IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

Hi guys/gals! Been crazy busy lately, sorry for not being around! I have a lot of reading to catch up on unless someone wants to give me a quick rundown?!? I know, I know, laaaaazy. LOL! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer!! 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Michael Pearl (at 3.50 minutes)  throwing his little sons into a pond, making them feel as if they are drowning and then rescuing them makes them tough?   He and, you, Lori, for believing this sort of thing, are sick.

1 hour ago, Liza said:

So, Michael Pearl (at 3.50 minutes)  throwing his little sons into a pond, making them feel as if they are drowning and then rescuing them makes them tough?   He and, you, Lori, for believing this sort of thing, are sick.

WHY did I watch this?? I knew better. She is disgusting. And so is Michael Pearl. I don’t understand this belief that we have to make boys “tough”. I prefer to parent with empathy, while demonstrating emotional intelligence. 

Michael, the correct response would have been to teach your toddlers to swim, to teach rules about the pond, and to properly supervise your children, using verbal prompts as necessary. Your method was lazy- and even more- it was sadistic. 

Lori- Ken acted childish when he pushed your son down. The correct response would have been to help Ryan identify ways of handling his brother in a more positive and loving way. 

As far as sports injuries go, I take into account what my child has said, what the coach thinks is appropriate, and  the input of any medical professionals out on the field (DH is a paramedic, and several teammates parents have been doctors and surgeons). I don’t want to cause further injury, nor do I want to create the potential for future health problems as a result of the injury. Not to mention- in my area, there is a push to be very mindful of this- we even have concussion protocols- and parents aren’t the ones making the call about returning to the game.

Lori says she talks to a lot of women, I don't think she realy does but anyways, I can't imagine being perhaps a young mother sharing some of my struggles in confidence to an older women and then being shamed all over the Internet. Or if a doctor did admit that she'd like to be home more and then finds her admission blown out of proportion on the Internet. 

And Josh, Josh, Josh.... The world would be less violent if people chose not to commit violent acts. I have found there are very, very times when people aren't in the frame of mind to take responsibility for the violence they commit, even if they didn't have a mother's presence in their life or came from a bad home life. I don't count self defense in this of course. Men have been starting senseless wars and violence for years even with a mother in their life. Do mothers teach their sons to rape? I doubt it but men do it anyways. So please kindly hop off and take responsibility for you're own actions. image.thumb.png.05e7d31c3832d53f3f0978d9a590e84a.png

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

As far as sports injuries go, I take into account what my child has said, what the coach thinks is appropriate, and  the input of any medical professionals out on the field (DH is a paramedic, and several teammates parents have been doctors and surgeons). I don’t want to cause further injury, nor do I want to create the potential for future health problems as a result of the injury. Not to mention- in my area, there is a push to be very mindful of this- we even have concussion protocols- and parents aren’t the ones making the call about returning to the game.

Lori or Ken also blogged years ago about how Ken made the boys play sports while injured to toughen them up. I'm the same age as Lori's older son Ryan and two years older than Stephen. I remember back in the 90s and 00s, rules regarding injuries were a bit lax. My aunt's ex-husband is a sports doctor and he clashed at times with coaches and other parents when my cousin did sports. At my high school, the football coach got in trouble with the school board when several players and parents complained about him not believing the kids regarding pains and injuries. This was 2000 or 2001 and people were surprised when he got a reprimand. 

If Ryan or Steven's kids play sports or let's say Ryan or Steven coaches, they probably won't be able to pull the same shit Ken pulled. Lori's oldest grandson is 5. Maybe, he's started sports or will in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori or Ken bitches about how the grandson was pulled out for an injury. 

3 hours ago, Frog99 said:

WHY did I watch this?? I knew better. She is disgusting. And so is Michael Pearl. I don’t understand this belief that we have to make boys “tough”. I prefer to parent with empathy, while demonstrating emotional intelligence. 

I concur; wish I hadn't watched this!

By this logic, she should be teaching women to "fear" their disgusting, misogynistic, domineering and abusive, childish, temper-tantrum-throwing "headship" because "she has a bigger vision" and "doesn't want any of those women she mentors to spiritually or physically DIE" from the maltreatment in their marriages!

By this logic, FEAR is the biggest motivator in life!  (Never mind that these are professing Christians,  whom the bible says "have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power and LOVE and a SOUND MIND."

By this logic, injury and illness are seen as "good" and useful tools for "making men"...NO!  A thousand times NO!  What kind of sadistic sociopath do you think god IS, Lori?

The bible says fathers are to train children like this:

4 Fathers, don’t exasperate your children,[a] but raise them up with loving discipline and counsel that brings the revelation of our Lord.  (here is the footnote for a: In other words, fathers should show consideration for the different levels of understanding and experience that children possess, dealing with them at their level, or risk causing them loads of heartache.)

It reveals the LORD to watch them fall in a pond and put FEAR on them?!

Good mercy of God, I cannot watch any more of these asinine videos.

A little OT comment on a pleasant Sunday evening here in New England: I’m spending a couple of hours visiting with my middle sister and her family. For dinner we had coldcut sandwiches and iced tea out on her porch, and I’m giving my hands a few minutes’ break from knitting, my new hobby. 

This seems right up Lori’s alley, but I realize that what we’re doing this evening is the result of both privilege and feminism:  My parents paid for the educations my sisters and I got. Because of their careers as social workers, my sister and her husband were able to have this lovely house built. Together. My kind and hardworking BIL could not have done this alone. And neither of them could have had their careers if their parents hadn’t invested in their education and their futures.

Oh it's so strange that the topic of Michael Pearl shoving his kids into water comes up again. I was watching Zsu's review of the TTUAC book (honestly I swear I'm still off the PP sermons, but there's still that morbid fascination I have with Zsu) again this morning and kinda shocked myself with how readily and completely I agreed with her on most things she said (of course, I stand by my earlier professed beliefs about spanking/hitting children at all as someone who did have many traumatic experiences with 'corporal punishment' when I was a child, so disagree with her on that one).

This to say, though, that I think I've finally narrowed it down a bit more when it comes to which fundie it is that I dislike the most intensely and it has to be between the Pearls and Lori. Zsu may be a baby-starving, child-beating, dipshit-deadbeat-of-a-husband-tolerating, smug as fuck nitwit that I still despise but at least she doesn't advocate burning her kids' hands on a hot stove or kicking them into open bodies of water.

Also, thoroughly boarding the speculation vehicle of choice, am I completely off my rocker for entertaining the slim chance of the idea that maybe Lori's trying to let herself off the hook for the brutality with which they treated their kids (particularly their sons even though I'd argue that the most damage was done to their daughters) at times? in that video she says something along the lines of that even though she wasn't submissive back then she never stepped in when Ken was disciplining the children (despite 'cringing') and is thankful for that because he was trying to make them tough. 

Now, I'm not gonna say that Lori regrets any of the cheek flicks, raisin beatings, four hour training sessions, or starving her kids and neglecting them so she could have her alone time, because it's obvious that she took joy in all of it, but she's quite clearly trying to push Ken as being the bad cop of their parenting team, at least when it came to their sons, and I don't know what her motive could be for that (other than my  - shared here, I think - belief that they secretly hate each other). Something tells me it goes deeper than just sucking up to Michael Pearl and trying to make boys into Big Strong Manly Men.

idk is there any chance she's trying to appeal to her critics there or am I just reading too much into it?

Also can she not ever go a single time speaking where she doesn't mention how sick and ill she's been in her life oh my gosh Lori, SUFFER IN SILENCE, remember?

@Liza, Dr Dobson was the asshole who beat his dachshund with a belt all because Siggie wanted to sleep someplace warm on a chilly night.  Lori was the one who broke her toe when she kicked her cat.  Both are horrible people.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Liza, Dr Dobson was the asshole who beat his dachshund with a belt all because Siggie wanted to sleep someplace warm on a chilly night.  Lori was the one who broke her toe when she kicked her cat.  Both are horrible people.

and they both should be thoroughly beaten since they seem to get off on it (she says as she and Big Stupid snuggle and Lil Sis and her Poppa snuggle)

16 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I prefer to parent with empathy, while demonstrating emotional intelligence. 

WHOMP THERE IT IS! They are not emotionally intelligent enough to parent so resort to things we consider fucked up. Oh lord am I sorry I ever came across this bish!

On July 7, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Jessesgirl25 said:

Hi guys/gals! Been crazy busy lately, sorry for not being around! I have a lot of reading to catch up on unless someone wants to give me a quick rundown?!? I know, I know, laaaaazy. LOL! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer!! 

I thought of you yesterday and am very glad to see you are still here! I've not been keeping close tabs on Lori but I'm sure it's just the same "do as I say, not as I do, also I'm ill and in pain, did you know I'm in pain? and stay home, beat your kids, cook healthy food, submit submit submit blah blah be thrifty and frugal while I'm on my 2-month-long vacation going out to eat and slathering expensive homemade bread with $14 butter."

On July 8, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Frog99 said:

Michael, the correct response would have been to teach your toddlers to swim, to teach rules about the pond, and to properly supervise your children, using verbal prompts as necessary. Your method was lazy- and even more- it was sadistic. 

I think this is key, for Lori, the Pearls, and many others. I can see people like Zsu with a ton of kids being that sort of lazy, as awful as Zsu is she's got issues and is barely keeping her head above water at this point. But there's no real reason for Lori and Ken to have taken the quick swat method rather than actually teaching the kids wrong from right, other than that they seem to enjoy hurting people.

19 hours ago, Hane said:

... I’m giving my hands a few minutes’ break from knitting, my new hobby. 

I love knitting! Every time I pick it back up I have a few days of sore hands, but then it gets better. However I did get tendinitis in my thumb from knitting two pairs of socks back to back. I've taken a couple weeks off knitting and worn a splint at night which has helped a lot.

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Socks always bug my hands because I knit them on 4 inch double points. 

I have done all mine 2-at-a-time on a long circular, because I'd never finish the second one if I did them one at a time. But the tight gauge and small needles hurt my hands, I think I was gripping too tight maybe.

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have done all mine 2-at-a-time on a long circular, because I'd never finish the second one if I did them one at a time. But the tight gauge and small needles hurt my hands, I think I was gripping too tight maybe.

I do the same thing with my crochet. I have a death grip on the hook (much like how I grasp a pencil rather tightly) and my gauge is almost always too small. I tend to use a size up from the suggested, but I don’t know if that works for knitting. 

10 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

I do the same thing with my crochet. I have a death grip on the hook (much like how I grasp a pencil rather tightly) and my gauge is almost always too small. I tend to use a size up from the suggested, but I don’t know if that works for knitting. 

The main thing with socks is that they are knitted at a smaller gauge on smaller needles than normal to make them more durable, and I think that contributed to me gripping too tightly. I'm usually OK with knitting other things, but socks and sometimes cotton hurts my hands a little. I've got a pair of socks in progress, and I'm just taking really slow on them. I think I probably should have gone up a needle size on them, but I'm far enough along I don't want to rip them out!

Oh niave Lori. Women back then new that their calling would be to help their husband with whatever career he had. Farming, carpentry, or blacksmithing. Whatever the career choice of the husband was the wife helped. It used to be a very hard life for both husband and wife. Unless you were wealthy you couldn’t afford a big family, food for them, or Heath insurance of any kind. Many died because of it. It was a rough life. Women not only cooked, cleaned, took care of babies but they also helped their husband with work. They put their families needs above them. 

3B0513F5-1E40-437C-9708-BF730BCAC461.png

Study the roots of birth control and daycare centers? How far back do you want to go, Lori? People have been using various forms of birth control since the first humans figured out how babies are made.  And back in the olden days the mothers did not sit home with their babies. The poor slung them on their backs and kept working in the fields or wherever else they worked. If they couldn't do that, they left them home with the grandparents or aunts or older children, whoever was in the home, as often multiple generations lived together. The rich? A few maybe stayed home with their own children, but more often than not they were handed off to wet nurses and governesses asap. Schools of sorts have existed pretty much since the first humans got beyond mere subsistence, and were well established in many cultures by Jesus's time, and even he studied at the temple!

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

3B0513F5-1E40-437C-9708-BF730BCAC461.png

Here we go with “many women”. She just makes crap up on the fly and the fangirls lap it up. Yet another example of how she doesn’t want to teach- she wants to sow division. She needs to stop her attention seeking behavior and stop worrying about what others are doing and stop making assumptions about things that have nothing to do with her and that are none of her business. 

Oh- and while I do know some large families (4 kids or more) the family size of my family of origin and DH’s family of origin are small. And I don’t mean just now- I mean for generations. Not to mention, pretty much all of the women worked at one time or another. They were true partners to their spouses, and would have never dreamed of sitting at home while the husband worked himself to death to provide. I’m grateful for their hard work- it has given me some privileges I might not have otherwise had. 

Oh, Lori, Lori, Lori

Women were trying to control their fertility prior to Marie Stopes and Margaret Sanger and not always through contraceptive means.  There were some products that were more contraceptive in nature, but there were also those that were supposed to "bring around" a missed menstrual period.  Of course, there was the knitting needle. 

I'm blocked, so I can't. But perhaps someone should ask Lori about slave women in America. Guess what, bitch? They worked. For no money. Didn't matter if they had babies. Their babies didn't even belong to them and could be sold away at any time. When I attended a history seminar at the University of Virginia ten years ago, we were given an approximate number in one of the lectures and I can't remember it for certain right now, but it was something like 1 in 4 sold away from their mothers by age 6. 

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I love knitting! Every time I pick it back up I have a few days of sore hands, but then it gets better. However I did get tendinitis in my thumb from knitting two pairs of socks back to back. I've taken a couple weeks off knitting and worn a splint at night which has helped a lot.

I have to deal with tendinitis in my elbows, caused by my crochet obsession.  I have to take breaks when it hurts and sometimes I go several days without picking up my hook and yarn.  Can you use compression gloves?

Many women believe they are being "called" to blog, but are they really?  Hundreds of years ago, women weren't being "called" to blog.  If they got married, they tended their own homes.  They didn't have "a majority of the day" to "monitor" other adults.

Did the invention of the computer cause God to have a "new and improved" calling upon women?  Have wi-fi and smart phones helped in their desire to pursue their calling?

Without the internet, women wouldn't be able to monitor/micro-manage/tattle on/and gossip about dozens of people every day.  She would be limited to her neighborhood and community, who would soon grow wise to her tactics, and possibly even ban her from spreading her  message on church grounds.

Study your computer and see if you find God's name stamped on the side.   Do you think God invented your computer?  Of course, he didn't, which is proof enough that the internet is NOT communication/mentoring as God intended it!  

You may want to rethink your "calling" if you plan on getting a blog.

-Signed,

Wise Mentor Koala

:pb_rollseyes:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived