IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

Maxine Maxwell
Maximus Maxwell
Max Maxwell
I read about an Abraham Abraham in a history book about the Pacific theater and March of Bataan. He went by Abie Abraham. :) He was maybe the 10th or 12th kid; they ran out of names!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What!!!!?? She's pregnant and Sarah hasn't announced it? I wonder if there are feelings involved. 

It does seem weird. But now that there's a post about it here on FJ, we can expect the Maxwells to announce it in 5...4...3...2...1

2 hours ago, fundiemomnot said:

I just posted this elsewhere, but realized this is probably the right place. Sorry if that is against blog etiquette.

Doesn't it seem like Steve is having a fued with John and Chelsey by not allowing a post about their pregnancy on the Titus2 blog? It's been 17 days since Chelsey posted about the pregnancy on her blog and there have been quite a few really, really long boring posts about hiking and face painting. Sarah even changed her usual blogging schedule which makes it really suspicious that she would change her schedule for another face painting post and not a pregnancy post.

Thoughts? I find it fascinating.

Considering that they waited until someone pointed out that Elissa was visibly pregnant in a candid photo to be like "oh yeah she's preggo again", I wonder if it's some kind of beef. With Elissa, since she features pretty rarely on the blog and has a negligible social media presence, I can see her being more private and the Maxwells respecting that. But Chelsy is pretty active in social media/blogging, so it's not like she's a super private person; I hope you haven't invited any vegetarians over for dinner because I think there's some beef

Read her bio. A choleric introvert? Choleric personalities are irate and easily angered. Chelsy, I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

18 minutes ago, bea said:

Read her bio. A choleric introvert? Choleric personalities are irate and easily angered. Chelsy, I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

I’m guessing that just like her brother Josh, she has very little self awareness.

Well, they just posted; it's fresh. Was it planned that way, or is this the same thing as the engagement announcement? We'll never know. (singing) That's the way(uh-huh-uh-huh) Steve likes it(uh-huh-uh-huh)........

43 minutes ago, bea said:

well according to her brother Josh, "Bontragers like to use big, rare, words." He didn't say they like to use them correctly.

Feel free to move this if there's someplace else it should go.

"Yes, it could have been any of the couples, but the obvious grinning couple was John and Chelsy. We older ones hugged and shared congratulations."

We older COUPLES?

We older _______

Oh, Sarah, you've done it again!

Sarah writes that they announced the pregnancy while Mary and Anna were on their soooper sekrit minstry trip. That was quite a while ago. Steve deliberately kept this quiet and his attitude is that of a snotty seventh grader. 

I was thinking about this last night and it seems Steve really REALLY does not like Chelsy.  I know most of us have been saying that for a while but this pregnancy announcement thing just seems SO calculated and mean. I hope John can man up and tell his parents that this blatant disrespect for his wife and marriage just won't fly. 

I also hope they pack that baby up fairly quickly and move to Bontrager land. Steve and Teri can get a taste of being the "other" grandparents that only get a visit a couple tims a year. 

Um, so Sarah cropped out the couples' joyous heads/faces in that shot on the blog, and it's only them FROM THE NECK DOWN with the heart-over-belly thing?

Because headless uterus makes it perfectly clear that someone is pregnant? Full-length shot or just happy faces shot would be too much subtlety for this family I suspect.

I kept scrolling up because I thought it was my browser bwahahaha

12 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I was thinking about this last night and it seems Steve really REALLY does not like Chelsy. 

If Steve doesn't like her, she must be doing something right! Mwahahaha

Um, so Sarah cropped out the couples' joyous heads/faces in that shot on the blog, and it's only them FROM THE NECK DOWN with the heart-over-belly thing?
Because headless uterus makes it perfectly clear that someone is pregnant? Full-length shot or just happy faces shot would be too much subtlety for this family I suspect.

Sweet barking Baphomet, I just saw that.
BITTER MUCH, SARAH?

Flee, Chelsy. Flee to Botranger (sp?) land ASAP.

I may be wrong, but maybe Chelsy's personality is such that on some level she enjoys sticking it to Steve and doing things he doesn't approve of because she, unlike the poor Max daughters, is a grown woman that can make decisions for herself. Or maybe I'm projecting. Lol

Dollars to animal crackers says the only reason they posted about it was because we were discussing that they hadn't, here.

HI, STEVE!  :whistle:

42 minutes ago, erunerune said:

I'm sure it's because Sarah/Steve thought her dress was too immodest; you know how they feel about skin showing beneath the clavicle!  It probably made Steve weep all the tears when he saw that dress. Plus, it isn't a potato sack dress and actually shows that she has breasts.  And the way Sarah cropped the picture actually makes it look like Chelsy is wearing a white modesty t-shirt underneath the dress. It's only when you see the whole picture that you see she isn't.  I also think she played with the levels a bit to make it appear that way.  See pics for comparison: 

image.png.c10a1fff2de76981e0db7d47bcb7268c.pngimage.png.443b8a93dc6ac4618bda04bd667b3e85.png

8 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

I'm sure it's because Sarah/Steve thought her dress was too immodest; you know how they feel about skin showing beneath the clavicle!  It probably made Steve weep all the tears when he saw that dress. Plus, it isn't a potato sack dress and actually shows that she has breasts.  And the way Sarah cropped the picture actually makes it look like Chelsy is wearing a white modesty t-shirt underneath the dress. It's only when you see the whole picture that you see she isn't.  I also think she played with the levels a bit to make it appear that way.  See pics for comparison: 

image.png.c10a1fff2de76981e0db7d47bcb7268c.pngimage.png.443b8a93dc6ac4618bda04bd667b3e85.png

Maybe it was just my early-morning brain, but when I first saw the headless pic I thought that Chelsy was facing John and that he had his hands on her ass. I was thinking, "Well, that's a weird pregnancy photo!" 

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Sarah writes that they announced the pregnancy while Mary and Anna were on their soooper sekrit minstry trip. That was quite a while ago. Steve deliberately kept this quiet and his attitude is that of a snotty seventh grader. 

I was thinking about this last night and it seems Steve really REALLY does not like Chelsy.  I know most of us have been saying that for a while but this pregnancy announcement thing just seems SO calculated and mean. I hope John can man up and tell his parents that this blatant disrespect for his wife and marriage just won't fly. 

I also hope they pack that baby up fairly quickly and move to Bontrager land. Steve and Teri can get a taste of being the "other" grandparents that only get a visit a couple tims a year. 

Nah, I think you are reading too much into it.  They also neglected to mention that Joseph and Elissa were expecting Kyle until very late.  The announcement of Chelsy's pregnancy on the Tits2 blog would need to wait until Sarah decided to schedule it and they had a family meeting to give her permission to make that post. Not that I think Steve approves much of Chelsy.

Elissa and Joseph have historically been very private.  Chelsy is the outlier with her very own blog. 

1 hour ago, bea said:

Sweet barking Baphomet, I just saw that.
BITTER MUCH, SARAH?

This.  

What Sarah meant to say (my edits in bold):

We’re excited to share the Lord has blessed John and Chelsy with a baby due January 23rd, 2019!  I had to share this news because Free Jinger has been talking about it since Chels announced it on her blog. How dare she have a blog! 

We’re so grateful to have a family who not only values children but loves them. The rest of the world hates them.  John and Chelsy announced with a creative flair.  But giving Dad a rattle was much better. When you get to be the fourth one married and twelve nieces and nephews down the line, you have to think outside the box. it is hard for anyone to fake excitement.  And God only knows when I will get to be married.  My biological clock is getting closer to midnight every day.

One Sunday, when everyone was gathered for lunch (except Anna and Mary were on their trip the one that is super secret), John had his plan. When someone prayed to bless the food, John wasn't praying, he quickly taped Psalm 127:3 over our Scripture board.  It was so original.  Children are an heritage of the LORD.

Opening our eyes, we looked at the board, and we knew someone had baby news! We are so clever and this was entirely expected. Yes, it could have been any of the couples, including the ones who only just had babies because no birth control,  but the obvious grinning couple was John and Chelsy.  And we've all been wondering when they would finally announce the news.  They've been going at it like bunnies since January.

We older ones hugged and shared congratulations. Mom and I were thinking not another noisy little rug-rat for Anna and Mary to babysit but we had to be polite. I loved watching the nieces and nephews as it dawned on them, and the talk began. Even Drew looked across the table and asked one of his cousins if they’d just heard the news! The nieces and nephews adore new babies!  I can't think why.

Chelsy is just over half way and feeling great 

Love,
Sarah, still waiting for Prince Charming.

3 hours ago, punkiepie said:

You know, when I first saw the pic I assumed it was because they value the unborn over the born (which they definitely do), but I bet you're right. That hussy is walking around not covering herself in shapeless garments that hide any indication that she has secondary sex characteristics. She's such a terrible influence over the "girls". Mary's skirts are already near above mid-shin and I damn near saw her knee in one of the hiking pics.

Do you think Steve knows Chels has a post on her blog about how it's important to her to keep her waist defined even when wearing heavier fall/winter outfits? Seems like that alone would have been enough for Steve to threaten to disown John over.

23 minutes ago, Dru said:

Do you think Steve knows Chels has a post on her blog about how it's important to her to keep her waist defined even when wearing heavier fall/winter outfits? Seems like that alone would have been enough for Steve to threaten to disown John over.

Right? Steve has issues with the female body, period. If he catches a glimpse of cleavage when she wears her maxi dress he'll never get over it. 

I also asked yesterday on their blog if there was some kind of feud going on because it seemed so strange to me, given that Chelsy had two posts about already. Surprisingly, my comment wasn't posted:)

Also, why is Terri suddenly the one moderating blog posts instead of Sarah?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived