IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely LOVE her dress.

Not really digging the Mulroney twins’ hair, they look like mini Draco Malfoys or something. But Princess Charlotte again steals the show. Love that kid. :pb_lol:

Dear CNN,

Thanks for giving Meghan’s old college professor a chance to commentate during their ride through Windsor town. He had the nicest things to say about her and that’s what any Bride or Groom deserves on their wedding day.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Prince Phillip has his say about all this...:?

Bishop Curry's sermon made me proud to be an Episcopalian.

I love how the couple bridged both traditional past and present day (and future) in their ceremony.

Does any one know if Sarah Ferguson was there?  I read Harry wanted her there.

1 minute ago, kpmom said:

She was there.

9 minutes ago, ShesCrafty said:

I assume Meghan and Harry knew and approved of what the bishop would say and the message was an important one, so good on them. I can’t muster much sympathy for any rich, privileged white people that may have been uncomfortable for a few minutes. 

I agree. Yes, it’s an international event and it’s the Royal Family and tradition and... but this isn’t just an international event or just about the Royals or about tradition -  its Harry and Meghan’s wedding day. I think it’s really nice that they were able to personalize things a bit within the confines they likely had to work with and I think they really did a nice job given the circumstances.

22 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I love how the couple bridged both traditional past and present day (and future) in their ceremony.

Yes and she looks FANTASTIC!

1 minute ago, kpmom said:

Yes, she was there, she looked good. The coverage I watched showed her giving her future son in law a huge hug.  

I love that the Brits seem to be just like the Dutch: looking at the crowd's outfits you would think it's really hot, like 30 degrees Celsius or something, but they just said it's around 21 degrees C (69.8 F). They see a ray of sunshine and dress like it's tropical summer! :my_biggrin:

1 minute ago, iheartjnames said:

why is Victoria Beckham so miserable? 

Forgive me if my posts don’t make sense. We’re having a drinking game where you have to have a drink every time Posh looks sour. We’re all tipsy. 

Wait. Kate is wearin the dress she wore at charlotte’s Christening! Right?! I can’t keep up with this thread. 

And while I’m at it, it’s 10.30pm here I’m not daytime drinking lol 

1 minute ago, adidas said:

Forgive me if my posts don’t make sense. We’re having a drinking game where you have to have a drink every time Posh looks sour. We’re all tipsy. 

People like her really piss me off, she has more money than God, a smokin hot husband and can't seem to remove the stick up her ass. Although it seemed she was at least cordial to every one around her except her husband. 

The Telegraph (yes, I read the Telegraph, Rufus forgive me) made a huge deal about how Sarah Ferguson allegedly was upset that she was invited to the ceremony but not the Prince of Wales’ smaller reception tonight. Because there’s gotta be conflict, you know.

7 minutes ago, iheartjnames said:

why is Victoria Beckham so miserable? 

Botox and fillers. She’s made of plastic.

I'm watching BBCAmerica, and a presenter just said this will be the last royal wedding in quite a while, and all I could think was, ouch, what about Eugenie? Andrew won't be happy about that. 

I love Victoria Beckham. She has an amazing sense of humour, I saw a few smiles from her today. David chewing gum and fidgeting through the ceremony made me chuckle. 

@anjulibai exactly! Eugenie's wedding is clearly not worth the coverage. I can't wait to see what she wears, please let it be moderately crazy! 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

I'm watching BBCAmerica, and a presenter just said this will be the last royal wedding in quite a while, and all I could think was, ouch, what about Eugenie? Andrew won't be happy about that. 

Eugenie is not a daughter of the heir to the throne. That is, I guess, the game changer here. 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

I expected her dress to be way flashier. 

I thought it was stunning and so appropriate for the occasion.

7 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Botox and fillers. She’s made of plastic.

She never smiles but I have heard she is a very funny person.

1 minute ago, iheartjnames said:

People like her really piss me off, she has more money than God, a smokin hot husband and can't seem to remove the stick up her ass. Although it seemed she was at least cordial to every one around her except her husband. 

I’m reallly sorry if I sound bitchy at all, but this is a topic that really gets my dander up because I have RBF and constantly look miserable if I’m not smiling. So apologies in advance.

Anyways, Victoria Beckham is not obligated to smile for anyone else regardless of how wealthy or well known she is. She’s also previously spoken about why she chooses not to smile in public - partly because she’s worried she looks crazy and partly because she doesn’t feel relaxed or comfortable in that type of environment. I can’t say I blame her either. I’d find it really tough to feel relaxed in front of cameras like that too.

Signing off. Thank you all for your contributions! Have a nice day, or a good night's sleep!

All that talk about Prince Charles walking her down the aisle, and it lasted what, 30 seconds? I pretty much missed it completely.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived