IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

10 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

I wonder if JRod is waiting for her kids to write birthday posts like this on their birthdays... 

If they don't she'll just do it herself and act like they wrote it!!! Lol

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2019 at 8:41 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I don't get why people think she's going to get her own show.  She's not a household name...most people have no clue who she is much less her decorating talent.  

I also don't see this 'really talented' everyone is talking about. She is no more creative than anyone with access to pintrest. I love reno shows, I think her show would be as boring as batshit. There is so many fake flowers and mounted crosses I can handle. Her installing a urinal shaped like women's race car red, lips, now that I would watch....

I’d watch Jana go through a tattoo apprenticeship open up her own shop. And there can be a show about her renovating the shop and installing funky urinals like @AussieKrissy mentioned.

11 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’d watch Jana go through a tattoo apprenticeship open up her own shop. And there can be a show about her renovating the shop and installing funky urinals like @AussieKrissy mentioned.

I would watch the shit out of that, can we call Kat Von D?

My take on Jana and IG, for what it's worth. Her birthday post to her twin mentions wanting to make Jesus known. I figure her IG account is going to be her ministry. As the only single family member with IG, who better to be an encouragement and a role model to the single ladies out there as she guides them towards a deeper relationship with Christ? I think this is fully supported by the rest of the Borg as they work tirelessly to expand the Collective.

I know Jana is a fan favorite here and she seems like a good person. However, we all believed Jessa and Jinger would make a break for it. They have not. Jessa is under JB's thumb and is a Michelle #2.

Jinger, yes wears pants, however, has adopted a trendy, hip, fundie theology that's more popular among young people but just as harmful as IFB fundamentalism. 

Jinger and Jill wear pants as a "cover" in order to reach heathens by appearing "relatable" and listening to CCM, yet they have the same exact IFB fundamentalist prairie dress beliefs. On a side note, this new "trendy" brand of Christian Evangelical Fundamentalism is more sinister and insidious as it's aggressively attempting to appeal to millennials who wouldn't give  IFB prairie dress clad women their time of day compared to a fundie with a nose ring sporting jeans.

I believe Jana would be no different than Jessa if she were married. In fact, Jana and Michaela Bates have been said to be very close friends (I'm not certain if they currently are?). Jana and Michaela Bates also were said to be the first ones that would likely get married and the ones that were most likely to have the largest amount of kids. 

Another reason I do not believe the any of the older Duggars will make a break for it? Money. Money talks. In addition, many of the older Duggar girls raised their siblings and would not want to be "cut off" from JB & Michelle. I strongly believe Derick has issues with JB, seems to isolate Jill from her family, and that if Derick had his way, he'd write a tell all book to cash in or possibly file a lawsuit.  

The Duggar offspring have more financial and emotional incentives to remain in the cult of JB than to leave it. Leaving the cult of JB would be incredible but they'd have to deal with intense backlash from JB and their "children".

The healthiest option the Duggar offspring could take would be to move far away from the cult of JB and keep contact to a minimum.  They'd be able to talk, Facetime, and visit their "children" a few times a year but avoid the rest of the cult of JB as much as possible. The cult of JB reeks of enmeshment, with dictator JB at the helm, and their best option is to detach and live separate life in another state without creating a family rift. Perhaps Jinger and Jeremy are attempting this route but they're still involved with a toxic belief system similar to IFB fundamentalism...

In fact, I believe that JB is so controlling that he resents any son-in-laws, such as Jeremy and Derick, who are not working for him.

Just now, luv2laugh said:

I know Jana is a fan favorite here and she seems like a good person. However, we all believed Jessa and Jinger would make a break for it. They have not. Jessa is under JB's thumb and is a Michelle #2.

Jinger, yes wears pants, however, has adopted a trendy, hip, fundie theology that's more popular among young people but just as harmful as IFB fundamentalism. 

Jinger and Jill wear pants as a "cover" in order to reach heathens by appearing "relatable" and listening to CCM, yet they have the same exact IFB fundamentalist prairie dress beliefs. On a side note, this new "trendy" brand of Christian Evangelical Fundamentalism is more sinister and insidious as it's aggressively attempting to appeal to millennials who wouldn't give  IFB prairie dress clad women their time of day compared to a fundie with a nose ring sporting jeans.

I believe Jana would be no different than Jessa if she were married. In fact, Jana and Michaela Bates have been said to be very close friends (I'm not certain if they currently are?). Jana and Michaela Bates also were said to be the first ones to get married and the ones that were most likely to have the most kids. 

Jana is/was close to both Michael Keilen and Priscilla Waller, both of whom are married to men who work for IBLP. I know that Jana was a Bridesmaid in both their weddings, but I don’t know if they’re still close or not. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but I do think she’s likely more religious than people want to believe considering her friendships with them combined with how close she seems to be with her mother, her status as eldest daughter, and how she apparently was more involved with JTTH than her siblings.

I think someone said this about Scientology, but I think it applies well to other religious cults too - the more time, effort, and/or money that someone puts into something the less likely they are to leave or admit something isn’t right. As the eldest daughter, Jana spent her childhood raising her younger siblings and running the family home and she’s continued to do both into adulthood. She’s invested a huge amount of time and effort into the family and into their beliefs. I think you probably have a good point and that Jana will likely follow a path closer to Jessa’s, where she doesn’t rock the boat or publicly express the uglier side of their beliefs.

I'm starting to think maybe now a Jana courtship announcement is not imminent, and that the Jana Instagram is just one more way to raise her profile so that she's on the fundie gentlemen's radar.

For someone who seems to be at least more outwardly devout than her siblings, it's interesting that she's not already married. It seems like she'd want to have already had at least a few babies for Jesus. I guess other things have been an obstacle to this. She seems shy, fundie life doesn't give women much agency in meeting a partner, and she may be very selective and has turned down any previous opportunity.

Seriously, just 25 minutes at 350 degrees? My bread recipe is an hour at 450, but that’s for one large loaf. It’s odd that the recipe is for four loaves, but in the photo she’s making many more loaves. Way better than Jill, though.

39 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Seriously, just 25 minutes at 350 degrees? My bread recipe is an hour at 450, but that’s for one large loaf. It’s odd that the recipe is for four loaves, but in the photo she’s making many more loaves. Way better than Jill, though.

The bread is tiny though! Mine is twice as big.

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think someone said this about Scientology, but I think it applies well to other religious cults too - the more time, effort, and/or money that someone puts into something the less likely they are to leave or admit something isn’t right. 

This is so true! It's a psychological thing: even if somehow one "sees the light" about the cult, it is not easy to admit that your whole life and belief system is based on BS. It takes strength that not everyone has. 

Just based on my own life ( oldest, only daughter, religious parents), I think Jana has the life she wants. Oldest and only daughters from large families see a great deal, and are relied upon as helpers quite a lot. I think Jana has found a way to be true to both her religious tenets and herself. I saw the same thing with my SIL. She ended up marrying a man 20 years her senior who had already raised a family, and  who was not interested in repeating that journey. My SIL felt she had done the same with her siblings.

I only came here to revel in the fact that with only a few IG posts, Jana has blown Jill out of the water.  

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

She is making mini loafs but failed to mention that with her photos. 

Raise your hand if you think maybe Jinger took those pics when she was visiting last week.  (At first I was going to say Jessa took the photos since Spurgeon is in them... but then I thought more about who in that family is really good at photography and was in town recently...).   I wonder if there's any element of 'here's how to do this better than Jill' tutoring from Jessa and Jinger...

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

The bread is tiny though! Mine is twice as big.

I made bread just yesterday. I would have taken a pic of the final product but Mr. OneKid and  OneKid got to it before I had a chance.

ETA:  My photos aren't cook book worthy, but I think they are better than Jill's

5D5C936C-6B59-487F-B162-17DEC69503DA.jpeg

Spoiler

A8D12AE4-F213-47BA-B257-478DF2266366.jpegE443D15F-7241-4DAA-A53F-1E3B8B1C1F42.jpeg70291F97-8738-483D-BE90-A97C022D174B.jpeg9734872C-C334-44A8-A063-BA04ED6A4C54.jpeg58C94822-7C53-41D7-8B72-56F7BFA48258.jpegDCA78F59-87AF-4C8E-914B-37B45E91919C.jpeg

5 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Jana posted bread recepie, and it seems so much better then any of Jill's in every way.?

Notice how her naked left ring finger is prominently displayed?

On 13 January 2019 at 11:25 PM, Toothfairy said:

He looks like a 50 year old man who stays at home and eats junk food. 

He used to lurk naughtily at his laptop so other than living in his mother's basement he is def 3/4 creep. If it wasn't for Anna and the kids he would be all the way there. What a sad waste of a life. Am I remembering correctly that he wanted to be a Lawyer when he was 16 or so when the Duggars first burst into the spotlight?

@Gobsmacked, I had heard rumors of Josh wanting to attend law school. I honestly think he is the Digger child who wanted to break free of Duggarville, attend college, and other "worldly" pursuits we keep hoping his siblings will pursue. Sorry Free Jinger, I actually think Josh is the least fundie of the older children. Of hes a giant sack of poo, regardless. 

17 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@Gobsmacked, I had heard rumors of Josh wanting to attend law school. I honestly think he is the Digger child who wanted to break free of Duggarville, attend college, and other "worldly" pursuits we keep hoping his siblings will pursue. Sorry Free Jinger, I actually think Josh is the least fundie of the older children. Of hes a giant sack of poo, regardless. 

I seem to remember that. If he weren't such a sack of s---, I would feel bad for him. Who knows what the other kids were deprived of. 

15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I seem to remember that. If he weren't such a sack of s---, I would feel bad for him. Who knows what the other kids were deprived of. 

Jill wanted to be a nurse and I think Jennie a vet. Of course as kids grow up they may change their minds on what they want to do for a living, but none of these kids will have the opportunity to explore their options.

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Jill wanted to be a nurse and I think Jennie a vet. Of course as kids grow up they may change their minds on what they want to do for a living, but none of these kids will have the opportunity to explore their options.

I remember Jill wanting to be a nurse. Sorry ladies.... housewives and mothers is all you are going to be. And the men..... ministering for Jesus! Derick is a d--- but if he does manage to get a law degree, its more than the others have gotten. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I remember Jill wanting to be a nurse. Sorry ladies.... housewives and mothers is all you are going to be. And the men..... ministering for Jesus! Derick is a d--- but if he does manage to get a law degree, its more than the others have gotten. 

And the million $ question, I wonder how Jill feels about that? Had she been born into the Dillard or Burnett families, she might be a nurse right now. Education provides options which are something None of the G2 Duggars have readily had.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

And the million $ question, I wonder how Jill feels about that? Had she been born into the Dillard or Burnett families, she might be a nurse right now. Education provides options which are something None of the G2 Duggar’s have readily had.

And even if she quit to get married, she would have been able to be one if only for a time or maybe she might have waited to get married until she was older. And if something happened to Derick or whoever she married, she would have something to keep on her feet. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived