IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

12 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I'm sorry but. Damn people like this to hell. I  so sick of these people. 

He's a complete joke, and I doubt he'll ever find a woman dumb enough to marry him.  The word "pathetic" comes to mind.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Koala said:

He's a complete joke, and I doubt he'll ever find a woman dumb enough to marry him.  The word "pathetic" comes to mind.

There are countless other men just like him though. They might think the cut off age is 25 or 30, but many are just like him. I was a plain, chubby fundie SAHD who didn't get married until age 29. I met a lot of men very similar to him. 

40 minutes ago, Koala said:

It is crazy how much Lori's readership has changed.  She used to have a lot of ladies who commented regularly, but now she's left w/ the likes of this guy:

crazy.PNG.cdda1c62f85f32363c5cd669064ed01b.PNG

His comment went on...and on, but this part was just so over the top fucking crazy, that it had to be reposted.  

I'd be willing to bet the farm that this particular "prince charming" hasn't landed Mrs.  Right, yet.  Who on earth would have him, save a bunch of whining MRAs.

That's not even biologically correct?? My mother had my sister (her first child) at 32 and then had twins right after, so if she had lost 80% of her fertility at thirty, I'd hate to wonder where she would've been if she had started having kids in her twenties, per this guy's logic.

If eighteen is a woman's sell-by-date, most people (including him, most likely) would not exist. 

5 minutes ago, CatholicLite said:

That's not even biologically correct?? My mother had my sister (her first child) at 32 and then had twins right after, so if she had lost 80% of her fertility at thirty, I'd hate to wonder where she would've been if she had started having kids in her twenties, per this guy's logic.

If eighteen is a woman's sell-by-date, most people (including him, most likely) would not exist. 

Yeah, this guy has stumbled upon some statistical information and started worshiping it: none of this is correct, particularly his statement that the odds of having a child with D/s begin when a woman is 19.  The FACT is that more children who are born with D/s are born to younger mothers, but that is because younger women are having more children!

I had a child at 21, then a child at 39, and a child at 41, and a child at 43 and a child at 44.  This man has no faith in God whatever or he would not speak like this.

Going back to Ken's tribute for a moment, if anyone wants to read the tribute to Lori's mom by Ken, it is in the quote/spoiler box. Just in case someone doesn't want to give her clicks. The only thing missing from the text is the family picture with Lori's mom.

Spoiler

Dream Small

August 16, 2018 Lori Alexander Comments 4 comments

My husband, Ken, wrote this about my dear mother’s passing into the arms of Jesus on Sunday night and I thought it would bless many of you.

What a wonderful person and life well lived.
A Mom, grandma and great grandma who was the perfect example of the song, Dream Small:

Dream small
Don’t bother like you’ve gotta do it all
Just let Jesus use you where you are
One day at a time

Live well
Loving God and others as yourself
Find little ways where only you can help
With His great love
A tiny rock can make a giant fall
Dream small

It is in the simple moments that Ellen gave to us all that changed our world for the better.

Ellen never had grand plans to be a professional or have a career, instead choosing to take her life and invest it in her family and grandchildren. With her ever lilting voice she showed her joy for life and the Lord in the moments each day.

If you could pick from the fruit of her life you would find a table overflowing of love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, and kindness. Her faithfulness and servant’s heart never wavered. All who knew Ellen were very blessed by her joy and generosity.

We will miss you, Ellen Jean, as we loved you very much. We thank you for a life well lived and all the many fun times you gave us all. You sure knew how to live a joy-filled, fun-filled life while shining the Spirit of God to us all. We are better people because of who you are. From family to friends to church friends we loved you dearly.

We thank you that your small dreams became the foundation of our dreams with many more eternal blessings to come. Rest in your Lord and Savior Jesus as you have won the race that was set before you and have entered into His presence as a good a faithful servant. Job well done, Mom!

As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth…But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children.
Psalm 103:14-17

Dream small. wow. That pretty much explains Lori & Ken, don't have expectations, dream small and you will have a happy life....oh wait that didn't work for them...

(Still a maiden)

"I have a creepy obsession with the virginity of girls I've never even met."

She is at her peak at 17-18, where she can potentially land a better man than she will ever be able to later, as she ages and has less to offer a husband.  ...  Age 18 is a woman's "sell-by" date.

"I like 'em young.  Statutory rape, schmatutory rape.  I will write multiple paragraphs explaining the difference between pedophile and ephebophile.  I will also feel justified in leaving my wife for a younger woman girl as soon as she hits 25."

The age at which a woman starts increasing the odds of her giving birth to a baby with Down's (sic) Syndrome due to advancing age?  NINETEEN.

"I have zero understanding of biology, or of probability and statistics.  I'm massively ableist and see women as nothing but sex toys and broodmares."

without accounting for fertility reducing/ending STDs so common among young women who don't marry early, and instead spend college years and their twenties on the carousel

"Any girl who has ever stepped outside her father's house is a disease-ridden whore.  See above re: broodmares."

Or, to translate Luke's whole post with a single sentence: "I am a gigantic piece of shit who should never be allowed within fifty feet of any girl or woman."

1 hour ago, Koala said:

It is crazy how much Lori's readership has changed.  She used to have a lot of ladies who commented regularly, but now she's left w/ the likes of this guy:

crazy.PNG.cdda1c62f85f32363c5cd669064ed01b.PNG

His comment went on...and on, but this part was just so over the top fucking crazy, that it had to be reposted.  

I'd be willing to bet the farm that this particular "prince charming" hasn't landed Mrs.  Right, yet.  Who on earth would have him, save a bunch of whining MRAs.

Luke is funny. I prefer it when the Lukes of the world just let it all hang out like this. It makes them so much easier to aviod.

I'm willing to bet cash money that Luke is a virgin and has built up this complex reasoning system to help himself cope with his lack of appeal to the opposite sex. It's not that women don't want Luke, it's the fact that Luke doesn't want women. He's not making this up, guys. Honest. Luke has psuedo-intellectual science on his side.

Oh, the cock carousel. Fun!

Spoiler

My favorite!

2461337261_f37e357d93.jpg.691a0ea1106a06b4afdc5c154cf19869.jpg

All of this nonsense comes from refusing to see women as even remotely human. We're nothing more than dick holsters and broodmares. We certainly aren't people with our own thoughts, desires, goals and dreams for our lives. 

I'm glad these men can't find a woman to abuse and can't manage to reproduce. The sooner they die out, the better for all of us.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Imagine posting this days after your mom dies. What is she trying to say?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjA4ifgi5f/

Yikes! Looks like one of her Lori's wittle babeeee boys is having in-law problems. If that is the case, Lori should know nothing about it and her son should handle it like an adult and keep the issue private amongst his wife, her parents and himself. 

My guess? One of the "other" grandparents has told them it's okay NOT to spank your kids. We already know Erin is very much on board with harsh punishments; so Emily's parents must be...you know...reasonable and gentle and that won't fly at all with Grandma Lori. 

*Just my view from the speculation bus

Of course, I do hope that Lori's daughters read this and choose to protect their own families from their very toxic parents. 

20 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Imagine posting this days after your mom dies. What is she trying to say?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjA4ifgi5f/

I'm not sure what I take from this, but it appears that she might be talking about distancing herself from her own (deceased) mother and father, since she's under a different headship, so apparently honor thy father and mother goes out the window.

to keep the Sabbath day holy is the fourth commandment. We are to honor our parents but once we are married our spouse and children are our priority. We no longer have to obey our parents, only children are commanded to obey their parents not adults.

Oh look she commented

I think Lori has had a falling out with her family.  Not long before her mom passed, she mentioned she had to hang up on someone very close to her, and set some "boundaries" (even though in the past she has said that boundaries are unbiblical psychobabble):

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/is-setting-boundaries-on-others-biblical.html

On a semi-side note, I am going to go on record as saying that I think Ken's "tribute" was crap.  
His bit about dreaming small, and never having any desire to be a professional or have a career was a little too pointed for my taste.  It was obviously less about Lori's mom, than it was about furthering Queen Lori's point.

The ending was....condescending? too.  Like he was talking to a child who'd made some minor (fairly insignificant) accomplishment:

Job well done, Mom!

I have noticed that while family seemed to chime in to comfort Alyssa on her post about her grandma, no one in the family commented on Lori's post.  

My guess?  She's been a completely unbearable shrew during this ordeal with her mom, and her family (under more stress than usual) has just had it with her.

It's quite sad to say that people should dream small. It's a sweet tribute, but I think that the "small dreams" bit was a touch cringey and sort of hints at a lot of repression/guilt/sadness/anger towards what you could have done.

19 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Ooh, so glad you asked. This is the first day in several that Mr. Older and I are both home for dinner. We are having oyster po boys with sourdough baguettes, corn on the cob, and homemade peach/fig custard pie. We grew the peaches and figs, the oysters are from a friend's oyster bed, I made the bread this morning, and the corn is from a local farm. Summer in the Pacific Northwest is food heaven.

On the other hand, there is so much smoke from nearby wildfires that my eyes are burning, my throat is sore, and I've barely been outside all day. No danger, but a bit of aggravation. It's a reminder that this has been a horribly destructive fire season, and it's nowhere near done.

First of all yum. Second of all, we're neighbors. I've been dying in all this smoke! I love the Pacific NW, but during what is now fire season it's awful. I'm grateful no fires are near us.

56 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I had a difficult time opening this link so here are screenshots Screenshot_20180816-153603_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ba58c0524b418045bfea869a79f9a850.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180816-153722_Instagram.thumb.jpg.73ad4f2b0726ed9a679dca0792dcbd7f.jpg

Screenshot_20180816-153911_Instagram.thumb.jpg.91fd7bf590491f3e0efdc4c87c6a0af3.jpg

What if this isn't about her kid's in-laws but actually about her own mother? I mean, this is Lori...

3 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

What if this isn't about her kid's in-laws but actually about her own mother? I mean, this is Lori...

That's what I think, but I sure hope not. That would be awful!

50 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

You don't suppose she's going to try to pose as being abused or neglected, but too 'saintly' to say anything about it, especially while her mother was still living, but instead just kind of hint at unspoken problems from her childhood?  That way she could reap the benefits of her leghumpers falling all over themselves sympathizing, but if other family members call her out on it, she can claim 'Oh, I didn't actually SAY that!'   

Like you, I hate to think it, but...yeah, this is Lori we're talking about.  

So much for honor your parents.

But -- and maybe @Koala could help out here with links? -- hasn't she previously said that women should always follow their husband's guidelines, rules and leadership when it comes to the kids? That women should never go against them? 

PICK A STANCE, LORI.

21 hours ago, Escadora said:

I've been thinking more about this since I made the post and, having had some time to explore beyond my initial gut reaction of disgust and disbelief, I have to admit that I could see it being true. Just because it's not an experience that doesn't resonate with my own doesn't make it automatically not plausible. I've built such a supportive and strong community around myself that sometimes I forget that not everyone has the luxury of such acceptance. Recently I've been struggling to come to terms with the reality that I don't have any attraction at all towards men anymore, and haven't for a long time. I want to be with a woman, live my life with one, and be happy as who I am with hopefully the acceptance of my blood family as well as the one I've made for myself. I think it would break me if I were forced or coerced into marrying a man, and I'm thankful that nobody has that kind of power over me. 

Lori being a deeply closeted lesbian or bisexual woman would explain it all. The extreme lack of sexual attraction to her husband, the excessive violence against her children, who she could very well have seen as an extension of Ken and not of herself, and the ever-present disdain for women who are happier than her (and also the way she encourages suffering amongst her women followers). 

The time she was raised in, as well as the religion of the family she was born into may very well have stopped any attraction to women in its tracks and extreme teachings of the wrongness and depravity of homosexuality may well have turned any attraction Lori may have had for women into a hatred not only of herself but also of them. It's not a stretch to assume that this could manifest itself in her now obvious and overarching acceptance of men and not of women. 

But Lori's also a very nasty person. Beyond the scope of happiness, Lori has a selfish, manipulative, and just plain nasty streak. It's never okay to do to a child what she did to her own, regardless of any reasons she may have had for it. Just because we can understand it doesn't mean it's forgivable (and I know you weren't arguing that, I'm just trying to word it in a way that I myself can understand). 

If Lori truly is a lesbian I feel like it plays into every negative stereotype there is of a closeted person. I feel terrible about the very idea that she very may well have been forced into living this life that she didn't want to live and having these children she didn't want to have, and 'consenting' to all this sex she didn't want to have in the hopes that she could fulfil her religious obligations and be a good Christian. 

But at the same time, on a very childish level I don't like it. My realities of being a wlw have been soft and nice after a rough beginning. The amount of gentle love and fierce protection my friends and I have for each other is the direct antithesis of all Lori has cultivated amongst her followers, who take part in the poverty and pain Olympics like it's their only purpose on Earth (apart from being a wife and mother). I know it's not like that for everyone in the community and that I'm lucky to have what I have, but I mentioned before that I have always had a very strong love both of and for women in ways both platonic and romantic. I don't like the idea of someone so nasty, so vile, so abusive, and so disgusting sharing a quality so intrinsic to who I am with me, especially when that quality has always been one of the greatest sources of joy in my life. 

Plainly put, it makes me feel better for both myself and Lori to believe that she is attracted to Ken in some way, even if that doesn't extend to sexual activities. I'm not so much of a monster that I wish that she, in all of her spiteful glory, has lived a life of extreme confusion, regret, and sorrow because she was not allowed to act on any burgeoning love for women she might have had. As Ken is a cisgendered man I can understand how, if she is a lesbian attracted strictly to cis females, the act of penetrative vaginal sex with him would feel like an intrusion and violation of herself and her body. The thought of someone undergoing that pain for so long that they lose any love for women at all and seek to make them miserable too fills me with pity and sadness. I don't like to believe that's the life she's lived, because even if it nicely explains who she is, I feel like it could lead some to forgive her for her nastier behaviour, and forgiveness is something that she plainly does not deserve. 

I can't say it often enough, Lori is a nasty person. We all know this and recognise it, and if it were ever to be confirmed that she is in fact either a lesbian or a bisexual woman (which of course, the chances of that happening are less then remote) then I worry that all would be forgiven, and though not every wlw is soft and good and gentle like the ones I know, I simply can't reconcile the idea of such a vile women being more similar to me than she is already.

I really do think it's likely that my first thoughts were correct, or maybe I'm just clinging to it. I don't know. I think she may very well be a heteroromantic asexual, because it still explains a lot of her behaviour. I also think she is extremely narcissistic (and I know that word can get bandied about when it comes to abusive people, but I do mean the researched definitions of narcissistic), and incapable of feeling compassion (her abuse of animals as well as young children is evidence of this, I believe). I think she hates women, but then I also know that the opposite of hate and love are not each other, but the opposite to both is indifference, and Lori certainly has her opinions. 

@Briefly, thank you for taking your time to reply to me and allowing me to think more about this. I understand, I believe, where you're coming from, and I'm sorry that your relative had to live that life and your family suffered because of it. The example really helped me to process the idea, so thank you for sharing. I still don't like the idea as it applies to Lori, but I understand that my personal feelings and beliefs aren't what's important there. I certainly think it's more possible than I did a couple of hours ago, so thank you, again, for giving me some perspective. My reality isn't everyone's reality, and I think Lori would have been a nasty person no matter what path of life she had followed. 

I don't like speculating on people's sexualities. When people bring up David Waller, a rampant homophobe, and talk about his 'fahbulous' tendencies it makes me roll my eyes and get a bit stabby. Flamboyancy doesn't equal homosexuality, and I think that going by stereotypes and snippets of a blog story to judge sexuality doesn't sit well. Sexuality, no matter whose it is, is not something to be mocked and homophobia is not something to be  joked around with, it is something to be corrected or ignored even if the person themselves might be LGBT+. This conversation about Lori, and whatever orientation she may be (not that we will ever know for sure because of the world she has lived in and gone on to build for herself) has made me deeply uncomfortable because it's reminded me of the things I used to believe and say when I was a teenager. I struggle with using the word lesbian to define myself, and I clung to bisexual for so long because I didn't feel like I deserved to claim what I've come to know as such a pure and honest love, but I wouldn't be me without it. (of course, please don't misunderstand me because I mean no harm: I don't mean to imply that anyone who's found love with a man, that their love isn't pure and honest, because it is pure and honest because it's right for - the general - you. a pure and honest love is one that you feel for yourself of your own volition and not one that's been cultivated or forced upon you by society).

The narrative of a homophobe being homosexual is damaging, and I'll die on that hill if I have to but sometimes, very rarely, it is reality.

I literally just came back to posting today after taking a couple of weeks off to clear my head and gain some perspective, and I already feel like I need another one. I'm nowhere near the point of condoning her behaviour, because it goes against who I am as a person to harm children and animals and those weaker than myself, but this is the first time that I've ever felt truly sorry for Lori, and I don't like it even a little bit. This compassion lark sucks sometimes. I will stick around, though, because I need to learn how to detach myself from those we speak about at some point, and if I can do it with regards to this part of my life, then everything else should be easy. 

(sorry for the super long post, clearly I have a lot to work through right now)

I think you said everything very well.  I don't even know you but I love you!!

16 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I can sew pretty well and I'm often asked where I bought this skirt or that blouse. When I say I made it, the next question is do I sell it. The answer is no. I'm a slow and meticulous sewist and I have no problem spending fifty hours designing and sewing a huge chiffon gypsy skirt by hand. That's the reason why it doesn't look like the one at the store. When people hear that I wouldn't charge less than 150 dollars they back off. I dont care, I'm not giving away my art. And forget about mending. Why spend 20-30 dollars an hour having someone mend a blouse you paid 30 dollars for? 

All that to say you are correct. I could write you an essay on how much dislike I have for the fast fashion industry; the wastefulness of manufacturers and consumers alike, slave labor, and environmental issues are all huge problems. It's a delimma because its all some people can afford. I'm just as guilty as everyone else in fueling the fire. Target has the best t-shirts and tank tops ever! 

We had an aunt who lived with us, she was our mother's sister and had polio as a teenager.  She was a gifted seamstress and had a pretty good business, my parents turned the garage into an actual apartment for her so she had her own home and as much independence as her physical limitations allowed.  Just about all my clothes and those of my sister were made by her, she dressed most of the kids in the neighborhood and she had a lot of other customers as well.  This was the 1960's and 70's.  Around the late 70's, she had health issues and retired but it seems like around the same time is when clothes were becoming more affordable to be purchased anyway.  I know a few people that sew, one is my niece and one is my daughter, and a friend of mine used to when her kids were young.  But that's about it.  There are not even very many actual tailors in business anymore.  My daughter does sew some clothing but she also buys things at thrift stores and either repairs or "improves" them into something else.  But she could not make a living at that, it's just too easy for people to go buy clothing and I think a lot of things that are torn get donated to thrift stores anyway.  The advice given to become or assist a tailor/seamstress is beyond way behind the times.

On another note:  As a crocheter and crafter, I know how much work and time goes into the things I make.  I don't sell a lot because I don't want to, but I do price accordingly.  It really makes me mad when somebody expects to pay less than walmart prices for handmade items, and it's frankly insulting when someone expects me to practically give it away!  Like what you describe.

When Luke is talking about three children being necessary for replacement rates I would not be surprised if he was talking about the belief that many of these guys hold about the need for whites to have more children so they aren't "out-bred" by minorities. These guys have a strong fear of the world becoming less white. Which just makes his posts all the more sickening. Red pills are some of the worst of humanity. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived