IGNORED

30-year-old man refuses to move out of his parents home

ViolaSebastian

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

his father refused to allow him into the basement to look for missing legos.

I don't think those were Legos; they were marbles, and he will never find them.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm not familiar with the specific details about AirBnB--can you refuse to rent your place out to someone? How much power does a person have to kick someone out of their place? Michael mentioned that his things are all going to a storage unit, which sounded like a rather long-term situation.

I think the main issue is going to be if he can establish tenancy at the AirBnB. Based on a quick google I believe that if he stays for more than 14 days and receives mail there, then they would have to go through a formal process to evict him, the same as his parents. If he hasn't established tenancy they can have him removed by the police for trespassing. 

But according to the BBC article, he's only planning on staying at the AirBnB

for a week before he moves in with a "distant cousin"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44337277

That was the first thing I thought too: that whoever is letting him stay in their house is in for a rude awakening. According to what I’ve read he’s a diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic that refuses treatment and it took his parents EIGHT YEARS and a lawsuit to get him out. 

I feel so bad for his parents. They’ve been smart enough to keep their mouths shut while he’s enjoying his fifteen minutes of fame. The last article I read said that he was strongly opposing their attempts to see their grandchild, which struck me as a particularly childish “if I can’t have him nobody can” move, although of course we can’t really know anything about whether the child seeing his grandparents would be beneficial. 

On 5/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, Georgiana said:

I think this is an issue that we've been creating in our culture LONG before Trump came to office.  I think Trump is a symptom, not a cause.  These are just my thoughts, but here they are:

I think we have stopped culturally teaching kids that failure is something that can happen...and something that WILL happen if you don't work hard.  If Little Joey Whitebread came home with an F a generation ago, Joey was going to be in BIG TROUBLE with his parents.  He was going to be held accountable for that F.  Now, Joey comes home with an F, and many parents turn around and yell at the teacher.  Or complain about testing/grading metrics.  I'm not saying there aren't bad teachers or bad schools, but culturally to some degree, the blame has shifted.  We don't like to blame kids or see kids fail.  Culturally, we've become very adverse to that on a certain level.  We want ALL kids to feel like winners, so we give kids participation ribbons and trophies and recognition even when they don't deserve it.  We are SO CONCERNED about hurting kids feelings, we don't realize that LEARNING HOW TO DEAL WITH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK CONSTRUCTIVELY is a major skill.  

But

We still live in an unequal society.  So if you are female, a person of color, an LGBTQ+ person, or any other marginalized group, even with all this going on, you STILL learn about hard work.  You STILL learn about failure.  You STILL learn that you have to work hard to succeed.  Society makes sure of that.  You may not learn it young, but eventually, you WILL learn that you have to WORK HARD to get anywhere.  Because society will try to see you fail, and if you are in many of those groups, you CANNOT afford to fail in America.  

But if you are a cis-het white male, you might never learn this.  Society is going to push you up, not pull you down.  You're going to keep being given things and chances and successes you didn't truly earn.  It's going to be MUCH HARDER for you to fail, and eventually, you might reasonably start thinking that you CANNOT fail.  Or maybe that you SHOULD NOT fail.  Or maybe that you are OWED a ribbon or a trophy or whatever the other kids have even though YOU didn't work for it like the other kids did.  And then that becomes the idea that you are OWED a girlfriend.  That you are OWED a place to live.  That you are OWED support from others.  That you are OWED the time you want with your kid, even if your behavior makes you an unfit parent.  Because your behavior has never stopped you from being a winner before...so why should it stop you now?  Why should you have to work NOW?  Why NOW are you not being handed asspats and participation ribbons just for breathing?  

Motivation.  It's key to successful humans.  When removed...things don't go well.

I agree with some of your comments, but disagree with other portions based on my personal experiences. I work with kids in a school system for part of my day.. I’ve not really seen children being entitled or afraid to fail, rather their parents act entitled. To me, the generation above me acts the most entitled from my interactions. More so, I see parents overwhelmed because they both work out of the house for long hours and don’t have the time or energy to devote to kids and their activities because they are already stretched so thin. Now, this is coming from working in a low/middle class field. The entitlement of white people in the upper class is a different area that’s been around for a long time. 

I also think older generations don’t realize that hard work today does Does not get you stability now. I worked 2 part time jobs in college while I had scholarships and my parents assistance for an in state, public school. I didn’t even have savings when I left because it is that damn expensive. I was only able to move out straight to grad school because of my parents’ support. From there, I graduated with my master’s and got married. If I were on my income alone, I would not be able to rent in my area on my 50k income. I work 1 full time job at a hospital and a part time job at a school. As a healthy couple, we pay $300/month for health insurance with a $3000 deductible.. and that’s the benefit of me being a healthcare worker at a hospital!! Rent is $1700 nothing included. Car required since public transportation is a joke in my state. I don’t think it’s entitled to feel like the situation is tough and that working hard could not get me anywhere without the privilege of my background. 

In my family’s home country, it is 100% the norm to stay at home until you’re 30 because housing is 600k+. Like someone else mentioned, it’s an American thing to move away from your family young and not be expected to take care of your parents. 

All this said, the guy in the article sounds like there is a mental health issue as well as maybe he’s just a piece of sh**. That is not normal. So please don’t perpetuate the rhetoric of *particiaption trophies* (drives me crazy) when this guy has nothing to do with that.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, Georgiana said:

Nothing is EVER this guy's fault. 

That sounds soooo familiar.  Maybe he should apply for a position in the fuck face cabinet seeing as how they're all fucking masters at deflection. 

On 6/2/2018 at 8:27 AM, 3SecondSideHugger said:

I also think older generations don’t realize that hard work today does Does not get you stability now.

Some of these older people love to complain that anyone younger than them does not work hard and are all lazy and entitled.  Bullshit.  I've known younger people who worked goddamn hard at everything they did while baby boomer co workers tried to do less than the bare minimum and were pulling all sorts of garbage. 

I had a job years ago where all of my co-workers were at least twenty years older than me. I got really tired of hearing how we generation Xers were the worst generation ever. I made a decision that when I was older, that I would never do that to the people younger than me. It's fine to have an issue with an individual person because of their behavior, but to blame an entire generation for that is beyond foolish.

There's good and bad people in every generation. This guy doesn't color my perception of his generation one bit. He's just one little data point. 

On 6/1/2018 at 1:39 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

But not before calling the cops when his father refused to allow him into the basement to look for missing legos.

I'm sorry, I know there are really serious parts to this story, but this made me burst out laughing. How is this story real? Sometimes it really seems like a YouTube series written by some SNL writers. 

On 6/2/2018 at 6:27 AM, 3SecondSideHugger said:

I agree with some of your comments, but disagree with other portions based on my personal experiences. I work with kids in a school system for part of my day.. I’ve not really seen children being entitled or afraid to fail, rather their parents act entitled. To me, the generation above me acts the most entitled from my interactions. More so, I see parents overwhelmed because they both work out of the house for long hours and don’t have the time or energy to devote to kids and their activities because they are already stretched so thin. Now, this is coming from working in a low/middle class field. The entitlement of white people in the upper class is a different area that’s been around for a long time. 

I also think older generations don’t realize that hard work today does Does not get you stability now. I worked 2 part time jobs in college while I had scholarships and my parents assistance for an in state, public school. I didn’t even have savings when I left because it is that damn expensive. I was only able to move out straight to grad school because of my parents’ support. From there, I graduated with my master’s and got married. If I were on my income alone, I would not be able to rent in my area on my 50k income. I work 1 full time job at a hospital and a part time job at a school. As a healthy couple, we pay $300/month for health insurance with a $3000 deductible.. and that’s the benefit of me being a healthcare worker at a hospital!! Rent is $1700 nothing included. Car required since public transportation is a joke in my state. I don’t think it’s entitled to feel like the situation is tough and that working hard could not get me anywhere without the privilege of my background. 

In my family’s home country, it is 100% the norm to stay at home until you’re 30 because housing is 600k+. Like someone else mentioned, it’s an American thing to move away from your family young and not be expected to take care of your parents. 

All this said, the guy in the article sounds like there is a mental health issue as well as maybe he’s just a piece of sh**. That is not normal. So please don’t perpetuate the rhetoric of *particiaption trophies* (drives me crazy) when this guy has nothing to do with that.

I disagree that it is all on the previous generation, especially in this case.  Cultural norms vary and the expectation to be fully self-sufficient immediately out of school is one thing, BUT that's also not what the expectation was HERE.  The expectation here was that this person, a father in his 30's, get and hold a job.  And then after that very basic step, that this person would begin the process of TRANSITIONING into being more independent.  That is a VERY reasonable expectation for a 30 year old.  Heck, that was a reasonable expectation for me as a teenager.  

The parents here REPEATEDLY recognized how difficult things were for their son to enter the larger world.  They offered to help.  They provided assistance.  The issue was that this man was not interested in anything other than being fully supported.  Even in most countries where living at home is the norm, it's not a free meal ticket.  Family members are also expected to help out and contribute, which this man was not interested in. There are very few societies were grown adults are allowed to essentially expect to be supported and cared for like a child when they have the ability to contribute.  Doubly so when they have made the choice to start their own family.

This may not be the fault of participation trophies, though that is still my opinion, but it CERTAINLY isn't the fault of an unsympathetic Boomer generation.  The Boomers here went above and beyond in attempts to support and assist their son.  The societal problems that we normally blame the Boomers for cannot be considered a factor HERE because the parents offered to personally offset those for him. They offered him all manners of support and sympathy.  He declined all of it (with the exception of the money, which he took and spent).  He actively refused to take reasonable steps to improve his situation.  

Maybe we're looking too deep.  Maybe this guy just wants to choose to fail.  If so, and it does appear that way, no one's going to be able to stop him, sadly.  American freedom includes the freedom to fuck up your life if you so choose.  I just hope that by the time this man IS willing to accept help, that there are still people willing to help him.  

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I'm sorry, I know there are really serious parts to this story, but this made me burst out laughing. How is this story real? Sometimes it really seems like a YouTube series written by some SNL writers. 

I’m pretty sure my brother’s favorite thing about earning his own money is that he can buy all the LEGOs his heart desires. He’s 30 :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I got really tired of hearing how we generation Xers were the worst generation ever. I made a decision that when I was older, that I would never do that to the people younger than me

And I don't. So it bothers me to see all of us baby boomers paainted as assholes. We aren't. Stop the generational wars!

Note that the real estate crash hit me and a lot of other boomers hard in 2007-2008. If not for that, I probably would be retired by now, but I couldn't afford to see with negative equity. The young couple next door to me paid one-third what I did for my house. I live in a reasonably priced housing market, so younger people definitely benefitted when things went to hell in a handbasket. In ten years, property values have improved but not recovered. All generations have challenges, including us baby boomers being in the sandwich generation. 

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

And I don't. So it bothers me to see all of us baby boomers paainted as assholes. We aren't. Stop the generational wars!

Note that the real estate crash hit me and a lot of other boomers hard in 2007-2008. If not for that, I probably would be retired by now, but I couldn't afford to see with negative equity. The young couple next door to me paid one-third what I did for my house. I live in a reasonably priced housing market, so younger people definitely benefitted when things went to hell in a handbasket. In ten years, property values have improved but not recovered. All generations have challenges, including us baby boomers being in the sandwich generation. 

Just about every generation fucked the next in some way, shape, or form.  People like to talk about how the Boomers got all sorts of assistance programs from their parents' generation (and that is true), but they always fail to mention how the Boomers ALSO got shipped off to Vietnam thanks to their parents' reactionary fear of the Reds.  We Millennials got saddled with a debt crisis right out of college.   Truth.  But Boomers got drafted right out of high school.  They got SHOT AT while protesting their parents' generation's policies.  It's not like Boomers had this easy-peasy straight to the top life.  The  70's were not an easy decade in this country, and we owe the Boomers in many ways for the country changing in the way it did and coming through that time the way it did.  And then they sort of dropped the ball in the 80's, which really sucked.  But it's not fair to focus on the Boomers in the 80's while underplaying their VITAL role in the 70's to bring about VERY positive societal change.    We have a lot to thank the Boomers for, but that doesn't sell ad space.  

And yes, as a Millennial, I obviously think it was a MASSIVE mistake for Boomers to kill many of those social programs they benefited from.  I think that it was a selfish and shortsighted move that does not and will not reflect well on the overall character of their generation. But again, every generation has their great mistakes.  We shouldn't avoid calling them out, but we should recognize that it's not villainy.  It's just the way she goes.   They have flaws.  We do too.  

There's actually a podcast or book or something that profiles each American generation and categorizes them by how they fucked over the next.  Every generation has something, and no one particular generation is particularly egregious when looked at through the lens of history.  Mostly, every generation inherits problems from their parents, does their best to fix them, and then passes along problems to the next.  What more really can you do?

31 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

But again, every generation has their great mistakes. 

My dad just blames everything on his mother’s generation and dangling chads...

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I disagree that it is all on the previous generation, especially in this case.  Cultural norms vary and the expectation to be fully self-sufficient immediately out of school is one thing, BUT that's also not what the expectation was HERE.  The expectation here was that this person, a father in his 30's, get and hold a job.  And then after that very basic step, that this person would begin the process of TRANSITIONING into being more independent.  That is a VERY reasonable expectation for a 30 year old.  Heck, that was a reasonable expectation for me as a teenager.  

The parents here REPEATEDLY recognized how difficult things were for their son to enter the larger world.  They offered to help.  They provided assistance.  The issue was that this man was not interested in anything other than being fully supported.  Even in most countries where living at home is the norm, it's not a free meal ticket.  Family members are also expected to help out and contribute, which this man was not interested in. There are very few societies were grown adults are allowed to essentially expect to be supported and cared for like a child when they have the ability to contribute.  Doubly so when they have made the choice to start their own family.

This may not be the fault of participation trophies, though that is still my opinion, but it CERTAINLY isn't the fault of an unsympathetic Boomer generation.  The Boomers here went above and beyond in attempts to support and assist their son.  The societal problems that we normally blame the Boomers for cannot be considered a factor HERE because the parents offered to personally offset those for him. They offered him all manners of support and sympathy.  He declined all of it (with the exception of the money, which he took and spent).  He actively refused to take reasonable steps to improve his situation.  

Maybe we're looking too deep.  Maybe this guy just wants to choose to fail.  If so, and it does appear that way, no one's going to be able to stop him, sadly.  American freedom includes the freedom to fuck up your life if you so choose.  I just hope that by the time this man IS willing to accept help, that there are still people willing to help him.  

I think you misunderstood the purpose of my explanation. This guy has some serious issues.. involving not taking care of his offspring or himself. Like in your last paragraph,  he is choosing that life (or lack thereof!). Like who would force their parents to the point of eviction.. that is crazy!?? As in, I also don’t buy all the generation blaming crap. Maybe his parents did everything right and he is just a POS. 

My comments were to indicate this is not some average story of a generation , this guy is not normal. To me, your commentary makes it sound like you see him as a typical 30 year old being themselves. To try and explain this story as some textbook example of a “lazy, entitled millennial” is generation blaming and tbh also giving this guy too much credit because he sounds despicable IMO. Who else do you know that’s like this?? I’m in my late 20s and don’t know anyone in a life situation like that unless they are in and out of rehab or jail. To me, to sit back and say here’s another example of an entitled millennial is annoying to a generation working their butts off to make it. This guy is not one of them! 

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:
3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I agree. 

One of the things I like about FJ is that we've got a wide range of ages here. I don't know what it's like to be 25 or 65 in 2018, but I know there's people here who can help me better understand if I will take the time to listen.

This is interesting, what each family expects their children to do in early adulthood. Years ago, my mom mentioned that 1 of her brothers told his 5 kids that they had to work full-time or go to college as soon as they graduated high school. Preferably both. I was a young teen then & thought he was mean & cruel. They also had to pay rent.

By the time I was 17 or so, it was something that I wanted for myself. I worked at least 1 job every summer, went to college & worked part-time when I could. I would have been bored not doing something with my time. My mom was a SAHM and she seemed bored at lot. I wanted to go out and conquer the world, learn new things, show people what I could do, not sit at home like a lump.

i never moved home after graduating college, the economy was decent then. My little brother, with his art degree, did but man, he worked at the house. He painted the exterior of their house, more than once. He put on a new roof with my dad. He did a lot of things to help them maintain/ improve their home. They never had to ask him, he just did all the gardening & stuff that was needed. He felt bad that he didn’t get a job that supported him.

One of my cousins never married, taught in low-paying Catholic schools & other side jobs, and lived at home. There was no way she could afford to live alone in northern NJ. Years later, she was there to take care of her parents. It worked well for them. That’s what matters - both sides being happy with the arrangement.

35 minutes ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

I think you misunderstood the purpose of my explanation. This guy has some serious issues.. involving not taking care of his offspring or himself. Like in your last paragraph,  he is choosing that life (or lack thereof!). Like who would force their parents to the point of eviction.. that is crazy!?? As in, I also don’t buy all the generation blaming crap. Maybe his parents did everything right and he is just a POS. 

My comments were to indicate this is not some average story of a generation , this guy is not normal. To me, your commentary makes it sound like you see him as a typical 30 year old being themselves. To try and explain this story as some textbook example of a “lazy, entitled millennial” is generation blaming and tbh also giving this guy too much credit because he sounds despicable IMO. Who else do you know that’s like this?? I’m in my late 20s and don’t know anyone in a life situation like that unless they are in and out of rehab or jail. To me, to sit back and say here’s another example of an entitled millennial is annoying to a generation working their butts off to make it. This guy is not one of them! 

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to write this! I really misunderstood you, but I think we’re actually largely in agreement. 

35 minutes ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong), Georgiana was replying to my question which I left on a comment about a thirty-three-year-old man child that I dated who had serious issues with responsibility, self-control, and adulting in general. Unfortunately, I have come across these men fairly frequently in the dating world. Typically, they've never been married and have had a string of semi-long-term relationships. They look for women who will fulfill the role of what I deem a "sex mommy" -- in other words, a grown adult woman who will play the part of mother and sexual partner. My question to the general group was "what sort of social phenomena are creating these sorts of men?" It wasn't meant to be a rag on Millennials in general, but rather this very special breed of man baby who peed in my shower. 

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong), Georgiana was replying to my question which I left on a comment about a thirty-three-year-old man child that I dated who had serious issues with responsibility, self-control, and adulting in general. Unfortunately, I have come across these men fairly frequently in the dating world. Typically, they've never been married and have had a string of semi-long-term relationships. They look for women who will fulfill the role of what I deem a "sex mommy" -- in other words, a grown adult woman who will play the part of mother and sexual partner. My question to the general group was "what sort of social phenomena are creating these sorts of men?" It wasn't meant to be a rag on Millennials in general, but rather this very special breed of man baby who peed in my shower. 

OMG I think  you need to move or find a new dating pool lol! I can't say that I've personally experienced this, but I am married now and got lucky on my first long term boyfriend ;) I can't imagine putting up with that, either as a parent or romantic partner.. I offer no explanation of that because I truly don't understand who could be satisfied living that way. 

@Georgiana yes, I think we are..in between the walls of text haha 

4 minutes ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

OMG I think  you need to move or find a new dating pool lol! I can't say that I've personally experienced this, but I am married now and got lucky on my first long term boyfriend ;) I can't imagine putting up with that, either as a parent or romantic partner.. I offer no explanation of that because I truly don't understand who could be satisfied living that way. 

@Georgiana yes, I think we are..in between the walls of text haha 

We dated for about three months, immediately after my divorce. I married at a young age, so my red-flag skillz were not up to par. I haven't dated one since, but I have come across them. I'm in a "helping" profession and I think that these sorts of men see me as someone who'll be soft on them, not expect too much, and take care of them. Jokes on them, since I take care of people all day, I don't want to do an excessive amount of care taking (beyond typical relationship boundaries, of course) in my leisure time. 

21 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I had a job years ago where all of my co-workers were at least twenty years older than me. I got really tired of hearing how we generation Xers were the worst generation ever. I made a decision that when I was older, that I would never do that to the people younger than me. It's fine to have an issue with an individual person because of their behavior, but to blame an entire generation for that is beyond foolish.

There's good and bad people in every generation. This guy doesn't color my  perception of his generation one bit. He's just one little data point. 

@Cartmann99, exactly what I experienced near the beginning of my working career.  Some of my first jobs after college were working with people 20-30 years older than me and they bitched about "us young people" (trailing edge Boomers and Gen Xers) being lazy, irresponsible, spoiled, etc.   I didn't take too well to hearing that after spending 4 years of my life working my way through college and I told myself I would not do the same thing years down the road.

I don't care for labeling this guy as indicative of his generation.  Sounds like there's some  serious personal issues factoring into this particular situation.   I think if people were honest, they would admit that they knew, or know of, someone like this regardless of what generation they are. 

21 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’m pretty sure my brother’s favorite thing about earning his own money is that he can buy all the LEGOs his heart desires. He’s 30 :pb_lol:

My teenage son got a job delivering pizzas and soon after, eBay parcels started arriving at the door. LEGO. All the lego sets he wanted as a young boy but didn’t have.

I thought once my kids were a little bit older the sound of lego bricks scraping against each other in a bucket wouldn’t be filling the air. I was wrong. So wrong. Every day he plays and builds! 

At least he knows the agony of stepping on a piece in the middle of the night and I never have to remind him to clean it up :D

On 6/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, adidas said:

My teenage son got a job delivering pizzas and soon after, eBay parcels started arriving at the door. LEGO. All the lego sets he wanted as a young boy but didn’t have.

I thought once my kids were a little bit older the sound of lego bricks scraping against each other in a bucket wouldn’t be filling the air. I was wrong. So wrong. Every day he plays and builds! 

At least he knows the agony of stepping on a piece in the middle of the night and I never have to remind him to clean it up :D

Well now I want to send you pictures of my brother’s Lego collection, lol. Well his current one, the childhood one (basically a giant first we call Lego Land) is in the basement. He has a bunch of Star Wars spaceship sets, and then because he’s a complete nerd he started building spaceships and stuff that are to scale to each other. So a little millennium falcon, a magic school bus, some spaceship from some video game, etc. Then bins and bins of various colors. Next time he comes home he’ll probably take this all back with him. He just moved for a new job and will finally be settled in one place for a while. I’m also trying to convince him he needs the new $500 Death Star, even though he already has one. Because I want to build it with him...:pb_lol: I want to get my cousin to buy his kids the Disney Castle for the same reason.

Anyway, his Lego obsession was good practice for becoming an engineer.

22 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Anyway, his Lego obsession was good practice for becoming an engineer.

Mr. Briefly is an Electronics Engineer.  But to a great extent, an engineer is an engineer is an engineer.  I have heard all the jokes about engineers and quite a bit of them are true.  But we would be kind of lost without them!  Our daughter had so much fun when she was little, he made her a block set out of rectangular boxes and covered them with contact paper.  They had very frequent building and destroying days.

Update time! Michael Rotondo has been told to pay his back child support ($56 a week; for a total of $2,600 behind). The judge flat out told him: Bottom line, get a job.

Rotondo balked, saying he didn't have money to find a place to live or food to eat.

"You're asking me to make money out of thin air, and I don't have the obligation to do that," Rotondo told the judge.

"Why don't you make (child support) $2,000 a week?" he added sarcastically.

But the mother's lawyer, Dana Grillo, today demanded to know where $3,000 that Rotondo got for appearing on Alex Jones's InfoWars was. Rotondo said he needed it to pay rent and get food.

Grillo also brought up a $200-a-month storage locker that Rotondo rents to store a broken, late 1980s Chevrolet Camaro. He's paid roughly $10,000 in the past five years to store the car, she said.

How could Rotondo justify paying $10,000 to store a broken car, but can't come up with $56 a week to support his son? Grillo asked

HE HAS A CAMARO HE'S PAYING TO STORE INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING HIS KID. That is all. 

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/06/judge_evicted_son_michael_rotondo_faces_jail_if_he_doesnt_get_job_to_support_chi.html

This guy is a nightmare. 

I've lived with parents (or spent a few weeks borrowing a guest room, etc) and I always made the point to take care of not only my own laundry, but to wash dishes and tidy up common areas. Ten minutes with the dishes helps to ingratiate yourself with whoever's kind enough to host you, especially if you can't contribute much financially. I did that when I was renting an AirBnB, too -- washed dishes, tidied the kitchen, offered to take out trash and start the laundry (with the sheets/towels I'd used). But I'm actually trying to be a functional adult, despite all of the hashtag millennial problems and whatnot.

Unlike this guy, whose personality type I've encountered before.

Archived