IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

From a leghumper fangirl comment on the Sensoring blog post (bolding mine):

Hi Lori. I have been really encouraged and blessed by all your blog posts!! Reading them is part of my daily Bible time with the Lord.

I just cannot even with people like this. This misguided fangirl is equating Lori's blog with the Bible.

You know the book they all believe is the divine Word of God -- every single syllable of it. Lori already has created her own cult-ish religion.  She believes she speaks for God and knows what God wants and thinks.  Now this will be proof to her that every word she writes is the word of God.

No, No, No you stupid leghumper. if you are spending daily Bible time with the Lord then read the Bible and only the Bible.  Lori's blog is not the Bible. It's not even biblically-based. Not even close.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Regarding Lori's misspelling of "censorship;" SHE IS A PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND A TEACHER!!

Not to mention, she went viral.  Did you all know that? She did.

39 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Not to mention, she went viral.  Did you all know that? She did.

WOAH WOAH WOAH LORI WENT VIRAL???

Also this hasn’t appeared for a while so:

E463C5E0-55F5-47AE-AB72-D2C686BDE860.jpeg.16617427de06f9e58307d098bdbefe28.jpeg

Re: powder puff football. The school district I am in has evolved to girls flag football (a varsity and jv sport) and the girls wear helmets and shoulder/chest gear. The league is very competitive and there is a State championship. The male football players are always seen in large numbers cheering the girls on, which is really amazing to see. 

1 hour ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Re: powder puff football. The school district I am in has evolved to girls flag football (a varsity and jv sport) and the girls wear helmets and shoulder/chest gear. The league is very competitive and there is a State championship. The male football players are always seen in large numbers cheering the girls on, which is really amazing to see. 

That’s awesome! 25 plus years ago, when I was in high school, we had a girl on the football team- she played with all of the guys. I don’t remember anyone thinking it was wrong or scandalous. 

We also didn’t have a girls soccer team and so there was a girl that played boys varsity soccer (all four years)- and was captain of the team. Not an issue for anyone. She was one of 8 kids and all of them were tremendous athletes- playing and lettering in varsity sports three seasons per year and all four years of high school. 

Unfortunately for my high school powderpuff football often involved a lot of drama. People upset over player choices, who was captain, not getting certain jerseys, etc etc. Maybe that made for a better game idk lol. There was always a few fouls or whatever they're called. 

So today's blog post is 'SANE WOMEN STANDING AGAINST THEIR CRAZY SISTERS.'  Hey Lori, we keep trying, but you keep deleting us, or Ken comes riding in on his Horse of Truth and tries to silence us.   

16 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

So today's blog post is 'SANE WOMEN STANDING AGAINST THEIR CRAZY SISTERS.'  Hey Lori, we keep trying, but you keep deleting us, or Ken comes riding in on his Horse of Truth and tries to silence us.   

I thought she was going to tell us about her own sisters' attempts to reason with her; but, NOPE!

A reader asks why Lori uses Facebook.  

Her response: 

Why not? As long as it's available, everyone should be able to use it but my message is for Christian women who are interested in biblical womanhood so it's a small audience indeed but it's still a free country with freedom of speech.

Again w/ the freedom of speech bullshit. We have already explained this to Ken (who labored under the delusion that the existence of FJ violated Lori's right to free speech).

Lori-

Freedom of speech doesn't= I can say anything I want, to anyone I want, and they can't say anything to contradict me.  It doesn't mean that people can't quote you (even when those quotes show that you're obviously lying or contradicting yourself). It doesn't even mean that Facebook has to offer you a platform to spout your special brand of crazy.

Your freedom of speech HAS NOT been denied.

Do you feel like you are denying others their right to free speech when you delete their comments?  You claim you have the "right" to do that.  Well, Facebook has the right to delete your page if they want.  It's a free service, and they don't have to provide it to you.  

15 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I thought she was going to tell us about her own sisters' attempts to reason with her; but, NOPE!

She's not that self-aware, or anywhere close to it. 

18 hours ago, 3splenty said:

I love Sarah's comment!

Our three kids go to parochial schools.  The local public school refused to step in during instances of bullying, reported by several families, because "they didn't want to upset" parents of a "star athlete."  Our oldest came home with her arms bruised up and that was when Mama bear came out and we pulled our kids from school.  We uncovered a web of lies and found out some of the faculty were encouraging kids to pick on other "less-than" kids.

My oldest tested at 2nd grade level in 4th grade at her old school.  After moving to her new school, she was tested again, two months later.  She averaged 6th grade level, some subjects were 7th and 8th grade.  

Overall, I have nothing against public schools.  But when the board members are puppets to the families with money, etc., then I have an issue.  If a kid thrives in public school, that's great.  Do they do better in a private school?  That's okay, too.  Each kid is an individual and can do amazing things.

Everybody will say he/she has a right, but few want to say they have responsibility.

A friend of mine taught at a public school that had board members who were puppets to certain school employees and parents.  She and her husband had to move for his job and she taught again at a different public school and it was much better than the first one. When my friend got pregnant with her daughter she had some health issues that continued after the birth. She decided to do online tutoring from home part time for a few years. My friend started working at a private school in January. She says she likes it for the most part. But, she has seen major classism issues brought on by some parents which causes problems with the kids. My friend has said that pretty any type of school setting can have problems.

I agree with you, kids can thrive in various school settings or do better after changes. I can't stand how Lori and her fangirls paint all public schools as bad. There is a Catholic blogger Brianna Heldt, who pulled some of her kids from a public school due to bullying and racism and started homeschooling them again. She did point out that not everything was bad in that public school. Two of her kids who have Down syndrome remained in that school because they love it. I suspect part of the reason Briana kept those two in is because the school may provide special education resources that she may not be able to provide in a homeschooling situation.

Lori and fangirls will never realize that homeschooling or in some cases private school may not be right for some kids. My ex-boyfriend's aunt put two of her four kids in a private Christian school. One had dyselxia and the other had been diagnosed with diabetes at age 5. The aunt felt that her kids would do better in a smaller school environment. My ex's cousins have said that the school wasn't all that great. The one with dyslexia says the school wasn't  well equipped to deal with his issues.

If one of Lori's kids was in situation where they felt a public school may serves the kids of one or all of their kids, Lori would go fucking nuts. She probably wouldn't even try to ask deep questions about the decision. Lori would probably tell them nasty things.

Save for a few on the absolute fringes, I don't believe there are any feminists who fit the ridiculous caricature Ken and Lori depict. Feminist =/= hating men. 

58 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Anyone know what her actual sisters think? I know she has one into the whole organic cooking but she doesn't say much else.

Just now, SongRed7 said:

Anyone know what her actual sisters think? I know she has one into the whole organic cooking but she doesn't say much else.

I remember the one post where she said they “only eat their portion.” Weird when a person has been blogging for 8 years and the only thing the reader knows about the blogger’s sisters is how much they eat.

(Wish I knew how to share screenshots from my phone) That background of women in pink pussy hats with the message  “Sane Women Standing Against Their Crazy Sisters”? Yes—we in the pink hats WERE (in part) standing against crazy sisters like Lori!

What happened to Jilly? She use to be active on the Lori undeleted page and disagreed a lot with Lori?jilly.thumb.PNG.8246fa89df4f9cf284045b4ceff5d706.PNG

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What happened to Jilly? She use to be active on the Lori undeleted page and disagreed a lot with Lori?

I wonder if she's having doubts, but is trying to push them down, so is going even more overboard in supporting Lori?  I might be erring on the side of making the best assumptions about other people, rather than assuming she was just baiting us, but I'm aware (unlike Lori) that I really cannot see what's going on in someone else's heart and mind.

WHEN????  When will they learn that slander is spoken???

And no, Lori,  you most certainly don't ignore those who disagree with you.  <---Disagreeing w/ you is NOT slander or libel.  When someone disagrees with you, you either delete and ban them, or shriek that they "HATE God and His ways".  You write entire posts about them.  You try to obtain the contact information.  <---A totally creepy move, if you ask me.  You send your husband to argue with them.  You have him write posts in your defense.  You do everything but ignore them.  

As for Jilly- that doesn't sound like her at all, and if it is, what she's saying doesn't make any sense.  She was posting on one of those pages, herself.

"I ignore all of those who slander me..."

Libel, Lori. LIBEL!

And...:laughing-rolling:   You do NOT ignore those who 'slander' you.  (see @Koala's post just above mine for concrete examples of how you don't ignore those who 'slander' you)

Here, Lori- This is an example of you ignoring all the "haters".

https://thetransformedwife.com/the-time-i-was-never-nearly-raped/ 

You tried to contact the woman who left that review!  You admitted that you were thinking of calling her.

From the comments:

I know one of your review trolls I actually recognized – she has commented before around the internet and is a professing devout Christian woman. She’s emailed me before using her real name, from which I was able to find all online her address, church, pastor, and even photos of her white van and house!! 

5aeb47f96f265_Capture3.PNG.adff460c31ba4b5d53407e2c7c4116dd.PNG

Stephanie says:

I can email you all her information.

She continues:

God was never against this kind of justice...

The Bible says I think in a few places that what is done in secret will always come to the light (much to the perpetrator’s misery and demise!). What someone intends to be hidden will come back to haunt them.

5aeb4915b02a0_Capture4.PNG.43ad4d67b08d7c61ee8c28993378ec92.PNG

At that point another reader chimed in to express her concern.  

Reader:

I have to say Lori, that I find this thread very uncomfortable and frankly, vindictive and ungodly:

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:9

This, I believe, should have been your response to Stephanie’s offer rather than a request for this woman’s personal information.

She continues:

I was planning on buying your book, but since I review the books I read on my blog, I am seriously reconsidering the purchase. What happens if I write that I disagree with some part of your book? I have to worry about being sued or doxxed?

Not only is this targeting of those who offer public disagree ungodly, it’s un-American. A person with a different point of view should have as much right to speak freely as you do.

Lori's reply:

5aeb4a4a44689_Capture5.PNG.a3e1a3b3b80223f3d8b8d97632080577.PNG

And before you think that the call would have been a pleasant one, read this account in Lori's own words:

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!  

If that was her response to a barking dog, imagine how she would have responded to a person leaving a negative review on her precious book.  

And, Lori?  What did you mean by "or else"?  

Jilly is doing what Hannah did. Hannah was the one who wrote an incredibly negative review of her book, claimed Lori banned her, but then days later changed her review to be the most ass kissing review ever and since then she has been commenting on Lori's blog (even just yesterday). I really get the sense that Lori bribes/bargains/threatens with some of them offline to change their tune OR ELSE (as Koala pointed out). 

This is the Hannah review for anyone who isn't aware. 

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/172525333764/an-amazon-review-that-went-from-negative-to

Hannah blocked me!  I noticed an anti-Lori comment on a 2.0 thread a couple of weeks back, and I replied to her.  Honest, all I said was, "What changed, Hannah?  I've noticed you commenting and supporting Lori up until now." And she proceeded to block me.  So what the hell was up with that, I do not know.

32 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Jilly is doing what Hannah did. Hannah was the one who wrote an incredibly negative review of her book, claimed Lori banned her, but then days later changed her review to be the most ass kissing review ever and since then she has been commenting on Lori's blog (even just yesterday). I really get the sense that Lori bribes/bargains/threatens with some of them offline to change their tune OR ELSE (as Koala pointed out). 

This is the Hannah review for anyone who isn't aware. 

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/172525333764/an-amazon-review-that-went-from-negative-to

I am afraid that may be exactly what's going on.  These sudden about faces just aren't believable.  

15 minutes ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

Hannah blocked me!  I noticed an anti-Lori comment on a 2.0 thread a couple of weeks back, and I replied to her.  Honest, all I said was, "What changed, Hannah?  I've noticed you commenting and supporting Lori up until now." And she proceeded to block me.  So what the hell was up with that, I do not know.

Woah!! That is freaky. 

5 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Look who I found on the Matt Walsh post on Gay history being taught. 

IMG_4313.PNG

LOL, uh oh...here we go again. This seems all too familiar. Will Lori delete her comment again? Stay tuned!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived