IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

You would also want to keep receipts, contracts etc until AFTER the event in case something goes wrong.  

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defense of Banker's Boxes - they're all the same size and incredibly sturdy. Being the same size, they're easy to stack/organize/store. Plus, they're almost infinitely reusable.

I have zero problems with this box/way of organizing things. 

Actually, my wedding dress and hat, first communion dress and veil, and baptismal dress are all stored in a banker's box.

Yep—I have two bankers boxes of just general ephemera that I need to sort through. That’s my scheme to deal with memorabilia and keepsakes—sometimes things just need a couple months in a box to lose their emotional appeal and be disposed of without regret. 

Sort of off topic but with the wedding less than 3 weeks away, I'm just waiting for the next very special announcement to be made. I can't believe within the Duggar Borg somebody isn't pregnant or courting, I think it's being kept on the down low for a big reveal around the wedding to keep that gravy train rolling.

I find it a bit suspicious that they are so quiet. No posts about the wedding preparations, the last season did not allude to any future seasons. I wonder if Jabbie are on the fence whether or not to have their wedding filmed. It seemed to me JD wasn't so keen on the whole courtship being filmed and dragged on TV (that's why we only got a short homemade video of him introducing her as his "girlfriend"). Or maybe TLC lost interest in continuing the show?

@DillyDally in the video introducing Abbie neither of them seemed reluctant to film. They both said "watch us on Counting On." Her family seems more private now and since the wedding is happening in her home state they can keep Details from leaking.

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@DillyDally in the video introducing Abbie neither of them seemed reluctant to film. They both said "watch us on Counting On." Her family seems more private now and since the wedding is happening in her home state they can keep Details from leaking.

Not minding being filmed saying HI is one thing, having your wedding dictated and filmed is another. She may not want that, or he might not. While JD totes the family line and does the bare minimum for the show, I don't get the impression that he's all that thrilled about being on TV, both he and Jana have always seemed to be along for the ride, they won't be rude and turn away from the cameras, but they don't seek them out either.

@allthegoodnamesrgone again, they both said "watch us on counting on". Neither of them seemed like they were just going through the motions. I don't see this reluctance in JD that others are seeing. He's really not any different than the rest.

I searched the word Duggar on twitter (don’t judge me, I do it sometimes out of boredom), and I found these two tweets from today. Michelle was spotted in Oklahoma. The wedding’s in 2 weeks. It getting real peopleee

Spoiler

82548709-A517-463B-84BA-DD144310A573.jpeg.f84a38f03ce6dbc4f221b9abd3a1f65e.jpeg

014E965F-F81F-4881-A574-E510B8184266.jpeg.ab418759f0dad2b5a76ce84ab956767b.jpeg

"I just saw Michelle Duggar at Qdoba and I'm screaming." What the hell. Is she that scary in person?

I thought about John having a normal, low key Bachelor Party and Abbie celebrating with a Bachelorette Party and started to giggle. We would need cameras to focus on their and their guests’ facial expressions! Duggar’s Gone Wild!!!

The "I just saw Michelle Duggar at Ulta . . .  I just saw Michelle Duggar at Qdoba" thread instantly made me think of the "We're going on a picnic and I'm bringing apples!  We're going on a picnic and I'm bringing apples and bagels!  We're going on a picnic and I'm bringing apples, bagels, and cheetos!" game.

4 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

"I just saw Michelle Duggar at Qdoba and I'm screaming." What the hell. Is she that scary in person?

Sometimes “I’m screaming” means you’re laughing your ass off. 

37 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Unless there's a decent sale going on, Ulta can get expensive!! 

Can't exactly buy used and save the difference there!

On 10/20/2018 at 9:30 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Can't exactly buy used and save the difference there!

No, but you CAN go and use ALLLLLLL the samples to put your face on. lol

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Dearest Abbie, please do NOT take any makeup tips from your future MIL.

Here are your choices, Michelle and JRod come at you with make up kits and hair styling tools, Who you gonna let you do what to you?

27 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Here are your choices, Michelle and JRod come at you with make up kits and hair styling tools, Who you gonna let you do what to you?

Neither one... That would add a fourth condition under which I would run. I will run if there's a bus that I want to be on that I need to catch, someone is chasing me with the intent to do bodily harm, or I'm on an obsidian Hill and a thunderstorm rolls in with the lightning. I notoriously hate to run, but beat my sweetie and two of our other friends down the hill! None of them thought I could move that fast!

At least Jichelle's makeup has improved since the days of the early TV specials. The hair is still dated, and she wears too much bronzer, but the clownish blush and lipstick are gone. JRod looks like she's been doing her makeup the same way since high school in the 80's.

If this are my only option I will choose jrod for the makeup (just because you could wash it away as soon as she is out of the door) and Michelle for my hair. Then as soon as they hit the door I will try to fix everything I can 

Actually I would take Jill, I would love to see myself with the ridiculous make-up. But I love dressing up and doing facepainting so I would consider it a costume ?

Why are these two still not married? I need some wedding pictures and related snark in my life right now! 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived