IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Nope! 

I would, however, describe Lori as "pepper and darkness."  

Also; pretty please, may I use that line in real life? I love it! 

Be my guest. Go forth in pepper and darkness and make it your own.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the patriarchy post today but from what yall described it sounds like what that post shows is that patriarchy hurts men too. Also she has some nerve making light of a serious issue. I know women who could tell horror stories of what they suffered under patriarchy. They're laughing while women are dying how very kind. 

Also, most of the comments in today's post sound like they come from a bunch of well off women. New mini van, more grocery money than I need, cruise, all my dreams are fulfilled, etc etc etc. 

I went over and read that patriarchy post. So much for not reading her any more... I also told Ken to come over here and have a look at my profile if he wants to see my genuine obections to his wife's teachings.  

None of those women seem to understand how privileged they are to live the way they do. Either that or they are offering the rose-colored version of their lives to humor Lori.  Whatever the case, they show the greatest disdain for the women who truly suffer under patriarchy.  Women in places like Yemen or Saudi Arabia come to mind, or women in Somalia and other countries where girls are subjected to FGM and other barbaric practices to keep them "pure".  There's a whole world outside of the United States!  So you only want to talk about the United states? Think about the girls and women in the FLDS compounds and the young boys that get kicked out, or other isolated "Biblical" groups where women and men are expected to fall into step and live out their roles as dictated by their leaders.  Just because those women are happy leading their "soft patriarchal" lives doesn't mean that patriarchy is a benevolent arrangement.  In patriarchy, women depend on the benevolence of the males who exercise authority over them. 

49 minutes ago, onemama said:

I went over and read that patriarchy post. So much for not reading her any more... I also told Ken to come over here and have a look at my profile if he wants to see my genuine obections to his wife's teachings.  

None of those women seem to understand how privileged they are to live the way they do. Either that or they are offering the rose-colored version of their lives to humor Lori.  Whatever the case, they show the greatest disdain for the women who truly suffer under patriarchy.  Women in places like Yemen or Saudi Arabia come to mind, or women in Somalia and other countries where girls are subjected to FGM and other barbaric practices to keep them "pure".  There's a whole world outside of the United States!  So you only want to talk about the United states? Think about the girls and women in the FLDS compounds and the young boys that get kicked out, or other isolated "Biblical" groups where women and men are expected to fall into step and live out their roles as dictated by their leaders.  Just because those women are happy leading their "soft patriarchal" lives doesn't mean that patriarchy is a benevolent arrangement.  In patriarchy, women depend on the benevolence of the males who exercise authority over them. 

Most of her followers are dirt poor and really can’t afford to live the way they do. 

So she’s reading a book titled “The Boy Crisis”- I only skimmed this article but found it interesting: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/07/AR2006040702025.html

The book was just published and I haven’t read it (and don’t intend to), but I am mildly curious about statistics used, particularly with regard to race, rural vs urban, and socioeconomic status. 

And can someone please explain- fathers are important (I believe that as well) yet it’s ok for these men to work 16 hour days - sometimes 6 days per week? I understand that some parents have to work those long hours- but to be able bodied and at home while a husband is working himself to the bone is outrageous to me. I would be overcome with guilt. 

On 3/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, TeddyBonkers said:

I think of "Ace Ventura" whenever I hear Einkorn. 

"Finkle is Einkorn! Einkorn is Finkle!"

A raunchy comedy about cross-dressing: take that, Miss Lori, with your holier-than-thou Einkorn!

I was just getting ready to post this and decided to try and finish the thread before posting so I didn't have a ton of posts in a row.   I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

If I did not have experience in fundiedom I honestly would think this ignorant woman's blogs were a satire. 

I hope the new baby is OK as being disabled is hard enough without having this selfish stupid self serving bitch for a mother.  (Apologies to all the good bitches out there of which I am one)!

55 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

If I did not have experience in fundiedom I honestly would think this ignorant woman's blogs were a satire. 

I hope the new baby is OK as being disabled is hard enough without having this selfish stupid self serving bitch for a mother.  (Apologies to all the good bitches out there of which I am one)!

What new baby?? 

Someone please tell me if I am misreading those "I love patriarchy" snippets. 

-my husband works 12 hours a day during the week, 7 hours on Saturday, and I LOVE IT.

-I get to nap when my kids do.

-I just have to make him breakfast and sweet tea! *giggle*

In some instances, it seems like the man of the house is gone all the time. (Don't misunderstand, my hubs puts in a 40 hour week by Wednesday sometimes. Nature of the beast. I hate it, but I understand.) Unless these guys are military, government, or an attorney, what the actual fuck? *or something else I'm forgetting. 

So you get to nap. Yay. Or make sweet tea and breakfast. Girl, you LAZY. 

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Are you referring to Jill Rodrigues?

19 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

What new baby?? 

I FUCKED UP!!!!  I meant to post in the JRod thread.  However my first sent ace can apply here.

anyway so sorrey will be more carefull in future.

btw luv the transformed wife 2.0

@TeddyBonkers exactly! It's all about the material comforts they get from their husbands. Nothing about time spent together, silly jokes, playing with the kids in the backyard. Just how easy their life is and how much their husband works. 

My husband has a job that frankly sucks. He goes to work at 3 am, works till anywhere from 11 to 2. After that he gets our daughter off the bus, helps her with homework, does laundry. But I don't rejoice in how hard he works, how exhausted he is like the leghumpers. I would love for him to get a better job with better hours, but for now it is what it is. We support each other and do what we need to for our family. And I don't think Lori or any of her leghumpers have a clue what that feels like. 

My husband is up at 3, home at 4, and doesn't pull up until 5:30. 5 days a week and sometimes half a day on Saturday. We hate it. He really hates it. He hates production. Hates being home from our home and me. But it pays the bills so that's that for now. We are making the best of it for now. :( But we dream of being able to make a living in a way that allows us to spend more time together. 

Remember Lori's leghumper that was stalking her and being a bitch over the weekend? Now she's buying Lori's books and signing Rachelle's name to them as a gift.  

@Don'tlikekoolaid no worries! Thought I had missed something lol. 

Who is this Ashley Plett harassing Rachelle and others on 2.0? She’s freaking nuts. She seriously needs to be blocked. She has a weird obsession with Rachelle, alleging she stalked Lori (I’m pretty sure she didn’t), yet she’s stalking others, reporting profiles, and otherwise acting like a nuisance. Everyone else has engaged in discussion while she is trying to stir up drama. Before she locked her page I saw she was friends with the one in FL killed by her estranged husband. i had to fight the urge to call her on it. But she’s like Lori- black and white thinking only. 

2 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@Don'tlikekoolaid no worries! Thought I had missed something lol. 

Who is this Ashley Plett harassing Rachelle and others on 2.0? She’s freaking nuts. She seriously needs to be blocked. She has a weird obsession with Rachelle, alleging she stalked Lori (I’m pretty sure she didn’t), yet she’s stalking others, reporting profiles, and otherwise acting like a nuisance. Everyone else has engaged in discussion while she is trying to stir up drama. Before she locked her page I saw she was friends with the one in FL killed by her estranged husband. i had to fight the urge to call her on it. But she’s like Lori- black and white thinking only. 

Where did she say Rachelle stalked Lori? Rachelle did call her on it. Asking her why she'd support Lori when Lori would have abused women like the one killed that they'd have to stay with their evil husbands. 

5 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My husband is up at 3, home at 4, and doesn't pull up until 5:30. 5 days a week and sometimes half a day on Saturday. We hate it. He really hates it. He hates production. Hates being home from our home and me. But it pays the bills so that's that for now. We are making the best of it for now. :( But we dream of being able to make a living in a way that allows us to spend more time together. 

Remember Lori's leghumper that was stalking her and being a bitch over the weekend? Now she's buying Lori's books and signing Rachelle's name to them as a gift.  

I’m sorry @EowynW  I know that’s rough. I know that’s the reality for many families- but I don’t see you gloating about how easy you have it because of it. I hope this season of your lives is short and that you achieve your wildest dreams. 

Whats funny is that Rachelle blocked Ashley per one of her comments and Ashley doesn’t even know. 

@EowynW it’s in one of her comments on 2.0- might be a more recent one. I blocked her though so I can’t pull it up. She’s reporting people that in her mind have fake profiles- not sure how she makes that determination. I don’t have any tolerance for people like that. 

1 minute ago, Frog99 said:

I’m sorry @EowynW  I know that’s rough. I know that’s the reality for many families- but I don’t see you gloating about how easy you have it because of it. I hope this season of your lives is short and that you achieve your wildest dreams. 

Whats funny is that Rachelle blocked Ashley per one of her comments and Ashley doesn’t even know. 

I hate it. I work two part time jobs to help out and am going to start taking care of a lot of the mowing & etc to lessen his load when he's home. I've even asked him to teach me to change my oil so that's one less thing he has to worry about. I adore him and it's so hard to see him so so tired all the time. 

3 hours ago, Frog99 said:

And can someone please explain- fathers are important (I believe that as well) yet it’s ok for these men to work 16 hour days - sometimes 6 days per week? I understand that some parents have to work those long hours- but to be able bodied and at home while a husband is working himself to the bone is outrageous to me. I would be overcome with guilt. 

It seems like Lori's fangirls view their husbands mostly as ATMs. I noticed the discussions about fathers working multiple jobs with long hours started a couple of years ago. Those women seemed to have no issue at all with their husbands working long hours and not being at home much. There was one woman whose husband was in the Army and he delivered pizzas at night so she could stay at home. Then came along the other women talking about their husbands' multiple  jobs. It seems like they just don't care about their husbands not being around the home or having an impact on the kids.

7 hours ago, EowynW said:

Fundies are always complaining of "lazy" women on welfare, popping out babies while we fund it. 

But, after reading today's post, I honestly believe most of those women want to live like those "lazy welfare women." Stay home, don't work a real job, pop out eleventy kids, set their own schedules, etc etc. all while someone else is working their ass off paying for it all. 

Lol noooooo that is not a stock photo 

IMG_3452.PNG

I suspect that to a certain extent some of the leghumpers are living like that. They might not be getting welfare/TANF, but there are other government programs out there that they probably qualify if the husband's income is low enough combined with family size.

Now, there is a chance that some fundie families don't take government assistance. However, there have been noted cases of large fundie families getting help from non-profits, churches, and other non-government resources. Best example is the Bates family. They were getting health care from some kind of free clinic, people were giving them clothes donations. On that Primetime special, Gil said that they didn't take government help because they didn't want to be a burden. Gil just doesn't get that getting handouts from non-government resources isn't all that different from government assistance.

A friend of mine was on WIC and government assistance when she had her daughter while still in college. My friend said it was embarrassing to get help and she hated that people judged her for it.  My friend and her daughter were on assistance for a couple of years. She has worked in accounting for close to ten years and her daughter's father pays child support.  Lori and her leghumpers would probably trash my friend for being on assistance for a two years.  But, I bet some of the leghumpers are or will be seeking out handouts in various forms for many years if they keep having kids and their husband's income doesn't cover the family size comfortably. 

This is epic from ken ....

Lauren Bell You know Lauren, you can pile on as many things as you like, and I will say the same thing to them all. Lori is running a very successful blog, something she did not dream of, but she did work hard to develop it. The idea of making money on it has not even crossed her mind. All she cares about is the same purpose for which she started the blog. She was in great pain and unable to leave home much, so she asked the Lord for a way to contribute something to the advancement of the Kingdom of God.

From my inside view she is doing a fabulous job. Wives are loving their husband's in a way they never would have thought about without Lori, Mom's are coming to be with their children and thanking her for opening their eyes to a better God-given path for them. Many young ladies around the world thank her for being the wiser older women they longed for in their lives, and are growing spiritually; many now aware of which type of godly young man they should marry.

I cannot express how proud I am of my wife and what she is doing for the Kingdom. Is it perfect? No way. Would I have written or said something differently? Yes, at times, but hey, I probably get in trouble with what I write just as much. Sometimes it’s that we rush what we say, or we are having a bad day, or we just lack wisdom on a subject, but we try to give an answer and hope the Spirit can use it. I would not delete as many comments, but Lori studies and reads far more than I would if I were the blogger. It’s not easy coming up with a post once or twice a day.

Lori is fantastic at what she does and teaches, and you can, and probably will, be just like the Pharisees and find something wrong and try to use it to make fun of her, gossip about her, or keep a list of all her missteps and mistakes to parade around the Internet. Add them all up and they point to an imperfect person that God is using mightily to help the family of God.

Do you really think she is the only imperfect godly Christian person who God is using? Take a look at your Bible and it is only those people He uses. Why is He not using perfect you and me to minister like a Lori does and have her success? I am going to guess that she is the one sold out for Him more than you and me. I see it every day. This woman is on fire for Jesus and wants to do all things God’s ways.

She just wants to help others, and to do so, she has to wade through the noise, the nasty comments, the threats at times, invasion of privacy stealing private pictures, and nothing dissuades her. Oh, I have seen her upset a few times, and my guess is her way of dealing with the noise is to hit delete, early and often when she can see that the discussion will most likely be very unproductive. I just found out that if you have liked this blog you are most likely already banned from commenting on her page. Sorry, not my rules, not my blog, I am just the loving husband who doesn’t try to control my wife.

So you keep doing what you are going to do, and I can promise you, Lori will do what she is going to do, unless I shut her down, and I can’t see doing that when I hear 3-4 heart felt thank yous she reads to me many days. Then when we get to heaven we have God sort it all out and look at our hearts. He knows, and He has it all under control. You’re convinced in your mind that your ministry is one to tear down and stop Lori, and she will work towards trying to please the Lord as best she knows how.  There are some ministries I guess worth a Christians time to go after and try and destroy, although Jesus makes it pretty clear the wheat and tares should grow up side by side. I don’t know you, I don’t know your heart, I have no idea why you and others seem to spend so much time trying to infiltrate and destroy Lori’s ministry, but I do know Lori vey well, and I know she is planting and growing wheat. An abundant 30, 60 and 90 fold, and I am enjoying watching God bless her in it. Even with great health the past three years, can you believe it! He so so good to us.

Who knows, maybe God wants both of you doing what you are doing for the Kingdom. It won’t be the first time that two opposing camps God used and we all find out later why. All I ask is that you check your heart and soul with His Spirit on the matter. Finding a bunch of little mistakes or issues isn’t going to convince me of anything. Maybe it can fool the unsuspecting passerby that you can “rescue” from Lori’s Biblical mindset, or maybe you should have left her alone to find what Lori could have helped her with because after all, is it not God who sends the fruit and the ones we are to minister to?

I have about accomplished my purposes here, so not sure how much longer I will keep answering questions, or if I will check back in from time to time. I have appreciated the dialogue with many of you, and the common respect you have afforded me here. I can’t say I agree with the way this blog was set up with the violations of proprietary pictures, but if you all are enjoy yourselves evaluating what Lori is teaching, go for it!  The Word never returns void, so who knows who will be the next from your group to come to Lori’s blog admitting they used to be with you all, but now they have changed their minds about her. We just got one recently, not sure if it was from this group. I do think most of you I interacted with are pretty upstanding, decent people who may truly love the Lord, even as your church feminist world view is getting the best of you .

I wish you all the best!

Perhaps that's why they're so concerned with sperm count? Husbands are apparently good only for working themselves to death and providing babies. Gah that makes me sick 

Also Ken reminds me of a stereotypical used car salesman. Oily, thinking he can sweet talk "lowly" women with pretty words. 

Sorry, I don’t believe the fundie husbands are all working as many hours as the wives claim. How are they getting pregnant if the husbands are always working?

I know from experience that when my husband worked 60 -70 plus hours a week, there was not much time left for sex. He was exhausted ALL the time. Sleep was the biggest priority. It is very draining to work that much. We did nothing fun. The few times he was home, he fell asleep right after eating, like a baby.

I just read through the patriarchy post. I'm gonna ignore Ken's use of OT leadership and making decisions as an argument for patriarchy. OT leaders weren't infallible and would have done well to listen to the wisdom of others. 

And I wouldn't say these women are under patriarchy. If that's what works for them and their husbands, great. Although some of them do seem lazy. And again it annoys me because it fails to acknowledge the very real heartbreak women face under true patriarchy. 

11 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Sorry, I don’t believe the fundie husbands are all working as many hours as the wives claim. How are they getting pregnant if the husbands are always working?

I know from experience that when my husband worked 60 -70 plus hours a week, there was not much time left for sex. He was exhausted ALL the time. Sleep was the biggest priority. It is very draining to work that much. We did nothing fun. The few times he was home, he fell asleep right after eating, like a baby.

I feel like this is us right now. Did you guys finally make it through? Is there hope? Lol! We had no idea it'd be like this after only being married two years. Grateful for the overtime while it's here, but dear God it's hard. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived