IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

On 9/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, smittykins said:

That reminds me of the scene in the Rankin-Bass classic cartoon “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” where Kris Kringle and Jessica walk into the woods and say their vows with the animals present because “no town would have them”(as Kris was still considered an outlaw).

I’d rather have animals watching than Michael Pearl and his ilk. 😂

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Shoshanna has now reposted another person's comment on abusive marriages & domestic violence. 

Some of her responses to commenters are interesting:

321762640_ShoshannaEaslingtalksaboutabuse.thumb.png.b261e2c380e90c9fce639f0cbecfe4c7.png

The sad thing is that if Shoshanna really wanted to help those who are still in abusive relationships, she should be honest about her situation. That would carry far more weight as a message to her leghumpers than the deceptive vague-booking. And being honest doesn't mean disclosing many or even any details of what happened. It just means telling the fucking truth about yourself & your marriage, especially after spending so many years selling another image altogether. 

6 hours ago, Howl said:

She was pulling in epic amounts of money and I can't imagine she would stop that income stream on her own. 

If she no longer works for Plexus for whatever reason, I wonder what the financial arrangements are for her & James. Is he now paying significant alimony & child support, if they're divorced? She still features Plexus shite in some social media posts and as of June 2020, she & James were still together as a Plexus couple.

• Upvote 10

I'm curious how she's acknowledging abuse exists. I wonder if she'll ever admit her parents are abusers!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Shoshanna has now reposted another person's comment on abusive marriages & domestic violence. 

But her own long post is...bewildering...and vague.  I'm fascinated by the end of Shoshanna's post:  Find a good qualified Christian professional counselor. 

Qualified and professional are doing a lot of heaving lifting in that sentence, and I suspect she selected those words, especially professional, with great care.  It's certainly making a quiet but important  distinction between qualified professional and Biblical counselor. 

Lawzamercy, recognizing abuse,  leaving the abusive spouse and then getting professional counseling is straying far, far away from Created to Be His Help Meet territory. 

• Upvote 18

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Lawzamercy, recognizing abuse,  leaving the abusive spouse and then getting professional counseling is straying far, far away from Created to Be His Help Meet territory. 

ITA. Clearly, whatever has happened has shaken the Pearl foundational principles to the core. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

ITA. Clearly, whatever has happened has shaken the Pearl foundational principles to the core

I also find it intriguing that Shoshanna is clearly using her fb page to...opine about this and that, but it's really a form of teaching. 

But this "vague booking" drives me crazy.  Was she abused by her now-ex husband? Emotionally? Physically?  It seems that if she wasn't, she would have clarified in her post that she's speaking in a general, rather than personal, way about these issues. 

I did note her clarification that if one has suffered in a marriage, one doesn't owe an explanation to anyone.  So there! 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I'm curious how she's acknowledging abuse exists. I wonder if she'll ever admit her parents are abusers!

I was just thinking this - but more than that because her dad definitely abused her mom on their honeymoon and one has to wonder if his behavior continues today.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

17 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Never!  She still is very close with her parents; Micheal Pearl appears to visit them once or twice a week to hang with the grandkids, which is a form of support for Shoshanna.  She just posted something Debi had written a few days ago. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Never!  She still is very close with her parents; Micheal Pearl appears to visit them once or twice a week to hang with the grandkids, which is a form of support for Shoshanna.  She just posted something Debi had written a few days ago. 

Yeah, I guess I cannot see Michael putting up with his precious daughter being abused. HE is the only one allowed to abuse a Pearl.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

No, Shoshanna says he’s at her house once or twice a DAY. I guarantee he’s trying to fill in for the ex husband. I’m sure he thinks there needs to be a man in the house for her sons. Her parents are probably vilifying James and not looking at themselves at all.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

In which Shoshanna's father, Mike Pearl, plays with her youngest child while wearing his gun. 

291032782_ChildBeaterPlayswithGrandchildWhileWearingaGun.thumb.jpg.0080f137a133392829f08029937f5610.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

In which Shoshanna's father, Mike Pearl, plays with her youngest child while wearing his gun. 

The gun is holstered. Most holsters have an extra little strap to keep the gun holstered. I don't have a problem with a holstered weapon. If it was loose, like in his waistband or pocket, then I may have an issue. My son in law is usually carrying, in a holster. My grandson knows not to touch it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 8

Wtf he is totally bonkers- that's a child why would anyone  have a leathal weapon out and on display when playing with a child- what possible need is there for it. 

Why would you have a gun on open display around kids it's a terrible idea.

I grew up on farms, guns were licenced and locked away only brought out when there was a task handled only by the gun owner and for the shortest peroid necessary  not used as some sort of tiny penis compensation accessory. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

He is wearing a gun in his or some one he knows house, playing with a child. This is ridiculous and is playing into huge parts of the gun issues in the US. No one needs a gun walking around in a private home, on a day to day basis period. This is play acting some ridiculous game of politics and machismo that does lead to people's deaths.

We don't trust kids with markers and our sofas or young teens with a car why do we think they will have sense with guns?

Spoiler

Removed

Edited by tankgirl
Decided to remove personal stories
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, byzant said:

Wtf he is totally bonkers- that's a child why would anyone  have a leathal weapon out and on display when playing with a child- what possible need is there for it. 

Why would you have a gun on open display around kids it's a terrible idea.

I grew up on farms, guns were licenced and locked away only brought out when there was a task handled only by the gun owner and for the shortest peroid necessary  not used as some sort of tiny penis compensation accessory. 

Now I grew up on farms also. In the 1970's, no one batted an eye when  kids drove their pick-ups to school with filled gunracks in the back.

Now I had these hillbilly/mountain man type relatives, who, in the 70's, lived on about $10,000/year, $5,000 of which was spent on dogs, liquor, guns and gas for their hunting and no-account running around on their kids and families. They slept with pistols under their pillows and were armed to the teeth at all times. I lived in reverence of these men and really had no inkling this was abnormal.

Fast forward I got married and we gave them some furniture . My husband said, when they came to move the items, "why are these men wearing guns in our house?". Again, I had honestly never given a second thought to this because I thought it was normal. But after his comment, I began to reconsider the normalcy of our family values.

If it's all you know, you don't know different until you get exposed to a different idea.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I don't recall Michael Pearl being all 2nd Amendment or discussing guns in the past and don't recall any display of open carry in any past photos.  This open carry crap may be a relatively new thing. 

Frankly, I'm not too concerned with his open carry and far more concerned about how his gun(s) are stored when not on his person. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, byzant said:

tiny penis compensation accessory

Exactly what's going on here with Mike Pearl & with so many who insist on open carry. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

One thing that comes to mind with open carry is how incredibly easy it would be for a skilled person to disarm you and a) grab your weapon out of your holster and use it against you or b) steal your weapon. 

Instead of being a deterrent (Hey, I'm a way scary guy WITH A GUN), the weapon makes one a target, giving a whole new meaning to "Come and take it!". 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

14 hours ago, Howl said:

I don't recall Michael Pearl being all 2nd Amendment or discussing guns in the past and don't recall any display of open carry in any past photos.  This open carry crap may be a relatively new thing. 

I could very well be wrong, but ISTR To Beat Up A Child having a variant of “put a child’s favorite toy on the table, then hit them when they reach for it,” except with an unloaded gun instead of the toy.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I could very well be wrong, but ISTR To Beat Up A Child having a variant of “put a child’s favorite toy on the table, then hit them when they reach for it,” except with an unloaded gun instead of the toy.

Yes, that was one of Pearl's "training" scenarios:  Make it safe to leave loaded guns lying around your house by beating the shit out of your kid if s/he tries to touch the weapon you've left on the coffee table. 

These people are fucking monsters.

• Disgust 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 3

I grew up on a farm, too. Dad had a handgun of some sort, but I didn't know about it until I was in late elementary school and only then because I was nosing around where I had no business snooping. I have no idea if he still has it, I've seen it exactly once, and I have never seen him hold it. We did have shotguns and rifles, and they were out... propped up behind the front and back doors. They were unloaded, I have no idea where the ammo was stored (probably in the utility room so dad could grab the gun and then head out the door and grab the ammo on the way to wherever he was going). We never, ever, ever touched those guns. Never. I remember being told to stay away from them, but they were like background, like a print hanging on the wall - something you see everyday and know is there but never actually SEE.

We had a BB gun too, and dad let us shoot that with supervision. 

On a farm, I can see having a shotgun and/or rifle accessible - safely accessible. These days I'm sure my parents wouldn't have had them where we could touch them! But it was good to have them, and they were used on very rare occasions. I remember grandma shooting her shotgun over the top of a pack of feral dogs to scare them away when they were too far away for her to throw rocks at. They'd attack the calves, and killed at least one of them. (Imagine tiny old lady, hair in curlers with a net over it, glasses on her nose, wearing a housecoat and slippers and toting a shotgun while yelling at the dogs to leave! That was grandma!)

So I'm not anti-gun entirely. I am, however, pro-gun control. There's no reason anyone needs to be carrying a holstered pistol in their own home. There's no reason most people need to have a gun in the house at ALL. There should be major hoops to go through to purchase a gun, IMO. My dad probably still has his shotgun and rifle, but I'd bet they're in the back of the top shelf of his closet and he probably doesn't have ammo for them at all. He's just not sold them, and he's had them since he was a kid. 

I think Michael Pearl is a vile person, and am not surprised he's carrying a gun around a small child, in a situation where he has no business carrying a gun.

What does blow my mind is the number of people who act like masks are some horrid torturous inconvenience who will then carry a heavy gun around "to protect themselves". It's not, you're just showing off. If you were protecting yourself you'd wear a mask!

• Upvote 18

28 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

who will then carry a heavy gun around "to protect themselves"

I call it performative open carry; trying to make a statement.  They do, of course, just not the one they think it is. 

Awhile back, one of the Sunday news shows (I call them collectively 20 Minutes) did a piece with maybe 5 or 6 little kids (3 - 4 yrs old?).  They had the kids in a room, showed them a replica gun, told them individually and as a group not to touch it, why it couldn't be touched, how dangerous it was and went over that lesson many times.   

The adults left the room with a camera rolling.  It took only a few minutes for one of the kids to pick up the gun and of course, peer down the barrel (What's in there?).  At their age and developmental level they couldn't overcome their intense curiosity about this object or process what it means for something to be dangerous. 

In another segment on that show, they interviewed a single mom who kept a hand gun well hidden under clothes on a high shelf in a bedroom closet.  She was stunned, and I do mean gobsmacked, to find out that her very young son knew exactly where it was and had figured out how to access it. 

So yes, gun safe, always locked, ammo secured in a different area, also locked. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

@Howl perfect description "performative open carry"!  That is exactly what so many of them do, it is all for show and accessory of trying to be cool instead of for function (law enforcement, military, conservation officer, for example). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

57 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

What does blow my mind is the number of people who act like masks are some horrid torturous inconvenience who will then carry a heavy gun around "to protect themselves". It's not, you're just showing off. If you were protecting yourself you'd wear a mask!

Exactly!  I grew up in an old country home on about an acre and a half, and we had some chickens, a horse, some sheep, and cats and dogs.  My dad had served in the Army in the Korean War and he had one handgun and one rifle from that time - but those were kept in a drawer in my parents' bedroom, unloaded.  I only saw him use the handgun one time - and that's when there was a coyote out among the sheep and he took a wild shot over its head to scare it off.  We always had a couple of dogs to "protect" us - none of them were vicious or dangerous, but they would bark whenever someone came down our driveway.  If there was anyone who might have had a thought of trying to rob us. the various cars in the driveway and the kids, their friends, and two parents on the property probably made them think better of it.  And it would have been somewhat funny if they did break in while we were all gone - enjoy that old black and white TV with the channel changer missing! Help yourself to that old Dodge van!  Feel free to have any of these play clothes that the kids wear!  Do you like pretty vases? - help yourself to the woman of the house's big collection!  Like books - then you'll make out like a bandit!

I don't know if I've lived in a safety bubble all my life, but I've never owned or shot a gun.  I've lived alone for a lot of years, then raised my son with just us two in the house, and our source of self defense were:  a cast iron pan, a baseball bat, and an iron.  I figured if anyone broke in, my son could use the bat and I'd use the cast iron pan.  No one ever tried to break in - so we didn't have to find out how effective those methods would have been.  Also, no one got accidentally shot/killed.  Win/win.

ETA:  And I didn't have to physically assault my son to teach him not to touch a loaded weapon.  Silly me - I didn't want to use barbaric and inhumane methods in my child rearing.  What a concept.

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2018 at 9:34 AM, katilac said:

Not being married would not affect visitation rights of a biological parent. 

The University of California, Los Angeles opposes natural family planning? I am confused. 

I know this is old but I'm realizing she probably meant ACLU and PP not UCLA. I wonder if she even knows what UCLA is, but the ACLU is Big Evil to fundies even though the ACLU will help even funnies if their Civil Liberties are -actually- being violated not just in their heads.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic