IGNORED

Joy and Austin 24

Coconut Flan

28 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Woah, barely recognised Anna.

I went back and looked and still don't see her.  Where is she?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I went back and looked and still don't see her.  Where is she?

Back/left.

She kind of looks like someone merged her face with Jessas. As far as Jana's leggings go, I'm assuming she's layering for a little warmth. I do it quite a bit. Not that I think Arkansas is super chilly right now, just that Jana might have woken up feeling chilly.  I do think non-denim leggings would have looked better. 

LOL my BEC thought with Jana ... WTF is she wearing, that is the most bizarre outfit I've ever seen her in.  She usually dresses quite nicely, even if not my taste.

Also count me as one who didn't recognize Anna even a little!

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is not Anna. 

It definitely is her. She’s looks exactly like herself, and she’s also wearing a shirt we’ve seen her in before. This if from Margnolia earlier this year vs the party

F82CBDA6-7715-473E-A89E-DCF82874B564.jpeg

5514AF80-F286-4FF5-84A5-653DC7D60CB4.jpeg

Wow, that's a lot of babies. Anyone know who they are? I can see Sam Dillard, and is that Gideon being held by Jana? Who are the rest? I didn't recognise Anna either. 

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Wow, that's a lot of babies. Anyone know who they are? I can see Sam Dillard, and is that Gideon being held by Jana? Who are the rest? I didn't recognise Anna either. 

The others I recognize are Sierra (behind Kendra) holding her son Brooks, and Maegan Ballinger (Austin's sister, between Sierra and Jana) holding her daughter Marlie. 

No idea who the other two babies are, and I can't see the small child behind Joy well enough to tell who they are. 

On 10/26/2018 at 1:26 PM, adidas said:

I was asked to be a bridesmaid recently. She gave me a pretty box with a card - the card simply said ‘Adidas will you be my bridesmaid’ and the box had the robe to wear while getting ready on the morning of the wedding. 

If I had had bridesmaids I would've done something similar since two bridesmaids would've lived in another province and two would've been close to me. But my now ex-husband didn't want a wedding party because he didn't have any friends to be in it. 

One of my friends asked me to be a bridesmaid over the phone for her wedding this past May. When I came to visit she also handed me a wedding invitation with "will you be my bridesmaid" on it (since I guess she was going to mail them out but we'd already talked beforehand).

On 10/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, Meggo said:

I am bummed I didn't get my "I voted" sticker and I think it would be fun to go over and be with all the people voting but.. oh well. 

I voted once and only once, back when Trudeau got elected, and will probably never vote again. 

I voted because the guy in my riding was super friendly and super interested in connecting with the voters. He'd take the time to interact on Facebook or Twitter or IG, as well as out in the town, and he'd elaborate on anything that people didn't understand with politics as needed. My now ex-husband took me with to his party on election night and he knew exactly who we were when he shook our hands - and when we got married the following year he was sending us congratulations (online). And it wasn't a small town. 

But I never got my damn sticker. I was pretty miffed about that honestly. I remember leaving going "I thought we got stickers? Is that an American thing only?" and feeling disappointed. Especially when I saw on FB recently they had an election in BC (I recently moved from BC to another province) and my friend's daughter got like 3 stickers ?

On 10/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Carm_88 said:

Do we have I Voted stickers in Canada?

I didn't get one but I saw on FB a friend's daughter just did. Unless they made their own ?

54 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

I voted once and only once, back when Trudeau got elected, and will probably never vote again. 

I voted because the guy in my riding was super friendly and super interested in connecting with the voters. He'd take the time to interact on Facebook or Twitter or IG, as well as out in the town, and he'd elaborate on anything that people didn't understand with politics as needed. My now ex-husband took me with to his party on election night and he knew exactly who we were when he shook our hands - and when we got married the following year he was sending us congratulations (online). And it wasn't a small town. 

But I never got my damn sticker. I was pretty miffed about that honestly. I remember leaving going "I thought we got stickers? Is that an American thing only?" and feeling disappointed. Especially when I saw on FB recently they had an election in BC (I recently moved from BC to another province) and my friend's daughter got like 3 stickers 

Why do you think you'll probably never vote again?  It sounds like the guy you voted for the first time was pretty fantastic and you still only voted because your now-ex took you with him to the polls, but you're mad because you didn't get a sticker?

I've been voting since I turned 18, although it pains me to admit that I haven't voted in every election and sometimes I haven't read up on the issues enough to fully understand what the issues are, but I never worried about whether or not I got a sticker.  Sometimes there's a person handing them out at the door as you leave, other times they're sitting on a table for you to pick up if you want one, but most of the time I don't know if they were available or not.

Sorry I'm being so pissy about it, but I'm still infuriated that even though Hillary won the popular vote, we're stuck with the orange menace because of the @#!$^$ electoral college, and no sticker would have made that horror more palatable.

Seriously, please vote. Especially in Canada where it's comparatively easy to do so, there is really no excuse. Democracy depends on it, and you only have to look around the world and even in our own country to know that it's in trouble. If you care about living in a free country at all, you absolutely have to vote.

I was recently having a conversation with my 92 year old grandfather about voting. He's voted Democratic in every election dating back to President Truman. He even made sure to vote early in Iowa for the upcoming midterm elections. He's the coolest.

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

Why do you think you'll probably never vote again?  It sounds like the guy you voted for the first time was pretty fantastic and you still only voted because your now-ex took you with him to the polls, but you're mad because you didn't get a sticker?

I've been voting since I turned 18, although it pains me to admit that I haven't voted in every election and sometimes I haven't read up on the issues enough to fully understand what the issues are, but I never worried about whether or not I got a sticker.  Sometimes there's a person handing them out at the door as you leave, other times they're sitting on a table for you to pick up if you want one, but most of the time I don't know if they were available or not.

Sorry I'm being so pissy about it, but I'm still infuriated that even though Hillary won the popular vote, we're stuck with the orange menace because of the @#!$^$ electoral college, and no sticker would have made that horror more palatable.

Nah, not mad because I didn't get a sticker. I said I felt disappointed about not getting one.

Sure, the guy I wound up voting for seems great, yes. I did like that instead of ringing the door bell he would comment on IG that my cat was adorable, and that questions could be asked/answered online via social media. Perhaps I would have voted for him a second time, but unless he decides to move 13 hours away and run here that isn't possible.

I didn't like that I felt forced to vote. As in I was told we're going to vote and this is who you're going to vote for, and that on the way over he said he'd wished we did the vote by mail in my name so he could've just cast his vote under my name and mailed it in. 

I could've voted many times before then and I never bothered. I'm not interested in the subject enough to do research on the candidates and their platforms, therefore I don't feel like I should vote about shit that I'm not knowledgeable about. I could gain the knowledge, I just don't feel the need to do so, nor do I feel as if my vote necessarily makes a difference. 

The great part about living in a free & democratic society is that I can make the choice of voting or not. And as someone who likes to be left alone and likes privacy, this suits me just fine.

I would have to agree with you on the American electoral college bs. I remember when Trump won because I was eating dinner in a truck stop in Georgia and the owner came in and said everyone in the restaurant's dinner was on the house because Trump won. That idiot being in power was definitely not worth free dinner, and I was and am still surprised he won.

I got a vote by mail packet ( I don't remember this before now, maybe sent these out to all this round? Or, I somehowmissed this? Idk.) and it came with a sticker!  A bigun' too!  

It went off in the mail yesterday,  I chased down the mailman cause I was all excited to get it done so easily!  I always do my research which is so much easier now that we have internet,  unlike the 90's and early 2000's.  

20181027_130842.jpg

26 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

The great part about living in a free & democratic society is that I can make the choice of voting or not. And as someone who likes to be left alone and likes privacy, this suits me just fine.

The only reason you live in a free and democratic society and have the right to be left alone is because of voting. Yes, you have the freedom to choose not to vote, but frankly that's a really shitty choice. Take a few hours and familiarize yourself with the candidates running and the main issues. Decide what's most important to you and who reflects that best. Then take an hour or two (or often far less) out of your day and just vote. It's very easy and it's incredibly important. Your vote absolutely makes a difference. Even if you only do it for purely selfish reasons, if you like your life and the freedoms you have now, please vote.

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The only reason you live in a free and democratic society and have the right to be left alone is because of voting. Yes, you have the freedom to choose not to vote, but frankly that's a really shitty choice. Take a few hours and familiarize yourself with the candidates running and the main issues. Decide what's most important to you and who reflects that best. Then take an hour or two (or often far less) out of your day and just vote. It's very easy and it's incredibly important. Your vote absolutely makes a difference. Even if you only do it for purely selfish reasons, if you like your life and the freedoms you have now, please vote.

Wish I could ‘like’ this twice!

I do not understand not voting. I'm happy to be able to participate in our democracy, but I also view it as a responsibility of being a citizen.

If you don't vote - your voice is stilled. 

If you don't vote, you have ZERO right to bitch/moan/complain about those who were elected, laws that were passed that you don't agree with, increased taxes for programs you don't support, etc.

Sometimes, for certain elections, I do feel like "whatever ". Then I remember that women were thought to delicate or feeble minded to vote and our sisters fought for us to be heard as a large part of the population.  If it made no difference,  than why did we have to fight so hard for it?  Google those anti-women voting Ad's from c. 1920.  Yeah, imma vote. Even if I'm being given 1 of 2 choices. Even if that measure is sure to fail. Because it is important.  No one wants to be living in a country where you cannot. Because, at least I was heard and sometimes that measure or prop does go through in my favor.  It definitely won't pass on it's own. On the presidential level, yes, it can do it on it's own thanks to the antiquated practice of the electoral college.   Still, I'm voting. They will not push or scare me away! I will not give up my right like *they* would prefer.  America's founding fathers had a good point in regards to this, even though women were not included. 

Just now, TatertotAsserole said:

@BeermeetHey LA County buddy! I voted yesterday :)

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 1.37.38 PM.png

So, was this new or what?!

And, woot!  Hi mail voting LA buddy!!!!  Your name has me ???

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived