IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

8 hours ago, EowynW said:

Lori's mom has died, according to Alyssa's instagram. 

May she rest in peace. 

And what does Lori do this morning? Upload another post to Facebook about modest clothing. BUYING modest clothing, to be precise. A company called ModLi has contacted her and asked her to do a review in exchange for a modest bathing suit. I'm not sure I'd call the post a 'review.' More like 'a mention, followed by yet another lecture on the evils of thong bikinis.'

Well, if we had any doubts before, I think we know for sure now just where Lori's heart really lies. It certainly isn't with her family, even at such a difficult time. :my_cry: 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori is promoting a company called ModLi. I can't help but wonder if they did even the most preliminary research before offering her free merchandise for review. I wouldn't want my name associated with her vile behavior (apart from calling it out). 

Thankfully, my husband has a good job and I don’t have to make money.

This sentence hits me the wrong way. 

More and more women are wearing thong bathing suits. When they lay on a towel, they look naked.

Of all days to be worrying about thong bathing suits ... 

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

When I was considering finishing an Engineering degree, the class sequences were stipulated in the 2+2 agreement. Your cousins probably did not consult an academic advisor at the CC to make sure they would fulfill the 2+2 requirements. For 2+2, there are definite stipulations, course sequences, and classes that must be taken to fulfill the agreement. 

There is not a 2+2 set up by majors here at all. The only option is to take basic core classes--i.e. freshman comp, basic math courses, the basic six hours of history most colleges require, foreign language if you don't have it. The community colleges do not offer the first and second year education courses or science courses with labs, etc...If you were going to be a straight English or history major, you could successfully do it here. If you are going into education or any high level science or engineering, you are probably going to be fucked. And the people pushing the option aren't telling parents or students that the success of saving money by doing it (the community colleges and the HS counselors) is very dependent on what major you have planned. So, no, this wasn't on them. One year of picking up core requirements likely would have been wise for the girl, because she wasn't completely sure what she wanted to do right after high school. But more than that screwed her up completely. She also chose secondary education and in our state it requires an education major and a field endorsement (major + about 21 additional hours in other areas) or two subject endorsements (2 majors). She is doing the field and very specific coursework is required for that extra 21 hours. Some of her community college work is in those areas but it was the wrong courses so it was a waste. Finally, most teaching programs start field work in the spring of freshman year or first semester sophomore year. Field work is over a semester and done in sequence. You can't do the clinical level at the same time you do the observation level. So it takes more than four semesters to complete it all. 

May she rest peacefully....

Wishing comfort for the family that was there to comfort her in her final days...especially the granddaughter who seemed to value her love so greatly.  It seems Alyssa was very lucky to have her grandma in her life.

There is a really good community college in Tulsa, my daughter took a few courses there before realizing that she wasn't really in a good emotional spot or mindset to continue studying so she went to work instead.  She may go back later on.  But when we first enrolled her, she wanted me to go with her since she really wasn't sure what questions to ask, the enrollment councilor went over the issue about credits transferring.  He basically said that they would all transfer and there would be no issues.  My daughter's boyfriend started out there as well, then transferred to a 4-year to finish his degree.  He had been told the same thing about transferring credits.  But when he enrolled at the 4-year university, he discovered that several of his credits would not transfer and he had to take a few classes again.

I have noticed the emphasis on STEM careers.  If someone really is interested in that, then more power too them.  But if they aren't, then they really should think hard about what they want to do.  My husband is an Electronics Engineer.  He was laid off over 2 years ago and we discovered then that there are no jobs in his field.  Engineering is a catch-all term to a point, there are many different facets to Engineering.  So I would suggest that anyone interested look into their specific field.

@Briefly That is what my cousin was told when he took his kids in to the community college. "No problem! You'll be able to finish in 2 years when you transfer! Look at the money you'll save!". That coupled with his wife's reluctance to have her kids leave home (she's still doing all in her power to keep them there and their son is nearly 27) led to what he seems to know was a bad decision. His wife is fine with it--it increased the years they are both totally dependent on their parents. 

I had to read a book for grad school about the changing economy from service to information oriented. One thing it talked about was the popularity of engineering fields. Some are becoming overcrowded and wages are beginning to drop. 

The loss of arts and humanities will catch up to us. The push for social studies to be the "easy" credits, which really began with testing culture, is already catching up with us. People don't understand basic American history or how the government functions already. Loss of serious study of arts and humanities will affect us culturally in many ways that no one is anticipating right now as they gleefully cut the arts from elementary and secondary schools and all but shutter the English departments on college campuses. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

@Briefly That is what my cousin was told when he took his kids in to the community college. "No problem! You'll be able to finish in 2 years when you transfer! Look at the money you'll save!". That coupled with his wife's reluctance to have her kids leave home (she's still doing all in her power to keep them there and their son is nearly 27) led to what he seems to know was a bad decision. His wife is fine with it--it increased the years they are both totally dependent on their parents. 

I had to read a book for grad school about the changing economy from service to information oriented. One thing it talked about was the popularity of engineering fields. Some are becoming overcrowded and wages are beginning to drop. 

The loss of arts and humanities will catch up to us. The push for social studies to be the "easy" credits, which really began with testing culture, is already catching up with us. People don't understand basic American history or how the government functions already. Loss of serious study of arts and humanities will affect us culturally in many ways that no one is anticipating right now as they gleefully cut the arts from elementary and secondary schools and all but shutter the English departments on college campuses. 

I agree strongly about the loss of arts and humanities.  I was in choir from pretty much the first day or school and was always very art and music oriented.  Art has been ignored and downplayed for years and that is still continuing.  Humanities studies seem to have the same lack of attention paid to them.  Both are very important.

When any one field gets all the attention, it easily becomes overcrowded and as you said, wages drop and also there are less jobs available if the field is that crowded.

11 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I agree strongly about the loss of arts and humanities.  I was in choir from pretty much the first day or school and was always very art and music oriented.  Art has been ignored and downplayed for years and that is still continuing.  Humanities studies seem to have the same lack of attention paid to them.  Both are very important.

When any one field gets all the attention, it easily becomes overcrowded and as you said, wages drop and also there are less jobs available if the field is that crowded.

I agree. When I was in seventh grade, you either took chorus or band the whole year - OR you were randomly put in a different class every nine weeks. Those classes included art, home ec, career exploration, shop, chorus, etc. One of the ones I took was art, and my life would be TOTALLY different if I hadn't taken that 9 weeks of art. It hadn't occurred to me that art was a thing you could do, but I fell in love with it, took it the whole rest of Junior High and High School, got my degree in art, and have been working as a graphic designer since college. I'm starting to see more and more that people are becoming "graphic designers" without knowing any of the basics. They either have a great eye and create beautiful designs that are completely unprintable, they are great at web design (which is as much programming as it is design) but have no idea how to do anything for print, or they know how to create files for print but don't have much eye for design. It's getting rarer and rarer to see good print designers.

Lori's mother has passed away. Lori's family members are grieving. Lori is posting about the evils of thong bikinis, which haven't been truly in style since the 90's. Even thong underwear is going out of style, Lori! Lori focuses more on other women's butts and boobs than any straight woman I've ever seen. 

My sympathies go out to Lori's family, I hope they have peace in this difficult time.

And since Lori seems not to know how normal humans act, here's some advice to help her out:

Get off of Facebook and go be with your family, Lori. Dress appropriately, show up, and keep your mouth shut. Just be there. Don't talk about nail polish or bread or modesty, and don't post later shaming women for what they were wearing or doing. Don't take photos of people to post later as examples of sluttishness. Don't complain if the funeral doesn't emphasize how submissive your mother was, or if you have to eat non-organic food, or non-homemade bread. Hug your kids if they can stand for you to, or stand quietly as Ken comforts them. Say thank you if someone offers you comfort. Weep if you feel moved, but quietly, not to draw attention to yourself. It's not about you. Be solemn and gracious, and don't complain. Now's your time to do all those things you say women should do - be meek, calm, quiet, pious and modest. Be submissive, Ken mostly seems to know how to act like a normal human, so take some cues from him if you're not sure what to do. It's your time to walk the walk, Lori! Shut up, get off the internet, and do it!

2 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh ya'll seriously? Lori's mom has only been gone a matter of hours and she had to bla ber on anout modesty.

My mother's reaction to this: 

Is she even going to go to the funeral? Or is she going to go and then write a blog post about the immodest women,  or the not Christian enough people who come or the food being wrong? 

And I see that @Alisamer had the exact same thought about Lori at the funeral. 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:33 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

You all need check out Matthew Clark on the latest 2.0 post. He is just full blown nuts. Defending Lori like crazy. I think all these men have crushes on her. 

She's the Queen of Incels!

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I agree. When I was in seventh grade, you either took chorus or band the whole year - OR you were randomly put in a different class every nine weeks. Those classes included art, home ec, career exploration, shop, chorus, etc. One of the ones I took was art, and my life would be TOTALLY different if I hadn't taken that 9 weeks of art. It hadn't occurred to me that art was a thing you could do, but I fell in love with it, took it the whole rest of Junior High and High School, got my degree in art, and have been working as a graphic designer since college. I'm starting to see more and more that people are becoming "graphic designers" without knowing any of the basics. They either have a great eye and create beautiful designs that are completely unprintable, they are great at web design (which is as much programming as it is design) but have no idea how to do anything for print, or they know how to create files for print but don't have much eye for design. It's getting rarer and rarer to see good print designers.

Lori's mother has passed away. Lori's family members are grieving. Lori is posting about the evils of thong bikinis, which haven't been truly in style since the 90's. Even thong underwear is going out of style, Lori! Lori focuses more on other women's butts and boobs than any straight woman I've ever seen. 

My sympathies go out to Lori's family, I hope they have peace in this difficult time.

And since Lori seems not to know how normal humans act, here's some advice to help her out:

Get off of Facebook and go be with your family, Lori. Dress appropriately, show up, and keep your mouth shut. Just be there. Don't talk about nail polish or bread or modesty, and don't post later shaming women for what they were wearing or doing. Don't take photos of people to post later as examples of sluttishness. Don't complain if the funeral doesn't emphasize how submissive your mother was, or if you have to eat non-organic food, or non-homemade bread. Hug your kids if they can stand for you to, or stand quietly as Ken comforts them. Say thank you if someone offers you comfort. Weep if you feel moved, but quietly, not to draw attention to yourself. It's not about you. Be solemn and gracious, and don't complain. Now's your time to do all those things you say women should do - be meek, calm, quiet, pious and modest. Be submissive, Ken mostly seems to know how to act like a normal human, so take some cues from him if you're not sure what to do. It's your time to walk the walk, Lori! Shut up, get off the internet, and do it!

I feel similarly about art. While I never pursued it professionally I always tried to maintain it as a hobby. Because I was so stressed by maintaining high grades and honor classes art classes were a relief. I tried to take them as much as possible.  I'm so sad that some students are having that taken away from them. Kids need choir and art because they deserve to be able to relax and be creative. 

Apparently these women don't keep up with current fashion.  A lot of tops that are in fashion are high neck tops. Old navy has a ton of tank tops like that. Jean jackets are really in style and can make most outfits more modest. High waisted bikinis are still in probably much more than any thong bikini. If they're having trouble finding clothes they're probably look at the wrong places. Even Walmart has cute tshirts and stuff. Problem with shorts? Go to a thrift shop find a pair of jeans and cut them into shorts. All these women should apparently know how to sew anyways so shorts should be easy. 

Maybe I should offer my services as a modest fashion consultant and make some money. 

Easiest solution? Stop sexualizing your daughters. 

Or Lori should admit that she might be a Lesbian or bisexual with how much attention she pays to these things. 

Edit: checked out Modli and while I'm impressed they have plus sized clothes and I like many of their dresses they're too expensive. I'm not going to spend over 55 for a simply swing dress as comfy as they are to wear. No parent who struggles to make ends meet will be able to clothe they're teenage daughter.

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Is she even going to go to the funeral? Or is she going to go and then write a blog post about the immodest women,  or the not Christian enough people who come or the food being wrong? 

Another odd thing. Lori posted on Alyssa IG post/photos about her grandmother (under her private account.)  The message seemed so odd:

loriannealexander: I love all these pictures and your beautiful tribute to my mom. Love you, sweetie! ❤️

why is she interacting with her daughter at a time like this on social media. Aren't they/shouldn't they be in the same place presumably? I would have hoped they came back from Wisconsin.

And it seems so cold.  Like Alyssa didn't have an independent relationship with...it's "Lori's mom"  not Alyssa's grandma.

Today of all days we have to read Lori's garbage about seeing butts on the beach. Near the end of her blathering there's this:

"The jean skirts I buy are high quality and will last. I try very hard to be wise with my purchases since we should be wise in all of our ways."

Out of aaallllll the clothing she owns, she chooses to tell her readers about her jean skirts. It couldn't possibly be in response to the backlash over her "bargain" skirt purchased for 70 bucks, could it? Her jean skirt is no longer a bargain but a high quality item made to last. The skirt has been recast to fit the message, just like everything else in her life.

Modesty swimsuits. Oh boy. #1 if I was the company that contacted Lori for a review I would have at minimum wanted a picture of the swimsuit she tried out. #2 majority are the same level of modesty that most of us wear or that anyone can purchase at Lands End. The exception is the long skirts and the weird bike shorts under the skirts (Lands End just offers long above the knee skirts or board shorts for a more modest look).

So which look is more godly I mean modest? Can you tell the difference between Lands End and ModLi?

155805960_sidebyside.jpg.bc986753df21cfd5a3a2d4ee13fec9a1.jpg

Here is the answer to see if your guess was correct

Spoiler

the blue flower one is by ModLi cost is normally $100 but on sale for $75

The black one is by Lands End - the tunic is on sale at Lands End so without a discount for the skirt (which there is 25% off the website right now; the cost is $75; with discount is $66 and the skirt I picked on the website is the SwimMini which is longer than the one pictured above.

Now, I don't get paid to promote Lands End stuff but their stuff lasts a long time. I have 2 tops, 2 bottoms and 1 rash guard from them. (I also have a rash guard from GAP, big difference, I should have bought another Lands End rash guard) They last forever- so much so that my pink swim skirt is so faded I need to get a different one but it is still good to wear (no runs, no snags, lining great, etc. The price for both suits are basically the same, but I would take Lands End over the other because of the known history of the company and LE stands behind their products.

Edit to add: Oh and I have never seen a thong at a beach. I have seen bikini bottoms in the crack but I have never seen a thong IRL.

46 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Another odd thing. Lori posted on Alyssa IG post/photos about her grandmother (under her private account.)  The message seemed so odd:

loriannealexander: I love all these pictures and your beautiful tribute to my mom. Love you, sweetie! ❤️

why is she interacting with her daughter at a time like this on social media. Aren't they/shouldn't they be in the same place presumably? I would have hoped they came back from Wisconsin.

And it seems so cold.  Like Alyssa didn't have an independent relationship with...it's "Lori's mom"  not Alyssa's grandma.

That comment from Lori is awful. It is just a plea for attention. Lori's hope is that people will read it and then pop on over to one of her pages and give her some sympathy.  

My kids are 24 and 27 and I still, when talking about their grandparents to them say "Grandma (first name)". When they lost both paternal grandparents in eight months and made mention of them on social media, I responded with something like "Grandpa loved you so much and was very proud of you." 

Maybe we are just odd, but we rarely refer/referred to our own parents as "My mom" etc when talking to our kids. Of course I still refer to my husbsnd as "Daddy/Dad" when talking to our kids - so I really could be the odd duck.  

There is no way that Lori is going to recognize that her children are grieving and that makes me (once again) very sad for the Alexander kids.

Side note: Sometimes, when talking to my husband, I will make mention of "*sigh* My  MOTHERRRRR-uh," but that is only to warn him of my current mood with her. Heh. 

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

"The jean skirts I buy are high quality and will last. I try very hard to be wise with my purchases since we should be wise in all of our ways."

Out of aaallllll the clothing she owns, she chooses to tell her readers about her jean skirts. It couldn't possibly be response to the backlash over her "bargain" skirt purchased for 70 bucks, could it? Her jean skirt is no longer a bargain but a high quality item made to last. The skirt has been recast to fit the message, just like everything else in her life.

LOL! I wore a bargain skirt yesterday. White cotton, with a white cotton lining, just above the knee and flowy. Perfect for a hot day. It was $3.50 at the thrift store, which is more along the lines of what I consider a bargain. I want to start wearing skirts more, because they're pretty. And in the fall they'll look good with boots.

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh ya'll seriously? Lori's mom has only been gone a matter of hours and she had to bla ber on anout modesty.

Another way to look at this that Lori's mother just passed away and all Ken can do is stare at bikini clad women on the beach. That is, IF they are in California at this point. 

What is the general opinion here? Do you all think Lori went home before her mother died?  Will she cut her vacation short to go to the funeral?    Nothing would surprise me from this woman. 

26 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe we are just odd, but we rarely refer/referred to our own parents as "My mom" etc when talking to our kids. Of course I still refer to my husbsnd as "Daddy/Dad" when talking to our kids - so I really could be the odd duck.  

It's not odd at all. It would strange to refer to my mom as anything but grandma when talking to my daughter. Not so for Lori, as she is the center of the universe and everything is in relation to her. 

@usmcmom no you aren't weird. When I talk to our kids about their grandparents or their dad (my husband) I say their titles - dad, grandma <name>, grandpa <name>, etc. When I am talking to my husband and I am talking about his mom, I say something like this if he just talked to her: "So what did your mom say?" And when I am talking to my husband I call him by his name or "honey" or such.

As to do I think Lori went home to be with her dying mother, no, I don't think she did. She said in one of her posts that she wasn't going home until X day and I bet she holds true to that. If she goes home early to attend the funeral we will hear her shout that from the roof tops on how she is a inconvenient and put out martyr she was for going home early. I can also see here staying in Dorr and saying that she feels her mom there more because it was their cabin, etc.

BTW - does anyone know if all the sisters own part of that Dorr county house or is it still in the parent's name or Lori & Ken?

24 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

LOL! I wore a bargain skirt yesterday. White cotton, with a white cotton lining, just above the knee and flowy. Perfect for a hot day. It was $3.50 at the thrift store, which is more along the lines of what I consider a bargain. I want to start wearing skirts more, because they're pretty. And in the fall they'll look good with boots.

I picked up a tank dress for $8.99 at Marshall's last week. That's a bargain. 

Her skirt is in the price range that I was seeing at the Polo/Ralph Lauren Outlet last week. My mom asked me how much something I was looking at was and I told her the price: 40% off of I still can't afford it. 

Why wouldn't it be "a beautiful tribute to your grandmother"???

I'll be generous here and admit that I could be picking at semantics. But this is SO WEIRD to me. As a motherless daughter and the mother of grandmotherless children, I understand nothing about this. It just makes NO sense to me. 

59 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe we are just odd, but we rarely refer/referred to our own parents as "My mom" etc when talking to our kids. 

Same happens in our house. My daughters both call me Nana if they are talking to my Granddaughter about me. I in turn call my Dad Grandad to them and Great Grandad to the Grandbean. Then again my Granddaughter is lucky to have a great, great Grandad (my Grandad) and it can get confusing if everyone doesn’t have a designated name! 

I expect it was just Lori’s way of letting Alyssa and everyone else know that Lori was more important, more grieved, more special, in her Mother’s death. After all, it’s always about poor, nasty, mean spirited Lori isn’t it.. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived