IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

While I can't vouch for its accuracy, I've read that most Goldens have been so inbred that they aren't smart enough to find the other end of their leashes.  Most Cavalier King Charles spaniels have heart problems.  The breed lists of health woes go on and on.  

I find it interesting that Sarah won't furnish AKC registration for Ellie's pups until the pups are spayed/neutered.  Just another example of Maxwells not wanting to share any of their wealth (as in not posting any complete musical works on Youtube, not wanting any of their literary efforts to be shared, etc.)  My disgust for their unChristlike behavior just abounds.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Actually it does.  That doesn't mean that anyone should buy one of Ellie's puppies because of all the other reasons you said.

My bad. I didn't see that on her site, perhaps because I was blinded by rage? I'm glad Ellie is healthy and not prone to hip dysplasia or other orthopedic conditions, but yeah, she's still an irresponsible backyard breeder.

29 minutes ago, Granwych said:

I find it interesting that Sarah won't furnish AKC registration for Ellie's pups until the pups are spayed/neutered.  Just another example of Maxwells not wanting to share any of their wealth (as in not posting any complete musical works on Youtube, not wanting any of their literary efforts to be shared, etc.)  My disgust for their unChristlike behavior just abounds.

That might actually be the one responsible aspect of this whole affair.  I don't think breeding animals is reliable path to wealth and I'd be shocked if Sarah got her asking price for these puppies unless the sire is some kind of champion (but why not mention that on the page?) or their minions are clamoring to have a puppy from the Maxwell Kennel.

1 minute ago, Black Aliss said:

I'd be shocked if Sarah got her asking price for these puppies unless the sire is some kind of champion (but why not mention that on the page?) or their minions are clamoring to have a puppy from the Maxwell Kennel.

I suspect the latter.  The sire is a dog "imported from Poland" who has also passed the OFA and Sarah's other vague references to other testing per the site.

Here's what the GRCA says about the so-called "English Cream."  And there is no guarantee that even breeding two very light dogs will result in more light dogs.  She could end up with some lovely toffee colored golden pups.  

https://www.grca.org/about-the-breed/articles/english-cream-golden-retrievers/

39 minutes ago, Granwych said:

While I can't vouch for its accuracy, I've read that most Goldens have been so inbred that they aren't smart enough to find the other end of their leashes. 

That can be true for nearly every popular dog breed.  That is why it is so important to go through responsible breeders who know what they are doing and breed for health, working ability, and temperament if you are going to spend major $$$ on a dog.  

I get worried when people breed for color, or rather lack of it. Pigmentation matters. White dogs are more likely to be congenitally deaf, and you see this problem in overly line-bred breeds like all white Parson Russells, Boxers, and Dalmatians.

And don't get me started on the people who breed double dapple dachshunds for looks. :(

What on earth is Sarah talking about, "In a world where fathers are not valued?" Most people value their fathers very highly. I have a standing lunch date with mine every week and my husband talks to his on the phone every other day. Why on earth would they tell her that most people don't value their fathers, and why would she believe this even over the evidence of her own eyes? Surely she sees families (fathers included) enjoying being together when she's out at Aldi or walking her dog or getting mochas or whatever it is she does. 

I’ve been without my dad for 8.5 years and I miss him everyday.  

It’s almost insulting when she says things like that.  Then I remind myself she lives in an alternative universe.  It just shows you how out of touch they are. 

Because in Sarah's world, unless you show absolute obedience to everything that your father says and don't question anything that he does and are afraid to breathe without his permission, then you don't really value your father. What an awful life they lead!

1 hour ago, VodouDoll said:

What on earth is Sarah talking about, "In a world where fathers are not valued?" Most people value their fathers very highly. I have a standing lunch date with mine every week and my husband talks to his on the phone every other day. Why on earth would they tell her that most people don't value their fathers, and why would she believe this even over the evidence of her own eyes? Surely she sees families (fathers included) enjoying being together when she's out at Aldi or walking her dog or getting mochas or whatever it is she does. 

Although I'm sure it was deleted, I asked them to cite there sources on father's not being valued.

One of my granddogs is cream colored and when my son-in-law found this starving puppy in the street down somewhere near Columbia, SC, we thought he might be a Golden  or a Golden mix.  Nope, he's a Great Pyrenees or a Pyr mix.  That's what my groomer said when we had him in for a bath and darn, if he doesn't look like a Great Pyr, just a bit smaller.  He's still pretty big, but not as big as your typical Great Pyrenees.

@Palimpsest, a couple of us dachshund lovers had to school an Aussie dachsie breeder on Youtube a year or so ago about dapple genetics.  You not only don't EVER breed two double dapples together, but you don't even breed two regular old dapples (aka merles) together.  There is too great a risk of having impaired pups.   Some double dapple pups are born without eyes, for instance.  

Coat and eye color genetics in cats and dogs are pretty interesting.  White coated. blue eyed cats and dogs are more likely to be deaf and even odd-eyed cats and dogs are more likely to be deaf regardless of coat color.  My deaf granddaughter is also heterochromatic so it's not just cats and dogs.

3 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

What on earth is Sarah talking about, "In a world where fathers are not valued?" 

The Maxwells are better than everyone else. They love and value their father more. 

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I’ve been without my dad for 8.5 years and I miss him everyday.  

It’s almost insulting when she says things like that.  Then I remind myself she lives in an alternative universe.  It just shows you how out of touch they are. 

I’m so sorry. My dad passed away 8.5 years ago too. I had so much love for him and he was an amazing dad. He always worked two jobs and made time to go to all of his kids stuff and spend individual time with us. Unlike Sarah’s dad my dad taught me, a female, to think for myself. To want an education beyond high school. He taught me I had value and if a guy didn’t see that he wasn’t worth it. 

5 hours ago, Granwych said:

I always bought labs from my friend who breeds them.  She is retired now, but she was the top lab breeder and her dogs were also show dogs.  Although I didn't show my dogs.  I had four at once until the last one passed away at 16 years old.  No more dogs, it's too upsetting when they pass.  Who buys pure breeds without getting papers?  I would never do that. 

Just now, theologygeek said:

I always bought labs from my friend who breeds them.  I had four at once until the last one passed away at 16 years old.  No more dogs, it's too upsetting when they pass.  Who buys pure breeds without getting papers?  I would never do that. 

Cheap people buy allegedly purebreds without papers.  Although, most AKC papers are pretty worthless; unscrupulous breeders can get around registering litters as AKC.    I had a lovely mutt many years ago.  A friend had bred her AKC Irish setter to an Irish male; seven puppies were black and 4 were red.  My friend learned that the owner of the male had a German shepherd who had "accidentally" bred the female too.  My friend could have wrongly registered the red pups since the male Irish was AKC  too,   She did sell the red pups as purebred without papers and found homes for the black ones.  

Now I miss my not-so-little terror.

If Ellie got out of the house one night, had sweet fellowship with a beagle and got pregnant would they make her have an abortion?  Asking for a friend.

In regarding today's barf inducing post you have to have a license to drive a car, get married, and catch a fish but any asshole can be a dad.  That quote describes Coward Steve Maxwell to a T!

"Dad loves surprises and is a great surprise crafter."  Surprises?  Doesn't that go against the all powerful schedule?  

Sarah's only discernible talent seems to be distorting the English language beyond recognition. "surprise crafter"? You're telling me a 36 year old woman wrote that?

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Here's what the GRCA says about the so-called "English Cream."  And there is no guarantee that even breeding two very light dogs will result in more light dogs.  She could end up with some lovely toffee colored golden pups.  

https://www.grca.org/about-the-breed/articles/english-cream-golden-retrievers/

Ha!  That's the same thing I said when she first got the dog.  She got taken when she bought it.  Whoever sold it to her put one over on her, and now she is the one putting one over on people. 

17 hours ago, bluelady said:

In a world where dads are not valued?  Wherever did she get that idea?  Because women work outside the home and husbands don't need to be the sole provider?  Because daughters choose to leave the "umbrella of protection" and live on their own before marriage?  Because children are free to disagree with their dads?  Because sometimes dads are flat wrong (and get called on it)?  

What horseshit.

Overwhelmingly I think that the mentality of the White Christian Patriarchy (TM) is  that anything that isn't fawning adulation is "PERSECUTION!!!!11!!!!! MUH FEE-FEES!!!11!!!!"

6 hours ago, fundieundies said:

Sarah's only discernible talent seems to be distorting the English language beyond recognition. "surprise crafter"? You're telling me a 36 year old woman wrote that?

I didn’t even notice this (I honestly didn’t read the whole thing thoroughly bc of what I said above).  It’s early in the am and I sat here thinking about Steve pulling homemade cards out at dinner... could. Not. Imagine him as a guy who made crafts as a surprise.  (Pulls out a gimp key chain at breakfast) “Jesse! I made you this key chain to hold a key for your new house!!”

Spoiler

31F83807-7400-415D-AC3D-71DBA2E40492.thumb.jpeg.274c44b37752d56b6197eaa356f235db.jpeg

Then it dawned on me what she meant.  He “likes surprising others”.   Surprise crafter.  Crafter of surprises. Wtf Sarah, wtf.

The part that pissed me off about the Hail Dad Steve post was how his grandsons adore him. No mention of granddaughters. Why not just say grandkids - oh yes; because everything in that household has to do with the almighty penis!

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Hide contents

Then it dawned on me what she meant.  He “likes surprising others”.   Surprise crafter.  Crafter of surprises. Wtf Sarah, wtf.

Oh my goodness. Thank you for posting this. I also thought Sarah meant that Steve pops up with surprise crafts. "A birdhouse!" NOW I get it. He crafts surprises. Gotcha. 

Why are fundies HELL BENT and making the real world (outside their bubbles) out to be some heap of garbage? I know this might shock Sarah but my father was very much in my life although my parents divorced when I was young. And 99% of my friends with divorced parents also had their fathers in their lives.  Just because Steve didn’t have a fantastic relationship with his bio father doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. It’s so obvious that Sarah only sees the world through Steve’s eyes. And that’s a huge failing on his part as a father. 

Other than feeding , clothing and housing them I think Steve fails on every level of fatherhood.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why are fundies HELL BENT and making the real world (outside their bubbles) out to be some heap of garbage? I know this might shock Sarah but my father was very much in my life although my parents divorced when I was young. And 99% of my friends with divorced parents also had their fathers in their lives.  Just because Steve didn’t have a fantastic relationship with his bio father doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. It’s so obvious that Sarah only sees the world through Steve’s eyes. And that’s a huge failing on his part as a father. 

Re the bolded, the sad thing is I'm sure Steve and Teri think it is a testament to his success as a father and the "leader" of the family.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived