IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

Spoiler

15lz.gif.35db8918b3c53192d58a4810c83d7f4f.gif

I don't know why I keep picturing this scene while reading everyone's stories about ho-ing around. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Some-one once told me that girls only went into service in order to marry their employers. And cited Jane Eyre as the source.

Leaving aside Jane refused to marry Rochester when she found out he was already married and refused St John Rivers later in the story. By the time she eventually married Rochester,  she was a women of more than moderate means and he had fallen on hard times. They married as equals not in a power imbalance.

Dear Rufus, Jane Eyre as a historical source for this? She was a governess. A governess where never part of the domestic staff and it would have been a major insult to call her that. She herself had a middle class backround and the same upbringing than her employers and had much more interaction with the family and shared the meals with them. If the employer got widowed it was seen as totally ok when he married the governess of his children. She was socially equal and allready knows the children and are part of the household. But becoming a scullery maid to marry your employer?

I only ho'd for 3 hours this morning because my pimp (my FEMALE boss) told everyone to go home and have a great holiday. Yesterday I only ho'd for 4 hours because my pimp told us to go home since there wasn't anything happening at the ho-shop. 

I got paid for being a ho today and used my ill-gotten gains to do the little things in life like pay bills. Guess I'm an unsubmissive ho since I ho myself out for money and then don't bother to consult my 2 legged headship regarding finances. 

I've been ho-ing in various ways since I was 13, so I have a 40+ year history of ho-ing. 

By Lori's sanctimonious standard, I've been ho'ing for 42 years, since I was 17 and worked at a church school.  Biggest mistake ever.  So-called Christian leaders can be the worst, and they would talk about how horrible people in the "world" were.  No one in my secular jobs ever beat them on laziness and meanness.  I'm giving up my ho-ish ways on 12/31 and working from ho-me as an adjunct faculty for two universities.  I guess a college degree does come in handy for working from home.  Sorry, Lori, but my degrees were useful even if yours weren't because you were an epic fail.

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Why is she so opposed to happiness?

If I had to guess, I would say that it's because she hates herself so much. She thinks she can't be happy unless everybody else is miserable.

6 minutes ago, Briefly said:

If I had to guess, I would say that it's because she hates herself so much. She thinks she can't be happy unless everybody else is miserable.

She sounds a lot like the mother. Miserable with her life and only "happy" if she can put someone down to make herself look better than her miserable life. If anyone else is happy with their life and life choices, well, that just reminded the mother that she was fucking miserable. Any time the conversation turned away from her, she had to turn it back. 

The mother was a combo of Lori and Braggie. Me? I'm "you do you, leave me the fuck alone". 

News flash, Lori: I *did* learn something in college that helped make me a good mother—Developmental Psychology. I learned what kinds of skills and behaviors are normal and appropriate for children and teens of different ages. I learned from godless people like Piaget that it’s unproductive to try to make an 18-month-old act like a six-year-old. I learned from Haim Ginott how to communicate with children in a respectful and effective way. 

I’ve told every young person who’s going to college to take this course if they have even a remote idea of becoming a parent. 

5 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Basically, if Lori isn't any good at something, NO OTHER WOMAN should be permitted to do it, either.  Because. 

Considering that all Lori is good at is complaining, putting other people down, and being unable to see past her own nose, that's a pretty limiting rule. 

Count this pastor's wife in the "ho" club.  I was substituting, but my headship requested I go back to full time. Does that make him my pimp?

I took a sub job (back in Aug.) for the first day of school as an assistant to children with special needs and discovered the position was vacant. So I went to the Presbyterian "ho" principal to apply for the position permanently and got it.  Yay me!

I find it offensive that people who say they're Christian use such insulting words for women. Our church does a lot of work with The Salvation Atmy, and they are big about fighting sex trafficking.

I can't stand for people to use such ugly names when young women are being abused in such a horrible way. Chances are most of the young women who are true prostitutes really don't want to be doing what they're doing anyway.

13 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Our church does a lot of work with The Salvation Atmy, and they are big about fighting sex trafficking.

Yeah but they won't do anything for the LGBT community. First hand I know they will not let out L/G people in their shelters. 

Sorry, but I'd find a more affirming group to work with besides the SA. 

That's odd. I do know their doctrines state they believe the practice of homosexuality to be a sin.

My husband worked with them helping out at the shelter here in NC, and he said they don't even ask about that. If there is space and you follow the rules (be in by 12:00, leave cell phones in the office by 12:00, no food in the room, do whatever chore you're assigned etc.) anyone can stay. 

Our family visited the local corps in our area a few times for Sun. service and there was a transgender person, so they seem pretty welcoming here.

Hi FJ, I'm Red Hair and I'm a 'ho. Actually I'm more of a call girl as I've been a contract employee ho for 12 years.

I've been a ho for many years, starting with my first job babysitting at 14, then summer jobs in high school and college; worked full time in grad school as a teaching assistant and have been a gainfully employed ho since M.A. graduation. 

I have shamelessly used my ill gotten ho money to buy a car (several), support myself completely before I was married, help a family member during a rough patch, contribute to charities, pay my bills, and in general clothe myself all the while adding my ho money to Mr Dress' non ho money to run our household, pay the mortgage, utilities, etc. and go on vacations.

As far as I know Mr Dress doesn't mind me using my ho money for us.  Although I suppose that might mean he's an "easy rider" [old slang for a man who lives off his girlfriend's ho money, but isn't her pimp]

Today my pimp closed the office at 2:00 pm for the holiday so I took my ho self home. Mr Dress worked from home today and was leaving to do errands as I got home. Off he went for a haircut, the drugstore and last minute Thanksgiving shopping.  While he was gone I did 3 loads of laundry that had piled up., and swept the front porch.  Mr Dress returned and put up the groceries. He's not a very good headship because he's really helpful around the house on his own initiative.  Like today when he vacuumed during his lunch break. After he finished with the groceries, I made a pot of tea which we drank, then I cooked dinner. 

I get a break from the jezebel ho job as the office is closed the rest of the week.  Tomorrow I'll be a "godly wife" and make Thanksgiving dinner (it's just the 2 of us)  like I do nearly every night. For the rest of the weekend I'll be a "godly wife", but then it's back to being a ho on Monday morning.

I like being a ho. I like working. I like making my own money.  I don't apologize for it.  I'm not ashamed of it. And I have no intention of stopping.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

How did I ho today? I went to work and counseled some kiddos and made calls. We only have tomorrow off not Friday so I'll return to my regular ho programming on Friday. But for the holiday ho special I, singled 26 year old feminist, managed to stumble my way into my kitchen and get some stuff started because I'll be hosting the fam this year. Really I'm surprised I managed to find my kitchen with my feminist eyes. Anyways, put together a sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, bake brownies, and prepare for homemade mashed potatoes. And then I cleaned my house. Damn went to college and still managed to learn how to function in daily life skills

I wonder what's on Lori's Thanksgiving menu this year. Will she be hosting the family get-together, or has her family privately decided that they'd rather have turkey and stuffing than slimy salad?  And if someone else is hosting, what will Lori bring? Her einkorn bread and $14 butter? Or perhaps she'll bring the kombucha. I know for sure one thing she'll be bringing--her judgmental attitude. She'll be watching everyone like a hawk to see just how much they eat, and we'll get a post about portion control and the sin of gluttony in a few days.

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I wonder what's on Lori's Thanksgiving menu this year. Will she be hosting the family get-together, or has her family privately decided that they'd rather have turkey and stuffing than slimy salad?  And if someone else is hosting, what will Lori bring? Her einkorn bread and $14 butter? Or perhaps she'll bring the kombucha. I know for sure one thing she'll be bringing--her judgmental attitude. She'll be watching everyone like a hawk to see just how much they eat, and we'll get a post about portion control and the sin of gluttony in a few days.

On her IG stories, she shows her homemade cranberry sauce, 2 bags of lettuce, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie. 

For some reason, the way she speaks and enunciates makes me think spittle is flying all over the food. 

Last night I surprised my niece at her job. She is waiting tables while she goes to college. I am so proud of her. We sat in her section and she is fantastic!

See, I come from a long line of hard working women. My deaf & mute great grandparents escaped Germany just before the Nazi's took power, and came to the US and worked to make themselves a life. Family lore says my grandmother worked double shifts cooking at the local diner.

My grandfather was a cook in the navy during WWII, and my grandmother (daughter of the greatgrands), worked in the same diner, before during and after the war. 

My mother was a banker. In my family tree are women who were teachers, farmers, factory workers. There's a couple of seamstresses and at least one nurse.

Today, I am Thankful for the heritage I have been given. These women have gifted me with a legacy of compassion, strength, and faith in God. 

Some may have been feminists. Most were Republicans because Republicans were the first to advocate women's suffrage. But regardless, they inspire me. 

Today I say a prayer of thanksgiving for them and for all the women here: Strength, courage, compassion, wisdom, love, kindness, and thoughtfulness are written on my heart because of you.

Thank you.

I am thankful that I won't have to spend Thanksgiving worrying about any judgments or eating a "big salad".  Instead, we will have stuffed mirlitons, gumbo and oyster dressing with the turkey and other traditional dishes.  My family is beautiful, loving, and caring, and Thanksgiving is always filled with laughter as we see who can outdo the next on the funniest story that's happened to us this year.  

I am thankful that I found this board to share and to learn from others.  I am thankful for parents who loved and supported me, and although they won't be at the table physically, their presence and legacy lives on throughout my family.  

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

On her IG stories, she shows her homemade cranberry sauce, 2 bags of lettuce, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie. 

For some reason, the way she speaks and enunciates makes me think spittle is flying all over the food. 

Romaine lettuce? Lol. Maybe she didn't get the memo about e. Coli.

21 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@SilverBeach I just couldn't refer to my niece as a ho.

None of us are hoes, it's all in good fun, snarking at Lori and her ridiculousness. I actually think it is hilarious, all these self-described hoes listing all the many ways we have contributed to society, the same society that Lori benefits from. Nobody does humor like FJ.

28 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

None of us are hoes, it's all in good fun, snarking at Lori and her ridiculousness. I actually think it is hilarious, all these self-described hoes listing all the many ways we have contributed to society, the same society that Lori benefits from. Nobody does humor like FJ.

Truth! FJ is my tribe...one of the few places where I'm at least sort of understood. Y'all have kept me sane, in some ways kept me alive, and y'all are the ones who show me that things aren't all bad. Sending love, hugs, and all that good shit to everyone. 

22 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

really don't understand how Lori somehow can equate her lack of humanity with godliness. She's selfish - if she really loved people, she would be using her privileged ass to help other people

It occurs to me that Lori is basically lazy, and she’s using this whole campaign of “all women everywhere should stay home” to justify her own laziness.

I'm a founding member of Ho's for Jesus.  I've been a Ho-ist going back 45 years...no marriage, no kids, successful, free, funny, irreverent, generous, respected...still doing my own thing.

I would rather die than be in a marriage like yours, Lori.  You and Ken are repulsive.

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

I know for sure one thing she'll be bringing--her judgmental attitude. She'll be watching everyone like a hawk to see just how much they eat, and we'll get a post about portion control and the sin of gluttony in a few days.

If Lori was a member of my family I would latch on and make a big deal over her. Oh my! Look! It's Aunt Lori! I haven't seen you all year! I would make sure to sit next to her so I could help my older, godly aunt fill her plate to the brim and then comment on how hungry she must be. I would load my plate as well and talk to her all dinner long with my mouth full.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived