IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I don’t like tea or coffee (I know right!!) so maybe, if I do have kids at some point, I’ll know I’m pregnant because I *want* them! :pb_lol:

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Back when I was having kids 20 some years ago it was no coffee at all and she's still drinking it but I think the rules have become more lax on that.

I read the above as "back when I was having 20 kids years ago...".

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I assumed they would. They seem the most alike and are in similar life stages. Plus Elyssa keeps her distance from the Maxwell’s better than Mel and Anna. I sometimes wonder if Mel and Anna are so close with Steve and Teri because they need more help with the children. Elyssa can probably handle her two pretty well and Chelsy doesn’t have any yet. It makes me wonder if Elyssa and ChelT the Aunties for a break. 

Mel & NR Anna have many children and need Mary & Anna to co parent with them. Also, they get knocked up pretty often & Mel has rough pregnancies & gets lots of help at those times. All their kids spend so much time with Mary & Anna that they themselves probably see them as co parents. They need Teri to pity them for being in the trenches & spend 15 minutes once a month doing school with them.

Elissa & Chelsea are much less overwhelmed & don't need the co parenting or pity. Yet.

Chelsy will like first go to her family if she needs help, though. That'll keep her a bit more out of Maxhell. 

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

NR Anna couldn't come due to sickness, or because Prisstopher won't let her hang out with Chelsy on account of her being a bad influence?

I've lost track, is NR Anna pregnant again?  Is that why she's sick?  I can't keep up with all these "arrows", "blessings", "littles", whatever.

27 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Chelsy will like first go to her family if she needs help, though. That'll keep her a bit more out of Maxhell. 

how close do they live from the mother ship?  Iirc there was much clutching of pearls when Joseph moved almost a mile away.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I've lost track, is NR Anna pregnant again?  Is that why she's sick?  I can't keep up with all these "arrows", "blessings", "littles", whatever.

No, that post was from some time ago. As far as we know, Anna is not currently pregnant. That said, Elizabeth is 9 months on Friday, so if Anna is not pregnant now, she will be very soon. 

On 11/18/2018 at 7:10 AM, fundiefan said:

By keeping his kidults so isolated, he guarantees they will only interact with those he interacts with, thus keeping his pecking order in place. Even Christopher & Joseph found brides among the followers, making the incoming family members perfectly in line and on board with the chain of command. 

To my mind, this makes the Bontragers more dangerous than the Maxwells. Maxhell revolves around what could loosely be called Steve's cult of personality. It's all about him, and how he controls others. I picture him a bit like a knot tying his family down.Take away the knot, and all the threads are free to make their own way as best they can. Succession will depend on someone having the ability to pick the threads up.

The Bontragers though (and I'm not that familiar with them so could be talking out of turn) seem to have a bit more freedom. Their conformity is imposed from inside themselves which means it matters a lot less if Papa Bontrager is there or not. They will continue those beliefs without prompting or controlling from an outside source.

Does that make sense? 

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

I immediately assumed "sickness" translated to "knocked-up".

14 minutes ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I immediately assumed "sickness" translated to "knocked-up".

So do I especially when it comes to the Maxwell’s. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived