IGNORED

The Royal Wedding looms ahead

Palimpsest

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I liked the preacher, and I think his style is something probably more common in the US (I have seen it at my UU church).

But, I think the informality of it was jarring given the setting, and he did go on longer than necessary. 

I imagine, though, that he had to have his address approved before he could give it, so obviously it met with Harry and Meghan's approval. 

I 100% agree on the bolded part. Imagine you (general ) are planning this lovely casual wedding and your religious speaker gave a Steve Maxwell kinda speech about death and hell. It just doesn't fit the setting. I think the message would've come across even without the fidgeting and yelling and the repetitiveness. It seemed so out of place and everyone appeared to be so uncomfortable. I don't know  if the wedding of a highly scrutinized Royal couple is the right time and place to give that kind of speech. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

I 100% agree on the bolded part. Imagine you (general ) are planning this lovely casual wedding and your religious speaker gave a Steve Maxwell kinda speech about death and hell. It just doesn't fit the setting. I think the message would've come across even without the fidgeting and yelling and the repetitiveness. It seemed so out of place and everyone appeared to be so uncomfortable. I don't know  if the wedding of a highly scrutinized Royal couple is the right time and place to give that kind of speech. 

I get your point, but Jesus is all about making the comfortable uncomfortable.

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I get your point, but Jesus is all about making the comfortable uncomfortable.

Yes, that is indeed true.

I did like his speech and what he had to say. Just was overwhelmed by the way he did it. Like my opinion matters LOL 

It’s sad but my first thought was that they are really exposed and vulnerable in that landau.

I love that they put the page boys in miniature versions of Harry's uniform. It's so freaking cute! I didn't like the uniform at first by it's growing on me. 

I do like her dress, very simple and elegant. 

Just now, Blahblah said:

It’s sad but my first thought was that they are really exposed and vulnerable in that landau.

I had the same reaction when Harry and Williams walked up to the chapel...the time's we live in. 

A bit crappy shots, but anyway

IMG_20180519_141009871.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_140559395.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_140550486.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180519_140659317.jpg

The real question we're all asking, tho...

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

I love that they put the page boys in miniature versions of Harry's uniform. It's so freaking cute! I didn't like the uniform at first by it's growing on me. 

I hadn't noticed the uniform until now. I don't care for uniforms anyway. Harry could've married wearing his bathrobe and I wouldn't have noticed. 

10 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Doria looks very lonely. Wish she had a support person to keep her company.

I do as well, but I was glad to see Charles chatting with her a bit on the Church steps. 

And I really liked this wedding. I think it was a very tasteful and lovely. It was nice to see some touches for Meghan’s American and Black roots included. And the couple just looked so stinking sweet and happy together. It’s hard not to feel giddy when they’re holding hands and sneaking little smiles at the altar. 

I looooooooovvvveeeeee that they ended with "Ayyymen".

Benediction had.

Church dismissed.

Yes!

Darn great wedding. I am so happy I woke to watch. I have a conference today. I think I will wear sunglasses to get by.:my_cool:

Btw, I think I love the gown. It was not what I expected but when I continue to see it, I love that it's simple but says a lot . I heard she wore the first woman of Givenchy. Love it!!!!

I think she is real. She was true to her roots with no problem. I am so proud to see it! I am happy she and Prince Harry (now Duke) followed love over tradition.

Amazing. Glad to be apart of history once again.

I assume Meghan and Harry knew and approved of what the bishop would say and the message was an important one, so good on them. I can’t muster much sympathy for any rich, privileged white people that may have been uncomfortable for a few minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I hadn't noticed the uniform until now. I don't care for uniforms anyway. Harry could've married wearing his bathrobe and I wouldn't have noticed. 

It appears Princess Anne did just that...:?

1 minute ago, TatiFish9 said:

I looooooooovvvveeeeee that they ended with "Ayyymen".

Benediction had.

Church dismissed.

Yes!

Darn great wedding. I am so happy I woke to watch. I have a conference today. I think I will wear sunglasses to get by.:my_cool:

Btw, I think I love the gown. It was not what I expected but when I continue to see it, I love that it's simple but says a lot . I heard she wore the first woman of Givenchy. Love it!!!!

I think she is real. She was true to her roots with no problem. I am so proud to see it! I am happy she and Prince Harry (now Duke) followed love over tradition.

Amazing. Glad to be apart of history once again.

I wore a simpler gown for my wedding as well, so I’m kind of biased in my opinion. It was a beautiful dress, but I like that it didn’t have a ton of bling though.  It allowed Meghan herself to shine, rather than the dress. 

Also, my toddler is now shrieking excitedly because there are horses. She LOVES animals, so this is clearly the most exciting part. 

So you know how the brothers were chatting as they walked in, and the press always gets a lip reader to tell us what they were saying? Will was complaining his pants were too tight. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5747745/Prince-Harry-arrives-Windsor-Prince-William-Royal-wedidng-Meghan-Markle.html

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived