IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but with Lauren, it really feels like everything is staged and practiced. She somehow gives me the creeps, which is only more intensified by the fact that Josiah looks freaked out at times. Usually the men in the Fundieland are the ones who give heebie-jeebies, not so much the women. They give me other things, often not good, but not the creeps. She gives me the impression of a really dramatic, bad actress who drank the Koolaid once, drank it again and never stopped drinking it. Like it was her childhood wish to marry a Duggar, and she had everything planned and now that she snagged one, she isn't letting go. Those vows? Creepy too.

She’s very young and very very fervent, either by training or personality. She’s infatuated, most certainly hiding nerves, etc And it’s the biggest day  day she will ever have, even before giving birth probably. She may be overwhelmed and overwrought but I think creepy is not it. Let’s just see how she is when the dust settles. 

Abbie with her death grip and I am gunna kill a bitch face is far more Creepy actually. If that had been a fundie guy imagine the uproar here. 

The breathy voice drives me BONKERS. Girl, stop it!

My analysis of the kiss: over compensating. Deliberately making it as aggressive and sexy as possible to quiet any naysayers. I would NOT like that as my first ever kiss. 

What did Lauren’s mother mean that she will have 2 important days in her life? The wedding being one, what is the other? 

I would say her first child being born but then that means any others she are not important and that can’t be it. That’s a good question!

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

What did Lauren’s mother mean that she will have 2 important days in her life? The wedding being one, what is the other? 

Probably referring to the first as the day she surrendered her life to Christ.

1 hour ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I took it to mean Jesus is number 1. Accepting Jesus into your heart/ being saved is always number 1. Getting married is important, but you gotta marry your heart to Jesus first and that is The most important thing for any of them....ever

4 hours ago, Smash! said:

Maybe Josiah wasn't unhappy he just didn't want to show his emotions in front of 1000 people. Some people are uncomfortable being the center of attention. 

Josiah always loved to be the center of attention. He was easily one of the most talkative and out there Duggars. So that just doesn't ring true for me. Perhaps, he changed a bit as he grew older...I don't know. I just don't think so. The fact that he seems so blah in comparison to how he was for other weddings, just seems off. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michelle’s dress really isn’t that bad. 

And she's wearing real shoes .

The dress would be better if the skirt was narrower, like on Lauren's mom's dress.

Michelle’s dress looks good on her, but in that screenshot she looks like she’s sucking a lemon.

Is that Lauren’s mom? Damn she’s hot.

I don't mind Michelle's dress (it certainly ain't no Tin Man monstrosity).

I don't know where fashion is in the US but those sleeves are bang on trend in the UK (even though I personally don't like them - but I'm no Gok Wan/Tim Gunn) and it's nice to see her not in a maxi dress. 

I think the fact that Lauren seems like a brainwashed little girl, and one that's acting as a beard is what makes it feel off. 

(I know the beard spec isn't popular here but that's all I think of)

My brother in law is the jokiest joker that ever joked, loves being the centre of attention and has been (somewhat happily) married to my sister for 30 or so years.  At his wedding, he looked dead behind the eyes and like he'd rather been anywhere else in the world 'cause he was nervous/terrified by the whole process.  Not saying anything about Josiah, just sayin.

14 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I don't mind Michelle's dress (it certainly ain't no Tin Man monstrosity).

I don't know where fashion is in the US but those sleeves are bang on trend in the UK (even though I personally don't like them - but I'm no Gok Wan/Tim Gunn) and it's nice to see her not in a maxi dress. 

Yes, bell sleeves are very trendy in the US now too, it feels like every other item at Old Navy and Target have those. I admit I have like 4 bell sleeve tops now. We also saw them in other fundie weddings - Dan + Deena Dillard's bridesmaids (including Jill), the Bontrager/Bowers double wedding bridesmaids (see pic below):

image.png.1a8eb5a8012ca1077a6f5935eb24b36e.png

I don't think people here are criticizing the bell sleeves per say, but more the entire dress style/silhouette on Michelle based on her age and body shape. The A-line/fit & flare skirt on the dress is more for a younger, slimmer body, on Michelle it looks infantilizing. I agree with someone that a narrower skirt like on Mama Swanson would have looked better. The bell sleeves also always look best when they're not too wide and start past the elbow. Someone else said "Little Bo Peep", I think that's an accurate description.

image.png.8bc26118ee672942aff10b02a89f9480.png

14 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

My brother in law is the jokiest joker that ever joked, loves being the centre of attention and has been (somewhat happily) married to my sister for 30 or so years.  At his wedding, he looked dead behind the eyes and like he'd rather been anywhere else in the world 'cause he was nervous/terrified by the whole process.  Not saying anything about Josiah, just sayin.

Yep, that very well could be it, but we will never know what Josiah did or didn't feel. We will only get regurgitated bible verses and God's timing. If they lived in the real world and had a chance to get to know each other, I think people would feel less uncertain about this wedding. Sadly, Josiah and Lauren live in Duggar-world where if they don't like each other, they're stuck.

Unless there's a tell all some day by Josiah, we will never know if it was just nerves or if it was serious doubts/regrets. We won't know if he truly wanted to be with Marjorie and that because of the failed courtship felt pushed into making the next one really work. We don't know and we will never know. We only have the wedding as seen and filmed by TLC and some awkward videos. Hopefully, they're happy. If they're not, they're stuck.   

Maybe Josiah was trying hard to make it Lauren's day, and Lauren/her family decided that they wanted it classy vs. a prankfest.  I thought Josiah seemed OK, if somewhat subdued, and that Lauren was performing for the camera.

I really like the color and style of those bridesmaids dresses in that double bride wedding. Initially, looking at it, I thought I was looking at a lesbian wedding. I just bought a top with bell sleeves, and I think it's pretty. I agree that certain details of Michelles dress weren't flattering, though generally a pretty dress. 

Does anyone have a link where Europeans can watch the episode? Please?

Judging from the pictures and random thoughts:

- I like Michelle's dress and would actually wear it myself but would prefer it longer.

- Josiah looks pensive

- Lauren looks way into it but for the wrong reasons, maybe?

- that's 7 Duggar children down and 12 to go...

- So Josiah will definitely not be the groom to Lauren Caldwell, he picked a different Lauren.

- Lauren Caldwell might have the coice between 6 Duggar boys in a few years but I think she will end up with either Jed, Jer or Jason => which would make it the first chance for the Duggars to have double-first cousins int he family

- I wonder if the Bates or the Duggars will have 2 pairs of siblings get married first? My bet is on the Caldwells  and Duggars.

- And still the question remains: who will give birth to the first Duggar grand-twins?

Is Lauren's mom hispanic?  Wondering between her middle name and her mom's olive complexion, and if so, has that been discussed already on FJ?  (Not that that would normally be anything unusual but this is the Duggars....)

15 hours ago, BunnyBee said:
  Hide contents

350842721e907eab716adcd7feb92fc3.thumb.jpg.91f354e59da1088baf6ae70ef7ffbd7d.jpg

FAMY sighting! 

Who is the woman in the far top left corner?  SHE IS SO OVER THIS BULLSHIT. Hero alert! :clap::clap:

I got married nine years ago and had bell sleeves on my wedding dress. I did not like them but dealt with it. It’s kind of hilarious that they are so in right now. I’m still not a huge fan. But if other people like them, then go for it. 

I wouldn’t say Michelle’s dress is beautiful nor would I say it’s fugly. It’s ok. It could have been so much worse. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived