• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

VelociRapture
15 minutes ago, viii said:

I agree that it's a personal decision, and they have a lot of eyes on them, but I think for publicity, it would be a better PR move to announce October 16th. There was already speculation, and waiting a day wouldn't have done any damage. I agree that it was nice that they waited until after Jack and Eugenie's wedding, but I just think they could have waited a little longer (or worn something different for the wedding - her outfit was designed to attract attention to her mid-section). 

October 15th is World Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. 

October 16th was the day the tour started. They arrived in Australia on the 15th. So I really don’t think they could have waited an extra day.

And I (very obviously) don’t speak for everyone else who has experienced a pregnancy loss or death of a child, but I see nothing wrong with them announcing on that specific date, especially considering the circumstances.

ETA: As for her wedding outfit, we can’t know why she picked it. There are a lot of changes that happen to your body during pregnancy and those changes happen at different times for everyone. It’s entirely possible she went with an outfit that she felt most comfortable in due to those changes and that’s why the outfit drew attention to her midsection. 

Edited by VelociRapture

viii

They probably could have announced during tour, I don't think it would have interrupted much. In the end, it's not really a big deal, and it's always their decision when to announce, but that's just something that has always sat a little uneasy with me. I don't believe the rumors that Meghan is an attention whore, or a narcissist, but doing things like this doesn't help, either. 

I saw a few comments on my fb from friends who had lost babies that were kind of side-eyeing her, but I don't think anyone was offended, and I didn't really see any negative PR about it. 

hoipolloi
3 hours ago, viii said:

I saw a few comments on my fb from friends who had lost babies that were kind of side-eyeing her, but I don't think anyone was offended, and I didn't really see any negative PR about it. 

To be fair, unless you have gone through a pregnancy loss or are close to someone who has, many people wouldn't know about October 15th being the day of remembrance for such losses.

I didn't know about it, in spite of having a very pregnant family member at that point, so your initial reference to October 15th being a significant date was a bit of a mystery for me as well.

Angelic83

I think the announced before the tour because if she had to pull out of engangements there was an explanation at hand. And I think there was also something to do with a threat of Zika that can be dangerous to unborn babies.

I agree with what most of you had said that there is not much publicity around day the day of remberance for loss of a baby