IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

According to a couple of online public records sites, they may be back in NM now. 

Thanks so much for this update!  Was your impression that they returned to Gallup? 

I hope Rebekah has returned to writing now that the kids are mostly grown, unless all of her creative talent has been smothered by twisted patriarchal beliefs. 

After raising all her  kids (6 I think) she should be in a great place to write YA fiction, unless it turns out to be Pearl-ized object lessons. 

I just looked up Watersmeet, MI. It's a tiny town in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  Gorgeous area, pristine woods, streams, lakes, brutal winters. 

WIKI: Watersmeet Township is a civil township of Gogebic County in the Upper Peninsula of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,417 at the 2010 census, slightly down from 1,472 at the 2000 census. Chippewa students made up half of the student body and winning high school basketball team in the early 2000s.

I wonder if Gabe Anast has some Native American ancestry or other link to Native American communities.  Gallup is heavily Navajo and the Zuni reservation is close by. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Was your impression that they returned to Gallup? 

Seems like it -- their names show up as being associated with a Galllup couple -- last name is also Anast. Guessing this may mean Gabe & Rebekah moved into one of their properties or even into the same household. 

7 hours ago, Howl said:

I wonder if Gabe Anast has some Native American ancestry or other link to Native American communities.  Gallup is heavily Navajo and the Zuni reservation is close by. 

Re: Gabe's heritage. He could be NA but I've never seen any information one way or the other.

OTOH, he & Rebekah were sued by the US Government, the Zuni Tribe and the Navajo Nation over encroaching on Zuni tribal water rights. IIRC, they drew too much water from the Zuni Basin drainage.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

OK, I did a quick google search for Gabriel Anast + Gallup, NM and he is listed as living in a 1,600 sq ft house in town. 

A George Anast is a long-time real estate agent in Gallup. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, hoipolloi said:

Not too long ago though (within the past 2 years), they had launched another web site featuring Rebekah's books & writing. Will have to see if I can find it again online. 

Found it, and they’re still grifting.

• Thank You 2

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Found it, and they’re still grifting.

Now I also want a “deep-pill” mat!!11!! 

(My spelling SUCKS, but I would proofread every letter 10 times and then the words. Then get a few different people to do so. Especially in the first 2 sentences of my website!)

Edited by Mrs Ms
Spacing
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, @hoipolloi!  I bow to your powerful google fu! 

Gabe Anast: Also, experience poverty if you have not yet done so. Forgive some debts. Take a year off work as God leads you. Poverty is a fantastic instructor.

Says the guy who decided to take some time off from working and supporting his family while he studied the Bible and let his family struggle in dire poverty.  In a patriarchal situation, they had zero say in his decision and that marriage is an extremely patriarchal one. 

I have zero idea how that web site works.  And then I thought, they are into crypto currencies.  And BOOM!  Yup, They are into crypto currencies.

Send Any Crypto: Any type of crypto that you would like to swap for membership will work.  Tell us what type you want to trade using the form above. We will send you a deposit address.

Pro: Their web site looks professional, but are they trying to pre-empt all of the existing informal trade economies that exist everywhere, plus the "free" listings on craigslist, NextDoor and all over the place?  And it's floating in space. It doesn't seem local to their community, which is where it would work best. 

Cons: WTAF?

The photo on the Rising Curiosity opening page looks like a Peruvian market stall. It's a lovely photo, but that market stall does not operate on a trade economy.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Their web site looks professional

Gabe is or was a web designer. Back in the day, he did such work for the NGJ business. And, yes, crypto-currency accepted -- this did not surprise me. 

Judging from their explanation of how trading would work, it appears that they will always benefit from any given exchange but whether or not the other party will is doubtful. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Judging from their explanation of how trading would work, it appears that they will always benefit from any given exchange but whether or not the other party will is doubtful. 

I'm just not understanding how this Rising Curiosity works. First, terrible name. It does not in any way point to the transaction taking place. 

Are they taking a Godly cut for facilitating the exchange/trade/barter via crypto currency?  They aren't too damn forthcoming on the website.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Are they taking a Godly cut for facilitating the exchange/trade/barter via crypto currency?  They aren't too damn forthcoming on the website.

It's a grift. Once again, they're begging online. It also looks like there's a discussion board or "community" for members-- has 7XSunday been resurrected with all of the wackjobs and idiots who used to idolize the Anasts? 

There are different types of membership but it looks like the primary or preferred levels involve providing the Anasts with goods or services, or giving them cryptocurrecy. In return, I guess you get digital copies of Rebekah's deathless prose, poetry, and music. Whoop-de-doo, as Archie Bunker used to say.

Gabriel and Rebekah Anast are still a pair of schnorrers. Hope their kids have been raised to know better but it doesn't seem likely.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

There are different types of membership but it looks like the primary or preferred levels involve providing the Anasts with goods or services, or giving them cryptocurrecy. In return, I guess you get digital copies of Rebekah's deathless prose, poetry, and music

Maybe they  are in a digital community of like-minded people and it could work...somehow.  So...give them crypto.  Or maybe the deliberate vagueness is to...wait for it...RISE CURIOSITY! 

Oh, and "be generous..." 

But back to crypto.  This signals to me a certain mind set. Anyone have any insights on how crypto works in the prepper fundy alt reich patriarchal wingnut crowd? It has to all be related. 

ETA: "I just googled crypto currency and religious fundamentalism"    Highly recommended! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

On 12/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, Howl said:

Gabe Anast: Also, experience poverty if you have not yet done so. Forgive some debts. Take a year off work as God leads you. Poverty is a fantastic instructor.

Fuck this noise, fuck all of it. Sometimes people do experience poverty, and it cannot be helped. Those who do, desperately wish they did not. But to CHOOSE poverty (as Mike Kidbeater Pearl once did-- I remember stories about them living off of dry cow corn and CAT FOOD) and to make your children experience it is unconscionable. If you want to live in poverty because you think it's a *~virtue~* or whatever; do that before you have kids, or after your kids are grown and out of the house. Don't drag your innocent children into it, you rusty latrine spade.

Fuck off, Gabe Anast. You can work a job and still have time to read your Bible, you know.

🤬🤬🤬

Edited by PopRox
Rage- induced riffles.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

Fuck this noise, fuck all of it. Sometimes people do experience poverty, and it cannot be helped. Those who do, desperately wish they did not.

Quote from a blues singer: "I've been rich and I've been poor, and believe me baby, rich is best."

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Anyone who has the luxury to decide to “live in poverty” for a set period of time is just an asshole justifying their children’s neglect. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

If you want to live in poverty because you think it's a *~virtue~* or whatever; do that before you have kids, or after your kids are grown and out of the house. Don't drag your innocent children into it, you rusty latrine spade.

Or your wife who has very little agency in the marriage. You want to live in poverty and study the Bible then take a vow of celibacy and join a monastry - there are certainly orders that would accomodate that quite well. Don't drag people who you promised to support into the mix without any consultation.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Rebekah being the daughter of Michael Pearl, was almost certainly into it, because patriarch and Jesus.  It had to be right, because Gabe as her husband is to be fully supported in all things at all times, literally without question or complaint. 

Edited by Howl
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Gabe as her husband is to be fully supported in all things at all times, literally without question or complaint. 

She used to speak about "reverencing" her husband. 🤮

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 5

On 12/4/2021 at 8:02 AM, hoipolloi said:

Still, it's all a bit difficult to understand in light of her parents' DECADES of promoting & tolerating abuse within a family, whether it's child-beating manuals or Debi telling women they had to avoid provoking their abusive husbands.

From that link (a quote from Michael at the end of CTBHH):

Your husband will answer to God, and you must answer to God for how you respond to your husband, even when he causes you to suffer.Just as we are to obey government in every ordinance, and servants are to obey their masters, even the ones who are abusive and surly, ‘likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands’…

Is that so, Mikey?

My ex has gone down the crypto rabbit hole. Not sure if I should be worried (our financial settlement hasn’t happened yet).

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Smee said:

Just as we are to obey government in every ordinance, 

Except when it comes to “being unequally yoked with sodomites,” right, Mikey?

• Upvote 4

Just as we are to obey government in every ordinance

That's a riot.  They are 100% tax sheltered under No Greater Joy and refuse sodomite marriage, but yeah, every body gets a drivers license and their septic system is in order. 

I'm really intrigued by the Pearl offspring.  I'd guess Rebekah is the most "observant" Pearl, utterly subsuming herself and her talents to her husband to a depressing degree. Her sons will do fine; their daughters will marry someone just like Gabe or worse. 

Shoshanna, on the other hand, is off in left field, separated* from her husband, being the influential parent to her son and blogging about it, being independent to a degree, but maybe that's OK because Michael Pearl is around all the time? 

There's not much to go on with the Pearl sons. I'll just assume they are somewhere on the patriarchal asshole spectrum. 

*Nobody has admitted to divorce, so I'm assuming still separated.  I also want to know why Shoshanna doesn't seem to be affiliated with Plexus anymore; it was a huge money maker for her.  James still works at Plexus headquarters, right? Was there some theological or other type of spat with Plexus that was a deal breaker, because...well...has to be something. 

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

That's a riot.  They are 100% tax sheltered under No Greater Joy and refuse sodomite marriage, but yeah, every body gets a drivers license and their septic system is in order. 

I'm really intrigued by the Pearl offspring.  I'd guess Rebekah is the most "observant" Pearl, utterly subsuming herself and her talents to her husband to a depressing degree. Her sons will do fine; their daughters will marry someone just like Gabe or worse. 

Shoshanna, on the other hand, is off in left field, separated* from her husband, being the influential parent to her son and blogging about it, being independent to a degree, but maybe that's OK because Michael Pearl is around all the time? 

There's not much to go on with the Pearl sons. I'll just assume they are somewhere on the patriarchal asshole spectrum. 

*Nobody has admitted to divorce, so I'm assuming still separated.  I also want to know why Shoshanna doesn't seem to be affiliated with Plexus anymore; it was a huge money maker for her.  James still works at Plexus headquarters, right? Was there some theological or other type of spat with Plexus that was a deal breaker, because...well...has to be something. 

Shoshanna was asked about her different opinion on dressing modestly when compared to her father’s writings. She hasn’t ever responded. Although she usually responds to a lot of questions on FB. She’s quite interactive. But completely ignores questions about her parents having different opinions and beliefs. 

• Upvote 3

Have any of the Pearls sounded off on the January 6th insurrection? I assume they are more likely to be sympathetic than not. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Howl said:

Quote from a blues singer: "I've been rich and I've been poor, and believe me baby, rich is best."

Money can't buy happiness...

But it sure can eliminate 99.9% of life's problems that cause stress and make you unhappy! I'm positive that if suddenly, nothing else in my life changed at all except I became extremely wealthy - I'd totally be much more happy. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Have any of the Pearls sounded off on the January 6th insurrection? I assume they are more likely to be sympathetic than not. 

Not sure, but on facebook,  Shoshanna and The Boy went to The City to hear (I think) Candace Owens speak, and were, of course, totally on board with all of her idiotic BS. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2021 at 7:20 AM, Howl said:

Do any of the other Pearl spawn have a social media presence these days? 

Gabe and Rebekah Pearl Anast have gone totally silent.  They were in Gallup, NM, Rebekah has published several YA books, she had a blog, then radio silence. They moved to Watersmeet,  MIchigan, then nada.  They didn't have that many kids (6) but the oldest son could likely be married by now.  Of all the kids, Rebekah seems to have bought into the "utterly subservient and submissive to the patriarch" the most, really to the point of groveling.   While still living in Gallup, NM, there were some lean times when Gabe decided to devote himself to studying the Bible instead of working hard to support the family, keep the utilities on and food on the table.  But wasn't that wonderful, because patriarch and God? 

I have to wonder if Shoshanna is the favored child.  She's stuck close to home and seems to be very much like her father. 

Interesting that the Pearl's were never into Quiverfull.  Debi and Mike had five kids and two of their kids maxed out at six. 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, Howl said:

Thanks so much for this update!  Was your impression that they returned to Gallup? 

I hope Rebekah has returned to writing now that the kids are mostly grown, unless all of her creative talent has been smothered by twisted patriarchal beliefs. 

After raising all her  kids (6 I think) she should be in a great place to write YA fiction, unless it turns out to be Pearl-ized object lessons. 

I just looked up Watersmeet, MI. It's a tiny town in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  Gorgeous area, pristine woods, streams, lakes, brutal winters. 

WIKI: Watersmeet Township is a civil township of Gogebic County in the Upper Peninsula of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,417 at the 2010 census, slightly down from 1,472 at the 2000 census. Chippewa students made up half of the student body and winning high school basketball team in the early 2000s.

Watersmeet is home of Northwoods, part of Gothard IBLP. it says it is temporarily closed.  Does IBLP (Bates and who ever else is now running that cult) still own the property? I find it very interesting that they picked Watersmeet, considering what other fundie group is already established there - even if they were there for a short period of time. 

BTW - I would love if Northwoods was the FJ retreat center that offered stays for the public and all sorts of awesome retreats based on our thread drift topics and our hobbies. :D 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic