IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

I’m so glad Marj got away. She could never do this if she had become a teen bride. I’m glad she’s having fun and enjoying the single life. 

10C113AC-6903-4269-8CC3-87A34D8E025F.jpeg

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2018 at 2:45 AM, squiddysquid said:

@metheglyn Why does Michelle look so miffed at every wedding and baby announcement?

Is she really that jealous and bitter? That woman has serious issues, if you ask me.

Jeez lady, just be happy for your children and enjoy the grandkids!

iffed.JPG

Michelle loved her some attention...now that she's no longer PG every 12 months and others are achieving their own milestones, Michelle likely is having a bit of an adjustment to riding in the back seat! Well, she needs to learn how to deal with her very real new season of life.

Mr. Kittens and I met through online dating. We kept it strictly online for three months, despite being in the same town. We had a few dates before I invited I’m over for dinner and we wound up making out on my couch for six hours. After that we decided that yeah, were actually dating. After that it was 20 months until we were engaged and we were married 11 months after our engagement. He thought it was fast. I thought it was painfullly slow, but then again I *knew* it was him earlier than he knew it was me. 

I tried to watch the wedding episode on youtube last night. It's to the point that I can't separate one wedding from another! I really cannot stand Lauren and 'Siah--Idk. They DO seem a little more into it in the episode than in that stand-alone video, but I thought, like always with this family, they were ready for the Prom more than marriage. I didn't get the "finally have sex" vibe from them, either. Maybe they just have better manners about that part, but I really don't know. I'm sure they'll do the right thing according to their upbringing, but a few years living on their own, doing normal stuff would sure help them.

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle loved her some attention...now that she's no longer PG every 12 months and others are achieving their own milestones, Michelle likely is having a bit of an adjustment to riding in the back seat! Well, she needs to learn how to deal with her very real new season of life.

"And I DELIVERED EVERY ONE OF THEM" it's about HER!!!

On 7/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, xenobia said:

For the FJ's (including myself) who aren't from the US - here's a link to the wedding episodes on Youtube. (Not my channel). 

I thought the entire thing was lovely.

Josiah was always my favorite Duggar of all.

I haven’t seen the show in years, since we cut cable, so I appreciate @xenobia‘s posting here. Thank you!

And that first kiss? Whoa, Nellie!

I feel He would not have been happy for long with Marjorie and her hammy, attention loving way and she would not have been happy for long being a Duggar bride either.  

9 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

First date to marriage in three months and that was fifteen years ago. Best thing we ever did, marrying each other. 

My little sister literally married a boy she'd been dating for a year right out of high school at 18. THey're still going strong 4 years later. 

My friend's brother proposed to his future wife on her last day of high school - unusual even for Orthodox Jews. He was 22, she was barely 18, they had dated/courted less than two months, and didn't so much as hold hands until after the ceremony. Are they holier than the Duggars yet?

Oh yeah, but they waited three years for their first kid, until they were both done with schooling.

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

By the time MrSlytherin and I met in person, we had spent countless HOURS on the phone, ICQ, email, AIM, etc. My last phone bill before he came to the US was $900 and that was using those old "call around" numbers to get 2.2¢/minute phone rates; his was £1,200. We finally decided to meet in person. He sold almost everything he owned, booked a one-way ticket... Five weeks to the day after his arrival in the US, we were married. That's 19+ years ago, and we're still going strong. :)

But we had a full YEAR of long conversations that included ALL the critical "stuff" that couples must discuss, our dreams, our fears, our plans, our beliefs (including politics, religion, etc.), and all that... We knew each other in a way that people who spend that first year getting to know each other IN PERSON, don't get to experience.

We had a one-minute conversation in real life, then about a fifteen-minute conversation two months later. Four months later, we had a three hour phone call the day before that first date. We knew it was for life within the first week; we just “knew”. Engaged after six weeks and married about six weeks later. We have quite a bit of an age difference and my friends thought we were a little crazy, but everyone accepted it pretty happily. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so glad Marj got away. She could never do this if she had become a teen bride. I’m glad she’s having fun and enjoying the single life. 

Oh wow! While I doubt they were drinking, clubbing, or gambling this is definitely a worldy vacation spot for a young fundie. Also, those gams in shorts and kitten heels! You go, girl.

Who wears short shorts? Marj wears short shorts.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

“ **Salvation city**” lmaooo ok Marjorie 

By now Marjorie would probably have popped out 2 Duggarlings had she married Josiah. What a difference a single decision can make in a life.

Sorry, Lauren.

6 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

“ **Salvation city**” lmaooo ok Marjorie 

Put this up on the shelf right next to "daughter-in-love", "perfect makes progress", and "angel's advocate".:?

On 7/24/2018 at 1:44 AM, moreorlessnu said:

I should have been more clear. There was a nice scene between Joe and Josiah that seemed genuine. I don't remember if JB gave Joe words of wisdom at his wedding. I was trying to figure out if TLC keeps JB sightings to a minimum, or if there is some sort of friction between JB and Josiah and that's why there was no "words of encouragement" from JB.

I finally watched the wedding and have to correct my impression. 

I still think they like each other and are comfortable with each other.... as very close friends. I see love but not exactly the love of a couple. More the love of partners.

They both looked like acting a part in the wedding. His fake tears, her emphasis on making their marriage a gospel. They both seemed eager to pretend what was expected of them. 

The vows were unexpected too: „if we have children“, being „the confident“...

JB looked rather serious till the end of the ceremony almost as is he feared one of them stepping out of it. 

My guess there is something going on but they both know exactly what they were getting into but dealt with it differently. She acted overly excited and he got more quiet and stiff.

Might explain the strange thank you video.

I could still be absolutely wrong. Maybe I read too much FJ before I watched it and it subconsciously made me see things. 

On 7/24/2018 at 11:49 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Also, those gams in shorts and kitten heels! You go, girl.

Her outfit is really cute, but I don't think she's wearing heels, just standing on her toes. This other shot shows it a bit better:

Screenshot_20180725-231947.thumb.jpg.9901e0252bdffc25761f0a9fc209f023.jpg

(Sorry that it's a screenshot. I haven't figured out how to link Instagram yet.) There is this one, too:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180725-232259.thumb.jpg.bb52b21e2209c048bbe876c3df5f1b01.jpg

In regards to “Salvation City,” Vegas is in the top 20 of churches per capita in the US. A big chunk of my very baptist, maybe even fundie light side of the family lives there. They’ve got some super mega mega churches!

On 7/22/2018 at 1:39 PM, Carm_88 said:

Why do some people talk so slow? Our weatherman is from Philadelphia and I could give birth to triplets before he gives out the 7 day forecast. Me nerves! 

On 7/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

Eddie Sheer left? Havent been keeping up with news lately.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:23 PM, Carm_88 said:

Nope that's the one. 10 million years, 50,000 ums, and lots of touching his fingers. Finally he gets out that it will be foggy forever. 

so because i like to learn about local things that are far away from me (i've never been to Newfoundland and Labrador), this conversation piqued my curiosity to the point that i googled Eddie Sheerr and listened to him talk.  yep.  S...L...O...W...  but i'm weird and i got wrapped up in a FB live video from last year where he went to a neighborhood buried under some 3m of snow, and now i'm following him....

I watched the wedding on YouTube the other day and was honestly quite shocked. I had read all about the episode here, but was still surprised by it.

Josiah's tears were so fake and strange, and the kiss was too. Also, the way he lifted her up was just so theatrical - and yes fake. There seemed to be no real joy. I do wonder about  the "if the Lord blesses us with children" bit. Perhaps one of them have been diagnosed with something that could potentially cause infertility...

Overall, I saw no spark or excitement at all. I can't help but compare it to the Joe and Kendra wedding where Joseph was clearly drunk with love. I feel bad for Josiah. :(

4 hours ago, Galbin said:

I watched the wedding on YouTube the other day and was honestly quite shocked. I had read all about the episode here, but was still surprised by it.

Josiah's tears were so fake and strange, and the kiss was too. Also, the way he lifted her up was just so theatrical - and yes fake. There seemed to be no real joy. I do wonder about  the "if the Lord blesses us with children" bit. Perhaps one of them have been diagnosed with something that could potentially cause infertility...

Overall, I saw no spark or excitement at all. I can't help but compare it to the Joe and Kendra wedding where Joseph was clearly drunk with love. I feel bad for Josiah. :(

I completely agree. Even before I watched the wedding, I got the vibe that Josiah and Lauren were just so. . .empty. I've always gotten a pretty empty vibe from Josiah; he seems like a mirage that sometimes disappears from the family. But with Lauren, he rose to a whole new level.

Like with Ben and Jessa, they were kind of awkward at first, but then eventually eased into a trusting relationship. Joe and Kendra were head over heels over each other (and still are) while full of passion. Joy and Austin started off as friends, fell for each other, and seemed sexually frustrated (yet in love) by their wedding.

But Josiah? I would have forgotten he even got engaged if I wasn't active on here. Both him and Lauren tried to hide it, but both of them looked like they didn't really want to be there. No passion, no tears, no tension. Lauren's dad got awfully emotional for a borderline emotionless couple. I found it strange Josiah posted nothing on his Instagram regarding his wedding, but having seen it, I think I can guess why.

A part of me feels bad for the two; I'm very confused for why they married. I'm sure both (but probably mostly Lauren) were getting pressured to marry, but no one forced them to marry each other in particular. Ah, what can you do?

The fact that Lauren seems like the perfect Stepford (Gothard?) Helpmeet doesn't help matters. Looking at them, I get the feeling that they are both doing 'what is expected' of them.

I sincerely hope that they are happy.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, just_ordinary said:

They both looked like acting a part in the wedding. His fake tears, her emphasis on making their marriage a gospel. They both seemed eager to pretend what was expected of them. 

The vows were unexpected too: „if we have children“, being „the confident“...

JB looked rather serious till the end of the ceremony almost as is he feared one of them stepping out of it. 

My guess there is something going on but they both know exactly what they were getting into but dealt with it differently. She acted overly excited and he got more quiet and stiff.

Yes to "acting a part in a wedding"--though they WERE. What if this was absolutely NOT what they wanted as a wedding? I doubt they had much say in having a big tv wedding.  But his tears were so fake-yI felt they'd stopped filming and said "Hey, 'Siah, dude, could you sprout a few tears here?"

I need to re-watch the vows.

JB--I kept thinking of him grabbing 'Siah that time when JB made them all get together for a family photo and then they told the kids J'chelle was having Jubilee and Siah ran off. JB WILL stay in control.

I think 'Siah did what he was told and got married. It beat staying at home and the girl wasn't unattractive to him. But I do think he wanted something else from life than being a handyman/real estate/car lot guy and having umpteen children. I also think Marjorie might have been in on that, but douche-bag Joshy screwed that up.

Just my 2 cents

We don’t in fact know that Josh has anything to do with Marjorie and Josiah breaking it off. I prefer to think she realized that what she wanted out of life and the mold they would force her into were two totally opposite things.

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

We don’t in fact know that Josh has anything to do with Marjorie and Josiah breaking it off. I prefer to think she realized that what she wanted out of life and the mold they would force her into were two totally opposite things.

My theory is that it was a mix of both. From what I've seen, Marjorie seems more like an average fundie than a Quiverfull one. She clearly enjoys freedom, and marrying a Duggar takes that freedom away. She may have realized this while courting, but still liked Josiah personally, so sat on the fence regarding ending the courtship. And then the Josh drama pushed her over the fence. But I know little about Marjorie and wasn't invested in the Duggars back when they were courting, so I could be completely wrong.

20 minutes ago, agentshade said:

My theory is that it was a mix of both. From what I've seen, Marjorie seems more like an average fundie than a Quiverfull one. She clearly enjoys freedom, and marrying a Duggar takes that freedom away. She may have realized this while courting, but still liked Josiah personally, so sat on the fence regarding ending the courtship. And then the Josh drama pushed her over the fence. But I know little about Marjorie and wasn't invested in the Duggars back when they were courting, so I could be completely wrong.

But the families knew each other. The Duggar kids wouldn't have been allowed near them if they didn't pretty well adhere to all the Gothard rules.  Josiah was also supposedly working with her Dad seeing what a graphic designer did for a living.  In their announcement video, Marjorie seemed like that kid in the drama club who lived to be on stage even though she didn't have tons of talent. She seemed to want the "part" of 'Siah's courtship prospect. So, either she was "worldly" enough to get a certain vibe from 'Siah or her Dad spent time with 'Siah and didn't approve. Her parents may not have been wise to the Joshy scandal either and may have backed out due to that. Or 'Siah (or JB) could have learned of "sin" in Marjorie's past. The guy has given his word--he can only break it off for "cause" like sin in her past.

I think college is the best thing that happened to her. It's not THAT strict of a school, not like Pensacola. She should be really grateful for getting to back out!

I think Lauren looked beautiful and the least "samey" looking of all Duggar weddings so far. I havent read much in to Siah looking so serious; when I married (and I am a strict Atheist!) I took the vows very seriously-even keeping "obey" in (we were not married in church either) because of my very chaotic upbringing-so my normal happy, jokey persona was quite sombre&serious in comparison. It was more vowing to myself my children wouldnt suffer the same as I did.

Josiah may have been the same, taking it very seriously but I imagine for very different reasons

Edited as repeated upbringing for no good reason haha

Also, the kiss was more Nike than a pair of Air Max

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived