IGNORED

Kavanaugh/Blasey Ford Sexual Assault Allegations Hearing

Cartmann99

It is a three Ativan night 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

My name is fraurosena and I’m addicted to American politics. I went to bed, but am still following the news on my phone. Who needs sleep anyway? So overrated.

Interesting. Are they deliberating what their excuse is for voting Yes or for voting No?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Seriously, Kennedy? Had to end it on a swear to God testimony. ? I think it kind of stands that someone who sees no problem assaulting women and participating in rape trains probably doesn’t give a shit about his standing with God. Fucking liar he is. 

@fraurosena Hopefully voting no. Maybe they’ll be the superheroes we need. 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I really wish they had made him go first. Ending with her would have been so much better. I feel sick. The man is a monster. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

Anyone else exhausted after that shit show? I mean, I knew Kavanaugh was an asshole, but he put it on full display today. The irrational and arrogant behavior he displayed when Sen. Durbin simply asked his question for an open investigation and Kavanaugh responded the way he did, I would think anyone with one ounce of decency would see through that. And I thought I was going to come through the TV when he went after Sen. Klobachar. Disgraceful. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Correction: a virgin with a calendar who LIKES BEER

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9

I need someone to tell me something positive because I feel so depressed right now. I don't think there is anything positive, though. I'll call my worthless Senators again tomorrow, but I might have to take up alcohol again if our country continues this way. 

• Rufus Bless 6
  • I Agree 3

Maybe someone should plant it in Trump’s ear that male virgins who cry aren’t exactly his kind of people.  Come on, Dark Overlord. You really don’t want a weepy, virgin representing you. Do you?

• Upvote 7

Jennifer Rubin has the right of it.

And there’s another point not many people are mentioning. Kavanaugh’s opening statement contained a leftist conspiracy to discredit him, and he accused the Dems implicitely and somtimes even explicitely of being against him. He was obviously and blatantly partisan.

Aren’t judges, and especially justices, supposed to be impartial?

Unfit for SCOTUS, by that argument alone.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Jennifer Rubin has the right of it.

And there’s another point not many people are mentioning. Kavanaugh’s opening statement contained a leftist conspiracy to discredit him, and he accused the Dems implicitely and somtimes even explicitely of being against him. He was obviously and blatantly partisan.

Aren’t judges, and especially justices, supposed to be impartial?

Unfit for SCOTUS, by that argument alone.

"AND WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND" what the hell kind of overt threat is that from a man seeking to become a SCJ?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Isn’t it wonderful that the internet is forever? 

Kavanaugh caught in (yet another) lie.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I thought it was just the committee voting tomorrow and that McTurtle was keeping the senate in session all weekend so they can hold the full senate vote on Tuesday, which would be the earliest they could do.

Sorry for the confusion! You are absolutely right that it is the committee that is voting tomorrow.

How do you have a weak stomache, but love your beer, but never been out of control, but drank too much but also (according to your buddy vouching for you on Fox News) “could always hold his liquor”. 

So many things don’t make sense. 

And how can you believe someone but claim it’s a democratic conspiracy?. Either you’re claiming she’s crazy or you don’t care. (Shocker, they don’t care) 

Ford is a very strong women to have her fears be realize and still maintain her composure. 

• Upvote 12

I just walked over to our local diner to pick up dinner. Nice night, quiet, peaceful. I finally felt myself calming down after today’s political theater. As I’m paying, I hear one of the owners discussing the hearing with another customer. They were ranting on about how THERE WAS NO PROOF OF WRONGDOING IN A COURT OF LAW, SO HE MUST BE INNOCENT (yes they were that emphatic in their speech) - and good feeling gone. I’m back to sad again. And back to ordering in pizza for a while...

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I need someone to tell me something positive because I feel so depressed right now. I don't think there is anything positive, though. I'll call my worthless Senators again tomorrow, but I might have to take up alcohol again if our country continues this way. 

Um . . . Bret Kavanaugh's daughter is praying for "the woman" (Dr. Ford).  :pb_rollseyes:

Oh---and Bill Cosby is in jail.

Edited by Satan'sFortress
Cosby!
  • Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I just walked over to our local diner to pick up dinner. Nice night, quiet, peaceful. I finally felt myself calming down after today’s political theater. As I’m paying, I hear one of the owners discussing the hearing with another customer. They were ranting on about how THERE WAS NO PROOF OF WRONGDOING IN A COURT OF LAW, SO HE MUST BE INNOCENT (yes they were that emphatic in their speech) - and good feeling gone. I’m back to sad again. And back to ordering in pizza for a while...

I would have asked what court of law they were referring to. Some people have zero idea of the processes that are actually happening.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

It is a three Ativan night 

I'm so sorry. :pb_sad:

I just had a silent migraine. They're a walk in the park compared to the regular ones, but I hate when the flashing Xs show up and start screwing with my vision. I rarely get them these days, but I guess watching the Kavanaugh shitshow brought it on.

This administration is wearing us all down.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 10

14 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I just had a silent migraine. They're a walk in the park compared to the regular ones, but I hate when the flashing Xs show up and start screwing with my vision. I rarely get them these days, but I guess watching the Kavanaugh shitshow brought it on.

This administration is wearing us all down.

All this bullshit gave me a migraine Tuesday, with an aura. It's been awhile for me, too, but these clowns have an agenda to "push on through."  

This is such a horrific shitshow. I've made so many calls but the truth is they don't care about me. I'm neither a rich ass Russian trying to sway American politics nor a fetus, so basically....meaningless in the eyes of the GOP.

What a clusterfuck.  I am so sad for the country.

Someone called it a "demoncracy" -- I think that term is spot on.

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry for the confusion! You are absolutely right that it is the committee that is voting tomorrow.

They had breaking news on our local newsradio station. McTurtle is pushing to have the full senate vote on Saturday. Hopefully Flake, Collins, and Murkowski will have a conscience. Not holding my breath, however.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic