IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

Also, I have been overweight as a kid and it's amazing the number of things our family dr. found wrong that were caused by my being overweight.   Once I hit about 13, I would joke that if I had a hangnail he would say it was my weight.

Headaches = weight

sprains = weight

broken wrist = weight

I'm pretty sure he didn't even look for the cause of things unless my parents *really* thought there was something wrong.   That is why I changed drs the day I turned 18 (ok well a few days later.  I waltzed into the clinic and made an appt wtih the dr. of MY choice and he believed something was wrong (and it was), but he didn't know what).  

I didn't care what was wrong at that point.  I was just happy for the valadation.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Koala said:

Anyways, eventually I was diagnosed with parasites {we believe I had them for many years} and it took over a year through all natural means to finally gain my health back. 

So call me crazy, but if I had undiagnosed "parasites" for years, including during a pregnancy and then the child of that pregnancy came up with symptoms similar to the ones I presented when I was finally diagnosed with "parasites,"  I would probably talk said child to the dr and say "hey I was pregnant with her when I had undiagnosed "parasites" is there any chance they could have passed to her during pregnancy/nursing?  Maybe we should do a stool test since her symptoms are similar to mine."

But I suppose there is too much critical thought put into that for Lori.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I started having gall bladder problems when I was pregnant with my youngest (told y'all that kid was a royal pain). It was suggested that I was suffering from anxiety, that I was drinking, that I didn't want to take care of my children. I went thru 5 years of that bullshit until the day I drove myself to the urgent care (my x also thought it was all in my head) and proceeded to vomit bile all over the doctor's silk tie. They tossed me in an ambulance, I was admitted for 3 days of re-hydration and tests and had my GB removed the 4th day. We won't discuss what my husband went through with pancreatitis. Let it suffice to say I have a VERY LOW opinion of pretty much the entire medical profession, with very few exceptions. 

As someone with SEVERE back issues spaning back many years, I would rather walk over broken glass (not really...that would hurt my special snowflake tooties) than vomit.

I have learned many tricks to get myself through nausea so I don't throw up.  When I had pancreatitis no amount of tricks were stopping me from throwing up.  The second we got to the ER I told my husband to find me a puke bucket (they helpfully keep a cart of them near check in!).    I made it through intake (VIP status, baby.  They got me right into triage and into the back).  Once I explained what was going on, they wanted to do some kind of scan I had never heard of before, but I was game.   

Why I didn't ask them for something for nausea before the test, I have no idea.  I get a tech that looks about as old as Doogie Howser.  This poor, nice kid is telling me what's going to happen during the scan and he says I'm going to push this into your IV and as soon as I do you are going to feel like you are going to throw up, but don't worry, you won't.

I had never had anything like that before, but I have had contrast that makes it feel like you are peeing yourself so I knew that kind of thing was possible.  I was still pretty dubious though and said I'm pretty nauseated and I will probably throw up if more nausea is piled on top of what I already had.   I had my puke bucket tightly in hand and said I was ready.

He was all Ok I'm going to push the meds now and you will feel like you are going to throw up, but.......cue me violently throwing up.   Now we spend the next 10 minutes in the "I'm sorry," "don't be sorry" loop that I get in when I feel like I'm causing medical professionals more work, time, etc.    My poor husband is just standing there behind my wheelchair and finally he starts chiming in a "don't be sorry as well" so now I'm saying sorry twice and then throwing up.

It finally passed and we got me on the table for the test and THEN he tells me I have to lay flat on my back (when I couldn't do that physically) and be still for 60 minutes.  My husband, Rufus bless him, started to giggle.   I gave him "what time is it" looks every 3 minutes the entire time.

I was admitted, then did an ERCP the next day (another fun story with a crazed anesthetist) and I was in the hospital longer than I was when I had my gallbladder out because my liver values were crazy high.  if your liver ain't happy, ain't no one happy!

One of our dogs has had pancreatitis two or three times.  I feel so bad for him because I know how miserable he must be and he can't even complain about it!

@Curious my husband suffered from Chronic Pancreatitis for about 4 and a half years. It culminated in him having a total pancreatectomy (pancreas, gall bladder, appendix, about 10 inches of small intestine and part of his stomach were removed). Every time he'd have to go to the ER for IV pain meds, they'd give him Zofran IV for nausea. I'm very familiar with the blue emesis bags available at your friendly neighborhood ER. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. 

I HATE puking with a passion! Especially after three vaginal births and a hysterectomy. My choices are a towel and puke in the toilet or sit on the toilet and puke into a bucket. Either way it sucks. 

48 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Curious my regular depression med is Lexapro. That shit works wonders. My pain doc had me on Cymbalta and it didn't do anything for me. I have another pain doc appointment on Monday and I think I'm going to ask him to write me scripts for the Cymbalta and Flexeril (muscle relaxer) and see if they work better now that I'm back on the Lexapro. My psychiatrist explained to me that the depression can make the pain worse and the pain can make the depression worse...so the cycle needs to be stopped. I'm doing really well back on the Lexapro so hopefully the Cymbalta and Flexeril will help even more. 

I am going to ask the pain doc and the shrink to write me a schedule A letter, stating I have a disability. It would give me an advantage for applying for city/county jobs...the disabled folks go on the non-competitive list. Fingers crossed. 

Have you tried Lyrica?   I am on both cymbalta and lyrica.  I was on topamax for years, but for some reason was changed to lyrica.  I have never tried cymbalta alone.  I've always had either topamax or lyrica with it.  So that might be something to discuss with your dr.   My nerve pain was somewhat controlled with the topamax or lyrica, but within 3-4 days of starting the cymbalta it took my nerve pain down noticably.   

My feet are being a real bitch right now and I'm having a lot of nerve pain in them at night, but I'm fairly used to my feet being futzy so it's tolerable.  I used to get the burning pain in my thighs so bad.   Apparently, I would unconsciously rub my thigh when it was bothering me because my husband eventually noticed and would ask me if I needed a pain pill when he saw me rubbing my thigh.  I don't *think* I do that anymore because he hasn't mentioned it in a few years.   Now he just has to guess most of the time ;)

Flexeril did fuck all for me. I'm currently taking Skelaxin.  I was on something else (name escapes me atm) but it was like $280/month.  I filled my script every month when I had met my catastrophic limit on insurance and it was free, so I had a few extra stored up once we were back on a deductible.  Now I am back to the $15 for 3 months Skelaxin.  Honestly, I think they work about the same.

Good luck with the letter!

1 minute ago, Curious said:

Flexeril did fuck all for me. I'm currently taking Skelaxin.  I was on something else (name escapes me atm) but it was like $280/month.  I filled my script every month when I had met my catastrophic limit on insurance and it was free, so I had a few extra stored up once we were back on a deductible.  Now I am back to the $15 for 3 months Skelaxin.  Honestly, I think they work about the same.

Flexeril seems to work...the secret for me is to take it before bed...it keeps my neck loose enough that I don't wake up with a headache (which sucks beyond suckage). The working diagnosis for me right now is something called Facet Joint Syndrome. When I got knocked about in that car accident all the little joints on the sides of my spine in my lower back and neck got bounced around and are impinging on all the little nerves that come out below those joints. I've had three rounds of nerve blocks in C-3 to C-6 and L-1 to L-5 with pretty much no relief. I've also had a bilateral occipital nerve block to try to reduce the headaches. 

I'm waiting (not very patiently) for this whole thing to be settled, because after that I'm going to get my lawyer to subpoena her (the other driver's) phone records. If she was on the phone when she hit me...her ass is MINE! 

PTSD/ PTSD like symptoms are a thing after experiencing traumatic medical procedures and problems. My mom rarely goes to the doctor and I think it's because of the strokes. I mean she was only 27 years old and had a newborn (me) to worry about. But the doctors told her she was crazy and that almost cost her life. My sis experienced some medical problems recently and their solution was to pump her full of antibiotics with minimal testing. It was incredibly bad for her stomach and my dad had to tell her to get probiotics to help balance the antibiotics. They couldn't even be bothered to do the CAT scan properly. 

In summary, the doctors where my folks live are stupid. We just got a marijuana clinic but the doctors at the hospital don't seem to be prescribing as they don't believe in it. Instead people have to suffer on opiates. Our family doctor also doesn't believe in fibromyalgia. It's a real great place. 

Ps I could be wrong on marijuana use for pain management but I just know opiates are killers to take, literally.

9 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Flexeril seems to work...the secret for me is to take it before bed...it keeps my neck loose enough that I don't wake up with a headache (which sucks beyond suckage). The working diagnosis for me right now is something called Facet Joint Syndrome. When I got knocked about in that car accident all the little joints on the sides of my spine in my lower back and neck got bounced around and are impinging on all the little nerves that come out below those joints. I've had three rounds of nerve blocks in C-3 to C-6 and L-1 to L-5 with pretty much no relief. I've also had a bilateral occipital nerve block to try to reduce the headaches. 

I'm waiting (not very patiently) for this whole thing to be settled, because after that I'm going to get my lawyer to subpoena her (the other driver's) phone records. If she was on the phone when she hit me...her ass is MINE! 

I have never tried the injections.  At one point, we considered them but it was right around the time they were giving people meningitis due to contamination from one of the production facilities and my dr was not willing to take that chance, particularly with my luck.   Then I ended up having to have the fusions so it was moot.   Now my pain is well controlled except for my stupid burning feet (they are driving me crazy at this moment) so we haven't revisited.

I have some friends and know some friends of my husband that have tried both the spinal and facial nerve blocks and none of them have ever reported any kind of relief :(   One of my husband's friends just did a round of botox not too long ago to try and help her migraines and she did not have anything good to say about that.  She had some kind of side effect on top of it not working :(

I have been on Flexeril in the past and it worked ok when I was younger for things like migraines. Right now I take a Skelaxin with my morning meds and 1 with my night meds. That schedule seems to both let me sleep, such as a do and function during the day, as well.

I hope you are able to get some justice from your accident. I'm still pretty fucking bitter about not being able to sue either of the facilities that fucked me up because I happened to be at home for a few weeks inbetween facilities.

I’m still in shock here that cyberknife “surgery” is radiation and Lazy Lori gets an MRI every few years. Didn’t she tell that world that mammograms cause breast cancer and she would never have one done? Another case of “do as I say, not as I do”. But it’s criminal that she discourages other woman from doing the best thing that leads to early and treatable breast cancer diagnoses. 

That really pisses me off. 

And about her UTI...these get far more dangerous as we age.  My dad died from one that went septic in about two days (it still horrifies me to type that, because he had Alzheimer’s and had just been moved into a care center, but I find comfort in knowing he wouldn’t have wanted to live as he was for years and years longer).  Furthermore, they cause horrible dementia in seniors, even those without dementia. I do wonder if that doesn’t explain some of Lori’s more recent bizarre behavior.

Lori needs to add a couple more illnesses to her laundry list: hypochondria and narcissism.  This woman is a poster child for the American Pychiatric Association.   

Finally...mmmmmmm Flexeril.  It’s been a wonder drug for me.  Between the muscle relaxing and lowered pain effects, I get the best night of sleep when I take one  

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

I hope you are able to get some justice from your accident. I'm still pretty fucking bitter about not being able to sue either of the facilities that fucked me up because I happened to be at home for a few weeks inbetween facilities.

My attorney turned down one offer...his reaction (and I quote) was "are you fucking kidding me???" It wasn't even enough to cover my medical bills (my ER visit was 27 grand alone). He's trying to get it done by the end of the summer. The big deal is my pain doc weighing in on whether or not I'd be able to work in my field again (the answer to that is no because there's no way I can do field work anymore)...I've already provided him with my average wages as a mechanical designer and that'll be multiplied by 13 (full retirement age - my current age) and a certain figure for future medical bills plus current medical bills and some multiplier factor...we SHOULD end up with enough to get us out of this shithole we call "home". Nevada laws are way funny...there's no limit to damages. If they fight hard enough we can go to court...and the judge can basically pull some number out of his ass and award that as damages to me. 

8 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

PTSD/ PTSD like symptoms are a thing after experiencing traumatic medical procedures and problems. My mom rarely goes to the doctor and I think it's because of the strokes. I mean she was only 27 years old and had a newborn (me) to worry about. But the doctors told her she was crazy and that almost cost her life. My sis experienced some medical problems recently and their solution was to pump her full of antibiotics with minimal testing. It was incredibly bad for her stomach and my dad had to tell her to get probiotics to help balance the antibiotics. They couldn't even be bothered to do the CAT scan properly. 

In summary, the doctors where my folks live are stupid. We just got a marijuana clinic but the doctors at the hospital don't seem to be prescribing as they don't believe in it. Instead people have to suffer on opiates. Our family doctor also doesn't believe in fibromyalgia. It's a real great place. 

Ps I could be wrong on marijuana use for pain management but I just know opiates are killers to take, literally.

I've been on opiates since 2005 and handle them fine.  I don't think I have the ability to become addicted to them.  I know I have the ability in other areas of my life, but for me the opiates give me no kind of "high" at all.   The best word I could describe is maybe relief, but even then there are times I will be sitting here doing something and thing why do my legs hurt so much today and I will notice my husband set me meds out, but didn't specifically point them out to me so I never bothered to take them.  He usually reminds me they are available now so that doesn't happen *too* often anymore (maybe 2-3x a month).

I know I may be unusual in this regard and do understand they are a real problem for other people.   I'm not sure how I would do with marijuana.  I can't smoke (just not my thing) so I would have to use edibles I guess?   I honestly don't know much about it since it's not legal here.  If it were, I would have to discuss it with my pain dr before trying it because of my contract with him.   If he was to retire (I've already told him he's not allowed to.  He has to keep me as a patient until his death.  If I have to drive to his house once a month, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make ;) ) and it was legal here I might consider it rather than having to train a new pain dr.

I think Fibro tends to fall into the same category as chronic fatigue syndrome for some drs.  A catch all for we have no fucking clue what is wrong, but something seems to be.  I'm sure as they do more research it will get better for people with that dx.   I admit I sometimes don't even tell new drs that I have a CFS dx until I know them better because I don't want to start out with a side eye.   After I've gone to them for a bit and plan to keep seeing them then when we go over my meds each visit I will slip in an "oh you don't have my CFS listed?"   

8 minutes ago, Curious said:

I've been on opiates since 2005 and handle them fine.  I don't think I have the ability to become addicted to them.  I know I have the ability in other areas of my life, but for me the opiates give me no kind of "high" at all.   The best word I could describe is maybe relief, but even then there are times I will be sitting here doing something and thing why do my legs hurt so much today and I will notice my husband set me meds out, but didn't specifically point them out to me so I never bothered to take them.  He usually reminds me they are available now so that doesn't happen *too* often anymore (maybe 2-3x a month).

I know I may be unusual in this regard and do understand they are a real problem for other people.   I'm not sure how I would do with marijuana.  I can't smoke (just not my thing) so I would have to use edibles I guess?   I honestly don't know much about it since it's not legal here.  If it were, I would have to discuss it with my pain dr before trying it because of my contract with him.   If he was to retire (I've already told him he's not allowed to.  He has to keep me as a patient until his death.  If I have to drive to his house once a month, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make ;) ) and it was legal here I might consider it rather than having to train a new pain dr.

I think Fibro tends to fall into the same category as chronic fatigue syndrome for some drs.  A catch all for we have no fucking clue what is wrong, but something seems to be.  I'm sure as they do more research it will get better for people with that dx.   I admit I sometimes don't even tell new drs that I have a CFS dx until I know them better because I don't want to start out with a side eye.   After I've gone to them for a bit and plan to keep seeing them then when we go over my meds each visit I will slip in an "oh you don't have my CFS listed?"   

I have a monthly prescription for opioid pain meds but often don't need it refilled every month because I make use of other options. I know this sounds crazy, but it's what my ancestors did. If my pain isn't too bad, I scrape some bark from a young willow and make a tea. The willow has the same compound as aspirin (actually that's where it's from), but it's got more of a kick in terms of dealing with pain and you don't get the stomach issues. 

My State is legal and so I also use edibles. If you choose to use edibles, remember that less is more. I didn't heed that one time and was stoned off my ass in our dog yard - having very philosophic conversations with our dogs. 

I laugh every time I read about Lori and her parasites. I don't believe a word she says, but I do know that humans can indeed contract worms - usually from animal feces. I am completely safe in this regard. Have you ever tried to wrestle 135 - 145 lb Malamutes with a syringe full of wormer in one hand - an oral solution they despise? A lot of that stuff has ended up in my mouth. I am pleased to say I have also occasionally vaccinated myself against parvo and distemper. Sigh.

6 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Have you ever tried to wrestle 135 - 145 lb Malamutes with a syringe full of wormer in one hand - an oral solution they despise? A lot of that stuff has ended up in my mouth. I am pleased to say I have also occasionally vaccinated myself against parvo and distemper. Sigh.

I had a 145lb male Mal. He was GORGEOUS and dumb as a box of rocks! Couldn't take him out on a leash. He'd pull to the point where he'd cut off his own air no matter how much we tried to teach him to heel. He loved riding in the car though...imagine this enormous Mal sitting between the two front seats of my van...he'd sing too. Evidently the pitch in some songs made him want to howl. It's hard to drive when you're laughing hysterically. Stopped at a gas station with said enormous Mal in my van. Some guy walked up to my van and pretty much yelled "Holy shit, there's a fucking WOLF in that van"...thing is, he was a LOUSY watchdog. He was terrified of my 7lb cat too. We had a German Shepherd, a sled dog mix (keeshound/husky) and the Mal. Imagine, 7lb calico sitting in front of the water dish with all three dogs panting and waiting. Not a single one of them realized that with one well-placed paw, kitty wouldn't be much more than a wet spot on the floor. The Mal would look around for the cat before he went in any room in the house. If he saw the cat, he wasn't moving! I'd love another Mal, but deserts and sled dogs are not a good combination. 

23 minutes ago, Curious said:

I know people who have had a pretty similar experience with opiates as you, no high but relief. And I'm ever thankful for that because I can't imagine the pain they and you go through. I just hate a one size fits all approach. Also doctors not educating the patients and being responsible with prescriptions. I'm not anti-pain meds or medicine. I'm just anti stupid doctors. 

Fibro and CFS definitely seem to fit into that category and I wish there was more understanding and research behind it. It's not like most people ask for that diagnosis so many doctors could at least be respectful when talking about. 

12 hours ago, Koala said:

Even my little grandson was sitting here...he kind of hurt himself and he was *beyond ridiculous looking fake crying*  you know, and I, I said, "NO! Even if you're hurting, I don't want you to sit there and moan and complain. Cause just cause you're unhappy and not feeling good, doesn't mean that you have to make everyone else that way.

She has a chair that faces a wall and if the grandchildren complain they sit in the chair for ten minutes. 

I can't STAND to hear the grands cry. I mean, CAN'T STAND it! I must have put a million miles on my rocking chair with the grands. My granddaughter K loved to snuggle with me. I'd rock her to sleep every single night from the time she was 18 months old until she was probably 3. Grandson E spent much time in Nona's lap. If he wasn't in Nona's lap, he was in Poppa's lap. I rocked him when he cried or snuggled him when he cried. Now, when he was having a toddler hissy fit, I could cure it by plopping him in my car and starting the engine. He thought he was BAD ASS sitting in Nona's car! No sooner the engine started, the tears would stop. 

Fuck Lori...just Lori Alexander is a fucking monster

All I have to say about Lori and her parasites is if I had parasites, I'd be telling my doctor to get them the hell OUT of me stat! I don't like bugs on the outside of me, I sure as hell ain't gonna futz around for a frickin YEAR trying some woo shit to get rid of them from the INSIDE of me! :naughty:  Ugh ugh ugh!!

Lori, kids are going to be kids. Sometimes you just have to let them cry things out. If they aren’t feeling good or are in pain you do what you can to make them feel better. I babysat this girl every Friday night from the time she was 3 months until she was 3. She would start crying, when she was 2, every time her grandma left her. She had abandonment issues from her dad. I did what I could to calm her down but she had to cry it out then she was fine. 

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lord help me, she blogged about the story and I remembered it because it was...well. ew. 

Also this...

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/problems-with-parasites.html

Also, presented without comment:

https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric-disorders/somatic-symptom-and-related-disorders/somatic-symptom-disorder

So let's just say she really did have these parasites ... and she passed them on to her children. 

Parasites that lived in her intestines were passed from her ... to her children.

I'll let you sit with that for a minute. 

And then I'll share what the CDC says about transmission routes: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/about.html

Fucking wash yourself, Lori. Your house may be a "whited sepulcher," but you, woman, just might be the filthiest human I've ever encountered. 

25 minutes ago, polecat said:

So let's just say she really did have these parasites ... and she passed them on to her children. 

Parasites that lived in her intestines were passed from her ... to her children.

And then I'll share what the CDC says about transmission routes: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/about.html

Fucking wash yourself, Lori. Your house may be a "whited sepulcher," but you, woman, just might be the filthiest human I've ever encountered. 

I just threw up a little. It doesn't sound like parasites transfer in the womb but outside..... Gross gross gross. Wash your hands woman! :tw_confounded:

1 hour ago, polecat said:

um..eww

I was thinking more like the transmission route that dogs have.  If a bitch has worms (not even an active outbreak) she can pass them to puppies, which is why most breeders worm their bitches before breeding them.  Even so, puppies can be born with them, which is also why worming is generally recommended even if you don't have puppies with the huge, distended tummies.

That link doesn't seem to suggest they can be transmitted during pregnancy or nursing though....

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Dear God in heaven...

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/women.html

So it looks like some varieties of parasites can be transferred to a fetus.  They seem to have pretty bad effects on the fetus though.

I found a few sites that talk about breastfeeding while having worms, but they were mostly about developing countries and they said more study was needed.

I did find some info on which drugs can be safely used during breastfeeding, but nothing specific about parasites being transferred to a baby during breastfeeding.

I still have questions about this whole parasite thing because while the sites use parasite as a general term, they all have specifics about each different type of parasite.  There is no info specifically based on the general "parasite" that I have found so far.

This morning when I was playing D&D I was thinking about how educational Lori is and the irony that WE are always learning about new things thanks to her lack of critical thought, yet she never learns anything.

Wow. Reading through all these stories makes me so grateful for my health. Hugs to anyone who has issues/has been fucked over by doctors in the past. 

My mum had uterine fibroids for a while, and (poss TMI) had really heavy periods, sometimes to the point where she felt faint. She had a hysterectomy a few years ago, so no issues there anymore! She’s on pills for high blood pressure and an underactive thyroid, but apart from that she’s great. Dad also has blood pressure issues (which in his case fucked up his kidneys as I’ve mentioned a few times on here) so the genetic odds are against me, I’m gonna have to keep an eye on it. I remember registering for my GP recently and having to list all the various ailments my family members had suffered. That was cheerful. 

Sorry for th change in direction, but I was just reading another blog and this quote is something with which I'm sure Ken and Lori would disagree; but it is so true:

http://hotholyhumorous.com/2018/05/5-reasons-love-quickie/

Quickies should not comprise the majority of your lovemaking. If they do, you’re not giving your sex life enough time and attention. Because the ultimate goal of sex in marriage is intimacy. And you can’t get super-intimate with your spouse in 5-10 minutes.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived