Jellybean

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

The little kids are stumbling up the steps in the wind, but Charlotte keeps waving and smiling as ever. She is so cute.

Where are people watching this? I found it on Youtube but quality is real bad. Is it on tv at all instead?

I’m in Australia - it’s on TV. 

I love the V shape at back of the dress. I didn't get a good look at the front though. I'm gonna try a different youtube channel. The SkyNews one is annoying me.

3 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I love the V shape at back of the dress. I didn't get a good look at the front though. I'm gonna try a different youtube channel. The SkyNews one is annoying me.

There's a royal family YouTube channel with a live stream. Don't think there is commentary but the feed should be decent.

A quick google shows that Princess Eugenie is wearing the Greville or Boucheron tiara today. Official name Greville Emerald Kokoshnik. It was left to the Queen Mum by a Mrs Greville. 

It is stunning, but I can’t get past her dress. It is so beautiful. Lovely vintage feel and the back is stunning. I didn’t get a good look but it looked like there’s a bit of a cross over design?

thanks @Kangaroo I've now switched to Royal Family youtube channel (who knew there was such a thing haha!) And it is so much better quality. 

OMG poor Jack! Looks super terrified or maybe over emotional, probably mix of both. Eugenie looks stunning, and they look like they absolutely adore each other. 

So Eugenie did an interview earlier this week were she vaguely suggested her dress would have something to do with her surgery for scoliosis.

You can see her scar on her back because of the low neckline. 

It's a really sweet touch to something that's clearly an important part of her life.

5 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

So Eugenie did an interview earlier this week were she vaguely suggested her dress would have something to do with her surgery for scoliosis.

You can see her scar on her back because of the low neckline. 

It's a really sweet touch to something that's clearly an important part of her life.

I didn’t even realise that was her scar! It’s a sweet touch.

I am not mad about Fergie's hat. I love the colour of Kate's dress and love her headpiece. I didn't get a good look at Meghan's outfit yet.  Beatrice is great speaker, I liked her speech.

19 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I am not mad about Fergie's hat. I love the colour of Kate's dress and love her headpiece. I didn't get a good look at Meghan's outfit yet.  Beatrice is great speaker, I liked her speech.

It was a passage from The Great Gatsby (the one Beatrice read) According to the sermon it reminded Eugenie of Jack when they first met

Lots of info about her dress here:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/royal-weddings/princess-eugenie-stuns-in-dress-by-uk-designers-peter-pilotto-and-christopher-de-vos/news-story/9deee42d07c312f6d36cc7394ca59ccb

ETA

tv commentary just said that she deliberately didn’t wear a veil because she didn’t want to hide her scar. 

Jack looked a lot more relaxed and happy by the time they got to the carriage. I don't know anything about him nor have I followed anything about their engagement, but these two are seriously the cutest couple ever. They look so happy together and look absolutely in awe of the other when they look at each other.

Her dress is a little 80's but actually she looks stunning in it, the back is beautiful. This is the best she's ever looked. Great hair and makeup. The tiara is a little nuts but then she's a princess, so why not wear a giant emerald? 

This ceremony has got to be the most Jesusy of the recent Royal weddings. No touching, lots of God references, old school vows, have lots of babies. 

11 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

The tiara is a little nuts but then she's a princess, so why not wear a giant emerald? 

I also figure she's not going to get many other significant public tiara wearing occasions in her lifetime given her "rank" and being a non working member of the royal family.

The next time will probably be at a very significant event such as the coronation of Charles as King, and after that it could be decades (eg. William's coronation which could be 30 years off if he gets his parents longevity). She'll probably have a small private collection, but if I was her I'd go big and bold on my wedding day too if it's one of the vary rare occasions it's acceptable for her to wear a tiara.

I’m in the states and am relying on photos since I didn’t record it (sorry Eugenie!), but here goes:

- Eugenie looks SO gorgeous and so genuinely happy! I LOVE that she rocked the lower back to show off her Scoliosis scars too. That was a really sweet way to incorporate an important part of her life and honor the people who helped care for her and who are dealing with Scoliosis themselves. I don’t really like how it drapes in the back, but I feel like it works well with the rest of the design. The tiara is beautiful - I love emeralds. Eugenie looks every inch a Princess. 

(Also, I love that she rocked a no veil look because I didn’t wear one either. Veils are gorgeous, but it’s cool to see a Royal go a slightly different route.) 

- Damn! Beatrice looks incredible! The blue color looks absolutely fantastic on her! The York sisters clearly brought their fashion A game today.

- On anyone else that hat would be ridiculous, but Fergie somehow rocks it. She looks really lovely in the color and I love that she chose emerald since that’s the stone in the tiara Eugenie wore. I think that was a nice little touch.

- The Queen always looks good, but I really like her outfit today. The color is really pretty and I like what I can see of the pattern on her skirt. And it’s awesome Philip felt well enough to attend today too! I know that was kind of up in the air for a while, but it must have meant a lot to the newlyweds to have him there.  

(I’m also kind of convinced that Elizabeth and Philip will outlive me at this point — and I’m only 30. They looked great!)

- Meghan and Catherine looked flawless as always. I like that they wore dresses from their wedding gown designers too. 

- I’m loving all the fascinators. We don’t do that here so it’s always fun for me to see guests arrive wearing them. Fascinators always remind me of The Hunger Games for some reason, which just makes it twice as entertaining. 

@VelociRapture, apparently there were a lot of hats and facinators blown off by the wind.   ;)

I've only looked at a few photos.  I think Eugenie hit it out of the park with that dress.  Well done.   It was perfect for her body type and a British designer too.  Although (small reservation) it looked very heavy and hard to walk in and I had a bad moment when I thought it had a butt bow.  It doesn't, thank Rufus because I'd hate to see them come back. 

I also liked that she did not wear a veil and the reasons.  Her dress may even go into my personal top 5 royal wedding dress collection.

The groom wore morning dress.  He looked nice,

Are the sashes on the little bridesmaids a Monet print?  Pretty!  Love the colors.

3 hours ago, adidas said:

A quick google shows that Princess Eugenie is wearing the Greville or Boucheron tiara today. Official name Greville Emerald Kokoshnik. It was left to the Queen Mum by a Mrs Greville. 

It is stunning, but I can’t get past her dress. It is so beautiful. Lovely vintage feel and the back is stunning. I didn’t get a good look but it looked like there’s a bit of a cross over design?

Yes.  Looks like Her Maj. rummaged through the vaults again, bless her.  I don't think this one has been seen for ages.  It is not the monster Boucheron (see Camilla in that below).  The Emerald Koloshnik is one of the nicer things in the Greville collection and looks lovely on Eugenie.   Good choice.

I'm a bit disappointed that she didn't wear the York tiara though.  That is really pretty and looks comfy too.

I'm slightly tiara obsessed and I like sparkly things but, sorry,  IMO Mrs Greville's taste ran to the vulgar.  The QM could carry them off (just) but I think some of the collection is hideous.  The monster tiara and Festoon necklace that Camilla wears are also from that collection.  I don't think even Camilla can carry them off - they are vulgarly ostentatious.  Images here:  http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-greville-festoon-necklace.html

I loved, loved, loved Eugenie's dress. It looked so nice, and autumn-like, if that made sense, and suited her well. I think the dress would have suited an older bride as well, but it suited Eugenie. I liked her tiara as well, but Harry Potter-obsessed me wondered if that meant Eugenie was a Slytherin. 

Liked the bridesmaid dresses and page boy outfits as well. 

She looked truly breathtaking today(the shine being in love made her even prettier) and the choosing of such an obscure but beautiful piece was genius. 

I do wonder if Bea as the only Grandchild not married is feeling a little blue and pressured now. Hope not. She is a lovely  kind woman by all accounts( the Jana of the royal family?) Anyway if this will be the last Major Royal wedding for the foreseeable future they hit it out of the park :)

I watched the Royal Wedding twice on the BBC feed carried by none other than TLC.  I thought that Eugenie's gown was just beautiful and I love how it was made so that her scar from scoliosis surgery showed.  It's wonderful that she's not ashamed of it.  

For those of you you might be wondering, the service was pretty much straight out of the Book of Common Prayer.  It's just that we in the US are not used to it maybe unless you're Episcopalian.  Most minsters use a shorter form of the service unless you have a couple that has written their own vows.  

@Palimpsest,  I think you're correct about the sashes on the little bridesmaids' dresses and the little groomsmen's  cummerbund's being taken from a Monet painting.  I heard them say something to that effect on the BBC feed.  Eugenie is an art historian after all. 

Her orthopedic surgeon was a guest at the wedding.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

She looked truly breathtaking today(the shine being in love made her even prettier) and the choosing of such an obscure but beautiful piece was genius. 

I do wonder if Bea as the only Grandchild not married is feeling a little blue and pressured now. Hope not. She is a lovely  kind woman by all accounts( the Jana of the royal family?) Anyway if this will be the last Major Royal wedding for the foreseeable future they hit it out of the park :)

Beatrice is the only adult grandchild not married, but not the only unmarried grandchild. Prince Edward’s children, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn (James), are both still children and won’t be married for a long time yet (if they choose to get married.)

Archived