IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

Alyssa posted an instastory last week- it looked like a birthday celebration for Erin and Ryan’s little girl. The party appeared to be at Lori’s house. Neither Lori nor Ken were in the brief clip, but it seems strange to me that the celebration would be at their house if they weren’t home. 

Perhaps Ken is in CA and Lori is still in Door County? 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

The commenters who claim that they cannot find long shorts for their daughters are lying.  When my girls were in elementary school (only a couple of years ago), they were allowed to wear shorts to school that were at least mid-thigh length.  They are easy to find - I just looked at the Old Navy website, and they have plenty - 'midi' length - and some are on sale for $8.  A number of online retailers carry bermuda shorts for girls.  I never had any problem finding them at a reasonable price.

I feel bad for Lori's family.  Loss is hard.  Like others have said, it may have been a blessing that Lori wasn't there, since she seems more interested in making everything about her than in giving comfort to others.

I agree, the commenters are lying. I have all girls and they are ages 6, 10 & 14. I can find long shorts in all their sizes (they don't want them but that isn't the point). I can find long skirts, short skirts, in between skirts, 1 piece bathing suits, bikinis, tankinis, I can find jeggings, leggings, jeans & slacks. I can find tunic shirts, crop shirts, tank tops, backless tops (yoga style), long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, peek-a-boo shoulders, etc. And I can find all those different styles in Target, Kohls & JcPenney - so not even mall stores or expensive places.

Lori's mom - I feel bad for Lori's sisters, her children, her nieces and nephews. I don't feel sorry for Lori. She has made her bed, she needs to lie in it. I just hope she stays away long enough that the family can get arrangements around and some grieving before the narcissists comes back and starts pulling all the energy from the entire family.

26 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I agree, the commenters are lying. I have all girls and they are ages 6, 10 & 14. I can find long shorts in all their sizes (they don't want them but that isn't the point). I can find long skirts, short skirts, in between skirts, 1 piece bathing suits, bikinis, tankinis, I can find jeggings, leggings, jeans & slacks. I can find tunic shirts, crop shirts, tank tops, backless tops (yoga style), long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, peek-a-boo shoulders, etc. And I can find all those different styles in Target, Kohls & JcPenney - so not even mall stores or expensive places.

IME with evangelicals who are into modesty, the "you just can't find modest clothes" thing is a precursor to the discussion of the culture going to hell and how you must protect your children/yourself/the poor men. It is just a hobby horse with them and gives them a chance to talk about how superior they are. Sometimes, I suspected they knew that the discussion had no basis in reality. I was listening to that crap in the grunge era. Not sure what was so immodest about flannel shirts (except for the woman obsessed with the evils of buttons and zipper, but a burka probably wasn't modest enough for her--men can tell a woman is probably under there, after all). 

They will do it with adult women's clothing, too. 

I'm seriously tempted to use my dummy fb acct. that I'm not blocked with and be nasty and ask if Lori made it home from vacation to be with her mother.  I know it's mean, but I think her fangirls need to see that she couldn't cancel a vacation or leave early to be with her mom in her final moments.  But then I'd be just as mean as Lori. It's a nice fantasy though. 

33 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I know it's mean, but I think her fangirls need to see that she couldn't cancel a vacation or leave early to be with her mom in her final moments.  But then I'd be just as mean as Lori. It's a nice fantasy though. 

Well she must be really broken up about the whole thing. <sarcasm>  She's on there this morning arguing with people, deleting and bemoaning people who regret having children. :bangheaddesk:  What is wrong with her?????

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Well she must be really broken up about the whole thing. <sarcasm>  She's on there this morning arguing with people, deleting and bemoaning people who regret having children. :bangheaddesk:  What is wrong with her?????

She's doing what any grieving daughter/devoted mother, daughter, sister would do....she's monitoring the internet, just like God instructs her to do in Titus 2.

delete.PNG.719323c891f968eab9339cc9d3dcbf2b.PNG

Seems the Godly Mentor only likes TRUTH when it confirms what she already believes.  If it doesn't, she just deletes it.

Damn. I'm really having trouble deciding if Lori or JRod is the bigger piece of shit. 

If anything, this lends to the idea that Lori is still in Door County.  

Typically, the days after the loss of a loved one (and leading up to the funeral) are a blur of activity.  Family has to be comforted, arrangements and calls have to be made, etc.  In fact, I always say that one of the best times to check in on the family is AFTER the funeral, when there is nothing left to do, and shock starts to wear off/reality starts to sink in.

Lori seems to have nothing at all to keep her busy, and I'd bet that it's because she's in Door County "resting" while the rest of the family tends to her mother's final arrangements.  If I was a betting woman, I'd say Lori will get "sick" before it's all said and done.  Prayer requests will go out- "Please pray that I'm well enough to travel back for the funeral.  No, no...don't feel sorry for ME.  Just pray.  For ME!!!!"

She's walking a fine line, though.  She is very careful not to reveal to her readers that She Who Hates To Travel couldn't be bothered to stay home and care for her mother in her last days.

She posted that page with the intention of people judging that page and calling them evil. There was no real need to post or even talk about them. She could have addressed the issue without even talking about those individuals.

With just a quick look through the page many of the posters seem to be individuals with PPD or general depression; single mothers, women who left bad marriages; those who are having parenting difficulties; etc. What else is on that page? People offering support and parenting types that are probably far better than Lori. They're encouraging those who seem depressed to get help. 

I'm not a parent but I helped raise my nieces for a time and it was fucking hard. Behavioral issues, eating issues, and speech issues were just some of the things we faced. There were times we regretted taking them in but would we change it? No, never. Having regrets does not mean we don't love them. 

My mom had a series of strokes when I was three months old (mostly recovered except for some minor issues). My dad at 30 had an eight year old son who enjoyed getting into trouble (still does), a new born baby, and a wife in the hospital learning everything over again. I'm sure he had some regrets and doubts even if he never voiced it. But he stayed and fought through it. Heck my mom probably had some doubts as well. I'm sure parenting was hard for her while she was in recovery.

Lori, you should know from your present situation that life gets fucking hard sometimes. A godly mentor would be helping people and offering practical advice or support, not throwing them to your judgemental pack of wolves. 

Ugh sorry I'm just so mad at this. 

Lori writes:

I want to encourage you in a few ways that will make it easier to love your children. It’s difficult to love and enjoy children that are not trained and disciplined properly.

No Lori, I don't needs any tips on how to love my children.  I'll tell you how it went- When I got pregnant with each of them, I loved them instantly and would have done anything in my power to protect them.

The moment they were born?  It's like nothing I've ever experienced before or since.  It's cliche, but you know the old saying, "To be a mother is to let your heart go walking around outside your body"?  That was how it felt.  I was just overcome by a love that was so much bigger than me.  

A mama's love is like nothing else in this world.  These two children of mine will have that until my last breath on this earth, and even then I believe it's so strong that they will carry it in their hearts.  

My husband and I have one true goal- when we pass, we want our kids to be able to say with confidence, "Those two people loved us more than anything in the world."

A few good spankings usually deal with this the most effectively.

You are a cruel, violent woman Lori.  Your kids deserved so much better.

Every time I someone says not wanting children is selfish, it makes my skin crawl.  I've seen enough parents who were hell bent on having babies that didn't think it through and had a bad time trying to raise or care for them.  

These people can't fathom that not everyone is cut out to be a parent.  Some people have enough just holding themselves together, much less another human being that is totally dependent for a period of time.  I never wanted children.  Never really wanted to be married.   Got married...birth control went haywire, got pregnant, kept the baby.  I love her with every fiber of my being, did from the beginning.  Four years later I had my tubes tied and never looked back.  Did I regret having her?  To be brutally honest, yes.  There have been days that I did.  Having a child means you give up aspects of yourself and potential lifestyle choices.  So ok, the Lori ilk get a pass on that-yes there is a measure of selfishness there.  But really, who would want to bring a child into this world if their heart is not truly in it?  They scream about life beginning at conception but don't give two shits about the quality of life for those who can't ask to be born or not.  I'm sorry, I don't believe childbirth should be done out of "obligation" and I think it's horribly selfish to have a child solely because you just want a baby-zero forethought to what happens after they stop being a baby.  

My Girl's in college now....and we're empty nest.  I keep getting bombarded by the "are you OK??"  Most expect me to wring my hands and pull up a crocodile tear, but I can't really do that.  I'm proud of her!  And I am finally free. I'm worried about her and I hope she does well but I'm glad she was independent enough to want to do life on her own.    

1 hour ago, Koala said:

She is very careful not to reveal to her readers that She Who Hates To Travel couldn't be bothered to stay home and care for her mother in her last days.

I know, right? That's why I want to post something about it so at least a few fangirls can see it before it is deleted 

I guess she’s in need of extra attention- hoping to stir up drama between her fangirls and the other page. It’s nonsense. 

And if I weren’t banned from Lori’s page, I would ask those commenters if they would still love their child freely and openly and unconditionally if they were LGBTQ. Because Jen Hatmaker went to PRIDE Day as part of a larger group and it sounds as though there were quite a few who had been written off by their parents over just that. And I’m guessing her fangirls would follow suit. 

You know what is selfish--having babies for status. Having more and more children so you can prove how blessed and in God's favor you are.  That's all they are for Lori. Prizes. Notice how she posted that big family group photo and said this is her mom's legacy and then went onto boast that no one is divorced and all follow the Lord. To Lori and other fundies their life work and worth is via how many kids they have. When her 7th grandchild was born, her status went up. 

Selfish is also poking holes in your diaphragm. 

On another topic, I noticed how on IG she mentioned in a few days her mom would take her last breaths. Then when she died she said her mom's heart stopped beating. I find the kinda clinical way to describe death as detached. She mentioned some body part each time talking about her mom's passing.  

And she really has been on the hush hush about her WI trip this year, unlike last year where she posted so many IG photos of her trip.

Because she knows even her leghumpers would have a problem with her not staying and caring for her mom in her last days 

What a timely discussion. Today an annoying fundie Facebook friend announced her pregnancy. They have little money and she has a host of health issues but yea, those are just trivial things in the grand scheme of things in her mind. 

8 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Alyssa posted an instastory last week- it looked like a birthday celebration for Erin and Ryan’s little girl. The party appeared to be at Lori’s house. Neither Lori nor Ken were in the brief clip, but it seems strange to me that the celebration would be at their house if they weren’t home. 

on a lighter note, one thing I recall from that video....in addition to the cake and what looked like fruit and chocolate covered strawberries, there seem to be a bowl of some kind of chips on the table!  I hope they were regular potato chips! That would be awesome! hahahaha 

Recipe for Lori post cake

note: use all organic non-GMO products for extra nourishment. Best made while wearing modest garments. Being exposed to cleavage and thongs may cause the cake to rise too quickly and commit a sin :evil:

Step 1: 2 cups of humble bragging (if needed, full on bragging can be substituted for a fuller narcissistic flavor)

Step 2: add in a cup of ground Bible verse after removing the context from the center of the fruit. Dispose of context so no one will be exposed to ebilness 

Step 3: In a separate container combine a tbsp of American Ethnocentrism, misogyny, and racism each. Add these later to taste. 

Step 4: loosely chop up 1/5 cup of some "many people who hate scripture and Gods ways" and to mixture. 

Step 5: pour in 1cup liquid repetition and 2 cups liquid hypocrisy. 

Step 6: mix ingredients with a wooden spoon that has been used for spanking children. And pour into a special LoriLand cult cake pan that's been greased with 14 dollar butter. 

Step 7: bake at roughly 666 degrees. Times vary because consistency doesn't exist in LoriLand.

Step 8: let cool

Step 9: decorate with Shredded pages from How to be a helpmeet and how to train up a child. Write God hating feminists across the top and add red pill sprinkles for additional color. 

Dont forget to post pictures of your lovely creation at the most inappropriate times! Everyone will love it  

Alternative toppings: Ken's special white knight on an ass shaped sprinkles or organic lube. 

10 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

note: use all organic non-GMO products for extra nourishment. Best made while wearing modest garments. Being exposed to cleavage and thongs may cause the cake to rise too quickly and commit a sin :evil:

Step 1: 2 cups of humble bragging (if needed, full on bragging can be substituted for a fuller narcissistic flavor)

Step 2: add in a cup of ground Bible verse after removing the context from the center of the fruit. Dispose of context so no one will be exposed to ebilness 

Step 3: In a separate container combine a tbsp of American Ethnocentrism, misogyny, and racism each. Add these later to taste. 

Step 4: loosely chop up 1/5 cup of some "many people who hate scripture and Gods ways" and to mixture. 

Step 6: mix ingredients with a wooden spoon that has been used for spanking children. And pour into a special LoriLand cult cake pan that's been greased with 14 dollar butter. 

Step 7: bake at roughly 666 degrees. Times vary because consistency doesn't exist in LoriLand.

Step 9: decorate with Shredded pages from How to be a helpmeet and how to train up a child. Write God hating feminists across the top and add red pill sprinkles for additional color. 

Dont forget to post pictures of your lovely creation at the most inappropriate times! Everyone will love it  

Alternative toppings: Ken's special white knight on an ass shaped sprinkles or organic lube. 

Okay, this needs to go viral!!! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

So let me get this straight:  Lori, despite knowing that her mother was on her deathbed, kept blogging away, monitoring her Facebook, Instagram, web blog, all while in Door County, WI?  

On the one hand, maybe her mother and the rest of the family, didn't want Lori around.  But it also possible that Lori was too self-centered to get off her lazy butt and go to her mother.  Either way, not paying tribute to her mother, speaks volumes about her character (or lack thereof).

Lori, what goes around comes around, not so much in a timely manner, but it happens.  No amount of Ken galloping on his ass of truth (or his money) can save you.

8 minutes ago, freealljs said:

So let me get this straight:  Lori, despite knowing that her mother was on her deathbed, kept blogging away, monitoring her Facebook, Instagram, web blog, all while in Door County, WI?  

On the one hand, maybe her mother and the rest of the family, didn't want Lori around.  But it also possible that Lori was too self-centered to get off her lazy butt and go to her mother.  Either way, not paying tribute to her mother, speaks volumes about her character (or lack thereof).

Lori, what goes around comes around, not so much in a timely manner, but it happens.  No amount of Ken galloping on his ass of truth (or his money) can save you.

Oh, she paid tribute to her mother. If you call talking about yourself paying tribute...

"My mom called me her 'straight arrow' NOT because I was perfect but because my great desire is to walk in righteousness and please the Lord in everything. ...[a bit more about God and His ways etc] ... Many today act like God doesn't care about our obedience, but He does! ...etc etc etc..."

Lori, I believe God had something to say about honoring your father and your mother. He even attached a promise to that commandment, the only time he did that. You need to get off the damned internet and go home. Honor your father by being there for him--and don't ask him to rub your nasty feet!--and honor your mother by quietly rolling up your sleeves and really helping out with the funeral preps and condolence  calls and everything else that goes along with a death in the family. If you can't do that much, at least bake some of your einkhorn bread and put together a FRESH version of your salad and dressing to go along with all the other food that people will be bringing. And then--don't blog about it, okay? Keep it to yourself this time. Just for once...do something without making it all about you.:GRONDE:

48 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

My Queen! :worship:

7 hours ago, Koala said:

She's doing what any grieving daughter/devoted mother, daughter, sister would do....she's monitoring the internet, just like God instructs her to do in Titus 2.

delete.PNG.719323c891f968eab9339cc9d3dcbf2b.PNG

Seems the Godly Mentor only likes TRUTH when it confirms what she already believes.  If it doesn't, she just deletes it.

Where did you find the above comment? I can't find it or any comments from Lori at all.

44 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori, I believe God had something to say about honoring your father and your mother. He even attached a promise to that commandment, the only time he did that.

And that is why I cared for the mother. 

7 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Every time I someone says not wanting children is selfish, it makes my skin crawl.

It's not that I think I'm selfish because I don't want children - I don't want children because I can be selfish in ways that I know would be damaging to a child.  Because I know I wouldn't be a good mother.  Even though I'm confident that I deal with kids better than, say, Lori or JRod, that's not the same as being fit to raise them.

Of course, after years of not wanting children, and of grumbling about having no use for a reproductive system that's more mess and pain than it's worth, I'm now facing the possible removal of some of those bits because they decided to go rogue.  And wouldn't you know, I've had more than a few moments of really wondering if I could have at least one kid before closing up shop.  Honestly, though, I know it would still be a bad idea - in fact, a selfish idea - to get pregnant just because I could lose the ability soon.  I'd be a much better cool auntie for my sister's future children than a mother for my own.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived