IGNORED

Britain and Brexit business

AmazonGrace

Side note here, Jacob Rees Mogg looks a wee bit like the Demon Headmaster in that photo.

• Haha 4

The snark is flying high in the UK

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

How many people get to keep their job when they're found sleeping on the job?

• Upvote 4

Depressingly this is not the first Member of Parliament to be found sleeping, messing about or not paying attention. The House of Lords regularly has sleeping members sitting on the benches and I'm sure at least one other member of the Commons has been caught doing this. There's also the fact that there have been several times when SNP/Green/Plyd MPs have been due to speak and the MPs of the three biggest parties have got up and walked out. This shows a lot of disrespect for their colleagues and the people they are supposed to represent.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Boris has shot himself in the foot, by kicking out the Conservative MPs, many of them long standing MPs out of the party he will no longer even have a slim Majority. 

Meanwhile, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP and Plaid Cymru have grouped together and could form a coalition, those deflected Conservative MPs may choose to join them. 

If this isn't sorted when I graduate in two years I'm leaving the UK.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Well now, things are really getting interesting...

• Upvote 4

Actually it would be fewer than 296 as John Bercow (Speaker of the House) does not vote, as well as the deputy speakers. But still it’s a lot of abstentions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm betting at least half of the abstentions were Labour.

Boris has been continuing to throw a major hissy fit in the news. It's bloody disturbing how much he resembles Trump when he does this. Maybe they are twins separated at birth?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Brother jumps ship:

When I first saw tweets about his brother (saying he was leaving politics to spend less time with his family) I actually thought it was a joke. But no, the preposterousness of British government is really this weird. 

And it's getting weirder by the minute. Now there are rumors that the government is planning to put in a vote of no confidence in.. the government, i.e. themselves. And you can already guess that the opposition is going to vote for the government. Because if the vote of no confidence were to be enforced, that would automatically trigger elections. And elections are precisely what the opposition does not want. 

It's the upside down in real life.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Boris is completely flummoxed by a constituent telling him to do his job. The only thing he can revert to is his platitude that he wants Britain to leave the EU by October 31st.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Put all the blame on Corbyn? Wild guess here.

Corbyn, Brussels, remainers, SNP, the Irish, his Brother, Ken Clarke and the other party members who voted against him, anyone but himself. 

Europe has been part of the downfall of the last 4 Conservative Prime Minister's, It has always divided the party, Boris by telling those who voted against his bill that they will be deselected is going to make it worse, especially when some of them like Ken Clarke and Nicholas Soames have been part of the party for 50 years or more. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Retweeted by Guy Verhofstadt. Nuff said.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

That's Amber Rudd resigned now. Not that she's a great loss since she's pretty incompetent (she "unintentionally misled" MPs over the Windrush Scandal, then managed to pin it all on her staff and returned to government in a different post as Work and Pensions secretary) but watching Boris's government literally haemorrhaging MPs is pretty satisfying.

She voted to Remain in The EU and was part of the Remain campaign but was willing to join BoJo's cabinet of jackassery and "leave no deal on the table as the means by which it was most likely to leave the EU by the end of October". She gives her reason for resignation as "no longer believing that leaving with a deal is the government's main objective".

Honestly, she has more flip-flops to her name than Primark in summer!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49623737

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2