or a totally different color, maybe to match bridesmaid's dresses for example.  To me, it looks like it just doesn't match - as in maybe different fabric or discolored.  But that may be just the way it looks in my monitor.  I like simple, uncluttered dresses.

I wondered if it was a piece of her mom’s wedding dress or something along the sentimental lines. Would make the differing colors between the fabrics more acceptable.

• I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

I wondered if it was a piece of her mom’s wedding dress or something along the sentimental lines. Would make the differing colors between the fabrics more acceptable.

I had not thought about that, but that would be a nice touch.  The Duggar daughters all have a piece of Michelle's original wedding dress sewn into their dress somewhere, which is a nice tradition even if the Duggars are kind of icky.  I think a family remembrance is a nice idea.

• Upvote 1

I found a wedding registry for Charlotte Boyer and it has the date as last weekend-- is that correct? Anyone seen wedding photos?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I found a wedding registry for Charlotte Boyer and it has the date as last weekend-- is that correct? Anyone seen wedding photos?

i've been wondering about this, too.  they really have gone off line (which is probably a good thing for them).  after Jessica posted about her engagement, i figured she would wait till after Charlotte's wedding to announce her own date, but i'm starting to think she might not at all.  they've gone so far underground that i'm pretty sure nothing was ever said about Brigid's second baby; she was due in the spring.  all three of them seem to have given up on instagram altogether.  interesting.

Edited by catlady
spelling.....
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I remember someone posting something in the Boyer thread but I apparently forgot to add it to the list. 

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen anything, and I'm thrilled. If the lack of pics and posts by the FKA Boyers is a deliberate effort to maintain some privacy, good on them.

But there was a Young Living conference last weekend, so maybe the wedding just got bumped to avoid a conflict. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I haven't seen anything, and I'm thrilled. If the lack of pics and posts by the FKA Boyers is a deliberate effort to maintain some privacy, good on them.

But there was a Young Living conference last weekend, so maybe the wedding just got bumped to avoid a conflict. 

I think their lacjof internet presence means they’ve given up on the YL MLM. You can’t sell that shit by being completely offline. Being on social media is a huge part of it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic